Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601238 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1114537 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain how deductibles "limit coverage"? Most people are only concerned with the amount of their co-pays and never come anywhere near to reaching their deductible.
"most people" pay the full cost of their medical services until they reach the deductible....and the copays don't count toward the deductible.....

so they have no coverage until they satisfy the deductible......

and if the deductible is more than their annual expenses, they receive no benefit for their premiums....
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1114538 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

You people should be embarrassed for your party.
You people are proud of your liar of the year - Barack Hussein Obama. Says a lot about your complete lack of character, integrity and honesty.

This regime is the most dishonest I've ever seen.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1114539 Apr 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people with equivalent positions doing the same job.
Hee, Hee, Hee.......DumbDave strikes again.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1114540 Apr 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Amazing. Even 'Duck Dynasty' gets involved here!
"Apr 9, 8:55 PM EDT
AP source: GOP chair pushes McAllister resignation
By MELINDA DESLATTE
Associated Press
BATON ROUGE, La.(AP)-- Captured on tape kissing another man's wife, a married Republican congressman was urged Wednesday by the leader of the Louisiana GOP to resign from the seat he's only held since November.
Rep. Vance McAllister appealed for privacy for his family "during this difficult period." He and his wife have five children.
A person close to the Republican Party of Louisiana told The Associated Press that party chairman Roger Villere was trying to persuade McAllister to step aside immediately. The source asked not to be named because Villere hadn't spoken directly with McAllister and conversations continue with the congressman's staff.
A brief statement from McAllister on Wednesday offered no answers to the questions that have swirled about his private life - or political future - since the videotape surfaced of him kissing a woman identified as Melissa Peacock, who resigned Monday from his congressional payroll.
Jennifer Dunagin, a spokeswoman, said in the statement that McAllister "will not pursue an FBI investigation at this time regarding the distribution of a video filmed in leased federal office space." She said the congressman "is focused on earning back the trust of those he has disappointed, and he reiterates his request for privacy for his family during this difficult period."
The congressman has been absent from the House this week, and it was not known if he intended to return to the Capitol before lawmakers begin a scheduled two-week vacation to coincide with Easter.
Other Republican members of Congress from his state generally avoided direct comment about the burgeoning scandal, although Rep. John Fleming said, "the longer he's not up here (in Washington), the more he is paralyzed as a functioning congressman."
Rep. Bill Cassidy told reporters, "It is a family tragedy for two families," and declined further comment.
Sen. David Vitter, who survived a prostitution scandal a few years ago, didn't offer political guidance. Instead, he issued a statement saying, "My sole focus and reaction is about the McAllister family and the other family directly involved. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, and I wish them real and deep comfort and healing."
A spokesman for Speaker John Boehner said the House's top Republican had not spoken with McAllister since the videotape surfaced.
The videotape, which shows a man and a woman in a long kiss, was taken inside McAllister's congressional suite of offices in Monroe, La., a little more than a month after he won his seat in Congress. It is not publicly known how the recording made its way into the Ouachita Citizen, which posted it and said it had been made on Dec. 23.
According to the LegiStorm, a website that tracks congressional salaries, Peacock joined McAllister's congressional staff shortly after his election in November, earning about $407 a week, or less than $22,000 a year. She and her husband were contributors to McAllister's campaign.
Her husband, Heath Peacock, told CNN in an interview that McAllister "has wrecked my life." The network quoted Peacock as saying: "I loved my wife so much. I cannot believe this."
The businessman won his congressional seat in an upset last fall in to the seat held by former Rep. Rodney Alexander, who resigned. McAllister was able to finance much of his campaign on his own, and he also benefited from an endorsement from the bearded men of the popular "Duck Dynasty" reality TV show...>"
if McAllister resigns, maybe Willie Robertson will run......

or maybe Phil Robertson.....

that will be a big GFY for you people......

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1114541 Apr 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Liar-In-Chief says "Damn the torpedoes..." because he has a Fifth Column working for him.
Yes, exactly. We can only hope enough Americans are now seeing the circle of power and how we're the pawns in their power struggle so they can keep it at all costs. The liberal media writes all the rules in this game which they play at our expense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1114542 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain how deductibles "limit coverage"? Most people are only concerned with the amount of their co-pays and never come anywhere near to reaching their deductible.
those who never come close to reaching their deductibles are pissing away money on insurance and would be better off with low cost catastrophic insurance.....

Lapeer, MI

#1114543 Apr 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from the nitwit who thinks global warming is a hoax because a ship got caught in the ice in Antarctica.
This coming from the nitwit who thinks global warming is real even when ships get caught in the Antarctica ice along with ships across the globe shortening their seasonal treks because of increased ice blocking shipping lanes.

Let's spell it with a capital "N", Nitwit.

Lapeer, MI

#1114544 Apr 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would be several thousands of dollars per year for any decent career.
you'd be Ok with getting paid thousands per year less for he same job?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Learn to read, azzhole..
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1114545 Apr 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Harry Reid Senate Majority PAC caught in another dishonest ad
"This is the third time in a month that the Fact Checker has given Four Pinocchios to an ad sponsored by Senate Majority PAC. Thatís a pretty dreadful track record, and does little for the organizationís credibility more than six months before the midterm elections."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Reid is the epitome of the two-faced hypocritical politician. The cliche 'Do as I say, not as I do' could have been written with Reid in mind.

He's a proven racist, tax cheat, and liar. The typical effete, liberal elitist democrat who thinks he's better and smarter than most.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-in...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1114546 Apr 9, 2014
AIRING HARRY REIDíS DIRTY LAUNDRY

Harry Reid claims to be an ethical politician and he often employs his Mormon religion in order to demonstrate his alleged [immaculate lifestyle].

However, the reality is that he is, in fact, one of the most ethically challenged politicians in office today. This report will review his alliances with corrupt individuals, his support of ACORN, his ties with organized crime figures and his chronic failure to comply with campaign finance laws.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-in...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1114547 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just another GOP witch hunt. Does anyone seriously believe that Rove's Crossroads Grassroots Policy Strategies (GPS) doesn't have politics as their primary focus? Thereby, making them ineligible for 501(c)(4) tax exempt status? Lois Lerner had every right to "take a special interest" in them. Especially after Senator Richard Durbin wrote the IRS asking for it to investigate whether Crossroads GPS had violated its tax status and after the non-profit watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed an ethics complaint with the Federal Election Commission and a corresponding letter with the FBI, alleging that Crossroads GPS failed to disclose the identities of contributors who donated $6 million specifically earmarked to fund independent expenditures for Josh Mandel's 2012 Ohio Senate race.
You people should be embarrassed for your party.
witch hunt? I think not....

http://oversight.house.gov/release/new-irs-e-...

Lapeer, MI

#1114548 Apr 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Dave's less than connected response to someone's post concerning terrorist....
"Ooooh, the poor babys, the poor babys that would willingly cut off your head and slaughter all your loved ones?
Deny it. "
Did Dave fail to comprehend what was posted?
Was Dave deliberately dishonest in his response?
DumbDave is *always* dishonest in his response because it is built in to all of his knee-jerk replies.

Location hidden

#1114549 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a retard would believe that the policies available on the exchanges "provide much more limited coverage".
Retard? How politically incorrect of you!

Location hidden

#1114550 Apr 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look it's the retarded hillbilly playing climate expert. Lol
Come on dem. I know you love to push the envelope but I thought you liberals were hyper-sensitive about being politically correct......hmmmmmm, maybe that pendulum only swings one way?

Lapeer, MI

#1114551 Apr 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Being waterboarded knowing its your people doing it &they will not let you suffer any real harm is the same as having your enemy do it.
You are dumber than sh*t.
Waterboarding is torture. It is torture by our own definition in the past.
Reading your asinine posts can be torture at times, too.

Location hidden

#1114552 Apr 9, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What's a matter. Waldo? The message is clear enough...of course it would help if you pluralized you use of the work, but you're such a moron, why bother.
I'm going to ignore the obvious.....

Lapeer, MI

#1114553 Apr 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You're flailing.
weather forecasters use models.
And you're aware of how often and how inaccurate weather forecasts are, right?

No?

Then get a grip and wake up.

Plus, there is a huge difference between weather predicting in a mostly finite regional model vs a nearly infinite global one.

Making predictions for a closed system is one thing but trying to forecast events in an open system like Earth's atmosphere is next to impossible.

Lapeer, MI

#1114554 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a retard would believe that the policies available on the exchanges "provide much more limited coverage".
You use the "retard" insult a lot. Maybe "It's A Black Thing. You Wouldn't Understand", eh?

Obama Makes 'Special Olympics' Gaffe on Leno Show: "It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

Clean up your filthy culture.

Lapeer, MI

#1114555 Apr 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
weather forecasters in Southern California use weather patterns that are very predictable....
forecasters can predict "warm and sunny" every day and be correct 99% of the time, better than any model......
if they predict rain based on a model, they will be wrong most of the time.....
the prime qualification for TV weather broadcasters is a good body.....
So many times, I miss the weather report after watching her move across the screen repeatedly turning and pivoting and wondering what she would look like with no cloud cover. If only she could be clicking my remote instead.

I agree. Regional forecasting is nothing compared to making that huge leap into the unknown of Global Climate Modeling.

Lapeer, MI

#1114556 Apr 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a girl on prom night. Maybe I'll fk ya. Probably not.
fk yerself. You need the practice after the sex organ transplant.

....but why ITH did you have them sew it over your nose?

..so you could smell yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr ROFLMAO 34,201
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weapon X 317,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr POPS 11,559
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web