Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375340 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1111511 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... and for her life to be cut to shreds in full public view.
If this is an example of the professionalism she can expect from her legal team, she's already been ripped off.
But I'm sure this is acceptable capitalism to reich wingers.....
I really do feel sorry for her. If her husband had been more responsible, she wouldn't find herself forced to represent him in court. Yes, she did get ripped off but not by Shirley Sherrod as conservatives would like us to believe.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111512 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I still challenge this assertion as insurance agencies and car dealerships have access to more info than what is on the front of the card through their merchant system. In the case of liquor merchants what info they have is restricted.
It also seems foolish to put the same info on the back as the front-it offers nothing new and leaves it open to forgery as QR code makers become readily available if it is not verified as valid by comparing numbers with the base . Maybe that is what he is saying-nothing new is being sent but what is on the front.
Noted the article is four years old.
Nebraska laws do allow certain merchants access to their data bases-it is not a violation of the law.
I will leave it there.
Still waiting for the marketers you claim have access to DMV information son.

Can't you back up your opinion now?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111513 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>post # 1111338.
i knew you were too small of a mind. to debate honestly...
Your record for arguing to be arguing has been noted by numerous posters. As well as your confusing your opinions for facts.

You are in NO position to throw stones.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111514 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN is a legit news source but their choices of what to cover and how they do it is a total disaster--the public will decide on the quality of their news. They are losing their audience-down 16% the first quarter.
CNN is an international news agency/television network and more employing thousands of direct and thousands more indirect employees. There are two or three floors in the CNN Building that house attorneys charged with keeping things close to real.

CNS news a few fn mutts sitting around in a rented office waiting for the boss to call in and tell them what to do. The boss, a nephew of, Mr Conservative himself, Wm Buckley, rarely leaves home.

LMAO at your naivety.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111515 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Thanks for verifying what I stated. You only post opinion pieces from sites with a progressive ideology.

Why do you think slapping up another opinion piece is the answer to everything?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1111517 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Andy must have hated everybody.
I wonder if his wife is not a conservative?
After she gets done being dragged over the coals due to her husband's lack of good judgment, she may very well change her political affiliation. What kind of parent doesn't go right out and have a will drawn up upon the birth of his first child?( IF in fact there isn't a will out there somewhere. Seems to still be a question mark.)

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111519 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for the marketers you claim have access to DMV information son.
Can't you back up your opinion now?
You didn't read the article-yes DMV info is printed on the back of the card. The debate is now about if the validity of the card is verified.

PS You aren't very good at this-easily confused. Last night you accuse me twice for making comments that were made by Woodtick.

Have a good day Yeah-I will leave you be

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111521 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>My state, Florida has sunshine (open gov) laws that exceed those of all other states. And we've got a little gal down here name Rachel Fugate who smacks the livin cht out of judges and anyone else who stands in the way of open government.
Here, the DMV actually sells the DL info wholesale to marketing companies and such who convert it into call and/or mailing lists. Our voter lists/rolls (FVRS) are also available to companies and individuals. County residents can request a free copy of their FVRS or get the entire state list for a modest amount__$25 or so.
Still__privacy is an issue everywhere, even here, and I'll never allow a bartender, a convenience store or supermarket clerk to swipe my DL. to make a simple purchase.
I would however, submit to a national car rental agency, certain hotel companies and perhaps a few other companies.where the need is justified.
don't worry about it..when they swipe your card, they are not accessing any more info than is one the front of the card, as my links have shown.

they may sell lists of names, but they are not selling your DL: record info.

yes, i can and have ordered lists of property owners for the the plowing of our forest service roads up at my winter home. some of them live out o state yet i could still get their names and addresses. there are many state data bases one can get some information from but not by swiping one's DL in a card reader..
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111523 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
After she gets done being dragged over the coals due to her husband's lack of good judgment, she may very well change her political affiliation. What kind of parent doesn't go right out and have a will drawn up upon the birth of his first child?( IF in fact there isn't a will out there somewhere. Seems to still be a question mark.)
I just don't understand how they don't know if such a document exists.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111524 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>CNN is an international news agency/television network and more employing thousands of direct and thousands more indirect employees. There are two or three floors in the CNN Building that house attorneys charged with keeping things close to real.
CNS news a few fn mutts sitting around in a rented office waiting for the boss to call in and tell them what to do. The boss, a nephew of, Mr Conservative himself, Wm Buckley, rarely leaves home.
LMAO at your naivety.
I said CNN was a legit news source-you know, recognized as being one. How did you confuse that.

What I said is-- the quality of their news is can determined by the public. Q1 has viewership down by 16%

Who is CNS and why are you going off on another topic?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111526 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the bros aren't right wing haters. it's: as long as they don't hit on me!
i play tennis with a gay guy, so, yeah.
and it's good to see that you don't care about the issue. so can you please shut up about it?
"the bro's aren't right wing haters"

are you saying that only rightwing people hate? Lord.....you need help....

That's the argument of the uneducated......wear it well!!!!!!!

St. Croix valley

#1111527 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your record for arguing to be arguing has been noted by numerous posters. As well as your confusing your opinions for facts.
aidiot can lie..you do it here all the time and now i am busting you on it..

i gave the link that clearly proves my point. you have given nothing as you have nothing...

i will add these to the growing list of your own statements you are running from...

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111529 Apr 5, 2014
Correction--

What I said is-- the quality of their news can determined by the public. Q1 has viewership down by 16%
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111530 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! You 're so clueless when you have nothing to back your claims.

No wonder you're accustomed to being spineless and senseless.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111531 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>CNN is an international news agency/television network and more employing thousands of direct and thousands more indirect employees. There are two or three floors in the CNN Building that house attorneys charged with keeping things close to real.
LMAO at your naivety.
Attorneys don't keep things 'real'....they keep things from going to a JURY.......

St. Croix valley

#1111532 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the article-yes DMV info is printed on the back of the card. The debate is now about if the validity of the card is verified.
PS You aren't very good at this-easily confused. Last night you accuse me twice for making comments that were made by Woodtick.
yes, as both of the links i have given clearly showed, the same info on the front of the card is encoded in it. not more.

what article have you ever linked to on this issue? i haven't seen anything from you but you ignoring the facts.

St. Croix valley

#1111533 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I still challenge this assertion as insurance agencies and car dealerships have access to more info than what is on the front of the card through their merchant system. In the case of liquor merchants what info they have is restricted.
It also seems foolish to put the same info on the back as the front-it offers nothing new and leaves it open to forgery as QR code makers become readily available if it is not verified as valid by comparing numbers with the base . Maybe that is what he is saying-nothing new is being sent but what is on the front.
Noted the article is four years old.
Nebraska laws do allow certain merchants access to their data bases-it is not a violation of the law.
I will leave it there.
i never made that assertion. not at all. they can access your driving record.. they have to.

this has nothing to do with the topic at hand...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111534 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
A quote from you...

"Direct marketers can access the data base."

Apparently, you're not only confused, but now you're proving to be a liar as well.

Duck, dodge and run if you want son. It only proves once again you have no spine!

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111535 Apr 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
why are people like you so concerned about what goes on in other countries when someone speaks out against violence in this country.
or how other countries repress christianity when someone speaks out against christians trying to force their religious dogma on the rest of us with organized prayers at gov't/school functions, displays of christian dogma in public/gov't buildings, land etc.
when will you learn that what goes on in other countries is their business (excluding acts like genocide) and we can't control it .
however what goes on in this country is our business.
christianity and christians in this country have a terrible record of violating the civil rights and lives of millions. From how early European settlers and later Americans committed genocide against Native Americans, almost wiping them out, to African slaves, Jim Crow laws, lynchings to anti-homosexual violence, anti-abortion terrorism, assassination of abortion providers.
BTW I'm against all religion, they're just an excuse to commit crimes against humanity, well except for Buddhism.
First, Sonic was the one who kept bringing it back to Christianity when I asked him to take a stand or at least have an opinion about Islam's slaughter of gays.

How can you say you are a supporter of gays when you limit it to just right to marry and not to right to live?

I see you are doing the same as him.

I do not do this in isolation as my friends are blogging about this and how deeply it wounds them. I am not gay nor am I a phony progressive pretending to care. I am focused on the issue that is the most detrimental.

So, stop lecturing me about how much you hate Christianity-who cares? Off-topic!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1111536 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>aidiot can lie..you do it here all the time and now i am busting you on it..
i gave the link that clearly proves my point. you have given nothing as you have nothing...
i will add these to the growing list of your own statements you are running from...
Here's a link for you that clearly proves you are a bullsh*ter.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...

You subsequently lied and said, Ummm, gee, I "forgot" about that...

Speaking of liars, tell us again how you consider yourself to be a conservative?

Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!

You are just a typical, nothing special liberal.

Have a nice day, Hyime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 32,250
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 311,004
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Patrick 254,965
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web