Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683466 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1117858 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this has came into the spot light it could get interesting.
But as much as the progressives want to grumble about it this will return the courts and be battled there.
Would you be referring to the same courts that ruled the 5th Amendment gives you the right to burn the American flag in public, but does not give you the right to wear it? Or, the courts thar ruled the federal government can seize a legally grown agricultural product because it may interfere with existing illegal interstate commerce? Or, the same courts that ruled the corporations (and not the individuals owning the corporations) are equal to the individual? Or the same courts that ruled the people who wrote legislation didn't know the definitions of the words they were using (I.e. "penalty")?
I could list insane rulings by corrupt courts for days here. That gives me no solace. They can arrange for some corrupt judge to ignore the Constitution and rule any way they want. That's a huge problem we have here in this country, and it seems to be getting very much worse lately.
Somehow, we have to make the courts apply and enforce the Constitution.
I wonder what that will take.

As for this issue, the first evidence submitted by the federal government should be:
The date the government paid "just compensation";
The amount the government paid; and
To whom the government paid.

When these facts are submitted, then it will be proven to the American people that the federal government actually owns the land.
Then, we can get to the issue of Clark County paying a lease for the land, and the federal government continuing to collect a tax on the use of the land it already "leased" to Clark County.
If the federal government doesn't even own the land, then we can investigate the federal government extorting Clark County.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1117859 Apr 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, the fee for authorized grazing is a $1.35 per animal unit per month. Which Mr. Bundy could have willingly paid. The grazing fee is $4.78 per animal unit per month for unauthorized use plus a $15 per animal unit penalty fee. Just think of all the money Bundy could have saved if he hadn't been such an azzhole.
Well, it's clear he did the economic calculations and determined it was more cost effective to simple steal from Americans....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1117860 Apr 14, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such an azzwhole, you'd be upset about how Obama & Democrats lie to the American people about Obamacare.
"Obamacare's Broken Promises Pile Up"
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2013/10/09/o...
This documents your lies, azzwhole:
"10 things Obamacare supporters say that arenít entirely true"
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
Government class moron.
Welcome, my retarded chimp to another session of whine, bitch, lie and cry. We shall repeat again tomorrow. Now run and watch Fox and count the seconds before they mention OBAMACARE.... IDIOT. lOSER.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1117861 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple formula for a simpleton like you
No CRA...No Directing Fannie/Freddie to purchase sub prime loans...NO Meltdown
lol! That's the reich wing thinking that has no basis in fact son.

It's easy for you because it requires nothing on your part!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1117862 Apr 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Typical defense argument of blame the rape victim... deflect from the case.
according to you and your wife Joan, some how some way it will be the Jews fault for the ranch property being sold to the Chicoms. If Joan wasn't wearing those Stetchy Pants that she thinks are 'Haute Couture' you wouldn't have all your problems.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1117863 Apr 14, 2014
EU Agrees to Send More Money to Ukraine as Putin Claims East Ukraine is Asking Him for Help

"The European Unionís Foreign Affairs Council has approved a mid-term loan of $1.38 billion and an additional $848 million in micro-financial aid for Ukraine, while the U.S. signed an agreement with the Ukrainian government on providing another $1 billion.

This means Kyiv is about to receive $3.23 billion."

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/west-...

Personally I think this should have happened sooner rather than letting Russia use Ukraine's economy as a wedge issue. But, glad to see the EU has finally stepped up to the plate.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1117864 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
Very obviously, the government was lying again when it stated the action was for the protection of some turtle. The government will allow cattle to kill the turtle is the tax the government imposed on that land is paid. So, it's very obvious the government was lying about this being to protect that turtle.
When was the last time anyone heard anything even resembling the truth come from this administration?
When the Little Boy In The Big Pants said "Those shovel-ready jobs we were talking about were not exactly shovel-ready"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1117865 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
BLM is only managing the land for the state.
Bundy wants to pay the state not the BLM.
Sounds simple enough. If the BLM wants their cut for managing the land, bill the state not Bundy.
LOL! You see son? Things need to be simple for you.

So facts and reality don't enter the equation!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1117866 Apr 14, 2014
flack wrote:
The foundation of national morality must be laid in private families.... How is it possible that Children can have any just Sense of the sacred Obligations of Morality or Religion if, from their earliest Infancy, they learn their Mothers live in habitual Infidelity to their fathers, and their fathers in as constant Infidelity to their Mothers?
-= Diary, June 2, 1778 =- John Adams
Sounds like a true confession on your part.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1117867 Apr 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it's clear he did the economic calculations and determined it was more cost effective to simple steal from Americans....
So in your small world you will be out kicking all those illegal terrorists off the Hawai'i property for growing weed on public property, is that correct? they are killing Americans with their drug dealing, aren't you up in arms and willing to round them up? how about the muzzies with their stream of heroin? are you going after them too? or just a few cattle is your main problem today?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1117868 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, but this is different from your comment yesterday stating you "almost' wish the FEDs would shoot them.
That's not what I said. I said that there was a part of me that wished authorities would follow the lead of H.W. Bush at Ruby Ridge. IMO, confronting the growing militia movement and the "boastful show-off" Bundy with brute force would have been justified. And, yes, even deadly force if necessary in self-defense.

I do not agree with the BLM's retreat but I do understand their decision was necessary to avoid another Ruby Ridge. It's not over.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1117869 Apr 14, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
Racist attack
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.ó A longtime white supremacist from rural Missouri was arrested Sunday and held on a charge of premeditated first-degree murder in connection with a shooting spree in Kansas that killed three people at a Jewish community center and a Jewish retirement home.
Frazier Glenn Cross, 73 ó known in Aurora, Mo., as Frazier Glenn Miller ó was arrested at 1:28 p.m. and was booked into the Johnson County, Kan., jail in Olathe at 8:48 p.m. CT, according to the booking report.
Before being driven off to jail, Miller began ranting while in police custody, police said. A TV news video shows the suspect yelling what appears to be "Heil Hitler!" from the backseat of a police car.
The shootings at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City, in Overland Park, Kan., and at Village Shalom, a retirement home nearby, occurred on the eve of Passover, a holiday significant in Judaism.
Among the dead were Reat Griffin Underwood, 14, who had come to the community center to try out for a singing competition, and his grandfather, 69-year-old William Lewis Corporon. Both were white Christians, according to family. The identity of the third victim, a female shot at the retirement home, still was not released early Monday. Two other people were shot at but escaped injury.
Four Trayvon Hoodies entered a Detroit Party Store last week and murdered the white store owner in cols blood. Last month, another Trayvon Hoodie did the same in a northern suburban Party Store.

But the Liberal Media and idiots like you want to cherry-pick until your racist senses explode in a shameless orgy.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1117870 Apr 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>according to you and your wife Joan, some how some way it will be the Jews fault for the ranch property being sold to the Chicoms. If Joan wasn't wearing those Stetchy Pants that she thinks are 'Haute Couture' you wouldn't have all your problems.
Really? I'll blame the jews?

Do they deserve it, son?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1117871 Apr 14, 2014
Experts are now coming out and say insurance premiums are now going up due to Obamacare more than --> any time in history ! <--

Great going DumboCraps!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1117872 Apr 14, 2014
lol! Roxlo is getting really deranged. Watch the switch to a different topic now that the idiocy and lies are catching up!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1117873 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the Conservation have money to pay for anything as they are claiming to be too poor to pay for the turtles that already in their care.
http://linkis.com/www.rawstory.com/rs/XROjg
A lot has happened since 1998. That story is a sad commentary on the state of the economy due to the Bush administration and an uncompromising Congress.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1117874 Apr 14, 2014
More Glow Bull Warming coming. Snow....

OMG - Where's DumbDave?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1117875 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that Clark County Sheriff and Bundy worked out an agreement Friday
"Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy behind the scenes for months reached a tentative agreement Friday night, though Bundy insisted the sheriff come to his ranch to finalize the arrangement face-to-face.
The two men meet Saturday to discuss the agreement prior to a public announcement."
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25230368/major-...
Do you realize that there is no settlement with the BLM? The case will run its course in court.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1117876 Apr 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a play on Jessie Jackson's words. He's a democrat, right?
Then he's an idiot too
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1117877 Apr 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol! Roxlo is getting really deranged. Watch the switch to a different topic now that the idiocy and lies are catching up!
I don't know, I think we ought to chip and send her down there to talk to the Bundys since she knows everything and all... just sayin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Bruddah Z 326,418
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jan 16 hojo 12,044
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web