Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405126 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1119141 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
history?
history does not come from a right wing chain email. pretty sure i've proven that a thousand times.
and can you please leave me alone until you can start answering some of your own questions? your level of ignorance is a bit more than i can handle.
Ruby Ridge, Waco.
History proves Democrats will assassinate innocent Americans when they have the power.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119142 Apr 16, 2014
Progressives and 'CRA'....and this one warrants a bookmark...

Chronic Regulation Addiction....

"Understand that there is a theoretical "optimal" amount of legislation. Too little legislation and there's bound to be a lot of crime. Too much legislation and you cripple and choke off your private sector. But leftists don't care about this because to them MORE legislation is ALWAYS better. It makes up for the fact they really don't have good ideas of governance, they have no game plan, and they make for miserable statesmen. I termed this "disease" or phenomenon "Chronic Regulation Addiction" or CRA."

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2014/04...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1119143 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again (comma, moron) dumbass, the CRA created an artificial demand for housing that would never have existed if the CRA didn't exist. Besides, what idiot would loan money to anyone that obviously would not be able to repay the loan.... answer to that question: Democrats.
I also noticed you failed to mention the prime criminals in this matter, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I also noticed you failed to mention that the CRA applied to underwriters, and not to the lending institutions.
You're an idiot (comma, moron) peedupe.
President George W Bush and Allan Greenspan promoted the subprime mortgage market because to them who cares if poor , low-wage earners could afford to buy homes at the inflated prices , the big banks were making billions of dollars in profits on it. "Alan Greenspan, chairman US Federal Reserve 1987-2006
A disciple of libertarian icon Ayn Rand, Greenspan became chairman of the Fed just in time to save the global economy from the 1987 stock market crash from becoming a full-blown disaster. He went on preside over the boom years of the 90s and lead the US economy through the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and was widely referred to as an "oracle" and "the maestro".

But Greenspan's super-low interest rates and consistent opposition to regulation of the multitrillion-dollar derivatives market are now widely blamed for causing the credit crisis. Under Greenspan's tenure the derivatives market went from barely registering to a $500 trillion industry, despite billionaire investor Warren Buffett warning that they were "financial weapons of mass destruction".

His rock-bottom rates encouraged Americans to load up on debt to buy homes, even when they had no savings, no income and no job prospects.

These so-called sub-prime borrowers were the cannon fodder for the biggest boom-bust in US history. The housing collapse brought the global economy to its knees."... The meltdown happened on Bush's watch. While Clinton got the ball rolling with sub-prime lending, Bush failed to bring in much tighter regulation, bar the Sarbanes-Oxley Act brought in after the Enron scandal. And he didn't do a lot to stop the boom in lending to "Ninjas" [no income, no job applicants].

Nouriel Roubini, the economist who earned the nickname Dr Doom for his prediction that the crisis was about to hit, blames Bush. Obama "inherited a mess", Roubini has said. "We're lucky that this Great Recession is not turning into another Great Depression." Financial crisis: 25 people at the heart of the meltdown – where are they now? http://gu.com/p/39h34/tw via @guardian
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1119144 Apr 16, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern Democrat for sure. The KKK of today!
conservative Southern Democrats are extinct. pretty much died off in 1964.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1119145 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Fried Lobesters...
Fried Lobsters is what you get when they claw through the Wind Turbine Cable.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1119146 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
The fact is, what you saw was one woman fighting back in the Democrats' war on women.
i like how you act like the majority of Americans don't think that the GOP is waging a real war on women.

your denial is amusing.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1119147 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the state constitution of Nevada say about the matter?
You do believe in constitutional government, don't you?
It was posted here yesterday by one of your Democrat dupes here. When it was shown that the state constitution of Nevada identifies that land as not belonging to the federal government, I noticed none of you treasonous Democrat frauds referenced it again.
Isn't it ironic how loud you cry when one Nevada rancher illegally grazing his cattle on Federal land is forced off it, but you're silent on Big Oil companies forcing independent American farmers off their land so a foreign TransCanada can build a dirty tarsands Keystone XL pipeline across our country for its own private profit?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1119148 Apr 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want cheap electricy, then keep the pollution from generating it with coal in YOUR back yard.
The idea of solar is not that it is cheap.
Its because it is clean & renewable.
The sun rains down enough energy in the noontime hour than the plant uses in a year.
As I said let's put energy plants whether coal or a solar panel farms in the backyard of who uses it.

Besides you are talking about coal plant pollution that is decades old. You know science has made advances.

But, you are right solar energy is neither cheap or efficient.

Lapeer, MI

#1119149 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of people who voted for Obama were motivated by 3 stupid reasons.
1. He's black.
2. He's ¨cool.¨
3. He's black.
The application of Affirmative Action on a national level is for guilt-ridden Liberal Suckers.

Hear that loud sucking sound?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1119150 Apr 16, 2014
U.S. right wing extremists more deadly than jihadists

In fact, since 9/11 extremists affiliated with a variety of far-right wing ideologies, including white supremacists, anti-abortion extremists and anti-government militants, have killed more people in the United States than have extremists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology. According to a count by the New America Foundation, right wing extremists have killed 34 people in the United States for political reasons since 9/11.(The total includes the latest shootings in Kansas, which are being classified as a hate crime).

By contrast, terrorists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology have killed 21 people in the United States since 9/11.

(Although a variety of left wing militants and environmental extremists have carried out violent attacks for political reasons against property and individuals since 9/11, none have been linked to a lethal attack, according to research by the New America Foundation.)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/opinion/bergen-...

Lapeer, MI

#1119151 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Shin,
My eyes are tired and to the first paragraph I can only say I don't think it is the Christian as much as the Government really needs to seek in funds as much as there is out there and it seems as though Givernment is losing money State funded to what ought to be such as Parks School Programs all of Social Productivity which in turn will or call it send out Productive People...Which in turn transform activity toward more Productivity...
What a Church does for Church is all pretty much Private. Colleges, Camps, sure they provide State funded schools these days with much earned money kept to self?
I have already explained myself about much of it...My Papa gave me what I needed always...by the way...
I don't pray I wish if anything I seldom ask and to the outer Spirit I talk to...Just as if they he it and to me a she figure
Many people have many things to say...
Oh what is doen in serecee what? Where there are more amongst he will also hear...
To what is in an inner place is creative ways to solve resolve and in knowledge it is to grow ...
That is just how it goes to what one wants to do in one's own private space should be watched by GRACE and to what is to Glorify is that what one wishes not be shared ...
So in the great beyond and onward light will be shed and words of regret spoken in an open much favorably so....
And V be with you...
The gist of my post is not about Christian charity or prayer but about the Liberal as a public publicity hog and hypocrite. The Christian part is just incidental because my example of Progressive duplicity happened to be lifted from the Bible.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1119152 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jewish Center Shooter: Conservative, Right-Wing, White Supremacist
Frazier Glenn Miller, also known as Frazier Glenn Cross, is the founder and former leader of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party. The 73-year-old former Missouri Senate candidate was heard shouting “Heil Hitler” as he was arrested.
http://aattp.org/jewish-center-shooter-conser...
He was a big Max Blumenthal fan and made numerous posts about hating Bush.
I am not sure what you are trying to get at here. The guy was crazy.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1119153 Apr 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Biden your next President said at Boston yesterday that "it was all worth it"--what does he mean? letting muzzies bomb and kill Americans. Or is that an O'bama thing?
What a dishonest, low life POS you are.

Biden was clearly talking about the effort put in by the survivors to live through the bombing & working to recover & keep going.

Te idea you said it was about the terrorists shows exactly how ignorant you people are.

GFY.

Lapeer, MI

#1119154 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Libs have difficulty with the ¨republicans want the poor to starve¨ crap they occasionally like to serve up.
Ask them to cite the last American to starve to death because they had no access to food.
Then point out how many 300lb ¨poor¨ people drop dead from overeating, drinking in excess, or smoking $12 worth of cigarettes a day while sitting in front of their 55¨ Samsung.
Recall those two fat-ass black NY mothers who sued McDonald's for making their kids obese.

They lost but the case speaks volumes about black culture in America.

No fathers were involved, of course. They couldn't find any.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1119155 Apr 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Job growth during Bush's administration was the slowest since Herbert Hoover.
Hard to have job growth when everybody is working. Something you lefty's seem to want to forget.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1119156 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The application of Affirmative Action on a national level is for guilt-ridden Liberal Suckers.
Hear that loud sucking sound?
Now the racist POS speaks again how the only way black people could be President is through Affirmative Action.

Is there no end to the depths you racist f*cks will stoop?

Lapeer, MI

#1119157 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Or Y be with you?
Which ever seems more peaceful...
People generally like people respect them and as far as cure in the Branch of there's much to speak about...
Or like Computer Programmers say about Boolean Algebra: Y NOT?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1119158 Apr 16, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> President George W Bush and Allan Greenspan promoted the subprime mortgage market because to them who cares if poor , low-wage earners could afford to buy homes at the inflated prices , the big banks were making billions of dollars in profits on it. "Alan Greenspan, chairman US Federal Reserve 1987-2006
A disciple of libertarian icon Ayn Rand, Greenspan became chairman of the Fed just in time to save the global economy from the 1987 stock market crash from becoming a full-blown disaster. He went on preside over the boom years of the 90s and lead the US economy through the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and was widely referred to as an "oracle" and "the maestro".
But Greenspan's super-low interest rates and consistent opposition to regulation of the multitrillion-dollar derivatives market are now widely blamed for causing the credit crisis. Under Greenspan's tenure the derivatives market went from barely registering to a $500 trillion industry, despite billionaire investor Warren Buffett warning that they were "financial weapons of mass destruction".
His rock-bottom rates encouraged Americans to load up on debt to buy homes, even when they had no savings, no income and no job prospects.
These so-called sub-prime borrowers were the cannon fodder for the biggest boom-bust in US history. The housing collapse brought the global economy to its knees."... The meltdown happened on Bush's watch. While Clinton got the ball rolling with sub-prime lending, Bush failed to bring in much tighter regulation, bar the Sarbanes-Oxley Act brought in after the Enron scandal. And he didn't do a lot to stop the boom in lending to "Ninjas" [no income, no job applicants].
Nouriel Roubini, the economist who earned the nickname Dr Doom for his prediction that the crisis was about to hit, blames Bush. Obama "inherited a mess", Roubini has said. "We're lucky that this Great Recession is not turning into another Great Depression." Financial crisis: 25 people at the heart of the meltdown – where are they now? http://gu.com/p/39h34/tw via @guardian
Note the absence of Barney Frank from that list.

Lapeer, MI

#1119159 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a he to be eaten?
Did they ask him if he wanted something to eat too?
So who where they eating?
Yes they asked him if he wanted a can-a-bull but he said he preferred a can-a-tuna.

Quite often, idiots like nuclar, woodtick and ghost will be forced to eat their own words.

They get a bitter taste in their big mouths. The bigger the mouth, the more bitter.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1119160 Apr 16, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The land proposed for the solar project is twenty miles away from the grazing site in question.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be!
Notice you and Dave have the annoying habit of calling the other person dumb when you post something totally stupid. A bluff?

The BLM stated in a report that the cattle interfered with the solar plant. It was incriminating enough that Saturday morning they attempted to delete it off the BLM site, but everything on the internet is forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min _Susan_ 256,056
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web