Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276637 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1113621 Apr 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate deniers...the new disgraced birthers.
Will I have to wear a scarlet D on my jacket?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1113622 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about dead service men by war....and Democrats don't to exclude themselves or their leadership because you don't approve...
LBJ had a 57 percent approval rating in 1966 and a 40 percent approval rating in Nov 1967....that's from Gallup...
and I have criticized Bush on here....he's to Liberal for me....
Oh please. you threw out Vietnam as a counter to someone commenting on Bush & Iraq.

Find all of these liberals who would defend LBJ. Where are they?

This ploy you right whiners use of denying your support for Bush ain't working.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1113623 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not...realdave....
being able to read is the basis for all science....
No reading ability no science....
"For just as there can be no houses without roofs or windows, there can be no science without reading, talking and writing."
Osborne, J.(2002).'Science Without Literacy: a ship without a sail?'. Cambridge Journal of Education, Vol. 32, No. 2, 2002
about the author:
PROFESSOR Jonathan Osborne
9 years of teaching physics and science in high schools (1973-1981)
3 years working as an Advisory Teacher in Inner London Schools (1982-1985)
King's College London
Lecturer in Science Education,(1985-1996)
Senior Lecturer in Science Education,(1996-2000)
Professor of Science Education,(2000-2003)
Chair of Science Education,(2003-2008)
Head of Department of Education and Professional Studies (2005-2008
RECENT PUBS:
Osborne, J.F & Dillon, J.(2008) Science Education in Europe. Nuffield Foundation: London.
Chin, C., & Osborne, J.(2008). Students' questions: a potential resource for teaching and learning science. Studies in Science Education, 44(1), 1 - 39.
Chin, C., & Osborne, J.(2010). Supporting Argumentation Through Students' Questions: Case Studies in Science Classrooms. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 19(2), 230 - 284.
Osborne, J.(2010). Arguing to Learn in Science: The Role of Collaborative, Critical Discourse. Science, 328, 463-466.
Osborne, J. F., & Patterson, A.(2011). Scientific argument and explanation: A necessary distinction? Science Education, 95(4), 627-638.
Claussen, Stephanie, & Osborne, Jonathan.(2013). Bourdieu's notion of cultural capital and its implications for the science curriculum. Science Education, 97(1), 58-79.
Archer, L., DeWitt, J., Osborne, J., Dillon, J., & Wong, B.(2012). Science Aspirations, Capital, and Family Habitus: How Families Shape Children's Engagement and Identification With Science. American Educational Research Journal, 49(5), 881-908.
Osborne, Jonathan, Simon, Shirley, Christodoulou, Andri, Howell-Richardson, Christine, & Richardson, Katherine.(2013). Learning to argue: A study of four schools and their attempt to develop the use of argumentation as a common instructional practice and its impact on students. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 50, 3, 315-347
https://ed.stanford.edu/faculty/osbornej
I KNOW A LOT ABOUT Education RealDave....a lot......
No blind scientists
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1113624 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
talk about false gods....
YOU ARE CELEBRATING sending a probe out into space looking for what?
Superior beings? Pat yourself on the back, you who worships little grey men!!!!!!!
What was that about belief son?

If you believe in nothing else, then you must believe you are a god since (I assume) only you can procreate whatever life form you so desire.

You don't pat yourself on the back. You pray to yourself!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1113625 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about education, you would know you need advanced mathematics to study any science. Explaining events in science is about finding ways to represent those events in mathematical terms & using mathematics to describe & predict these events.
lol! I was going to ask 'haavud' how binary worked in relation to language, but I thought it was a bit too complex.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1113626 Apr 8, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick"
You lie. Several posters, including me have pointed out your support for the boy president nobama. The same posters have also posted your knocking of conservative principles.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Hey Special Eed, you are one of the biggest liars on here and you prove it daily. By the very same standards as you are judging him, you have said on a number of occasions that you were an independent and there is absolutely no evidence of that.. Most all Americans have some liberal and some conservative in them. As a matter of fact your Jesus was way more liberal than he was conservative. There are conservative that support some of the presidents policies and then there are idiots like you who only turn right. You are far more the hypocrite and liar.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1113627 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your excuse?
I don't trust them...

----------

Science is skepticism...doophie...

"... to be skeptical is to judge the validity of a claim based on objective empirical evidence."

"Skepticism is a critical feature of a scientific repertoire...."

Normand, M.(2008).'Science, Skepticism, and Applied Behavior Analysis'.
Behaviour Analysis Pract. 2008 Winter; 1(2): 4249

About the author:

This guy has a real loooooonnnnnnnggggg...>CURR ICULUM VITAE<
http://www3.uop.edu/Documents/school-college/...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1113628 Apr 8, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick"
You lie. Several posters, including me have pointed out your support for the boy president nobama. The same posters have also posted your knocking of conservative principles.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
yes, idiots like you say that but when asked to back it up with a post to prove it, you run..

run, coward, run!!

St. Croix valley

#1113629 Apr 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
you won't need a jacket!

:)
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1113630 Apr 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations moron. The Koch's own your one brain cell.
But dem, there are two of the Kochs and only one brain cell. You think we could throw old Sleazy Eed in so they could each have a brain cell?
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1113631 Apr 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary.
Whenever you open your mouth it's obvious you are an ignorant tea turd.

Location hidden

#1113632 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. you threw out Vietnam as a counter to someone commenting on Bush & Iraq.
Find all of these liberals who would defend LBJ. Where are they?
This ploy you right whiners use of denying your support for Bush ain't working.
Its about numbers with me....

throw out the emotion and just deal with the numbers....

stop the spitting and slobbering....The numbers speak for themselves...

Democrats did not learn from FDR and WWII....they repeated it just 15 years later..

and yes, Bush II was not that great...he's just a mortal man....

Defending any man, Democrat or Republican, has its pitfalls...you don't like it when Obama is criticized do you? what a sad person you are....

St. Croix valley

#1113633 Apr 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I was going to ask 'haavud' how binary worked in relation to language, but I thought it was a bit too complex.
there are only 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Location hidden

#1113634 Apr 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What was that about belief son?
If you believe in nothing else, then you must believe you are a god since (I assume) only you can procreate whatever life form you so desire.
You don't pat yourself on the back. You pray to yourself!
You believe in little green men living on Pluto....talk about wacky faith....

Wear that proudly....

Billions of dollars sending probes into space, looking for your ancestors....gee sounds kinda like a religion to me....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1113635 Apr 8, 2014
Old_Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Mine are better looking than yours. I hear you were ridden hard in your day and put to bed wet starting back in the 1940's. That lobotomy didn't help you either. But it made you a great Democrat!
Wow never mind have at it...

Oh wait @ it...

Don't have the mood to take shit to the cleaners anymore as far as ride...

Yeah had my share of transportation...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113636 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you won't need a jacket!
:)
Yeah that's awesome...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1113637 Apr 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,,,I don't hate republicans. I just find them always on the stink hole side of an argument.
I don't like welfare fraud, I don't like wasteful spending, I don't like illegal aliens.
But I'm also not gonna argue science and saving our planet with fkn imbeciles. It's easy to offer different theories in science...that's what science is. But you dummies are wrong,,,, and you're stupid pawns that will be laughed at by future generations. That my friend is a fact.
Some things are simply talking points like everything that dumb lady carol puts up here. I realize you have chosen a difficult position to defend. I mean 97% of the worlds climate experts agree that you imbeciles are listening to idiots.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113638 Apr 8, 2014
Ok wait where are we on what thread...Presidency something?

Ok later....

And have it your way...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113639 Apr 8, 2014
Ok excuse me for my awesome post I really thought it said Tinka dang... LOL

AHHH lol another added nothingness and more complicated numbers....

WOWSERS

Location hidden

#1113640 Apr 8, 2014
Did AL GORE DO THIS?

DID THE UNs IPCC do this?

"All reasonable evidence on both sides should be considered"

Normand, M.(2008).'Science, Skepticism, and Applied Behavior Analysis'. Behavior Analysis Pract. 2008 Winter; 1(2): 4249

About the author:

http://www3.uop.edu/Documents/school-college/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Knowledge- 247,451
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 6,888
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Deeper than Truth 201,863
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 29,938
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web