Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264308 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1108698 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You booed God at your convention- appears you have spoken
Organized religion that is used to control lemmings like yourself is dangerous. Thinking people don't need others to define God for them, it is and should be a personal decision.
If you wave YOUR god in MY face then accept the consequences.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108701 Apr 2, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I "bright one there"??? Come on Jay-J, just give it up for a while. You lost.
You moron-that expression comes from a comedy routine.

Go back to being the cleaner.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1108702 Apr 2, 2014
Secretive Obamacare Study Reportedly Reveals ‘Enrollment’ Numbers the White House Doesn’t Want to Talk About
Apr. 1, 2014 5:26pm Jason Howerton

As the White House and news headlines celebrate Obamacare “enrollment” hitting the 7 million mark, a secretive study from the RAND Corporation reportedly suggests as few as 858,000 previously insured Americans have actually paid for their new policies.

President Barack Obama announced an “enrollment” total of 7,041,000 on Tuesday during a press conference, heralding it as proof that the Affordable Care Act is successful and here to stay.

The White House has not provided answers to key questions about the numbers, including how many enrollees were previously insured, how many Americans have actually paid their first month’s premium or how many Americans have seen their costs increase.

But numbers from the RAND Corporation study reportedly suggest just 23 percent of enrollees had no insurance previously. Further, the study reveals about just 53 percent of previously uninsured Americans have actually paid for their new plans.

“If those numbers hold, the actual net gain of paid policies among Americans who lacked medical insurance in the pre-Obamacare days would be just 858,298,” the Daily Mail reports.

It should be noted that the study has not been officially published and has only been reviewed by the Los Angeles Times.

When pressed on the lingering questions concerning the Obamacare figures on Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney was elusive.

White House press secretary Jay Carney, wearing a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, begins the daily briefing at the White House in Washington, Tuesday, April 1, 2014.(AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
“What I can tell you is that we expect there to be a good mix of people who were previously uninsured who now have insurance,” he told reporters, adding that there are also a “significant number who now have qualified for Medicaid in those states that expanded Medicaid who will have insurance who didn’t have it before.”

The White House has also yet to release any of its official figures on how many Americans have actually paid their premiums under Obamacare.

(H/T: Forbes)

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108704 Apr 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Colbert:
If voters believe the GOP wants to take away people's health insurance, then Republicans won't be able to take over the Senate in November, and then how will they take away people's health insurance?(audience laughter)
So folks, to win the midterms, this is going to require some straight talk. We conservatives must look the American people in the eye and say, April Fools!!!(audience cheering and applause) Gotcha!! Gotcha!!
I mean, come on, come on! Obviously, fighting Obamacare was a four-year prank! I can't believe you bought it! Why would we be the only Western industrialized nation without access to affordable health care?(blows funny whistle)
I gotta tell you, this is priceless. You should see your face! Seriously, you got a little growth right there. I'd have a doctor check that out
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/3ljnpx/...
since when does the United States destroy the majority to serve a paltry 858,000--the number of people that paid for O'bamacare. Democrats are criminals and perverts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108705 Apr 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace in Israel/Palestine has nothing to do with Americans, dumbrowski. What's your solution?
Stab them in the back Kerry could use some new ideas.
Peace in israel has everything to do with zionists not just in America but around the world. As soon as people stop blindly supporting the stealing of land by the oppressive leaders of israel and recognize that israel cannot, under any circumstance, be granted control of Jerusalem peace is possible.

Blaming Palestinians for retaliating against the invasion is asinine. People need to remind themselves that Arabs and Jews lived peacefully side by side in Palestine before the zionist invasion. To insinuate that Palestinians should just sit back quietly while they are treated like second class citizens and forced from their homes is nonsensical. They day will come, just as it has here in America, when israel will be forced to acknowledge their wrong doing and pay billions in reparations for the suffering they have caused.

The solution starts with common sense and common sense should tell anyone that the Palestinians have been robbed and their oppressors must be the ones making concessions. It's not the other way around.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1108706 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
She changed her name again. Was gone for awhile; maybe she was in the hospital.
Didn't she used to be jasonjay?
She changed her name because demwit started posting under her name. Why do you support these juvenile delinquent lowlife posters? Oh never mind, I forgot, you're a libtard. That is the make up of your party base!!!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1108708 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
Hillbillies are funny dumb.
Maybe that's where the word hilarious came from.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108709 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
She changed her name again. Was gone for awhile; maybe she was in the hospital.
Didn't she used to be jasonjay?
Let me get this whine baby routine sorted out.

Ghost-your butt hurt co-hort here- keeps stealing my monikers and goes as far to use
"GhostAdmitsHeisStupid ".

Which I found as a very truthful moniker

So now you two are going to whine and cry and gnash teeth that I made it so he can't do this again.

Yeah, you two are very bright there.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#1108710 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Leo.
I trust your beautiful girl is well?
Great, thank you. It's hard to believe that she'll be two in May.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108711 Apr 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The islamic nutjobs had a chance to live peacefully in Israel back in the 40's, they rejected it and decided to live in misery and poverty forever. Maybe you should read a book, one with short words, of course.
The zionist nutjobs could have stayed home and all of this would have been a non-issue. I'm surprised you're not cheering Putin's aggressiveness toward Ukraine. After all, in your warped since of logic, he is offering them peace.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108714 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Gov. Scott signs bills clamping down on sexual predators
Designed to keep more of the "worst of the worst" locked up after their prison terms end, the four new laws go into effect Oct 1.
They create a 50-year mandatory prison sentence for rapists who attack children younger than 12, the elderly and the developmentally disabled and eliminate current three-year statutes of limitations for molesters who victimize children younger than 16.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-s...
and yet some liberal put nuts, spam and incendiary on your post--see how this works: a society of perverts of criminals. That's what liberals are.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108717 Apr 2, 2014
Chuck Todd is all over Twitter making up excuses why the Dems may loose mid-terms-none of which includes Obamacare

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108719 Apr 2, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Scottish aristocrat’ yacht couple accused of welfare fraud arrested in Florida
Kind of surprised you were the one who posted this. Do you think the Obama administration has made it easier for people like this to manipulate the system?

If not, what measures has this administration put into place to deter this kind of abuse?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108720 Apr 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace in israel has everything to do with zionists not just in America but around the world. As soon as people stop blindly supporting the stealing of land by the oppressive leaders of israel and recognize that israel cannot, under any circumstance, be granted control of Jerusalem peace is possible.
Blaming Palestinians for retaliating against the invasion is asinine. People need to remind themselves that Arabs and Jews lived peacefully side by side in Palestine before the zionist invasion. To insinuate that Palestinians should just sit back quietly while they are treated like second class citizens and forced from their homes is nonsensical. They day will come, just as it has here in America, when israel will be forced to acknowledge their wrong doing and pay billions in reparations for the suffering they have caused.
The solution starts with common sense and common sense should tell anyone that the Palestinians have been robbed and their oppressors must be the ones making concessions. It's not the other way around.
Allah Akbar!!! the towers went down and the so called Palestinians danced in the streets.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108721 Apr 2, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you only copy-n-paste from left-wing propaganda rags.
You are like one of those Foot-Operated Trash Cans. The NY Times or mediamatters simply steps on your foot, your head opens up and they toss in the trash.
Better than pushing the Staples EASY Button, Robert Parker;-)
We know, we know. You people only believe right-wing propaganda rags and conservative talking heads. Got it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1108722 Apr 2, 2014
flack wrote:
Secretive Obamacare Study Reportedly Reveals ‘Enrollment’ Numbers the White House Doesn’t Want to Talk About
Apr. 1, 2014 5:26pm Jason Howerton
As the White House and news headlines celebrate Obamacare “enrollment” hitting the 7 million mark, a secretive study from the RAND Corporation reportedly suggests as few as 858,000 previously insured Americans have actually paid for their new policies.
President Barack Obama announced an “enrollment” total of 7,041,000 on Tuesday during a press conference, heralding it as proof that the Affordable Care Act is successful and here to stay.
The White House has not provided answers to key questions about the numbers, including how many enrollees were previously insured, how many Americans have actually paid their first month’s premium or how many Americans have seen their costs increase.
But numbers from the RAND Corporation study reportedly suggest just 23 percent of enrollees had no insurance previously. Further, the study reveals about just 53 percent of previously uninsured Americans have actually paid for their new plans.
“If those numbers hold, the actual net gain of paid policies among Americans who lacked medical insurance in the pre-Obamacare days would be just 858,298,” the Daily Mail reports.
It should be noted that the study has not been officially published and has only been reviewed by the Los Angeles Times.
When pressed on the lingering questions concerning the Obamacare figures on Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney was elusive.
White House press secretary Jay Carney, wearing a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, begins the daily briefing at the White House in Washington, Tuesday, April 1, 2014.(AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
“What I can tell you is that we expect there to be a good mix of people who were previously uninsured who now have insurance,” he told reporters, adding that there are also a “significant number who now have qualified for Medicaid in those states that expanded Medicaid who will have insurance who didn’t have it before.”
The White House has also yet to release any of its official figures on how many Americans have actually paid their premiums under Obamacare.
(H/T: Forbes)
Bogus BS from the Blaze.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108723 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
Ghost, Montana, Debil.
Check your status.
The hillbilly that was claiming victory last night apparently didn't feel like she was "winning" topix so she reported the sh it out of all the posts.
Everyday since I returned you have been here blaming someone different for you getting banned.

Quit acting like a whine baby, clean up your act and stop doing what is getting you ban.

As quick as your posts disappear I think Topix has you on monitor status whenever you use this name

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108724 Apr 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The zionist nutjobs could have stayed home and all of this would have been a non-issue. I'm surprised you're not cheering Putin's aggressiveness toward Ukraine. After all, in your warped since of logic, he is offering them peace.
oh of course: the Jews should have stayed at home-where was that? in an oven in Germany? that would have satisfied you. I am sure of that. Your 7th grade education has served you well.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108725 Apr 2, 2014
There are 33 housing programs run by four different Cabinet departments. There are 21 programs providing food or food-purchasing assistance administered by three different federal departments and one independent agency. There are eight different health care programs administered by five separate agencies in HHS. Six Cabinet departments and five independent agencies oversee 27 cash or general assistance programs. Altogether, seven different Cabinet departments and six independent agencies each administer at least one anti-poverty program.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/786...

Should it cost almost a trillion dollars a year to fight poverty?

If one includes state and local welfare spending, government at all levels will spend more than $952 billion this year to fight poverty.

This is the kind of waste some of us talk about in reducing entitlement spending.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108726 Apr 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We know, we know. You people only believe right-wing propaganda rags and conservative talking heads. Got it.
LOL-another comment from the "Every day is April Fools Day" liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Knowledge- 245,130
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min spocko 310,365
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr IBdaMann 6,505
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web