Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564864 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111472 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam?
Controversial Ariz. Pastor Sparks Anger by Saying 'Gays Should Be Executed'
A 31-year-old electrician, father of seven and pastor from Tempe, Ariz., who once wished President Barack Obama would die of brain cancer like Ted Kennedy, came under fire from Irish citizens last week after he declared that the Bible says "gays should be executed" and he supports the teaching.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/bible-says-...
wow. so just like radical Muslims, he wants our POTUS to die.
you should save the hate the Muslims crap for those who don't know anything about Christianity.
Christian Jihad
Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses
Is it true that the Bible teaches peace and the Koran war? Only if you approach the books selectively, taking the gentlest of Jesus’ teachings and setting them against the harshest of Muhammad’s. Philip Jenkins’s challenging new book Laying Down the Sword shows that the Bible contains incitements not just to violence but also to genocide. He argues that Christians and Jews should struggle to make sense of these violent texts as a central element of their tradition, rather than hurry past them or ignore them altogether.
The most painful passages come in the books of Joshua and Judges, which Jenkins describes as an “orgy of militarism, enslavement, and race war.” The Israelites, emerging from the desert after their escape from Egypt, attack Canaanite cities, whose people are described by the biblical narrator as very wicked. God commands the Israelites to exterminate the inhabitants—men, women, children, and animals alike, until nothing is left alive. Likewise in the Book of Samuel, King Saul eventually loses God’s favor not for his bloodthirstiness in war but for his restraint—he fails to annihilate his enemies. The prophet Samuel denounces him for sparing some of the Amalekites, takes up a sword, and personally hacks the captive King Agag to pieces. To make matters worse, says Jenkins, God sometimes deliberately “hardens the hearts” of other peoples, using them to chastise the sinful Hebrews. Then He raises up Judges, righteous Israelites, to smite and destroy them in turn. It’s almost as if He wanted the highest possible body count.
Jenkins offers a useful thought experiment, asking readers to view these stories through the eyes of the Canaanites themselves. To them, the Israelites would seem as terrifying as the Janjaweed militia of Darfur in our own day, or as the Lord’s Resistance Army of Uganda, whose leader, Joseph Kony, has justified the mass torture and killing of men, women, and children in God’s name.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
You may not realize this but your hate of one religion while ignoring what is going on with another not makes you not only hypocritical but phobic.

Tell us again how that site is not a progressive site. Names mean nothing-it is all about ideology.

So you still are refusing to deal with the reality that most violent crimes against gays are occurring in Muslim countries.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111473 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yet CNS news is legit??? ROFLMAO
L. Brent Bozell doesn't even write the opinion crap that appears under his name but simply calls in story ideas and underlings whip up a piece that follows a script__where anti lib rhetoric outweighs truth.
Barely a day goes by on this thread that one of Bozell's, cough, stories is not link by some mope to support some ridiculous right wing point.
I thought you were some hotsy totsy ed-u-ca-tor.
their hypocrisy is more than laughable at times. it's kinda sad.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111474 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a "card swiper". Magnetic strips are insecure. It uses a QR code-the one where you tap it on the machine.
I didn't say EVERYONE has these machines. I said it is limit to certain qualified and licensed merchants including car dealerships, insurance companies and liquor establishments.
The info is not on the card! No one can get access to the data base without documented credentials.
Certain car dealerships, mega dealers such as Auto Nations who have in house tag agencies. Insurance/bonding companies is self explanatory, not sure about liquor sales, perhaps in some states__surely not in mine.

You have no fn clue what you're talking about and are just making sht up as you go along.

Only police agencies or clerks of courts can access DAVID but the willy nilly swiping of DL's is still risky business as the only thing missing for a ID theft is the SSN.
TheIndependentMa jority

Chardon, OH

#1111475 Apr 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple answer toothless, because the two war mongering, lying, draft dodging bitches that were in office for eight years prior to some intelligent leadership screwed the pooch on both wars. Without doubt the worst pieces two piles of sh1t that ever disgraced the office of the presidency. Obama was handed a total mess here and abroad, only an idiot could come to any other decision, although you baggers are over qualified when it comes to being idiots.
I didn't think that was my vacuum making that sucking sound.

(careful not to inhale any large objects and poke yer eyes out too duhmmy)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1111476 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. I pointed out no such thing. I pointed out voter fraud is real but extremely rare. Certainly not a "serious problem". For example, the Texas (a state that has claimed they have a huge problem with voter fraud) Attorney General's Office reported that they had 50 convictions from 2002-2012. In my opinion, the results of the 2001 election show that true voter fraud involves voter machines.
each and every case of voter fraud deprives someone else of their vote....

that is a serious problem....
TheIndependentMa jority

Chardon, OH

#1111477 Apr 5, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes
.o0

(it gotta be a dork worm thing.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1111479 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the exact answer I would expect of someone who championed the torture and prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib.
Last year one private military contractors involved in Abu Ghraib paid $5.28 million to 71 former prisoners for abuse. If states turn a blind eye to abuses in their prisons, it seems only fair that taxpayers be left with the bill to settle the lawsuits are sure to follow.
taxpayers serving on juries should understand that they themselves are paying the judgments, out of their own pockets.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111480 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
drinking water in every state meets the same quality requirements, established by the USEPA......
on the other hand, the liberal rathole of NYC depends almost entirely on surface water that is not filtered or treated in any manner (other than chlorination) and is extremely vulnerable to sabotage....
Bullsht__go get a real clue pal.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111482 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Reads Attorneys Representing Shirley Sherrod The Riot Act
U.S. District Judge Richard J. Leon recently said he was “mystified” that attorneys for the Breitbart estate do not seem to know whether Breitbart had a will when he died. In a hearing on Sherrod’s suit against the Breitbart estate, the law firm of Katten Muchin appeared unsure that they even represent Andrew’s fortune. Calling the attorneys “evasive and uncooperative,” Leon read them the riot act and allowed thirty days for them to “‘disabuse’ him of the notion that the defense or the defendants were being uncooperative in the case” before he holds them in contempt of court."
“This court expects a law firm of the stature of Katten Muchin to not be a party to games like this, at least as the court sees it,” Judge Leon said.
“If he died intestate, if he had no will, I want to know it. Point blank,” Judge Leon added.
Wednesday’s hearing started badly from the outset for Breitbart’s side. Breitbart executive and former general counsel Laurence Solov, who attended the hearing and sat initially at the bar, was told by Judge Leon to remove himself after admitting he was not an attorney on the D.C. bar or a legal representative of the party in the dispute.
“What is he doing here?” Judge Leon asked.
“Step back,” he added, telling Solov to sit in the seats reserved for the public.
IMO, the best thing for Susie Breitbart to do would be to settle the case before her attorneys rob her blind.
http://www.breitbartunmasked.com/latest-news/...
... and for her life to be cut to shreds in full public view.

If this is an example of the professionalism she can expect from her legal team, she's already been ripped off.

But I'm sure this is acceptable capitalism to reich wingers.....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1111484 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I could care less if she's found personally liable. However, if the estate and anyone who benefits from the event gets dinged, then it's not a problem.
Think Madoff's wife.....
The only reason Susie Breitbart is involved personally is because her attorneys claimed there was no "estate". It is unfortunate for Mrs. Breitbart that Andrew didn't think enough of his family to protect them from such proceedings.

"Under California Code of Civil Procedure 377.42. In an action or proceeding against a decedent’s personal representative or, to the extent provided by statute, against the decedent’s successor in interest, on a cause of action against the decedent, all damages are recoverable that might have been recovered against the decedent had the decedent lived except damages recoverable under Section 3294 of the Civil Code or other punitive or exemplary damages."
Pinocchiobama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1111485 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"hypocrisy"? Did you say, "hypocrisy"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1111486 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who ALWAYS posts from-blogs, opinion editorials, Media Matters, Talking Points Memos, and other partisan sites.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111487 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't have a link?
What I thought.
I haven't posted the link because given your mindset about this you wouldn't understand what the law says anyway-all you want to do is argue.
post # 1111338.

i knew you were too small of a mind. to debate honestly...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111488 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable Plus__and the bozos take themselves so very seriously while knowing that barely anyone reads/heeds their insanity..

St. Croix valley

#1111489 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
a way to prevent the very few documented cases of voter fraud?

St. Croix valley

#1111490 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't have a link?
What I thought.
I haven't posted the link because given your mindset about this you wouldn't understand what the law says anyway-all you want to do is argue.
what a bunch of bullshit. yo post no link as you have none.

you are too predictable...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1111492 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yet CNS news is legit??? ROFLMAO
L. Brent Bozell doesn't even write the opinion crap that appears under his name but simply calls in story ideas and underlings whip up a piece that follows a script__where anti lib rhetoric outweighs truth.
Barely a day goes by on this thread that one of Bozell's, cough, stories is not link by some mope to support some ridiculous right wing point.
I thought you were some hotsy totsy ed-u-ca-tor.
CNN is a legit news source but their choices of what to cover and how they do it is a total disaster--the public will decide on the quality of their news. They are losing their audience-down 16% the first quarter.

St. Croix valley

#1111493 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a "card swiper". Magnetic strips are insecure. It uses a QR code-the one where you tap it on the machine.
I didn't say EVERYONE has these machines. I said it is limit to certain qualified and licensed merchants including car dealerships, insurance companies and liquor establishments.
The info is not on the card! No one can get access to the data base without documented credentials.
my DL doesn't even have that..and yes, you were arguing that when anyone swipes your DL, they are accessing the DMV database..

i see now you are running from your own words already when you realize you have been proven wrong...

typical of you...find even one instance of voter fraud that could have been prevented even with fancy new DLs at the polls? are you going to run from those word also?
Progressive Retardation

Huntington Beach, CA

#1111494 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you're a LibTard

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1111495 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherrod was clearly fired.....
the purpose of the video was to show the NAALCP cheering black racism, not to trash the reputation of a nobody like Sherrod....
a nobody who had cheated the taxpayers of billions of dollars in the Pigford scam.....
IMO, Breitbart's attempts to retaliate against Sherrod by trying to defame her through her connection to Pigford is only going to hurt the case in court. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weaponX 315,230
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Into The Night 11,293
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,476
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr LeavesPharts 33,407
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web