Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418773 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1112848 Apr 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I look up ignorant in the dictionary will I find your picture?
Of course not.

You'll find *your* picture. See how that works?

The same will happen with Stupid and Pompous Ass
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1112849 Apr 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure that old DB is lying, I suspect that he needs to replace the tin foil again. You know baggers are famous for exceeding the limit on those tin foil hats.; You can actually order the improved version from Fox now with an autographed picture of Oreilly, and a cheaper version by Hannity.
Must be a radiation leaking somewhere....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1112850 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just one more of your lies about me...
why are you so obsessed with me?
Why is it that you can't man up to the real reason you were booted off politix instead of blathering out excuses?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1112851 Apr 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for confirming that voter fraud is a serious problem.......
Republicans who have declared war on our representative government are just lousy people. "The Republicans trot out their zombie lies about voter fraud, but the reality is that the more people vote, the more Republicans lose. They're a demographic dead end, and they know that even their extreme gerrymandering isn't enough to save them. Their only option is to disenfranchise people, and make it harder for people to participate in representative government. Particularly low-income people. Particularly African American people." The Republican Party's war on representative government http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/01/1288... via @dailykos

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1112852 Apr 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Am I missing something....
"There is no gender gap in wages among men and women with similar family roles. Comparing the wage gap between women and men ages 35-43 who have never married and never had a child, we find a small observed gap in favor of women, which becomes insignificant after accounting for differences in skills and job and workplace characteristics.
This observation is an important one because it suggests that the factors underlying the gender gap in pay primarily reflect choices made by men and women given their different societal roles, rather than labor market discrimination against women due to their sex."
http://www.nber.org/papers/w11240.pdf...
About the Author June O'Neill
Ph.D...Columbia...
Congressional Budget Office, Director, March 1995-February 1999.
https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/faculty/econo...
The above poster asked: "Am I missing something.."

The answer is: Yes, Its called a brain.

Equal pay for equal work refers to a man & woman working the same job with equivalent qualifications.

Not some report about women vs men across a wide spectrum of job possibilities.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1112853 Apr 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen Becks program...
You are swallowing a stereotype among other things...
All my news comes from the web....don't you see all the links I post?
my only 'msm' source would be drudge....
No wonder you're clueless.

And BTW your links are from azzwipe sites. Shirley you're jesting!

I''l give your dumb Okie azz a pazz on swallowing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1112854 Apr 7, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
But somehow, he's still here, you piece of scat ...
Being banned from Politix doesn't automatically mean being banned from topix, you azzwipe.

Lapeer, MI

#1112855 Apr 7, 2014
Patriot wrote:
Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher
April 7, 2014
Ruby Ridge-style standoff brewing as Bundy says he is prepared to be killed
http://www.infowars.com/armed-feds-prepare-fo...
http://tinyurl.com/nm7e5j2
Brad

Bolton, CT

#1112856 Apr 7, 2014
Oblamers buddy,Al Sharpton.

Nuff sed

Lapeer, MI

#1112857 Apr 7, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Woodtick is a mouth on four legs.

Nothing more.
PTBW Forever

Georgetown, IN

#1112858 Apr 7, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton didn't disarm the military you damned liar. I was in the Army during the Nixon administration and I had to keep my personal weapon (a 9mm Walther P38) at the MP post. Neither I nor anyone else except an MP on duty was allowed to carry a firearm on base. To those imbeciles who think that everyone being armed would have been a good thing here's what retired colonel Jack Jacobs had to say on the matter;
"The situation that existed at Fort Hood the other day, in a circumstance in which everybody has weapons, could very easily result and probably would have resulted in an enormous mass fratricide, and you would have this all the time," said Jacobs. "Arming everybody in a civilian situation like at Fort Hood would result in a terrible, terrible tragedy, larger than this one."
"No responsible commander would ever agree to arm all of his soldiers on post, that's all there is to it, and I know, I've commanded lots of troops in and out of combat."
You're an idiot!
Are you seriously the best Democrats have now? You are no less of a joke than any of the rest of them.

Fort Hood and other forts with stressed out and suicidal populaces are exceptions to the fact that more legal gun ownership deters crime.

Idiots are people who push gun control when gun control policies have always had an adverse effect on crime.

Lapeer, MI

#1112860 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you blame ghosts that don't exist...
you post crap that isn't even real and call that a problem..
you don't even know what is real and what is your fantasy anymore...
you should go back to lying about your military service and how you are part of the 1%....
what a tool!
"you blame ghosts that don't exist..."??????

So which ones do exist? Have you seen any of them?

Talk to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA......
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1112863 Apr 7, 2014
Reuters)– Ted Kennedy Jr., the son of the late Democratic Massachusetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy, will run for a seat in the Connecticut Senate, a Democratic source familiar with his plans said on Monday.

Kennedy, 52, is expected to declare his candidacy on Tuesday at a library in Branford, Connecticut, the town near New Haven where he lives. It will be his first try for political office.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1112864 Apr 7, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
Off to Eugene for a couple days ...
Enjoy....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1112865 Apr 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Parrot this and get back to me about what part is wrong.
Libs won't be happy until New York, under progressive democrats, returns to being a crime ridden jungle like Detroit.
City Councilman Jumaane Williams, 1 of the highest-profile foes of stop-and-frisk policing, now wants the NYPD to stop arresting people who commit “minor” crimes on the subway — because, he says, being arrested is “very disruptive” to the perps’ lives.
Williams’ Resolution No. 91 calls on the police & MTA to “stop arresting people for committing minor infractions in the transit system.” Even if someone is known to be a habitual criminal, it specifies, the police should not arrest him or her for committing a “minor infraction,” because “an arrest can cause significant stress” to the criminal.
What crimes count as “minor”? Williams’ resolution says they include,“but are not limited to,” littering & occupying more than 1 seat, smoking, drinking alcohol, public urination, gambling and causing “annoyance, alarm or inconvenience to a reasonable person.”
Does Williams think transit cops should steer clear of cigarette smokers and public urinators & let screaming drunks get in the faces of their fellow commuters? Well, consider the apparent “wrong” he’s trying to right.
Since Commissioner Bratton took over the NYPD, subway arrests have tripled over the same period a year ago. With stop-and-frisk problematic, it seems Bratton is ramping back up a tactic he pioneered in the early 1990s, as head of the MTA police.
Arresting fare-beaters & other miscreants wound up pulling in remarkable numbers of people with warrants for far more serious crimes. Murderers & rapists are much more likely than law-abiding folks to jump turnstiles. This shift in policing — from ignoring “minor” offenses to targeting them — was the start of the city’s historic gains against crime.
Which brings us to Councilman Williams who sponsored laws to end bias-based profiling & to install an independent inspector general at the NYPD. Shouldn’t he be happy to see the police arresting real criminals?
After all, the argument against stop-and-frisk was that police were stopping people in high-crime areas just for behaving in what officers deemed a suspicious manner — which, critics charged, in effect meant that cops were stopping mostly young black & Latino men, most of whom weren’t doing anything wrong.
So if the police are instead arresting people who are actually committing crimes, what’s the concern? According to Williams, arresting litterers, or people selling churros, or beggars, or “showtime” dancers, is “overly punitive, unfair and can cause financial hardship.”
His Resolution 91 also asserts that “many people believe that MTA rules are being enforced unfairly.” Yet every criminal busted in the act makes this complaint.
Consider this a sign of what’s next. Even if it passes, this nonbinding resolution wouldn’t force the NYPD to stop arresting subway troublemakers but it’s surely a warning of more to come if Bratton doesn’t adjust.
Worse, it suggests that progressive legislators won’t stop with their victory over stop-&-frisk, that they in fact view any police enforcement of the laws as systemized bullying or harassment.
Williams appears to be testing the limits of how far the cops can be restrained from doing their job.
Progressives love Detroit
It is hard to believe that a city as big as New York is still arresting people for minor offenses. Here in California that nonsense disappeared years ago. Issuing citations is far more appropriate.

Williams was handcuffed and detained by police back in September, 2011 for using a sidewalk that the police had blocked. He probably still has some lingering anger, honestly, IMO if police officers haven't been doing cite and release it's about time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/06/nyregion/ci...

Lapeer, MI

#1112866 Apr 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it's some form of therapy for DuPont__tell yah what dolly, that guy is rarely wrong and always worth a read__probably why no one refutes him.
No one refutes a barking dog, either, but realslime is going proselytize and talk stupid trying to get us to do it.

Good Luck, Son of Sam.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1112867 Apr 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He's a comedian.
That said he rates higher than Palin, Huckabee, and once in a while even O'Reilly for news.
How would you rate Glenda Beck for news???
Did you catch that dirtbag O'Reilly on Jimmy Fallon last week? Uggghh , he is despicable.
He was rude to the band, saying "Hey, are you awake over there"? Jimmy was obviously taken aback, but being the gentleman he is, he didn't tell him to gf himself.
Why are people afraid of bullies?

Lapeer, MI

#1112868 Apr 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Horrors Muslim women must endure:
Genital mutilation
Daughter, sister and wife beating
Easy divorce for men and polygamy (whoring)
Female sexual and domestic Slavery
Child Marriage
Veiling
Rape
Honor Killing
Scroll down and look at the picture.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2526263/The-Violent...
But progressives think the war on women is denying them sexual freedom and free contraception.
Progressives have lost their minds.
The Magic Negro told the NY Times that the sound of the call to prayer is the most beautiful sound on Earth.

If it is loud enough, you can't hear the agonizing screams of Muslim women in the background.

Lapeer, MI

#1112869 Apr 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Should ask you if you're over 18 too. Are you?
Woddtick?

Physically or mentally?

Lapeer, MI

#1112870 Apr 7, 2014
Homer wrote:
If your hair is on fire do you:
A.)Immediately douse it with water and put the fire out
B.) Wait for Fox News to go to a break before dousing so as not to miss any of your daily indoctrination
C.) Leave it go until there is nothing left of you but a smoldering husk
If Homer's hair is on fire, put it out by pouring cold gasoline over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 311,622
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr BFL 32,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 hr Earthling-1 10,065
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Thu Eagle 12 256,555
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web