Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1535664 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1121254 Apr 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being silly here.
no, i made you the straw man.

i learn fast. can we play some more?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1121257 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is a war on common sense..
so now women could be charged for smoking while pregnant. or having one drink or eating a poor diet...or living in a smoke filled house....
idiocy...
marijuana is illegal everywhere in the United States, regardless of gender or pregnancy.....

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1121258 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is a war on common sense..
so now women could be charged for smoking while pregnant. or having one drink or eating a poor diet...or living in a smoke filled house....
idiocy...
The law targets drug addicts-none of your examples where included.

FYI, the moment a woman gives birth to a drug addicted baby the authorities are called.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1121259 Apr 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I've told several friends/neighbors/business acquaintances. to GFY since Obama was elected. I don't have time to waste on racist and or right wing bullsht
It hasn't cost me a nickle__it's cost a couple of those aholes dearly.
Realtime all 99% bagger Mouth. The other 1% is anybody's guess you idiot...

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121260 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when they e fetuses personhood rights,they open the can of worms for child abuse by the "host" mother...
smoking would be illegal as the child is not of age to use ciggarettes...as would be drinking....any amount at all.
Total absurdity fueled by political contributions of the private prison industry.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1121261 Apr 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to think it works for you, so i thought i'd give it a shot. seems to have been successful according to you.
funny how that is not a valid debate form when used against him, but when he does it, it is sound reasoning...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121262 Apr 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i made you the straw man.
i learn fast. can we play some more?
Let me see if I can figure this out

You-Hilary favorable poll

Me-you left out the unfavorable Hilary question

You- but, but Cruz

Me- we are talking about Hilary and leaving out one of her questions. Cruz is a straw man not related

You-some incoherent nonsense

Me- get a life
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121264 Apr 18, 2014
The Renewable Energy Ripoff

Renewable energy is the latest scheme politicians and special interests have devised for extracting money from the public to enrich themselves and their supporters.

The renewable energy mafia consists of opportunistic investors, ideological crackpots (e.g. the Sierra Club), utilities that don’t care how inefficient their generation is as long as they can pass on the cost to the public, global warming scientists, and politicians that count on the renewable-energy mafia for money and support.

All this is possible because renewable energy has a positive image thanks to the people who should be defending the public but are either corrupted or don’t understand what is going on.

The financial scale is immense. In California electricity sales were $35 billion in 2012. The average retail price of electricity in California is around 14 cents per kilowatt-hour. This compares to about 8 cents in states that have not found the renewable energy religion.

The differential gives the California renewable energy mafia about $15 billion a year to reward its friends and supporters. That’s just for the electricity sector.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/ripoff...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121265 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
Watch me report Flake using ten different ip's then watch him go poof.
Brb.
Like, you have any power with Topix

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1121266 Apr 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The law targets drug addicts-none of your examples where included.
FYI, the moment a woman gives birth to a drug addicted baby the authorities are called.
i am talking about the movements to give unborn children personhood status. several states have tried.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121267 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny how that is not a valid debate form when used against him, but when he does it, it is sound reasoning...
Pooh, sonic threw a straw man and now thinks if he screams he meant it to be one than it doesn't count.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121268 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
I noticed Flake didn't report the right winger posting as greys colostomy bag?
Are you saying you are a monitor here and knows what is being reported?

If so, all of Topix needs to be aware of this abuse.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121269 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
Just today alone flake has plagiarized the national enquirer numerous times.
Please ban him.
Hee hee.
If copying a web-site was against TOS, Sonic would have been banned long ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121270 Apr 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I've told several friends/neighbors/business acquaintances. to GFY since Obama was elected. I don't have time to waste on racist and or right wing bullsht
It hasn't cost me a nickle__it's cost a couple of those aholes dearly.
I just don't talk about politics unless I'm with like minded friends, have lots of Republican clients; who throw out a few barbs such as "if he gets re elected, I'm leaving the country" they didn't! but I never bite.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121271 Apr 18, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
The Renewable Energy Ripoff
Renewable energy is the latest scheme politicians and special interests have devised for extracting money from the public to enrich themselves and their supporters.
The renewable energy mafia consists of opportunistic investors, ideological crackpots (e.g. the Sierra Club), utilities that don’t care how inefficient their generation is as long as they can pass on the cost to the public, global warming scientists, and politicians that count on the renewable-energy mafia for money and support.
All this is possible because renewable energy has a positive image thanks to the people who should be defending the public but are either corrupted or don’t understand what is going on.
The financial scale is immense. In California electricity sales were $35 billion in 2012. The average retail price of electricity in California is around 14 cents per kilowatt-hour. This compares to about 8 cents in states that have not found the renewable energy religion.
The differential gives the California renewable energy mafia about $15 billion a year to reward its friends and supporters. That’s just for the electricity sector.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/ripoff...
Oh look; the Beav's here. Hi Gunner.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121272 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am talking about the movements to give unborn children personhood status. several states have tried.
Do you know what I found so strange from the MSM and the progressives today?

Chelsea's pregnancy announcement. They all acted as if it was a baby instead of a clump of cells.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121273 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
I noticed Flake didn't report the right winger posting as greys colostomy bag?
He likes rightwing humor; they're stuck in the anal stage

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1121274 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
Study finds global ocean warming has decelerated 50% over the past 50 years — 2012 paper published in Nature Climate Change
By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotOctober 8, 2013 8:32 AM
Study finds global ocean warming has decelerated 50% over the past 50 years
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/10/stu...
The currently-favored excuse du jour for no statistically-significant global warming over the past 20 years is that the oceans “ate the man-made global warming.” However, a 2012 paper published in Nature Climate Change torpedoes this notion, finding the global oceans started warming at least 135 years ago just after the Little Ice Age, on or before the historic voyage of the HMS Challenger in the 1870&#8242;s. More importantly, the study finds that ocean warming has decelerated 50% over the past 50 years.
If, as claimed, man-made greenhouse gases are causing the oceans to warm, the opposite would have been expected, namely an acceleration of ocean warming over the past 50 years, beginning in the ~1950&#8242;s. The fact that the oceans were warming long before CO2 levels significantly increased, and at a higher rate before 50 years ago, clearly demonstrates ocean warming is a natural recovery from the Little Ice Age, and not due to man-made CO2.
The paper is corroborated by a recent paper finding the oceans have warmed only 0.09C over the past 55 years, a rate of 0.0016C per decade, and a 36% deceleration from the rate of 0.0025 per decade over the past 134 years found by this study.
Further, climate alarmists claim that the “missing heat” is hiding below 1,500 meters deep, but this paper finds the oceans have instead cooled below 1,500 meters over the past 134 years [see third figure below].
In addition, if man-made CO2 was warming the oceans, there should have been an acceleration of steric sea level rise over the past 50 years due to thermal expansion, but no acceleration of sea level rise has been found over the past 203 years.
Related: An additional 60+ links that torpedo the “oceans ate my global warming” theory
New Comparison of Ocean Temperatures Reveals Rise over the Last Century Ocean robots u......al Argo program. Scientists have previously determined that nearly 90 percent of the [alleged, "missing"] excess heat added to Earth’s climate system since the 1960s has been stored in the oceans. The new study, published in the April 1 advance online edition of Nature Climate Change and coauthored by John Gould of the United Kingdom-based National Oceanography Centre and John Gilson of Scripps Oceanography, pushes the ocean warming trend back much earlier.
“The significance of the study is not only that we see a temperature difference that indicates warming on a global scale, but that the magnitude of the temperature change since the 1870s is twice that observed over the past 50 years,” said Roemmich, co-chairman of the International Argo Steering Team.“This implies that the time scale for the warming of the ocean is not just the last 50 years but at least the last 100 years.”
Climate Change Misinformer Of The Year: Marc Morano

Quoting another fossil fuel hired liar from another liar website designed to fool the feeble minded right.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/27/c...

You fricken morons had a fit because Al Gore is not a scientist & then post this crock of sh*t from a political science major.

Formerly Rush Limbaugh's man in D.C.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1121275 Apr 18, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes rightwing humor; they're stuck in the anal stage
That would be GOP Idiot
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121276 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful what you post, lady.
It'd be a shame for you to lose that avatar.
Did you know copy and pasting is against the topix terms of service?
Even unsuccessful ones like you put up.
All it takes is a feedback.
Wanna play the report game?
Watch you and your friends disappear lil lady.
It is? Well then we're all guilty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Would Phart 33,095
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,471
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web