Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,020,081 - 1,020,100 of 1,082,427 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
See. I knew you people would throw Morrell under the bus as soon as his story didn't back up your accusations.
funny that, huh?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

The Fort Hood shooter killed himself after being confronted by woman with a gun

In the first First Hood shooting it was a female who shot and disabled him

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Sorry should read--

In the first Fort Hood shooting it was a female who shot and disabled him

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

"What to do about the decision by U.S. Supreme Court to -- in the words of Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold -- "(ignore) important principles of judicial restraint and respect for precedent" in order to make corporations the dominant players in American politics?

Of course, there will be legislative scrambling at the local, state and federal levels. The decision by Chief Justice John Roberts and four other justices to reject history and precedent in order to put a radical pro-corporate spin on the First Amendment throws into question rules designed to regulate even the worst campaign abuses by business interests.

Feingold, the Wisconsin Democrat who leant his name to the McCain-Feingold Bipartisan Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002, will be working overtime to defend not just the progress he has made as a reformer but a century of clean-government legislation.

"It is important to note that the decision does not affect McCain-Feingold's soft money ban, which will continue to prevent corporate contributions to the political parties from corrupting the political process. But this decision was a terrible mistake," says the Wisconsin senator. "Presented with a relatively narrow legal issue, the Supreme Court chose to roll back laws that have limited the role of corporate money in federal elections since Teddy Roosevelt was president. Ignoring important principles of judicial restraint and respect for precedent, the Court has given corporate money a breathtaking new role in federal campaigns. Just six years ago, the Court said that the prohibition on corporations and unions dipping into their treasuries to influence campaigns was ‘firmly embedded in our law.' Yet this Court has just upended that prohibition, and a century's worth of campaign finance law designed to stem corruption in government. The American people will pay dearly for this decision when, more than ever, their voices are drowned out by corporate spending in our federal elections. In the coming weeks, I will work with my colleagues to pass legislation restoring as many of the critical restraints on corporate control of our elections as possible."

When all is said and done, however, that may not be enough.

It may be that the United States Constitution will need to be amended in order to restore to the Teddy Roosevelt principle:

"All contributions by corporations to any political committee or for any political purpose should be forbidden by law," said Roosevelt in the first years of the 20th century, when he was also proposing public financing of federal election." Teddy Roosevelt Was Right: Ban ALL Corporate Contributions | The Nation http://www.thenation.com/blog/teddy-roosevelt...
Triptank

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Highlighted years of frustration by Democrats and fair-minded people everywhere at the media and Republican Party’s ridicule and demonization of President Barack Obama and his effort to mend the ill-served and worrisome nation that was handed to him on January 20, 2009.
It should be made absolutely clear that with the eventual successful rollout of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in enrolling 7.1 million individuals, through its online exchange, as well as securing protective healthcare benefits overall for at least 100 million people, President Obama has fundamentally changed the trajectory of this nation in its curvature toward social justice, and he has done so despite obstructionism, despite sabotage, and despite the abetting of the destructive Republican Party, by the corporate media, in their effort to undermine the President’s accomplishments and highlight his criticism.
Triptank

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
In the first First Hood shooting it was a female who shot and disabled him
Your friend John Galt thinks woman shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

13 deaths from General Motors vehicles caused by 57 cent problem
Triptank

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
Sorry should read--
In the first Fort Hood shooting it was a female who shot and disabled him
Wrong again.
You need an 'a' between 'by and woman.'
Are you drunk?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You as a Foxbot are in no position to talk about misreporting of data. You wouldn't believe the truth if God himself presented it to you in one of your visions.
every big box store in America knows their inventory and sales instantaneously....

and you claim the government doesn't know exact details on ObamaKKKare.....

can the government be that incompetent???...
Triptank

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Anybody here like horses?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL!! The President does not run the CIA or FBI. They report things to the President. He does not report to them. Your premises are completely illogical.
There was no "false and misleading information". The reports were accurate in accordance with the information being funneled to the White House through the intelligence community at the time. Just try to get your head around the facts instead of going off half cocked trying to make connections where there are none.
POTUS runs the entire federal government......

all federal employees work for POTUS and POTUS is responsible for their actions....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Question: Is Government Motors financially liable for damages resulting from actions by the bankrupt General Motors???....

Was the Obama administration aware of these liabilities before granting bankruptcy protection to the UAW???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He's acting like a cocky rooster thinking we all bought the 7.1 million number and his legacy is now a huge "success".
Even when he was being serious about the shooting, it looked like he was trying to hold back a cockle-doodle-doo.
It's only going to get worse until the real numbers start emerging and he no longer has a strut in his step and he acts like a wet hen again.
But it's kind of strange two shootings occurred at the same military facility. Don't remember any shootings at any military base under former presidents. Just a coincidence?
just watched some three-star general in camo gear making excuses at a press conference.....

wonder if the poor bastard realizes that his military career is over.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morrell has since clarified his statements which makes you look like an idiot:
“I believed what my analysts said, that there was a protest. I also believed it to be a terrorist attack. You see, we never, we never saw those two things as mutually exclusive, and so I believed both of those at the same time.”
"But to be fair, and, in retrospect, what I wish I would have done, was to say to you,‘Chairman, I do not know who took Al Qaeda out of the talking points, but you should know that I myself made a number of changes to the points.’ That’s what I should have said. I didn’t,” Morell said.
“There are areas where the CIA’s performance and my own performance could have been better, but none of our actions were the result of political influence in the intelligence process. None.”
Morell said he believed that Rice, who is now national security adviser, would have had the talking points, as well as intelligence information from the days prior. However, he acknowledged that she did not have information sent by the CIA’s station chief on the ground, which concluded that the attack was possibly preplanned.
"Morell said that the information had not been disseminated outside of the CIA and that at the time, he did not find the arguments that it was a preplanned attack “compelling.” Morell said earlier in the hearing that when the information from the station chief was first sent to analysts, they were “sticking to their judgment” that it was a protest."
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/michael...
so, why was Susan Rice shooting her mouth off on half-assed information???...

why not just say nothing until the facts were known???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Fort Hood and other bases are just like urban ghettos......

victim disarmament zones where only the cops and the criminals are armed.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

An astounding 90% of Egyptian girls are subjected to female genital mutilation
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to work for any big company and see just how informed the CEO is about the inner workings of the various departments. A good CEO puts his trust in the heads of those departments to manage them efficiently. He doesn't micro-manage. When a problem arises, the department head will contact the CEO. Rarely does a CEO tell a Department head how to run his department. He's smart enough to realize that he knows less about the inner workings of the various departments than probably anyone. Do you honestly believe Obama is qualified to be a CIA or FBI agent? Get a clue.
you obviously have not worked in the corporate world, where any competent CEO does not assume that his immediate staff is giving him accurate information....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
"What to do about the decision by U.S. Supreme Court to -- in the words of Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold -- "(ignore) important principles of judicial restraint and respect for precedent" in order to make corporations the dominant players in American politics?
Of course, there will be legislative scrambling at the local, state and federal levels. The decision by Chief Justice John Roberts and four other justices to reject history and precedent in order to put a radical pro-corporate spin on the First Amendment throws into question rules designed to regulate even the worst campaign abuses by business interests.
Feingold, the Wisconsin Democrat who leant his name to the McCain-Feingold Bipartisan Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002, will be working overtime to defend not just the progress he has made as a reformer but a century of clean-government legislation.
"It is important to note that the decision does not affect McCain-Feingold's soft money ban, which will continue to prevent corporate contributions to the political parties from corrupting the political process. But this decision was a terrible mistake," says the Wisconsin senator. "Presented with a relatively narrow legal issue, the Supreme Court chose to roll back laws that have limited the role of corporate money in federal elections since Teddy Roosevelt was president. Ignoring important principles of judicial restraint and respect for precedent, the Court has given corporate money a breathtaking new role in federal campaigns. Just six years ago, the Court said that the prohibition on corporations and unions dipping into their treasuries to influence campaigns was ‘firmly embedded in our law.' Yet this Court has just upended that prohibition, and a century's worth of campaign finance law designed to stem corruption in government. The American people will pay dearly for this decision when, more than ever, their voices are drowned out by corporate spending in our federal elections. In the coming weeks, I will work with my colleagues to pass legislation restoring as many of the critical restraints on corporate control of our elections as possible."
When all is said and done, however, that may not be enough.
It may be that the United States Constitution will need to be amended in order to restore to the Teddy Roosevelt principle:
"All contributions by corporations to any political committee or for any political purpose should be forbidden by law," said Roosevelt in the first years of the 20th century, when he was also proposing public financing of federal election." Teddy Roosevelt Was Right: Ban ALL Corporate Contributions | The Nation http://www.thenation.com/blog/teddy-roosevelt...
Feingold was voted out of office in 2010 by disgusted constituents.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Triptank wrote:
<quoted text>
Your friend John Galt thinks woman shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
BS...Galt thinks all citizens who desire to be armed should be allowed to do so, without government permitting....

“J' accuse”

Since: Oct 07

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing is yours...
certainly not dealing with facts.
quack, quack, Daffy, are you related to Rubber Ducky? LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••