Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405564 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113782 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> No where is anyone pushing the idea that the average pay for women working at an enterprise must be the same as the average male wage.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Its equal pay for equal work .
How dod you get this stupid?
Were you just born that way? Or did you work art it by reading all the right whiner websites.
define "equal work".....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1113783 Apr 8, 2014
Before I go....

Liberalism has destroyed all of the Humanities and Social Science disciplines....

all that is left for them is 'hard science'...

Think about what they (Progressives) are doing with math...

we have all seen the FB posts of the silly math problems that kids are having to do...more will surface....

that's my opinion...

nighty night...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1113784 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the messenger is an expert?
that's part of knowing your audience....
what are you an expert in? Tell us
so we know not to argue with you in those subjects....
Unless he can prove it, then he's really only offering his opinion of himself.

And if he hold his opinion out as factual, but can't prove it, then he's really an expert at 'story telling' at best, or a liar at worst.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113786 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, sending astrophysics students to study at an observatory is a waste..
education has one of the best ROIs of any public investment we can make...
why do you fear knowledge? are you a Luddite?
a summer vacation boondoggle.....

let them drive from Delaware to Green Bank at a fraction of the cost....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113788 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't "years ago". It was 2010 and he was on parole for bank fraud. After 9/11/12, he was arrested and entered a plea of guilty to using the alias Sam Bacile, among others, which violated his parole. Got it? He was arrested for falsifying his identity.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/maker-of...
you lie.......he was not on parole.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1113789 Apr 8, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Gee, where's my opponent? Chickened out I'll wager
lol! What's the matter son? Give up on the mortgage crisis already?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1113790 Apr 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Hitler killed 13 million in total and 6 million jews.
What's with the 7 million no one talks about? And why are they any less important?
We're on a different subject, Yeah.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113791 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be proud if every single citizen living in the United States had health insurance. Problem is, that isn't going to happen as long as we have Republican governors.
Medicaid is welfare, not insurance......

increasing the number of people on Medicaid just increases the number of uninsured.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113792 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Through the end of February, 4.2 million people had applied for and selected a plan through the marketplaces. As expected, the vast majority of enrollees (83%) have qualified for premium subsidies, since people who are not eligible for premium subsidies can buy comparable coverage with similar consumer protections outside of the marketplaces... we estimate that 3.5 million people have qualified for a total of about $10.0 billion in annual premium subsidies, or an average of about $2,890 per person."
"Nationwide, an estimated 83% of marketplace enrollees qualify for subsidies, ranging from 13% in the District of Columbia and 35% in Hawaii to 92% in Wyoming and 93% in Mississippi.(Members of Congress and some of their staff obtain coverage through the DC exchange and are not eligible for subsidies, which is why the percentage there is so much lower than in the rest of the country.)
http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-brief/how-...
Kaiser is a crummy HMO that wants to drag all medical care in the US down to their low-class standards.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113793 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Republican could have written such a one-sided piece of garbage.
It is a FACT that women and men in private business are not paid equivalent salaries. It will remain that way until such time as businesses are forced to submit pay information annually based on gender and fined for any evidence of gender discrimination.
men and women receive equal pay for equal value produced....

"forced to submit"???...

if you had ever worked in private business, you would understand that there are many reasons why people are paid different salaries......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113796 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you re too stupid to know that mathematics is the basis for science.
incorrect.....

mathematics is a tool used by science, not the basis of science....

physics uses lots of math, biology relatively little.....

but how would an imbecile like you know....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113797 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats have done wonders with FOODSTAMPS....bought a lot of votes....did not do much for hunger...
but DemoKKKrats and their food stamps have contributed greatly to obesity.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113798 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked in private industry and have seen the income inequality first hand. Everyone should be forced to follow the government's example by paying everyone equally without regard as to whether they are married or have a family.
all people are not equal, do not have equal ability, and do not produce equal value........

if you pay a marginal employee the same as a superior employee, the superior employee will soon leave.......particularly if he/she knows that fact.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113799 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans were so desperate in 2008 that they spent $100,000 to study how gamers from the U.S. and China played the video game World of Warcraft in the hopes it would help them in foreign affairs.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/54809/profes...
if Obama had studied Putin, maybe Obama would not have been suckered so badly....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113800 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about education, you would know you need advanced mathematics to study any science. Explaining events in science is about finding ways to represent those events in mathematical terms & using mathematics to describe & predict these events.
not really, not always......

mathematical models are theoretical estimates that ultimately require physical confirmation.....

and we're talking about the real world, not school......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113801 Apr 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your lake melt yet? I haven't seen an ice breaker on the Delaware River ever until this winter.
BTW, government paid German scientists had a scientific consensus that Jews were inferior. There was a similar scientific consensus concerning black folks. Pardon me if I'm a little skeptical.
those who lack sufficient facts to prove their position rely on a "consensus".......

those who defy conventional thinking often arrive at the truth.....

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1113802 Apr 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all people are not equal, do not have equal ability, and do not produce equal value........
if you pay a marginal employee the same as a superior employee, the superior employee will soon leave.......particularly if he/she knows that fact.....
Do these people realize we already have a law covering this?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1113803 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thats what so many in Jersy said before a category two hit them..
wait till they get hit by a real hurricane...(they called Sandy a 'superstorm'...category 2!! the whole area might be gone with a real storm and higher oceans...then all them folks will be looking to move in with you..)
Sandy was not a hurricane, and the damage resulted largely from poor construction in low-lying areas.....

the money spent rebuilding in the same locations guarantees future disasters.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1113804 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am left wondering how many burning crosses you have placed on the front lawn of homes owned by blacks. Your fear of becoming a minority prevents you from thinking clearly.
"...fear of becoming a minority..."?????

Hell, I'm already a minority here on Topix.

I'm the biggest smartazz you've ever met. Even bigger than Woodtick.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1113805 Apr 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She claimed to have attended the University of Illinois, called it a top ten university. Think she meant Big10.
Also claimed to have been harassed by a professor because of her religious views.
Also claimed to have once been married to a UI associate professor.
She's a real claimer that one is.
Poor Realtime can't make any claim to fame.

The people here tearing him a new azzhole daily do that for him.

with great affection, too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Eagle 12 256,086
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 hr ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web