Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383621 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111534 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the article-yes DMV info is printed on the back of the card. The debate is now about if the validity of the card is verified.
PS You aren't very good at this-easily confused. Last night you accuse me twice for making comments that were made by Woodtick.
Have a good day Yeah-I will leave you be
A quote from you...

"Direct marketers can access the data base."

Apparently, you're not only confused, but now you're proving to be a liar as well.

Duck, dodge and run if you want son. It only proves once again you have no spine!

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111535 Apr 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
why are people like you so concerned about what goes on in other countries when someone speaks out against violence in this country.
or how other countries repress christianity when someone speaks out against christians trying to force their religious dogma on the rest of us with organized prayers at gov't/school functions, displays of christian dogma in public/gov't buildings, land etc.
when will you learn that what goes on in other countries is their business (excluding acts like genocide) and we can't control it .
however what goes on in this country is our business.
christianity and christians in this country have a terrible record of violating the civil rights and lives of millions. From how early European settlers and later Americans committed genocide against Native Americans, almost wiping them out, to African slaves, Jim Crow laws, lynchings to anti-homosexual violence, anti-abortion terrorism, assassination of abortion providers.
BTW I'm against all religion, they're just an excuse to commit crimes against humanity, well except for Buddhism.
First, Sonic was the one who kept bringing it back to Christianity when I asked him to take a stand or at least have an opinion about Islam's slaughter of gays.

How can you say you are a supporter of gays when you limit it to just right to marry and not to right to live?

I see you are doing the same as him.

I do not do this in isolation as my friends are blogging about this and how deeply it wounds them. I am not gay nor am I a phony progressive pretending to care. I am focused on the issue that is the most detrimental.

So, stop lecturing me about how much you hate Christianity-who cares? Off-topic!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1111536 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>aidiot can lie..you do it here all the time and now i am busting you on it..
i gave the link that clearly proves my point. you have given nothing as you have nothing...
i will add these to the growing list of your own statements you are running from...
Here's a link for you that clearly proves you are a bullsh*ter.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...

You subsequently lied and said, Ummm, gee, I "forgot" about that...

Speaking of liars, tell us again how you consider yourself to be a conservative?

Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!

You are just a typical, nothing special liberal.

Have a nice day, Hyime!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111538 Apr 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link for you that clearly proves you are a bullsh*ter.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
You subsequently lied and said, Ummm, gee, I "forgot" about that...
Speaking of liars, tell us again how you consider yourself to be a conservative?
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!
You are just a typical, nothing special liberal.
Have a nice day, Hyime!
that was not a lie, it was a mistake. yes, i have made mistakes. i will make more.

i am man enough to admit when i am wrong, immediately when i find out.

you cannot do that. you are not a man.

wow! you have one whole instance where i was wrong! i prove you wrong five to ten times a day...
run along, coward. your words are catching up to you...
and you lie about me all the time. just about every day..

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111539 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never made that assertion. not at all. they can access your driving record.. they have to.
this has nothing to do with the topic at hand...
Okay, I am going to bow out as you have taken another turn and lost me.

Besides two days of arguing about this is more then it deserved.

What do you want to argue about next?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111540 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry about it..when they swipe your card, they are not accessing any more info than is one the front of the card, as my links have shown.
they may sell lists of names, but they are not selling your DL: record info.
yes, i can and have ordered lists of property owners for the the plowing of our forest service roads up at my winter home. some of them live out o state yet i could still get their names and addresses. there are many state data bases one can get some information from but not by swiping one's DL in a card reader..
True that, as I also stated.

But with name addy and birthdate__an ID theft is only a SSN# away. Just saying.

And BTW the credit bureaus can be fudged a bit for retailers with memberships.

I've never had my ID stolen but I know a few folks who have and it's a real mofo to get straightened out. Could take years and cost thousands$

As I mentioned earlier today, it was the political right who screamed about E-Verify putting privacy at risk__don't you find it odd that those same knuckleheads want us to hand personal information over to volunteers at polling places?.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111542 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for verifying what I stated. You only post opinion pieces from sites with a progressive ideology.
Why do you think slapping up another opinion piece is the answer to everything?
FOX talking head opinion.

Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.

It may seem obvious, but bear with me.

Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.

I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.

In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.

Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...

but it's usually hard to post stuff from fringe right wing sites. they rarely tell the truth.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111544 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
"the bro's aren't right wing haters"
are you saying that only rightwing people hate? Lord.....you need help....
That's the argument of the uneducated......wear it well!!!!!!!
now, now. the bros hate right wing nutjobs, so yes, more than just baggers can hate seeing as how baggers are causing hate.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111546 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Correction--
What I said is-- the quality of their news can determined by the public. Q1 has viewership down by 16%
so how's the younger demographic doing at FOX?

LOL LOL LOL

like rats on a ship that's on fire.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111547 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said CNN was a legit news source-you know, recognized as being one. How did you confuse that.
What I said is-- the quality of their news is can determined by the public. Q1 has viewership down by 16%
Who is CNS and why are you going off on another topic?
CNS was the topic dumfk__do try to keep up eh?

L Brent Bozell__let google be your friend

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111548 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I am going to bow out as you have taken another turn and lost me.
Besides two days of arguing about this is more then it deserved.
What do you want to argue about next?
yes, i knew you would away when you found out you were wrong about both issues. the ID and voter id doing nothing.
how bout we talk about how you lie and then act like the wuss you are and run away from your own words.?
wanna go back to your BS about wanting change and then running from that with bullshit about china's opium use? that was funny.
how bout we argue about haw many times i proved you wrong, and how many times you ignored that proof?
i say it was at least ten on each subject...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1111549 Apr 5, 2014
would anyone know why my computer keeps locking up on the topix website? I get a message that it is "Running scripts"
Pinocchiobama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1111550 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Palin, Romney, and assorted nutjobs. liars of the year. from a site that you nutjobs used to call a left wing site because of Palin, Romney, and assorted nutjobs getting nailed to the wall.
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL ... sonicfilterliar: "Lie of the Year Worshipper" ... LOL

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111551 Apr 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link for you that clearly proves you are a bullsh*ter.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
You subsequently lied and said, Ummm, gee, I "forgot" about that...
Speaking of liars, tell us again how you consider yourself to be a conservative?
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!
You are just a typical, nothing special liberal.
Have a nice day, Hyime!
The person is self destructive. Any good points the person may have is lost in his/her egomania responses.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111553 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Sonic was the one who kept bringing it back to Christianity when I asked him to take a stand or at least have an opinion about Islam's slaughter of gays.
How can you say you are a supporter of gays when you limit it to just right to marry and not to right to live?
I see you are doing the same as him.
I do not do this in isolation as my friends are blogging about this and how deeply it wounds them. I am not gay nor am I a phony progressive pretending to care. I am focused on the issue that is the most detrimental.
So, stop lecturing me about how much you hate Christianity-who cares? Off-topic!
Christians kill gays. i don't need take on stand on the truth. it is what it is.

soon as you acknowledge that then we can have something other than your one way 'conversation'.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111554 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX talking head opinion.
Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.
It may seem obvious, but bear with me.
Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.
I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.
In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.
Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...
but it's usually hard to post stuff from fringe right wing sites. they rarely tell the truth.
wow1 even the fool you were quoting didn't get the facts right on that whole issue..

they kkep confusing the 47% who pay no FIT (pretty equally slit dem and rep....) with people on public assistance(same equal split)..the two have nothing at all to do with each other...Mitt didn't get that. this fool you quoted don't get that.

amazes me how people blather on without even understanding what the hell they are talking about!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111556 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The person is self destructive. Any good points the person may have is lost in his/her egomania responses.
another good view of you running from your lies...

run little man...run away...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1111557 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of the Koch's "Knowledge and Progress Fund? Or the Donor's Fund? The Donor's Fund "funnels hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy contributors to a host of right-wing organizations." It is well reported that the Koch brothers funnel money through that fund and other less-traceable means. Their foundation gave almost $8 million to DonorsTrust between 2005 and 2011. The Donors Trust gave $13 million to Heartland Institute.
What?! No mention of Soros' Tides Foundation?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111558 Apr 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
would anyone know why my computer keeps locking up on the topix website? I get a message that it is "Running scripts"
to get that a lot. now that i think about it, it really hasn't come up since i put adblocker on...do you have that?

sometimes it seemed to come from the Mpls startribune site when i had that running on another window...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111559 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians kill gays. i don't need take on stand on the truth. it is what it is.
soon as you acknowledge that then we can have something other than your one way 'conversation'.
why wouldn't they like the muslims?.they all worship the same proven false god.

different sects of the same religious cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA 5 hr predators still o... 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr ChristineM 255,309
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr cpeter1313 311,215
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr IB DaMann 9,636
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
More from around the web