Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394446 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1118162 Apr 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
In your twisted world, it's ok to shoort a black kid carrying candy, but it's not ok for the Gov't to step in when a lunatic is sexually and physically abusing a large group of people he is holding as hostages.
You blame the Gov't ,which has a sworn duty to uphold the law.
You're crazier than ever, JasonJay!!
Only when that black "kid" pursues his victim, attacks him, and tries to kill him by bashing his head against a concrete sidewalk. Then, you can blow him to hell.

So, I'm guessing they knew something was wrong when Hoodieman didn't return with the goodies to make some more purple drank, right?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118163 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm operating on the theory that if you write like an illiterate it takes a good deal of the punch out of your arguments.
Traitorous? Who cares about that? My bar for you is set MUCH, much lower... essentially, what use do you serve? What've you ever "won?" What's the point of keeping you alive? You're just dead weight and your performance over the last 5 years clearly demonstrates this.... You see? "Traitor" doesn't even enter into it...
Pffft, both Leo and USA write like illiterates at times.

You cares what your bar is-you suffer from delusions of grandeur? You are a cray-cray
M Stein

New York, NY

#1118164 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, we're not talking about the Bush years here.
Yes, the Bush years are over, especially when it comes to scrutiny.

The media scrutinized everything Bush said or did.
Obama, not.

Why she Quit CBS after a successful 20 year career:

Veteran correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, who quit CBS News citing lack of support for her investigative reporting on Benghazi and other Obama administration scandals, told Fox News Channel’s Howard Kurtz that network news producers need to stand up to pressure from the White House on pursuing certain stories.

“There’s pressure coming to bear on journalists for just doing their jobs in ways that have never come to bear before,” Attkisson said in an extensive interview with Kurtz that aired this morning on his “Media Buzz” show. She added of the White House “campaign”:

It’s designed to have sort of a chilling effect, and to some degree has been somewhat successful in getting broadcast producers who really don’t want to deal with the headache of it [to conclude:]‘Why put on these controversial stories that we’re going to have to fight people on, when we can fill the broadcast with other perfectly decent stories that don’t ruffle the same feathers?’

The result, Attkisson said, is “a narrowing universe of stories that are desired by the broadcasts, and it leaves us sometimes with newscasts that don’t dig very deep.”

This isn’t a problem only at CBS News, nor does it pervade the news ranks there, Attkisson told Kurtz.

“The press in general seems to be pretty shy about challenging this administration, as if it’s making some sort of political statement rather than just doing our job as watchdogs.”

She didn’t run into the same kind of White House pressure and internal network resistance or criticism while covering controversial aspects of President George W. Bush’s two terms,

Attkisson said.”No one [within the network] accused me of being a mouthpiece for the liberals at that time.”

The Obama White House deploys an effective strategy of moving to “controversialize” aggressive reporters by complaining about “perfectly factual, legitimate” stories such as the administration’s response to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi rather than directly address the facts. She added:

I think it borders on inappropriate if it’s sort of a campaign to stop and influence and manipulate the reporting. Rather than providing the public information — the information that we own — it’s just a lot of obfuscation, accusations, saying things are phony scandals, bogus, not real, giving misinformation and false information.”

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/04/13/watch-sha...
M Stein

New York, NY

#1118165 Apr 14, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you'd prefer the race pimp, Sharpton...
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/file...
...as our next president?
Great--from President Choomer to President Coke Dealer
YTubeProphecies

Marietta, GA

#1118166 Apr 14, 2014

*EXACT Meaning of 1st BLOOD Moon -----

http://youtu.be/FW8MNerYOtk

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1118167 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No way. As a moderate Homer will be happy with Hillary as our next president.
If you were in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Mao Tse Dong, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, William Ayers, Barack Obama, Anita Dunn, David Axlerod, and Vallerie Jarrett, you still wouldn't be the most moderate person in the room.
You are delusional. Sometimes, I catch myself almost thinking you actually believe the bullshit you post here.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1118168 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You cares what your bar is-you suffer from delusions of grandeur? You are a cray-cray
Jason-Jay calls someone else cray-cray??? What a maroon!

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1118169 Apr 14, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But of course!!!! How else could it possibly be fair?
Salon sucks donkey dong.
Didn't they start out trying to be a legit news source and then quickly spiral down to being just this side of 'The Onion'?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1118170 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no offense taken... I'm forced by time and circumstances to paint with a broad brush so you've got to expect to get a little on you as it goes by...
Yes, but unless one choses to wear it, it all washes off.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1118171 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's daunting, no doubt. But as long as we stick together we can just bury ourselves under some blankets for a while and see if everything looks as dark when we come out? I worry about you... you're like the younger wife I never had... I love you, sweetie, I always will...
"G'head, Roy, g'head." (Geraldo)...

Those stirring up shyt, inciting to riot are just as bad as those who are throwing the chairs. All conflict can be solved with words, not violence.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1118172 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-read the last sentence of my post-" Same agencies involved; same crap"
The two are connected.
LOL, what did this Jason do to you? He must have pulverized you because you have remained so bitter for so long.
Not only the same agency, the same BATF agent in charge, Larry Potts. After he tried to assassinate the Randy Weaver family in Idaho, they moved him to Texas so he could invent fraudulent evidence there, too, and mount another illegal assault.
Then, Bill Clinton nominates that mass murderer to be the number two man in the FBI, in charge of the domestic agenda.
That's what the Democrats have planned for us.
Jesus Christ

Los Angeles, CA

#1118173 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.. no.. nope... no they don't, although we've all posted some scary English from time to time... but yours is different, yours is a result of synapses obviously not firing...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118174 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Mao Tse Dong, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, William Ayers, Barack Obama, Anita Dunn, David Axlerod, and Vallerie Jarrett, you still wouldn't be the most moderate person in the room.
You are delusional. Sometimes, I catch myself almost thinking you actually believe the bullshit you post here.
As a moderate I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1118175 Apr 14, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Jason-Jay calls someone else cray-cray??? What a maroon!
Oh my, aren't you just the clever one.

Anyone who thinks he is Jesus is cray-cray. End of debate.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118176 Apr 14, 2014
Can anyone imagine a world where DBWriter is actually right about something?
Jesus Christ

Los Angeles, CA

#1118177 Apr 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but unless one choses to wear it, it all washes off.
Well... that's true, but very few of you guys have the skills to wash it all off... that's why I do it, of course... There just isn't time to address each of you individually... might I suggest you elect a representative to speak for the bulk of you and I'll do the same and then they can get together and make deals that're not perfect, but pretty good for most of us...
Jesus Christ

Los Angeles, CA

#1118178 Apr 14, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"G'head, Roy, g'head." (Geraldo)...

Those stirring up shyt, inciting to riot are just as bad as those who are throwing the chairs. All conflict can be solved with words, not violence.
Um... no... nope... I don't think that's true if history is any judge...(Jefferson)

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1118179 Apr 14, 2014
HuffPo: Eric Holder Says He Wasn't Playing Race Card When Decrying GOP Opposition.
Jesus Christ

Los Angeles, CA

#1118180 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, I catch myself almost thinking
Yes... I see that...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1118181 Apr 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The fees would remain local instead of going to that money pit in Wash. DC.
"Teaman"
"woodendick000" the staunch conservative he "claims" to be, wants the money to go to DC to be pissed away. His mantra take from doers and give to those with their hands out.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Yes We Are 9,780
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 255,484
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 16 ThomasA 311,316
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web