Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1710946 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1110045 Apr 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> If man was there pumping all this crap into the atmosphere, those bumps would likely be higher.
This is what you idiots don't seen capable of grasping.
Man's pollution increases the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
It doesn't mater if there were natural low or naturally high levels of these gases, man increased them by adding more.
Flack is counting cars that go by his house. He noticed that on some months there are more than others. he plots these on a graph & it has with peaks & valleys.
A new business opens down the street. It has employees & customers now adding to the traffic.
The bumps from before are still there but now they are higher because of the new traffic.
Man has added to the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Just as that new business added traffic past Flack's house.
Do you honestly think China and India - the world's biggest Co2 emitters - are going to do one thing to curb these emissions? Co2 emissions have gone down in the United States and, even if we eliminated them altogether, it's not going to make a dent.

Get a grip on reality before jumping in line and falling in lockstep. It's embarrassing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110046 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wanted our president to act like a leader instead of a politically motivated coward. This White House never intended to push for an extension of U.S. troops in Iraq because it wasn't politically advantageous and didn't fit into his personal agenda.
This administration's negotiating strategy failed to take into account Iraqi politics and reach out to a broad enough group of Iraqi political leaders, and sent contradictory messages on the troop extension throughout the process.
Iraqi Ambassador Samir Sumaida'ie said that there was widespread support in Iraq for an extension, and there were other options such as putting the remaining troops on the embassy's diplomatic rolls which would automatically give them immunity.
Obama focused only on Maliki and neglected to consider any other options, but serious negotiations also got started far too late.
Obama wanted to make it look not like they failed to reach an agreement and fulfilled a campaign promise. It was very clear, however, Panetta and Gates wanted an agreement.
According to Andrew Tabler, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, "It's particularly troubling because having some sort of presence there would have really facilitated our policy vis-a-vis the Iranians and what's going on in Syria. The Iranian influence is going up in Iraq. It makes it harder for us to play our cards, and that's a real setback. We've spent a lot of blood and treasure in Iraq. And these days, stability in that region is not what it used to be."
Obama failed once again as a leader because he's a political power hungry radical liberal.
no, there was not widespread support for the US troops in Iraq, certainly not under any conditions acceptable to our military.

why do you think they pushed so hard to get us out?

and if you say that AQ has won there, then you are saying they want us there? you can't even make a lick of sense, fool. it is getting embarrassing pointing out time and time again how idiotic your statements are...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1110048 Apr 3, 2014
But I've got some things to do today. Later.

St. Croix valley

#1110049 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is whining and crying like a baby today is Ghost and his socks. You see they all got sucked into a black hole and Ghost, dem and his other socks are in a mood.
His getting banned is never Ghost's fault because he posts things he shouldn't--he doesn't have one ounce of personal responsibility.
You joining in on this doesn't make you look too good. Answer the person who posted and stop being a slimy whine baby soothing your feelings with the misfits.
you seem to be in a state of near paranoia about this ghost character you keep babbling about...

try to keep it together, dear. i know you have mad a total jackass out of yourself today but just log off and drink some more...going for a total breakdown on line isn't the way to go...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110051 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
Feltch sure tucked tail and ran off in a hurry. hmmm..... who'd have guessed that?
She comes and goes all day long. What do you have -two threads they haven't run you off yet? You do know most posters do not have this issue

Talking about being bored, I am going to be leaving this less then enlighten group of progressive shortly.
Principal Jones

Rockville, MD

#1110052 Apr 3, 2014
"Oh, dear GOD in heaven, is that little boy's arm welded to the metal goalpost stanchion that holds up the new scoreboard?..."

St. Croix valley

#1110053 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think China and India - the world's biggest Co2 emitters - are going to do one thing to curb these emissions? Co2 emissions have gone down in the United States and, even if we eliminated them altogether, it's not going to make a dent.
Get a grip on reality before jumping in line and falling in lockstep. It's embarrassing.
China is actually the worlds largest implementer of wind and solar power on the planet.

do you even try to use any facts, idiot? have you used even one today?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1110054 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know Ted and Patrick Kennedy were Republicans-who knew
You've singled out a couple of individuals, I am speaking of the populace at large.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1110055 Apr 3, 2014
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) refused last week to adopt federal standards aimed at combatting rape in prisons, saying that it would be "impossible" for Texas to comply with the new measures.

The DOJ's rules address widespread sexual assault in prisons by imposing requirements such as separating teens from adults, eliminating cross-gender pat-downs in teen and juvenile units and allotting more staff to juvenile facilities. The federal government spent 10 years soliciting input from experts as to how to best implement the law.

Perry argued that the DOJ's rules wouldn't be feasible in Texas, because the state -- unlike the federal government -- considers 17-year-old inmates to be adults rather than teens. The governor wrote that it would be too expensive to separate those younger inmates from other adult prisoners, and that the cost of adding more staff would be "unacceptable" in smaller counties.

Texas could lose federal grant money if state prisons don't comply with the law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/rick...
Principal Jones

Rockville, MD

#1110056 Apr 3, 2014
...well... good luck findin' somebody to sue on THAT one....
dem

Chicago, IL

#1110057 Apr 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives love to dish it out but when given it back, they whine and cry like little babies and accuse others of being "evil". Cretins.
That one is bat sh it crazy. I love her.

St. Croix valley

#1110058 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
hopefully that includes at least a little education...yikes!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1110059 Apr 3, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"Jackasshole Fuckface"
I make no such claim, I am merely stating as a strict Constitutionalist the right to bear arms does not mean the right to own a gun.
Personally I hope you shoot yourself.
Yea Homer, old senile retarded Eed always makes up what ever he wants something to mean. He wants so bad to fit in or have something useful to add, but the only ones that ever answer his nonsense are the ones he pisses off.. But I second the..."I hope you shoot yourself" motion.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1110060 Apr 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to be in a state of near paranoia about this ghost character you keep babbling about...
try to keep it together, dear. i know you have mad a total jackass out of yourself today but just log off and drink some more...going for a total breakdown on line isn't the way to go...
She's losing it for sure. Seeing ghosts in her closets; ghosts everywhere, under the bed, in the backyard, under the sofa....
Principal Jones

Rockville, MD

#1110061 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
I find myself looking at your ass a lot, and NOT for the reasons I normally would...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1110062 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is whining and crying like a baby today is Ghost and his socks. You see they all got sucked into a black hole and Ghost, dem and his other socks are in a mood.
His getting banned is never Ghost's fault because he posts things he shouldn't--he doesn't have one ounce of personal responsibility.
You joining in on this doesn't make you look too good. Answer the person who posted and stop being a slimy whine baby soothing your feelings with the misfits.
Looks like if we all talk about her and ignore her she might just light her fkn hair on fire and kill herself. Very touchy about USA talking about her.

Hee hee.

Careful not to show your belly to a lion.

St. Croix valley

#1110063 Apr 3, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example [of progressive stupidity] just reared its ugly head in Plymouth, Michigan, where the locality’s high school is tearing down newly constructed bleachers in deference to the equality police.
¨A new set of seating is being torn down outside the Plymouth Wildcats varsity boys' baseball field, not long before the season begins, because the fields for boys' and girls' athletics must be equal.
A group of parents raised money for a raised seating deck by the field, as it was hard to see the games through a chain-link fence. The parents even did the installation themselves, and also paid for a new scoreboard.
So what happened? Some unnamed malcontent lodged a complaint with the feral government, at which point U.S Education Department Office for Civil Rights’ overlords decreed that the seating must go. Ain’t equality grand?¨
shouldn't that school district administrator have known about this regulation?

some people just can't do their jobs...guess he won't have a job for long...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110064 Apr 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in an awkward position to be making demands, dumb hillbilly.
What with me about to dry fk your azzhole and all.
I know you hate women and have fantasies about raping them. Ghost, you told me that bluntly one day.

And daffy and useless thinks you are someone to hang with. Some people are slow
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110065 Apr 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me dumbo, More than likely he is a by-product of the Bush Cheney lie induced war. The shooter was a victim of that Iraq war blunder and had Post traumatic Stress of course a draft dodging idiot like you and most of the baggers on here don't have a clue.
the shooter was a loser Puerto Rican truck driver who spent his life in the Army without advancing at all....like you, dirtbag......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110066 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wanted our president to act like a leader instead of a politically motivated coward. This White House never intended to push for an extension of U.S. troops in Iraq because it wasn't politically advantageous and didn't fit into his personal agenda.
This administration's negotiating strategy failed to take into account Iraqi politics and reach out to a broad enough group of Iraqi political leaders, and sent contradictory messages on the troop extension throughout the process.
Iraqi Ambassador Samir Sumaida'ie said that there was widespread support in Iraq for an extension, and there were other options such as putting the remaining troops on the embassy's diplomatic rolls which would automatically give them immunity.
Obama focused only on Maliki and neglected to consider any other options, but serious negotiations also got started far too late.
Obama wanted to make it look not like they failed to reach an agreement and fulfilled a campaign promise. It was very clear, however, Panetta and Gates wanted an agreement.
According to Andrew Tabler, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, "It's particularly troubling because having some sort of presence there would have really facilitated our policy vis-a-vis the Iranians and what's going on in Syria. The Iranian influence is going up in Iraq. It makes it harder for us to play our cards, and that's a real setback. We've spent a lot of blood and treasure in Iraq. And these days, stability in that region is not what it used to be."
Obama failed once again as a leader because he's a political power hungry radical liberal.
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." George Bush --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min cpeter1313 331,039
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 35,592
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 12,237
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web