Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761365 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1114201 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I just skipped over 300 posts. You people are certainly on a roll.
Now, Kvetch, you know what they say about glass houses:
Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM): It is the wife’s role to “voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice.”
Michele Bachmann: "The Lord says,‘Be submissive, wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.’”
you ladies need to start some religious cults...then you can be equally idiotic!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1114202 Apr 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
It is amazing how you dance and dodge. Posters on a daily basis point out your lies. You always miss those responses or at least say you did. You call all those who dare disagree with the BS you post cowards and say they run. The problem with that is the ones you claim run respond. No one runs from you, many laugh at you.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Bingo!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1114203 Apr 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Inquiring minds want to know...
Does it turn you on when mongrel dem calls people 'fkn imbecile' on here?
Are you threatened by dem's ability of to unlock the "moral" shackles and tell it like it is? Without people like dem, you imbeciles would go through life believing, after your disgusting display of racism, prejudice and bigotry, that you are actually worthy of some kind of respect.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1114205 Apr 9, 2014
If climate models are so accurate...reprogram them and head to vegas....

'Even with better observing techniques and near perfect computer models, there are countless small, unpredictable atmospheric fluctuations that fall under the heading of CHAOS. For example, tiny eddies are much smaller than the grid spacing the computer model and, therefore, go UNMEASURED. These small disturbances, as well as small errors (uncertainties) in the data, generally amplify with time as the computer TRIES to PROJECT the weather further and further into the future. After a number of days, these imperfections tend to dominate, and the forecast SHOW LITTLE OR NO ACCURACY in predicting the behavior of the real atmosphere..."

Ahrens, C., & Perry Samson.(2011).' Extreme Weather and Climate'.
BROOKS/COLE : California. Page 407.

this is a textbook....

about the authors:

C. Donald Ahrens is Emeritus Professor at Modesto Junior College and the author of two best-selling textbooks for Cengage Learning. The Textbook and Academic Authors Association awarded Professor Ahrens its 2009 McGuffey Longevity Award in the physical science category for his market-leading text METEOROLOGY TODAY, 9e. Dr. Ahrens has influenced not only professionals in the field of atmospheric science, but has brought better understanding of the science to hundreds of thousands of non-atmospheric science majors who used his books to expand their knowledge of weather and climate. In 2007, the National Weather Association awarded Professor Ahrens a lifetime achievement award for these accomplishments.

Perry Samson is currently a professor in the Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences at the University of Michigan. Samson holds an Arthur F. Thurmond Professorship in recognition of "outstanding contributions to undergraduate education" and is recipient of the university's Teaching Innovation Prize. Professor Samson annually leads a team of undergraduate students to study the formation of supercell thunderstorms in the Great Plains. He is also a co-founder of the popular weather website, The Weather Underground ( http://www.wunderground.com ).

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Weather-Climate...

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1114206 Apr 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet, jus last week , as i previously pointed out, our weather forecasters accurately predicted the winter storm we had five days out...they nailed it perfectly, down to the track of the heaviest snow path..
they do this all the time here.
Put your money where you mouth is...

when is the next tornado going to hit Moore Oklahoma...

Exact time and date please....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1114207 Apr 9, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
stillne single lie proven...

why is that again?

yet i show your lies every day!

keep running from your words, coward...

my word is still golden.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1114208 Apr 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have it backwards...it isn't based on the algorithm. the algorithms for weather predicition are proven, it is the data p[ut into taht cliamte model that is not yet 100 accurate...
Okay, so you are still confused.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1114209 Apr 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're actually pretty accurate since many reich wingers chose Snowden over Obama and the United States.....
And yet, they define themselves as "Patriots". Take those Whigs off and what we have are traitors to America who are intent on decreasing the powers of the President.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1114210 Apr 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike man-made global warming, mass-energy equivalence has been proven and is not just an academic theory.......
Einstein would laugh at the shoddy science of the global warming crowd.......
You mean laugh like we do you baggers, along with your many obsessions?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1114211 Apr 9, 2014
Now this is science...mathematics at its finest!!!!!!

on predicting the weather...

wait for it....

This is a textbook that teaches future meteorologists...

"the persistent forecast method"

"...is simply a prediction that future weather will be the same as present..."

or snowing today...it will snow tomorrow!!!!

BROOKS/COLE : California. Page 408.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1114212 Apr 9, 2014
Our leftist comrades are still celebrating all the lies and failures from bo. We understand you hoped for change but the realization of the last 6 years has revealed how little an individual, especially a leftist, logically thinks for themself. Keep polishing bo's turds.....they're bound to come clean!
Pinocchiobama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1114213 Apr 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>stillne single lie proven...
why is that again?
my word is still golden.
"single lie proven"? Did you say, "single lie proven"? How about a whole collection under the guise of one single program?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1114214 Apr 9, 2014
Weather mathematics....ALERT....!!!!!
Weather mathematics....ALERT....!!!!!

Exact Science...ALERT....!!!!!!
Exact Science...ALERT....!!!!!!

This is a textbook that teaches future meteorologists...

WHERE IS THE MATH?

"steady state / trend forecast"

'...surface weather systems TEND to move in the same direction and at approximately the same speed as they have been moving, providing no evidence exists to indicate otherwise."

BROOKS/COLE : California. Page 408.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1114216 Apr 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies?
¨There are costs to our economy and to society from the impacts of climate change that is already happening. In 2013, there were seven extreme weather events. Which I think is a nice way of saying great, big, huge horrible storms that cost the economy over a billion dollars each. This is a real economic impact on our communities, our families across the country… The scientific community has identified a number of impacts of climate change. Among those are increased frequency and intensity of extreme weather events.¨- Janet McCabe - EPA
I prefer total scare tactic bullshit.
Hey Gunner, what's up? I suspect that after all of those years being referred to as a Puccessee your woman side finally emerged. Hey that's ok come all the way out.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1114217 Apr 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you threatened by dem's ability of to unlock the "moral" shackles and tell it like it is? Without people like dem, you imbeciles would go through life believing, after your disgusting display of racism, prejudice and bigotry, that you are actually worthy of some kind of respect.
Answer my question Government worker....does it make you fell good about your side of the aisle when he calls people 'fkn embeciel'? Its a yes or no response...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1114218 Apr 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>stillne single lie proven...
why is that again?
my word is still golden.
cough, cough...

You just did precisely what Easy said you do, whackjob!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1114219 Apr 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike man-made global warming, mass-energy equivalence has been proven and is not just an academic theory.......
Einstein would laugh at the shoddy science of the global warming crowd.......
Man has increased the carbon content of our atmosphere & it has been shown to increase the greenhouse effect hence warming the planet.

But there are other factors such a sun's energy and things like the number & size of volcanoes.

A model will assume certain conditions that can change i.e. more or fewer volcanoes.

Einstein noted the complexity of things like weather & climate. J=He would be running in circles screaming " OMG ONG the planet did not arm last year" (even though it might be in the top ten for warmth),. He would look for what factors stopped this warming & determine of it needs to e reconfigured into the models.

However, one thing remains true, if we do not reduce of greenhouse as emissions, the greenhouse effect will heighten and it could lead to disastrous effects like flooding, extreme weather & massive drought in our bread basket.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1114220 Apr 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean laugh like we do you baggers, along with your many obsessions?
Speak English much, chit fer brains?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1114221 Apr 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gunner, what's up? I suspect that after all of those years being referred to as a Puccessee your woman side finally emerged. Hey that's ok come all the way out.
Lily calls me Gunner too! Can't you liberal old morons make your minds (what's left of them) up?
Red Lobster

Satellite Beach, FL

#1114222 Apr 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bumpass Ghost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min cpeter1313 340,847
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min Brew In 35,940
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480