Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1600076 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#1116814 Apr 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. government bought the land from Mexico. The U.S. government owns it.
I don't remember the baggers rallying around the occupy cause?
They were more than happy when the cops started busting their heads and pushed them off public property.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116815 Apr 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bundy, himself, said that those cattle being taken off public land were worth approximately $1 million. That's not chicken feed.
Well, the government owns them now.

But he's a nice example for others!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116816 Apr 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the land is worthless except for grazing....
Then don't worry about it....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1116817 Apr 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
They were more than happy when the cops started busting their heads and pushed them off public property.
no one rallied around them as they had no cause other than asking for other people's money...

they would have done better if they had gone door to door through affluent neighborhoods asking fro handouts...
already, kids these days are saying "occupy what?"..

but some serious drum circles, man...real nice drum circles...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1116818 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>600,000 acres of federal land. The teabag lemmings are merely parroting the FOX line.
Cliven Bundy owes the government "at least" $1,000,000,000 is grazing fees going back some 20 years. He's a nutbag.
Next thing you know, he'll be running for President!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116819 Apr 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are standing down because Bundy has agreed to meet with them and they don't want to be forced into a fight with the armed militia groups that have decided to turn this into a confrontation.
I'd tell him 'too late.'

Then again, if he's willing to foot the entire bill from the initial court ruling, I'd be willing to listen.

St. Croix valley

#1116820 Apr 12, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the government owns them now.
still think they should seize what they nede to cover all costs..

i hate paying for thieves and cheats...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1116821 Apr 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah, they were grazing and shtng__same as cattle do__scarooin too.

Did you read Catch 22? By Joseph Heller?? The satirical novelist???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116822 Apr 12, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are having problems confusing RoxLo for RoxHo
You're just confused son.

And for some reason, you like staying that wy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1116823 Apr 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere that the grazing fees pay only about 1/6th of the cost of managing the land. I read a letter from Bundy's daughter, Shiree Bundy Cox, in which she stated that her father paid his grazing fees "for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these monies against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM and tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down."
So, you see, this is all about Bundy's hatred of the BLM. Nothing more.
She said "for a penance"? bwaaahaaaaa!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1116824 Apr 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Officer Pike?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1116825 Apr 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no one rallied around them as they had no cause other than asking for other people's money...
they would have done better if they had gone door to door through affluent neighborhoods asking fro handouts...
already, kids these days are saying "occupy what?"..
but some serious drum circles, man...real nice drum circles...
So you're another idiot that thinks the laws should waiver based on your opinion?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1116826 Apr 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, that might be somewhat different in Nevada considering it was federally acquired land in the first place, but federal intrusion into state affairs is right up there in tea party circles.
T.E.A.!
T.E.A.!
T.E.A.!
CHRISTIE/Ryan/Paul/Uncle Joe et al 2016!

REAL,(hard) WORKING class leadership FOR the (hard) WORKING, HONEST wage earning class, not divided, DRAIN and Whine and THIEVE against it!!!

Because low life, crooked, greedy palms always begging for greasin', perpetual givverment teet riding Scum, have ALREADY DRAINED every one else DRY (for like quite a few years now!!!)

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1116827 Apr 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why did you think that? idiots have made the claim that that is what this is about but no facts show this to be a potential gas or oil site...
but then when do facts aver ge in the way of a good conspiracy , huh?
look, bigfoot!
I asked a simple question. Obviously, I hadn't researched the answer....but when do facts ever get in the way of a smart ass response?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116828 Apr 12, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Catch-22 A very good book. A little hard to read if you don't read a lot but well worth it if you can get through it. I read it when I was younger and my eyes could still handle several hours of reading at a time..
And if you catch on to the sarcasm, even better!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1116829 Apr 12, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She said "for a penance"? bwaaahaaaaa!
Two Hail Mary's and an Our Father....
dem

Chicago, IL

#1116830 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, they were grazing and shtng__same as cattle do__scarooin too.
Did you read Catch 22? By Joseph Heller?? The satirical novelist???
I Just enjoy watching the baggers opinions change depending on the players involved.
Wealthy rancher = good stealing.
And of course whatever that fat fk Limbaugh tells them to feel.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1116831 Apr 12, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the government owns them now.
These thugs are already claiming that Bundy won the "Range War". That is exactly what we can expect when the government acts rationally. I'm disgusted by the BLM's backtracking. It's never a good idea to give into revolutionaries.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1116832 Apr 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're another idiot that thinks the laws should waiver based on your opinion?
I'm writing and complaining to muh congress people dammit!
(SHAME on SLACKERS!)

St. Croix valley

#1116833 Apr 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
not at all.

what does that have to do with anything here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 25 min Facts or fiction 11,549
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 34 min Trojan 34,172
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 317,440
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Aug 28 FindPhartss 23
More from around the web