Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262283 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#1108764 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you, Kkkhunt. No doubt about it.
Didn't like it did ya? Maybe you'll learn the next time. lol
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1108765 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just not read them then? Why the censorship? I don't believe it's dem
You also don't believe Obama is a liar.... LOL... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL ... Have another drink, Lush!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#1108766 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
Name the paragraph and sentence.
Google it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108767 Apr 2, 2014
Stephen Colbert Flawlessly Mocks Republican Heartbreak In Wake Of Obamacare Success

On Tuesday night’s episode of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert began the show with a bang. The mock conservative host lampooned Republicans by lamenting the fact that millions of Americans now have health insurance. He then showed clips from earlier in the day revealing that due to Obamacare, 7.1 million people have been able to obtain a private health insurance plan in the marketplace.

After playing those clips, Colbert complained about how crowded his doctor’s office will be now that there will be 7.1 million other patients in line before him. He then pointed out that in recent weeks, conservatives had assured him that there was no way that the ACA would meet its goal. This was followed by clips from right-wing pundits, mostly on Fox News, stating with absolute certainty that Obamacare would fall far short of its intended target.

The clips Colbert played included some priceless statements from notable conservatives, such as John Sununu saying on March 11th that the enrollment figures would top out at 4-1/2 million. Another funny one was Karl Rove using his white board about a week ago to demonstrate how it was impossible for the ACA to reach this target. This led to a funny bit where Colbert referred to Rove and ‘Boardy’ as a couple and pondered how they could get this wrong after calling Ohio for Romney back in 2012.

Colbert revealed that he didn’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, pointing out that he had to cancel his ‘Obamacare = Failure’ parade. He also stated that he had to cancel another event,‘Stephen Colbert’s Rockin’ Enrollment Failure Eve’ which was to be co-hosted by T.I. and Ryan Seacrest. Their plan was to drop an uninsured person at midnight and not take him to a hospital since he wouldn’t have insurance.

After that, Colbert highlighted how a late influx in young people led to the surge in enrollments in the end. He then said that nobody could have foreseen college students waiting until the last minute to get something done. This was followed by clips of conservative news hosts in denial. Colbert playfully mocked these pundits by claiming that numbers are just abstract concepts and that we use Arabic numerals. Obviously there is a conspiracy at foot!

Colbert then brought the segment to a close by playing video of the President’s remarks Tuesday afternoon in the Rose Garden, where he ripped into Republicans for actively trying to deny millions of people the chance to get health insurance. The Report host felt that was ‘dirty politics,’ as pointing out that Republicans don’t want people to have insurance could hurt their chances to retake the Senate in these midterms, and then they wouldn’t be able to take away people’s insurance. He then concluded that this was all a big April Fool’s Day joke four years in the making. Seriously, Colbert asked, do you really think conservatives wanted America to be the only Western industrialized nation without affordable health care?

As always, Colbert used his faux-conservative shtick to masterfully shine the mirror at Republicans and show just how foolish they are. In this instance, he ridiculed right-wingers for constantly campaigning against the law and openly rooting for it to fail. By stating that it was all an April Fool’s Day joke at the end, Colbert is divulging to viewers the long-term plan for many Republicans when they finally realize that they’ve completely lost on this issue. They will merely turn around and say that they’ve supported this law all along.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/02/stephe...
Patrick

United States

#1108769 Apr 2, 2014
flack wrote:
Secretive Obamacare Study Reportedly Reveals ‘Enrollment’ Numbers the White House Doesn’t Want to Talk About
Apr. 1, 2014 5:26pm Jason Howerton
As the White House and news headlines celebrate Obamacare “enrollment” hitting the 7 million mark, a secretive study from the RAND Corporation reportedly suggests as few as 858,000 previously insured Americans have actually paid for their new policies.
President Barack Obama announced an “enrollment” total of 7,041,000 on Tuesday during a press conference, heralding it as proof that the Affordable Care Act is successful and here to stay.
The White House has not provided answers to key questions about the numbers, including how many enrollees were previously insured, how many Americans have actually paid their first month’s premium or how many Americans have seen their costs increase.
But numbers from the RAND Corporation study reportedly suggest just 23 percent of enrollees had no insurance previously. Further, the study reveals about just 53 percent of previously uninsured Americans have actually paid for their new plans.
“If those numbers hold, the actual net gain of paid policies among Americans who lacked medical insurance in the pre-Obamacare days would be just 858,298,” the Daily Mail reports.
It should be noted that the study has not been officially published and has only been reviewed by the Los Angeles Times.
When pressed on the lingering questions concerning the Obamacare figures on Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney was elusive.
White House press secretary Jay Carney, wearing a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, begins the daily briefing at the White House in Washington, Tuesday, April 1, 2014.(AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
“What I can tell you is that we expect there to be a good mix of people who were previously uninsured who now have insurance,” he told reporters, adding that there are also a “significant number who now have qualified for Medicaid in those states that expanded Medicaid who will have insurance who didn’t have it before.”
The White House has also yet to release any of its official figures on how many Americans have actually paid their premiums under Obamacare.
(H/T: Forbes)
The surge is creating a big problem for the "train wreck" narrative of Republican opponents of the ACA, who have been holding out hope for Obamacare's utter failure. So the excuse-making has begun.

LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1108770 Apr 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And just think, if the zionist had agreed to a two-state solution in the first place, they wouldn't be facing the threat of a single, bi-national state dissolving israel's Jewish identity.
One State/Two States: Rethinking Israel and Palestine
By Danny Rubinstein - Summer 2010
Against the background of Barack Obama’s attempt to defend the idea of “two states for two peoples” in Israel/Palestine, consider a recent talk given by the Palestinian Sufian Abu-Zayda. Abu-Zayda is fifty years old. He was born in the Jabalya refugee camp in northern Gaza, the largest of the Palestinian camps, and he is considered the Palestinian spokesman most fluent in Hebrew, which he learned during the fourteen years that he spent in an Israeli prison on charges of participating in terrorist activities. After his release in 1993, he was one of the senior Fatah leaders in Gaza and was appointed to various positions in the Palestinian government. Among other activities he has been active in the Israeli-Palestinian Geneva Initiative, in which moderates from both sides argue that it is possible to find a just two-state solution.
It was quite surprising, therefore, that Abu-Zayda, in his talk to an Israeli audience, announced that he had changed his mind. Like other Palestinians who spoke to the Israeli media over the last months, he was responding to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech at Bar Ilan University—itself a response of sorts to President Obama’s June 2009 speech at the University of Cairo. With some drama, Netanyahu had agreed that a Palestinian state should be established in territory of the Land of Israel to the west of the Jordan River. This was a significant change for Netanyahu, whose roots are in the nationalist movement that has given up its earlier slogan—“There are two banks to the Jordan, this one is ours, and so is that one”—but that still demands Israeli rule in the “Greater” Land of Israel west of the Jordan. Commentators talked of a “fissure” on the Israeli Right; it was widely believed that as long as Ben Zion Netanyahu is still alive, his son wouldn’t dare rebel against the nationalist traditions of the family.
But what might have seemed unbelievable a short time ago has become a reality. Netanyahu, at the head of the nationalist, right-wing government with members like Benny Begin (son of Menachem Begin) who have consistently rejected all concessions, has accepted the idea of a Palestinian state.
In his talk at Tel Aviv University, Abu-Zayda responded to what the prime minister had said:“Many thanks to Benjamin Netanyahu. After twenty years of the peace process [since the Madrid Conference in 1991], and after the mutual recognition of Israel and the PLO [in the Oslo Accords], he finally agrees to a Palestinian state.” There was irony in his voice as he continued,“Do you think you are doing us a favor when you agree to two states? No favor at all. From my side, from the Palestinians’ side—let there be one state, not two…. I was introduced to you as Sufian Abu-Zayda from the Jabalya camp, but I’m not from Jabalya. I might have been born there, but my family had been exiled in 1948 from a village named “Breer,” where Kibbutz Bror Hayill now stands, near the Gaza border. If there will be one state, I’ll be happy to rent or buy a house near the kibbutz and live there.” And then Abu-Zayda said in a loud voice,“You are doing yourselves a favor by establishing two states, not us.”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108771 Apr 2, 2014
desperation....

Fox News: Obamacare Numbers Are 'Phony'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/02/fox-...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1108773 Apr 2, 2014
WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court on Wednesday struck down the aggregate campaign contribution limits, thereby opening the door to even more money in the political system.

The 5-4 ruling in McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission was penned by Chief Justice John Roberts and joined by justices Anthony Kennedy, Samuel Alito and Antonin Scalia. The decision relies heavily on the assertion in the 2010 Citizens United ruling that influence and access are not a corruption concern.

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote a separate opinion that agreed to strike the aggregate limits, but also called for an end to the entire campaign finance reform system.

The victory for the Alabama businessman and major Republican Party donor Shaun McCutcheon, who was joined by the Republican National Committee in his challenge, means that a single donor will soon be able to contribute millions of hard dollars -- in limited contributions -- to political parties, candidates and political action committees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/02/supr...
Patrick

United States

#1108774 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they're all permanent residents of Shady Pines. I don't think Galt has been outside in 5 years.
"Auntie Galt" was drinking and post re Jean last night.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1108775 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I was reading her posts at 4am while I was making coffee. She was still awake from the night before and still arguing with what she claimed was me. I hadn't been on for about 10 hours or so. Lol
Sounds cwazy!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108776 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The same that Bush did.
So if you want to blame Bush, why has spending increased by nearly $200 billion since Obama's presidency?

Did you know, combined with state and local spending, the federal government spends $20,610 for every poor person in America - or $61,830 per poor family of three.

I didn't.

And given the poverty line for that family is just $18,530, we should have theoretically wiped out poverty in America many times over?

But Obama is inviting more people to get on welfare by spending even more money on ads. You don't have to be working at any job or take a drug test. And to receive ObamaCare subsidies, you don't even have to verify your income.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108777 Apr 2, 2014
Rock Slow wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? How do you parody THIS?
take my word for it, it's not that hard.

GOP Tea Party to Uninsured: "Yeah, DIE!"

Patrick

United States

#1108778 Apr 2, 2014
President Bush
prevented an
Israeli attack on Iran in 2008
flack wrote:
<quoted text>One State/Two States: Rethinking Israel and Palestine
By Danny Rubinstein - Summer 2010
Against the background of Barack Obama’s attempt to defend the idea of “two states for two peoples” in Israel/Palestine, consider a recent talk given by the Palestinian Sufian Abu-Zayda. Abu-Zayda is fifty years old. He was born in the Jabalya refugee camp in northern Gaza, the largest of the Palestinian camps, and he is considered the Palestinian spokesman most fluent in Hebrew, which he learned during the fourteen years that he spent in an Israeli prison on charges of participating in terrorist activities. After his release in 1993, he was one of the selestinian government. Among other activities he has been active in the Israeli-Palestinian Geneva Initiative, in which moderates from both sides argue that it is possible to find a just two-state solution.
It was quite surprising, therefore, that Abu-Zayda, in his talk to an Israeli audience, announced that he had changed his mind. Like other Palestinians who spoke to the Israeli media over the last months, he was responding to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech at Bar Ilan University—itself a response of sorts to President Obnge for Netanyahu, whose roots are in the nationalist movement that has given up its earlier slogan—“There are two banks to the Jordan, this one is ours, and so is that one”—but that still demands Israeli rule in the “Greater” Land of Israel west of the Jordan. Commentators talked of a “fissure” on the Israeli Right; it was widely believed that as long as Ben Zion Netanyahu is still alive, his son wouldn’t dare rebel against the nationalist traditions of the family.
But what might have seemed unbelievable a short time ago has become a reality. Netanyahu, at the head of the nationalist, right-wing government with members like Benny Begin (son of Menachem Begin) who have consistently rejected all concessions, has accepted the idea of a Palestinian state.
In his talk at Tel Aviv Univerto Benjamin Netanyahu. After twenty years of the peace process [since the Madrid Conference in 1991], and after the mutual recognition of Israel and the PLO [in the Oslo Accords], he finally agrees to a Palestinian state.” There was irony in his voice as he continued,“Do you think you are doing us a favor when you agree to two states? No favor at all. From my side, from the Palestinians’ side—let there be one state, not two…. I was introduced to you as Sufian Abu-Zayda from the Jabalya camp, but I’m not from Jabalya. I might have been born there, but my family had been exiled in 1948 from a village named “Breer,” where Kibbutz Bror Hayill now stands, near the Gaza border. If there will be one state, I’ll be happy to rent or buy a house near the kibbutz and live there.” And then Abu-Zayda said in a loud voice,“You are doing yourselves a favor by establishing two states, not us.”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108781 Apr 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dumbass uninformed ignorant loud mouthed right whiner who has no clue.
1) The ACA actually increased medicare payments to doctors.
2)_ The Doc Fox has nothing to do with the ACA. It has to do with a bill passed in the 90's.
3) The CBO aid the ACA reduces the deficit which means it is fully funded.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
You have so much more patience than I do. Facts will always to over their heads but keep up the good fight.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1108782 Apr 2, 2014
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108783 Apr 2, 2014
Sheldon Adelson, Iran, and the GOP

Is this what Republican presidential candidates must do now? Kowtow to this fattest of fat cats who wants to buy himself an American war on Iran? Is that what has become of the party of Reagan?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/sheldo...
Patrick

United States

#1108785 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of surprised you were the one who posted this. Do you think the Obama administration has made it easier for people like this to manipulate the system?
If not, what measures has this administration put into place to deter this kind of abuse?
Lilly -
Carol's usual opinions not back up...
-
Angela
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108786 Apr 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
The surge is creating a big problem for the "train wreck" narrative of Republican opponents of the ACA, who have been holding out hope for Obamacare's utter failure. So the excuse-making has begun.
LOL
starting to feel like November 7, 2012.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108787 Apr 2, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>She didn't report mine. BTW libs suck! lol
Hmmm, what moniker was he using when this happened-the guy isn't smart enough to hide that he does these things.

dem is a typical Lib-it is everybody's fault that he is getting banned- no personal responsibility for his actions. He never learns.

Isn't a definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things thinking that the outcome will be different

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108790 Apr 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You'd think the so-called "surge" would make Democrats up for reelection stop in their tracks and start touting they voted for it. But they're still running from it like bats out of Haiti.

Even they know deception when they see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 min Roland Carver 6,458
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr spocko 310,319
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 244,729
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr tom wingo 29,848
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web