Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1600390 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1114591 Apr 10, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
witch hunt? I think not....
http://oversight.house.gov/release/new-irs-e-...
Repeat:

Like I said, a GOP witch hunt. Their claim is that because the "IRS and Cummings' staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, they "obviously " were coordinating and improperly sharing confidential taxpayer information."

When a Congressional committee, in this case the House Oversight Committee chaired by Elijah Cummings, contacts the IRS for "publicly available" (notice how your source conveniently left out that little tidbit) information on a tax exempt group, the IRS has an obligation to research it and get back to them. That is what they did.

Here is an e-mails that the GOP is using in their witch hunt:

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 02:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Lerner Lois G; Paz Holly 0; Marks Nancy J
Subject: House Oversight Committee Minority Staff

The house oversight committee (not the subcommittee of ways and means) has requested any PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION on an entity that they believe has filed for c3 status.
They do not have a waiver.
The entity is KSP True the Vote EIN .
They believe the entity has filed tax returns in the past and would like copies of those if they are publicly available in addition to any other information that is publicly available about the entity's tax-exempt status."

At no time in any e-mail is there any indication that the IRS shared any information with Cummings that was not publicly available. Your source is very careful in their wording... "Neither Cummings nor the IRS shared these requested documents with the Oversight Majority." Hard for Cummings to share something he never received.

Witch hunt.
Jack

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#1114592 Apr 10, 2014
Sharmila and Tanisha http://www.cchr.org/cchr-reports/harming-arti... recording artist

Sharmila and Tanisha conspiracy

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1114593 Apr 10, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Retard? How politically incorrect of you!
Since when is Topix known to be politically correct?
Jack

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#1114594 Apr 10, 2014
Add video's from sharmilaonline to your account and promote it please! Sharmila and Tanisha need your help!!!!!!!!!!
Jack

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#1114595 Apr 10, 2014
http://www.cchr.org/cchr-reports/harming-arti...

Sharmila and Tanisha from Holland

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1114596 Apr 10, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on dem. I know you love to push the envelope but I thought you liberals were hyper-sensitive about being politically correct......hmmmmmm, maybe that pendulum only swings one way?
According to Sarah Palin, it's just satire.

Sarah Palin (when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards"): "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire."

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1114597 Apr 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the "retard" insult a lot. Maybe "It's A Black Thing. You Wouldn't Understand", eh?
Obama Makes 'Special Olympics' Gaffe on Leno Show: "It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
Clean up your filthy culture.
It's just satire.

Read my above post.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1114598 Apr 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only people whose access to care is limited are those foolish enough to join an HMO.....
or foolish enough to select an ObamaKKKare policy with a provider network in Bangladesh.....
WRONG AGAIN STUPID! The providers in the ACA exchanges are the same ones who've been providing coverage to the market all along. There are none from Bangladesh or any other country.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1114599 Apr 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the so-called Palestinians are terrorists, not people......
Really moron? Its terrorism to defend what you consider to be your home by whatever means are available to you? I love it when hypocrites like you get their panties in a twist when some Mexicans cross the border to pick crops or clean hotel rooms but thing that the Palestinians should have just rolled over when boatloads of Europeans landed on their shores to take over the place.
MoonBeamLib

Simsbury, CT

#1114600 Apr 10, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really moron? Its terrorism to defend what you consider to be your home by whatever means are available to you? I love it when hypocrites like you get their panties in a twist when some Mexicans cross the border to pick crops or clean hotel rooms but thing that the Palestinians should have just rolled over when boatloads of Europeans landed on their shores to take over the place.
Speaking of morons, DUH-Pont, how is Sweden doing? Just fine? Wasn't it the U.N. that came up with the Partition Plan? You know, that same worthless U.N. you Demo-Commies love?

You are such a moron Duh-Pont.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1114601 Apr 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama's naÔve Utopian "Big Government/Big Brother" vision hard at work.
http://politix.topix.com/story/11371-youll-be...
(How much Walmart prices will go up if minimum wage goes up.)
http://politix.topix.com/story/11363-a-drone-...
(Drone crashes near an elementary school in Pennsylvania.)
http://politix.topix.com/story/11369-you-migh...
(Four troubling facts in new jobs report.)
Same ol', same ol' leadership - or lack thereof.
Had company this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good one.
Okay Carol, let's go with the Wal-Mart video first. I don't know what point you're trying to make but the video clearly shows that raising the wages of Wal-Mart cashiers to the point where they wouldn't have to depend on SNAP benefits would only raise prices 1.4% or one cent on their store brand Mac and Cheese and save US taxpayers $300,000,000. So what's your point?
And so a drone crashed in Pennsylvania while on a training flight. This is the President's fault how? There have been crashes involving piloted aircraft also.
on April 21, 2007 A United States Navy Blue Angels McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18 Hornet, BuNo 162437, crashes into a residential neighborhood while performing at an airshow in Beaufort, South Carolina, in the United States, killing the pilot. Military investigators blame pilot for his fatal crash. A report obtained by The Associated Press said that Lieutenant Commander Kevin Davis got disoriented and crashed after not properly tensing his abdominal muscles to counter the gravitational forces of a high-speed turn.
On December 8, 2008 A USMC McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18D Hornet, BuNo 164017, crashed into a neighborhood, University City, coming down two miles (3 km) west of MCAS Miramar, California, just after the Marine pilot, Lieutenant Dan Neubauer, from VMFAT-101, ejected. Four fatalities on the ground. The Hornet was being flown from the USS Abraham Lincoln. The commander of the fighter squadron involved in the crash, its top maintenance officer and two others have been relieved of duty as a result of the crash investigation. The pilot has been grounded pending a further review, Maj. Gen. Randolph Alles announced in March 2009.[
So was these were George Bush's fault? Again, what's your point?
As to the unemployment, what has your GOP done on this matter other than block job creation legislation and make matters worse by refusing to extend federal unemployment benefits?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1114602 Apr 10, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are proud of your liar of the year - Barack Hussein Obama. Says a lot about your complete lack of character, integrity and honesty.
This regime is the most dishonest I've ever seen.
Character, integrity and honesty. Words that you have only heard of but have no meaning to a flatheaded flatfoot like you. Tell us all again how you ran from claiming that you were a Marine until I started asking questions and then you didn't want to talk about it any more...But you are well qualified to talk about dishonesty, creepy dude.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1114603 Apr 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
This was probably already discussed sometime today...but the U.S. sending two additional ballistic missile destroyers to Japan to counter the North Korean threat and saying China must better respect its neighbors is like saying Obama is going to give China a time-out if they don't play nice.
It's the tensions building up that could lead to the other shoe dropping which was mentioned the other day. Weak leadership in what should be a strong country leads to vulnerability and bad guys taking advantage of it.
It's Obama's naivety about the world shining through once again.
Sure Carol, let's just get into a military confrontation with a nuclear armed power with an unstable leader. What could possibly go wrong with that idiot?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1114604 Apr 10, 2014
MoonBeamLib wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of morons, DUH-Pont, how is Sweden doing? Just fine? Wasn't it the U.N. that came up with the Partition Plan? You know, that same worthless U.N. you Demo-Commies love?
You are such a moron Duh-Pont.
Wow I wonder who this idiot is????Hell you can even smell Waxhead, I guess it's the penis breath, and that bottle of stupid that he wakes up to daily.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1114605 Apr 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
G'nite.
The Sun also rises....in about 4.5 hours locally.
There is no sunshine in bagger world for you social ingrates. Be sure to adjust that diaper and connect your oxygen and get someone to help you up into bed.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1114606 Apr 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"most people" pay the full cost of their medical services until they reach the deductible....and the copays don't count toward the deductible.....
so they have no coverage until they satisfy the deductible......
and if the deductible is more than their annual expenses, they receive no benefit for their premiums....
They will never understand that. They are brainwashed.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1114607 Apr 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, a cudgel to attack GWB, you don't give a shit about anyone but murderers of women and children. Like the liar in chief Il Douche and his illegal drone strikes.
Just because I comment how Bush lied to get over 4000 US solders killed & Tens of thousands of people killed does not mean anything about the innocents killed in drone strikes. Drone strikes kill far fewer people all out war & invasions.

I do find it pathetic that you people love Bush for killing those 4000 soldiers in a war based on lied that had nothing to do with terrorism or WMDs.

Terrorists need to know they are targeted & when they get near their friends & family, they put those lives at risk. And those who know the terrorist need to know they are at risk when they are near them.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1114608 Apr 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to go, you weren't going to be drafted, WTF do you care? You don't, vets and volunteers don't want or need your lame ass attacks.
You use Iraq as a cudgel to attack GWB, nothing more, you're transparent.
Seen Code Pink lately? Seen any phony anti war Hollywood types squawking on the nightly news lately? Why haven't you?
Because now that the AA failure is in charge they don't give a shit about dead and maimed soldiers.
Deny it.
Look, assh*le, I was of draft age & did not get drafted. I had many friends that were & some that did not come back.

A low life POS like you wouldn't give a sh*t if your friends were killed or changed forever by a stupid war.

I never attacked vets. You are lying.

Go f*ck yourself.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1114609 Apr 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Debunked!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
Even the Koch Bros. secretly "Like" Obamacare. "Charles and David Koch may have spent millions of dollars opposing President Obamaís Affordable Care Act, but that didnít stop them from benefiting from the law. The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that Koch Industries received $1.4 million in subsidies from a $5 billion program established by the Affordable Care Act to help employers and states maintain coverage for individuals 55 and older who are not yet eligible for Medicare.

ThinkProgress first noticed that Koch applied for the program in August of 2010, along with other critics of the law, including state-run programs in Texas and more than a dozen members of the board of directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which has spent millions to support Republican causes." Koch Brothers Received Millions in Obamacare Subsidies http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1114610 Apr 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will never understand that. They are brainwashed.
"Charles and David Koch may have spent millions of dollars opposing President Obamaís Affordable Care Act, but that didnít stop them from benefiting from the law. The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that Koch Industries received $1.4 million in subsidies from a $5 billion program established by the Affordable Care Act to help employers and states maintain coverage for individuals 55 and older who are not yet eligible for Medicare.".... This isnít the first time critics of the law have taken advantage of [Obamacare ] provisions. Just last week, Republican members of Congress praised the Obama administration for keeping open a call center dedicated to enrolling people into the law after the initial enrollment period, while others have requested grants funded under the ACA. Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) even encouraged some Texans to sign-up for coverage in the federally-run health care exchange in an effort to save the state money." Koch Brothers Received Millions in Obamacare Subsidies http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 min Wisdom of Ages 11,552
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min cpeter1313 317,452
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 41 min Trojan 34,182
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Aug 28 FindPhartss 23
More from around the web