Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1547961 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115961 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be happy. Now when your daughters baby daddy gets out of prison you won't have to support her anymore. Instead you can support them both.
dumb dem
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115963 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Well played.
dumb dem
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115965 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but I ain't a stupid hillbilly Kkkhunt.
dumb dem
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1115966 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a big tub of popcorn ready for the campaign. Going to be funny watching the screaming misogynist who hurled every loathsome sexist comment at Palin they could think of crying about how it is sexist to disagree with Hilary.
Who is going to be the Republican sacrificial lamb? Anyone from the hard right faction will be crushed.

Although if the Republican/Tea baggers stand on principle for once they will run someone from the far right.

They won't.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1115967 Apr 11, 2014
Homer wrote:
I think Michelle Obama will be a strong candidate to succeed Hillary after her two terms.
Maybe an all female ticket?
Any thoughts?
I feel like we are moving into a new age of enlightenment.
If the rightwingers/teabaggers don't hold us back a perceive a golden age for this great nation in the upcoming years.
"Rightwing teabaggers, the albatross around the neck of progress." - Homer
pretty sure Michelle hates the washington crowd quite intensely...

your chances of seeing her run for anything is as close to zero as you get.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1115968 Apr 11, 2014
Darrell Issa Started His IRS Investigation Because Karl Rove Was Denied Tax Exempt Status

Based on documents that were also released on Wednesday, and obtained by Pro Publica, the more likely motive for Issa’s obsession was a desire to intimidate the IRS into granting Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS tax exempt status. Crossroads was, by far, the Republican Party’s biggest source of dark money, giving $90 million to Republican candidates during the 2010 and 2012 elections.

This nexus between the IRS’s intent to deny Crossroads application for tax exemption status and the IRS “scandal” will come as no surprise to PoliticusUSA readers because Sarah Jones wrote about it back in May 2013. In fact, she identified the nexus between the “investigation” and Crossroads in her May 22nd article on the subject.

By May 28th, Sarah identified the financial interest Republicans had in derailing existing audits of Tea Party groups based on their violations of the rules by engaging in political activities.

Now we have documents to prove that Sarah was correct on both points.

In the application, Crossroads claimed that a small portion (30%) of its resources would be used for “Activity To Influence Legislation and Policy Making” while 20% would be allocated to “research” and 50% of its finances would be used for “education”.

In fact, Crossroads spent $90 million to elect conservative politicians, raising red flags to election watchdog groups. The IRS received 25 referrals or complaints about Crossroads activities.

By January 2013, the IRS was in the process of writing a letter of denial to Crossroads. Between May 13th and May 17th 2013, the IRS finished a draft of the letter and it was sent for review. Republicans began screaming IRS “scandal” on May 13th, 2013.

The documents also show that the IRS planned to deny the applications of 5 other conservative groups that had spent money on elections, after telling the IRS they wouldn’t do so.

Republicans claim that the IRS focused exclusively on conservative groups which only tells part of the story. Most new Liberal counterparts don’t apply to the IRS. In fact, the documents show that the most prominent liberal dark money group, Priorities USA did not apply to the IRS.

In other words, the IRS investigated conservative dark money groups who broke the rules because they broke the rules and because few Liberal dark money groups applied to the IRS. It stands to reason that means conservative groups are therefore more likely to be scrutinized.

This wasn’t about going after conservative groups because they were conservative. Rather, it was about Issa and company trying to intimidate the IRS into breaking the very laws it is supposed to enforce for the benefit of right wing dark money groups.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/11/docume...
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115969 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pussscccee!
dumb dem
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1115970 Apr 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Leading Conservative Has Sobering News For The GOP On Benghazi:‘This Thing Is Done’
A leading conservative pundit on Wednesday urged Republicans to end their Benghazi crusade, saying that “the country is now tired of it.”
“Politically speaking the administration has won,” Charles Krauthammer said on Fox News.“They ran out the clock. If we had a select committee from the beginning, really had coherent hearings unlike we’ve had which were disjointed hearings that let all things sort of slip away, we really would have been somewhere. We would have gotten to the bottom of this.”(Numerous executive and legislative branch hearings and investigations, as well as countless media reports, have already “gotten to the bottom” of Benghazi.)
Most of the House Republican caucus — and a group of GOP senators led by Lindsey Graham (SC)— have been calling for the select committee to investigate the Obama administration’s response to the Benghazi attacks, but have been continually rebuffed by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), who has said the the four committees tasked with the investigation are handling it properly.
Indeed, the Republicans and their media allies have been investigating Benghazi for over a year and haven’t turned up any smoking gun to hang around the Obama administration. And because of that, leading House Democrats are asking their GOP colleagues to stand down on Benghazi and focus on more pressing issues.
“As a political fact, this thing is done,” Krauthammer said,“Unfortunately you only have a certain amount of time, a certain amount of attention, and the clock has run out on Benghazi.” He continued:
I’m as outraged as everybody about this. I just think that as a political issue the country is now tired of it, and to rev it up with a special committee is not going to work. I wish it had happened, and I do think the Republicans in the hearings that they had, which were completely disorganized, let this thing slip away. Sometimes you blow it.
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/04/10/342...
FOX says: but our outrage ratings!!
if it wasn't for FOX the non-scandal would've never become fodder for right wing nutjob blogs. but who knew that GOP congressman read right wing nutjob blogs?
You mean they can't beat this dead horse into the ground anymore? Shirley you jest? This is Fox News/Republicans, the most stubborn people on the planet.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1115972 Apr 11, 2014
"In the face of overwhelming truth somehow Fox News survives." - Homer

That's a testament to their viewers and their inability to think for themselves.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1115973 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>f you beat your slave to death, can you force the surviving spouse to remarry, as per this cult teaching?
ain't religion grand?!
Yes, you love religion. That's your cultists religion of liberal moron church. You are more fanatical that a born again for sure!

BY the way, why is your Politix account suspended, liberal lying cult member?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1115974 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sir. I have been defending her against these violently retarded baggers all morning. Lol
Sorry, but even democrats aren't stupid enough to run a candidate who will be either dead or a vegetable in a few years.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1115975 Apr 11, 2014
Seems anger and frustration is building up on the left. Guess it's understandable even if they supported the wrong side and must know now it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. But it has to be a crushing blow when hope and change gradually crumbles into incompetency and deception. But many who also fell for the hope and change have simply accepted they were wrong and angry about having been duped.

Hopefully, some on here will redirect their anger and frustration too eventually.

Sure hope so. For the sake of the country. Better to be a moderate Democrat than a progressive liberal loon any day.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1115976 Apr 11, 2014
LOS ANGELES (AP)— Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies mistakenly shot to death a hostage who was fleeing from a knife-wielding attacker at a West Hollywood apartment, authorities announced Thursday.

John Winkler, 30, an aspiring television producer, died at a hospital following Monday night's confrontation.

"Taking the life of an innocent person is a police officer's greatest nightmare," Interim Sheriff John Scott said at a news conference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/11/poli...

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1115979 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Part way through her speech Sebelius stops and says she is missing a page.
The WH only gives outgoing female cabinet members 77% of their speeches.
Eman I'm going to have to tell your therapist you're still posting dumb shit if you keep this up.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1115980 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>f you beat your slave to death, can you force the surviving spouse to remarry, as per this cult teaching?
ain't religion grand?!
Are you sure you're reading the Bible and not the Quran?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1115981 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty sure Michelle hates the washington crowd quite intensely...
your chances of seeing her run for anything is as close to zero as you get.
...and you are about as close to a zero as you can get!

Is that you in that photo or is it your "partner"?

ROTFLMAO!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1115982 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
While slavery is mentioned in the Bible and how slaves were to conduct themselves (Christians and Jews were also slaves), there is no condoning of such.
There is no condoning of beating women. Jesus told men to love their wives even as Christ loved his church.
Jesus went against the Jewish leaders (one time calling them "whitewashed hypocrites") and often condemned the old Jewish laws by saying "it is written...but I tell you now..." and then taught love, compassion, forgiveness, etc.
He was considered a trouble maker and a threat to both the Jewish leaders and the Roman Empire for doing so. Much like how Christians are perceived today. But Jesus said we would be hated because they hated him first.
Gibberish!!!

Still carrying that chip around eh babe???

BTW the Apostle Paul founded Christianity___Jesus was long gone by then and Paul died in AD 68.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1115983 Apr 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
This moron still can't comprehend what he reads! It's no wonder Obama was elected twice!
<quoted text>
OK, I guess I have to talk slower.

You claimed that we should not listen to Al Gore because he is not a scientist.

This says that people who are not scientists can't teach science.

So I asked if your elementary school teacher had a PhD in Mathematics when they taught you addition & subtraction.

It is not that complicated. Well for most people.
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115984 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Palin is a dumb Kkkhunt and Hillary is brilliant. You'll see your peers like galt and gunner show how much they hate women though. That's for sure. All male tea baggers are threatened by a woman with power.
dumb dem
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1115986 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna gear up for it by making stupid fk predictions that I will shove up your fat azz again?
dumb dem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min doG mnaDed lyoH r... 314,654
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr They phartzs 33,180
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May 29 Into The Night 258,476
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web