Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1110232 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>only a fool like you would not understand the significance of a one degree rise in jsut a few decades...
what do you think the average temp difference was between the ice and now?
Well, let's see now...there was the threat of another Ice Age just four a half decades ago. So the slight rise in temperatures again because of another warming cycle, of less than 1 degree over nearly a half century shouldn't alarm you. It will go through another cooling cycle again when it gets good and ready. And you won't even have a thinner wallet.
I Forgot Who I Was

Silver Spring, MD

#1110233 Apr 3, 2014
You know, there really isn't any other sport but women's beach volleyball... I'm just saying...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110234 Apr 3, 2014
so page after page of blustering by fools and how many actual cases of voter fraud?
I Forgot Who I Was

Silver Spring, MD

#1110235 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean "Mrs." Jones? Because you two "have a thing goin' on"?
(cocks one eyebrow wildly... and frowns deeply...)
I Forgot Who I Was

Silver Spring, MD

#1110236 Apr 3, 2014
I Forgot Who I Was

Silver Spring, MD

#1110237 Apr 3, 2014
I could watch these girls hug each other for virtually ever...

St. Croix valley

#1110238 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see now...there was the threat of another Ice Age just four a half decades ago. So the slight rise in temperatures again because of another warming cycle, of less than 1 degree over nearly a half century shouldn't alarm you. It will go through another cooling cycle again when it gets good and ready. And you won't even have a thinner wallet.
really? where did this supposed threat come from?

you really need to stop making an ass of yourself by talking about things you clearly do not understand...

and so nothing on the difference between average ice age temps and now? nothing at all? why do you even do this to yourself? do you enjoy looking like fool and pointing out your stupiditiy?

St. Croix valley

#1110239 Apr 3, 2014
I Forgot Who I Was wrote:
You know, there really isn't any other sport but women's beach volleyball... I'm just saying...
do you hear the words. "skeevy old man " whispered behind your bock often? or are you too deaf by now to hear it?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1110240 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are thinking of Fallujah . try not to talk about subjects you don't understand, dear.( i know that would be all of them...my point exactly)
Obama really had nothing to do with the ending of US forces in iraq. that was signed by Bush.
After a period between 2009 and 2011 in which violence was on the wane, al Qaeda’s resurgence in the past year has led to a fresh sense of despair on the streets of Baghdad, where many young Iraqis think now only of leaving the country.

“It is not as bad as during the civil war, but whenever you leave your house, you can’t be sure that you will be coming back,” said Shadi Karaqzi, 23, an accountancy student smoking a shisha pipe in a central Baghdad cafe, itself the target of a devastating car bomb attack in 2007.“We are living in terror.”

“The wish of most young men now is just to live abroad so that they can have a normal life,” added his friend Ghaith Hamed, 22.

The death toll for 2013 has already topped 7,000, with the United Nations saying that 979 died in October alone, the latest month for which figures are available.

That is roughly twice the Iraqi death rate when US forces plucked Saddam from his “spider hole” in Tikrit in December 2003, an arrest hailed at the time as spelling the end of Iraq’s insurgency problems.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110241 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes...people would risk a felony conviction to add one vote to the tally..
very little risk when your party insists voter fraud is nonexistent and such fraud is protected by the Obama Justice Ministry and Reichsminister Holder.....

prosecute a few people and that will change....
dem the lawyer

Chicago, IL

#1110242 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110243 Apr 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Key word was "voted" azzhole__kinda like past tense?
You see, when folks move, going down to the supervisor of elections office and asking for your name to removed from the voting list is not a priority__matter of fact no one bothers to do it.
As a result__people can be on two or more voting lists at the same time. Fn amazing eh?
As for the dead folks who vote__LMAO that an expert like you doesn't know about the nursing home votes__or the absentee ballot votes in general. Photo ID's don't fix the absentee ballot nonsense does it?
absentee ballots are an open invitation to fraud and should only be allowed in extreme circumstances......
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1110244 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
After a period between 2009 and 2011 in which violence was on the wane, al Qaeda’s resurgence in the past year has led to a fresh sense of despair on the streets of Baghdad, where many young Iraqis think now only of leaving the country.
“It is not as bad as during the civil war, but whenever you leave your house, you can’t be sure that you will be coming back,” said Shadi Karaqzi, 23, an accountancy student smoking a shisha pipe in a central Baghdad cafe, itself the target of a devastating car bomb attack in 2007.“We are living in terror.”
“The wish of most young men now is just to live abroad so that they can have a normal life,” added his friend Ghaith Hamed, 22.
The death toll for 2013 has already topped 7,000, with the United Nations saying that 979 died in October alone, the latest month for which figures are available.
That is roughly twice the Iraqi death rate when US forces plucked Saddam from his “spider hole” in Tikrit in December 2003, an arrest hailed at the time as spelling the end of Iraq’s insurgency problems.
Check your source babe. Against reality!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1110245 Apr 3, 2014
dem the lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
It kills Flack and Galt that they can't be real republicans. Two cowards didn't even serve.
"dim"
Kinda of like our current boy president, nobama, a coward who did not serve.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110246 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

St. Croix valley

#1110247 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
and there is a black flag flying over Baghdad?

funny how you couldn't use your own words and thoughts...can you ever?

2003 was not nearly the deadliest year in Iraq, why are you using that as a measure? oh yeah, you aren't! you don't even understand this article! too funny...

run long little girl, go play with your dolls.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1110248 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
absentee ballots are an open invitation to fraud and should only be allowed in extreme circumstances......
And photo ID's solve that problem how?

Write your congressman

St. Croix valley

#1110249 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes,it should not be used by people who are too lazy to vote when we all do.

so absolutely nothing to back up your claim of voter fraud? absolutely nothing at all? again? just one more time you toss out bullshit like that and then run away from it at top speed? why even post it in the first place if you are just going to run from it later? do you get off from openly lying? is this some psychological fault in your make-up? what seems to be the problem here? most normal people do not do this.

St. Croix valley

#1110250 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
very little risk when your party insists voter fraud is nonexistent and such fraud is protected by the Obama Justice Ministry and Reichsminister Holder.....
prosecute a few people and that will change....
which party is it you t is 'mine' again?

you really don't seem smart enough to discuss these issues, Galt...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110251 Apr 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This is your brain on Abilify.
interesting how people like you and lily are well-versed in drugs for mental cases.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min thetruth 247,748
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Bruin For Life 29,959
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Emily 6,966
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web