Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252492 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1123984 Apr 23, 2014
Ghost introspective thought questshun of the day:

Mitter goober Ghost. How many flies have you managed to lure in to that venial fly trap of yours, with that baggie and some shiny pennies taped to your forehead?????

Need a minute or two to free you fingers up and count them?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123985 Apr 23, 2014
envy and jealousy distorts a Progressives view of the 'real-world'....

"Likewise, data analyzed by the I.R.S. showed similar findings with respect to the top 400 taxpayers between 1992 and 2009. While 73 percent of people who made the list did so once during this period, only 2 percent of them were on the list for 10 or more years."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/opinion/sun...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1123986 Apr 23, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem you seem to be having with Gray Ghost is that he describes events from the perspective of someone living in the real world.
The same one you inhabit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHH.......

It's actually spelled The "Reel" World where fish always take the hook, line and sinker.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1123987 Apr 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
a politician makes up the world for you...creates this, and that...your idol is a doophus elected by you, the doophus...that's your 'real world'....
Ironic that you make this point. In my world things are fantastic. Its right wing morons like yourself that blame Obama for your miserable lives. In fact, you spend all day here whining about it.

Lapeer, MI

#1123988 Apr 23, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
"kill your family"???
Bundy propped his family in the middle of an armed confrontation, grandchildren and all, to defend his ability to steal from the government. He's a gutless thief and you're a moron.
I love you, too, Buffoon.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123989 Apr 23, 2014
random post from a 'law blog'

"American Politics makes sense if you realize that liberals view conservatives as evil, while conservatives view liberals as mistaken."

SJ

Lapeer, MI

#1123990 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Send out the women and children first!! FOX will love it!!
oh yeah, right wing nutjobs are real men.
What would you know about real men, Mr. Effeminate 2014?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123991 Apr 23, 2014
Cyndi Lauper once sang about it...'Money changes everything'

"Benghazi attack could have been prevented if US hadn't 'switched sides in the War on Terror' and allowed $500 MILLION of weapons to reach al-Qaeda militants, reveals damning report"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26105...

Lapeer, MI

#1123992 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you're just ticked at Neil because he proved that the world isn't flat.
well, he's not actually the one who proved it, but in right wing eyes reminding folks that scientific facts can't be disputed is the same as.
Cheap comes in many flavors and Tyson is your favorite flavor-of-the-week.

More Muslims at NASA? Shooting for Allah!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123993 Apr 23, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic that you make this point. In my world things are fantastic. Its right wing morons like yourself that blame Obama for your miserable lives. In fact, you spend all day here whining about it.
that's the problem....I don't NEED a politician to make my life 'UN-miserable'

YOU DO....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123994 Apr 23, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you do as I say and not as I do' economy is on fire!

'IRS Awards Bonuses to 1,100 Who Owe Back Taxes'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/irs-...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123995 Apr 23, 2014
our moral and intellectual superiors...

and let's see Romney's tax returns...

'In 2011, 3.2 percent of federal workers owed back taxes, according to IRS statistics. The Treasury Department, which includes the IRS, had the lowest delinquency rate, at 1.1 percent.'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/irs-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1123996 Apr 23, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know about real men, Mr. Effeminate 2014?
Former sheriff willing to let wife, daughters die on front lines of Bundy ranch

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/...

i know that you need to deflect as much as possible from the fact that right wing nutjobs seem to have lack of testosterone.
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1123997 Apr 23, 2014
TheObama Economy and
For Many Americans,'Temp' Work Becomes Permanent Way of Life

r Americans who can’t find jobs, the booming demand for temp workers has been a path out of unemployment, but now many fear it’s a dead-end route.

With full-time work hard to find, these workers have built temping into a de facto career, minus vacation, sick days or insurance. The assignments might be temporary — a few months here, a year there — but labor economists warn that companies’ growing hunger for a workforce they can switch on and off could do permanent damage to these workers’ career trajectories and retirement plans.

“It seems to be the new norm in the working world,” said Kelly Sibla, 54. The computer systems engineer has been looking for a full-time job for four years now, but the Amherst, Ohio, resident said she has to take whatever she can find.

“I know a lot of people who are doing this temping. It seems to be the way this is going,” she said.

Sibla’s husband, 67, got a buyout offer from his former employer and is now retired, but she has minimal retirement savings in her own name.“When you’re working as a temp you don’t get any of that. Nothing,” she said. The couple is downsizing to a smaller home and trying to sell the one they live in now to reduce expenses.

“There are a lot of perverse incentives for employers to use temps.”

“You don’t get any benefits to speak of, you only get paid for what you work … no sick time, no paid vacation,” said Brian Dupuy, a computer technician in Des Moines who lost his last full-time job five years ago and has been temping since 2011.

Dupuy, 56, said he’s paid hourly, and the rate comes to about 40 percent less than he was earning at his last full-time job.“After a year, they’ll sign you up for a 401(k) but the salary is so low you have trouble making ends meet to begin with,” he said.

Economists say it’s typical for temporary hiring to rise initially as the economy recovers, before businesses are ready to commit to hiring full-time employees. But Susan Houseman, senior economist at Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, said the current pattern doesn’t fit historic norms.

“Right now we’re seeing something interesting,” she said.“We’ve seen it surpass its previous highs, so it looks like there could be a structural shift going on, too. There’s a reason to believe we might see some increase in the use of temporary help in general.”

In March, the temp industry added 28,500 jobs, and about 2.8 million workers are employed currently in temporary or contract positions, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is a little more than 2 percent of the workforce, a peak last reached in April 2000, said Steve Berchem, chief operating officer of the American Staffing Association, an industry trade group.

Berchem cautioned that drawing conclusions from one month or even a few months’ worth of data could be misleading because the BLS frequently revises its data, but he said the shift to companies using more temporary workers is already under way.

“We argued when the recovery began that there would be a structural shift,” he said.“We were hearing that from members who were hearing that from their clients,(that) they were more likely to use temp and contract workers.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/in-plain-sight...

How's that hope and change workin' out for you?

Lapeer, MI

#1123998 Apr 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the problem....I don't NEED a politician to make my life 'UN-miserable'
YOU DO....
Emeem is a teat-sucker and damned proud of it!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1123999 Apr 23, 2014
Thanks Obama

IRS Gives $1 Million in Bonuses to Tax Cheats

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/IRS-bonuses-...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1124000 Apr 23, 2014
Do your part for the environment...

"Earth-day Leader killed, composted girlfriend"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technol...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1124001 Apr 23, 2014
REAL Ignorant people need REAL ignorant people telling them about the 'real-world'

'Pelosi: Republicans Take Food Out of the Mouths of Black People'

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/pelos...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1124002 Apr 23, 2014
CONFIRMED WEATHER MODIFICATION using frequency -- SCALAR weathermod -- dual beams cause instant storms

Breaking from CBS News yesterday

Lapeer, MI

#1124003 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Former sheriff willing to let wife, daughters die on front lines of Bundy ranch
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/...
i know that you need to deflect as much as possible from the fact that right wing nutjobs seem to have lack of testosterone.
Deflect? I would never consider using you as a role model.

Why are you deflecting here? The main topic is government abuse of power and you want to go on a testosterone hunt? Go ask your boyfriend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min I Am No One_ 243,532
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr Big D 201,821
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... Sat Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 4 tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
More from around the web