Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383658 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116274 Apr 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing the subject is a good idea. There are plenty of Topix forums on religion. We don't need another one.
suppression of religious expression by the Obama mob is a relevant political topic.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116275 Apr 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you notice you were the only one to take the bait? if only the rest of these cretins were as clueless as you are.
When Rush Limbaugh took to the airwaves to deliver a fact-free defense of the Lord's Resistance Army, he left numerous angry listeners with the impression that President Obama had sent troops to "kill Christians in Africa."
Last week, Obama ordered 100 U.S. troops to Africa to help combat the LRA, a violent cult that has engaged in murder, torture, and rape and has kidnapped children and impressed them into military service.
On Friday, Limbaugh added his own spin to a straight-forward ABC News report on the matter. Limbaugh declared, "Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians." According to Limbaugh, "Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them." Limbaugh added, "So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda.... Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out."
Several minutes after Limbaugh's rant began, conservatives on Twitter began to echo his claims.
Some Limbaugh listeners even appear to have contacted Congress to protest Obama's supposed assault on African Christianity. A congressional staffer, who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the record, told Media Matters that his office received an email and a phone call from constituents who "claimed that it was an attack on Christians and said Obama was supporting [an] Islamic regime."
Conservative blogger Melissa Clouthier tweeted about the LRA story during Limbaugh's Friday broadcast, asking, "Do I understand this correctly? President Obama is sending US troops to fight Christians in Africa?" When other conservatives -- including CNN's Erick Erickson -- corrected her, Clouthier explained that she had "heard an out of context snippet on the radio about troops in Africa." Today, Clouthier confirmed that she had, in fact, learned about the LRA story from Limbaugh's show.
On Sunday night, an exasperated Erickson wrote that he'd received "lots of emails" defending the LRA.
"The President Is Not Going to Africa To Kill Christians," wrote Erickson. He added: "In the past 72 hours, I have gotten lots of emails from lots of people who should know better asking me if I've heard about Barack Obama sending American troops to Africa to go after the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). The people hearing the name assume it is a Christian group fighting radical Islamists in the Sudan or some such. It is no such thing."
None of this seems to bother Limbaugh. Despite promising on Friday to do "our due diligence research" into the allegations against the LRA, he didn't even mention the story on today's show.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/10/17/limba...
BAAAA! BAAAA! BAAAAAAA!!
you right wing sheeple are a real hoot.
and have you folks read the Bible? it's full of violence. God had a way of smiting those who wouldn't keep faith with the Cult. he was a very righteous dood.
Galt cares about the US government murdering innocent Americans.......

Galt cares little about what African governments do to their own citizens, as long as US taxpayer dollars are not used to fund either side and as long as US forces are not involved....

so, did you have a point to make, FoxNews boy???...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1116276 Apr 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you "are" a street sweeper by your own admission. Or was that a lie. Yes you told us that you were king of the landscrapers before taking on the daunting task of street sweeping.
I have quite a bit of self worth. Enough to know that either landscraping or street sweeping is far below me. But again it appears to be your apex. I'm sure you are just beaming with pride. LOL
The voices in your head will still think your the king though. hahahaha
another lie about me? really?

i never stated i was king of the landscapers...

why do you have to openly and knowingly lie so much?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116277 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you think whe isn't building her campaign war chest, or at the very least testing the waters to see how many are willing to add to that war chest, you are out of touch with reality..
oh yes, we already proved that, didn't we?
Galt believes that Hillary is testing the waters, but that doesn't mean that she will run......

when everyone in the media seems to think she is a candidate and the overwhelming favorite, what is the point of being evasive about what is clearly her last chance???...

at the very least, she needs to maintain the illusion of candidacy to raise the big bucks....

and then there is the problem of what happens if Obama supports someone else......
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#1116278 Apr 11, 2014
Liberalism is inherently hypocritical and dishonest. Liberalism doesn’t hold itself to the same rules and standards it attempts to force upon anyone who opposes it. Its greatest and most obvious transgression is pointing out the intolerance of others when it tolerates nothing but itself. And anything and everything which opposes, refutes, disproves or exposes it is labeled “intolerant!”

Keep celebrating all the lies and failures leftists!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1116279 Apr 11, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>What got accomplished in the four straight years of the Democrats as a majority?
More ideas that sound good on paper but are not possible to implement, like ObammyCare.
Zero done on immigration.
More unrest in the world.
A non-recovery recovery.
Millions who stopped looking for the jobs that were not created, despite the stimulous and despite Obammy's shovel ready job promise.
Zero accomplished by Zero.
Oh, and the oceans did not rise up and heal either.
Wrong. Do a little research. The democrats had a filibuster proof Senate for only 72 days during Obama's first term. Ted Kennedy's and Senator Byrd's health issues, the contested Minnesota seat all gave Republicans room to filibuster...and they did.

Recall the 2010 DREAM Act, that would have granted legal status and eventual citizenship to undocumented immigrants who were brought to the country as children? It failed because of a Republican filibuster.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116280 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because being an expert in a field in no way means you know how to teach that to others...
if you had an education, you would know this..
Galt disagrees.....college professors generally have no education courses......

the requirement to take education courses is just a barrier to entry to the competent to maintain jobs for the incompetent....

and to prop up third-rate teacher colleges that keep churning out four graduates for each job opening....

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1116281 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how many posts have you wasted pointing out how ignorant you are?
so still nothing at all about your lying...
wow...you are one totally useless human.
I have grown very bored of you and your idiocy.

St. Croix valley

#1116282 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that Hillary is testing the waters, but that doesn't mean that she will run......
when everyone in the media seems to think she is a candidate and the overwhelming favorite, what is the point of being evasive about what is clearly her last chance???...
at the very least, she needs to maintain the illusion of candidacy to raise the big bucks....
and then there is the problem of what happens if Obama supports someone else......
you clearly don't understand our election system...there are many downfalls to announcing early and few in waiting..

St. Croix valley

#1116283 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
suppression of religious expression by the Obama mob is a relevant political topic.....
but that has never happened.

one more lie from galt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116284 Apr 11, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt is delusional, Hillary is running and at the moment pretty much a lock to win.
and when Hillary has another stroke, what you got, Homeboy???...

St. Croix valley

#1116285 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have grown very bored of you and your idiocy.
what makes you think i care?

how many posts have you made today that were absolutely incorrect? did you admit to even one of them?

this is fun!

post some more stupid shit....
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1116286 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>another lie about me? really?
i never stated i was king of the landscapers...
why do you have to openly and knowingly lie so much?
But more to the point is that you are by your own admission a "Street Sweeper" currently. LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116287 Apr 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Issa threatening Lerner? Issa threatening Sebelius? Issa threatening Eric Holder? That type of "high government official"?
the tone of Holder's comment was a physical threat, not one of politics or judicial proceedings....

when someone says "don't go there, buddy", the threat is clear.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1116288 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
only perhaps with respect to the stock market, and that balloon is on life support......
Not even close. It was on life support when Bush left office. There is plenty of room for downward movement without even coming close to Bush's dismal 7,949 when he left office.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1116289 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Nasdaq closes below 4,000 first time since Feb. 3
And just think, it was 1440 when Bush left office. What are you people complaining about?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1116290 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and when Hillary has another stroke, what you got, Homeboy???...
Yet another Reptard who believe Hillary had a stroke. What is it with you people? Can't you ever get your facts straight?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1116291 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the tone of Holder's comment was a physical threat, not one of politics or judicial proceedings....
when someone says "don't go there, buddy", the threat is clear.....
Bull. It was not a physical threat. LIAR

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1116292 Apr 11, 2014
Independent majority,

You asked me why there is no stories about bounds. So....

30-year long bond yield fell to its lowest point since last July, down 3 basis points at 3.4%.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/30-year-trea...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116293 Apr 11, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
How come only 19%
I thought he supported everyone paying at least 35 -40% to be fair.
Obama's taxes indicate that he used lots of loopholes to reduce his AGI of $503K to a taxable income of $370K.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,310
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA 8 hr predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
More from around the web