Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508061 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1109841 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a new kind of leadership in the White House. The President's Club. Everyone has tenure and is rewarded for insulting the owner of the club from any culpability in having created an environment of corruption.
Hopefully, the Club will soon be exposed and dispersed.
But it really is getting late. Night, shinning.
correction...'insulating'...(n ot 'insulting'...it was late).
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1109842 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Ghost-who you are talking to-justifies it by claiming living tissue isn't really alive.
They refuse to come to grips with the reality of the situation
So tell me hypocrite alcoholic, what exactly have you Republicans ever done about that issue that you only use at election time like the total hypocrites you prove over and over to be?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109843 Apr 3, 2014
flack wrote:
Obama To Americans: You Don't Deserve To Be Free
820 comments, 22 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
English: Barack Obama delivers a speech at the...
President Obama’s Kansas speech is a remarkable document. In calling for more government controls, more taxation, more collectivism, he has two paragraphs that give the show away. Take a look at them.
there is a certain crowd in Washington who, for the last few decades, have said, let’s respond to this economic challenge with the same old tune.“The market will take care of everything,” they tell us. If we just cut more regulations and cut more taxes–especially for the wealthy–our economy will grow stronger. Sure, they say, there will be winners and losers. But if the winners do really well, then jobs and prosperity will eventually trickle down to everybody else. And, they argue, even if prosperity doesn’t trickle down, well, that’s the price of liberty.
Now, it’s a simple theory. And we have to admit, it’s one that speaks to our rugged individualism and our healthy skepticism of too much government. That’s in America’s DNA. And that theory fits well on a bumper sticker.(Laughter.) But here’s the problem: It doesn’t work. It has never worked.(Applause.) It didn’t work when it was tried in the decade before the Great Depression. It’s not what led to the incredible postwar booms of the ’50s and ’60s. And it didn’t work when we tried it during the last decade.(Applause.) I mean, understand, it’s not as if we haven’t tried this theory.
Though not in Washington, I’m in that “certain crowd” that has been saying for decades that the market will take care of everything. It’s not really a crowd, it’s a tiny group of radicals–radicals for capitalism, in Ayn Rand’s well-turned phrase.
The only thing that the market doesn’t take care of is anti-market acts: acts that initiate physical force. That’s why we need government: to wield retaliatory force to defend individual rights.
Radicals for capitalism would, as the Declaration of Independence says, use government only “to secure these rights”–the rights to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.(Yes, I added “property” in there–property rights are inseparable from the other three.)
That’s the political philosophy on which Obama is trying to hang the blame for the recent financial crisis and every other social ill. But ask yourself, are we few radical capitalists in charge? Have radical capitalists been in charge at any time in the last, oh, say 100 years?
I pick 100 years deliberately, because it was exactly 100 years ago that a gigantic anti-capitalist measure was put into effect: the Federal Reserve System. For 100 years, government, not the free market, has controlled money and banking. How’s that worked out? How’s the value of the dollar held up since 1913? Is it worth one-fiftieth of its value then or only one-one-hundredth? You be the judge. How did the dollar hold up over the 100 years before this government take-over of money and banking? It actually gained slightly in value.
Laissez-faire hasn’t existed since the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890. That was the first of a plethora of government crimes against the free market.
The book "Amateur" says it all about the clueless blundering and foggy thinking.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1109844 Apr 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 4000 US soldiers died in a made up war under Bush & you didn't give a rat's ass. A war with real lies.
Keep up with the racial slurs. It proves what an ignorant piece of sh*t you are.
"real dumb"
You do realize with out support from democrats in the congress that American troops would not have been in Iraq?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1109845 Apr 3, 2014
Para ant...tenna what's it sayin? HONK a doosy ...placin...' Ok feet clean take a seat came from where when was it that light travelled...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1109846 Apr 3, 2014
fat makes us fork wrote:
<quoted text>
You want your fellow hillbillies to keep on gestatin''em, huh, sl ut? After all, who's gonna pay for your hickass without more idiots to feed the military-industrial nightmare, as prices for inferior food and water continue to spiral out of control, until you'd kill for a well-cooked fetus au jus, with some new potatoes and carrots around it. You don't even have the slightest idea what's coming down the pike, do you saucer-nipples? The whole "end times" scenario was something you loved to jabber about to the rev. billy bob, after you went down on hm in the trailer out back. Now you giggle, and call the REAL thing "globull warming!" God, you cu nts are imaginative. I hope I get to see your retarded offspring eaten by the very ones you "prayed" would "save" you. Don't wait for jesus. As the song says, "he ain't comin' back." It's likely likely he ever existed. The Romans were very meticulous record keepers, you filthy, fat, drunk slug.
Folks, Sox Dimbo will be here all week until Ghost and his socks get sucked into the black hole again
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1109848 Apr 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me hypocrite alcoholic, what exactly have you Republicans ever done about that issue that you only use at election time like the total hypocrites you prove over and over to be?
You must have meant to reply to your fellow moron lily...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1109849 Apr 3, 2014
flack wrote:
Obama To Americans: You Don't Deserve To Be Free
820 comments, 22 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
English: Barack Obama delivers a speech at the...
President Obama’s Kansas speech is a remarkable document. In calling for more government controls, more taxation, more collectivism, he has two paragraphs that give the show away. Take a look at them.
there is a certain crowd in Washington who, for the last few decades, have said, let’s respond to this economic challenge with the same old tune.“The market will take care of everything,” they tell us. If we just cut more regulations and cut more taxes–especially for the wealthy–our economy will grow stronger. Sure, they say, there will be winners and losers. But if the winners do really well, then jobs and prosperity will eventually trickle down to everybody else. And, they argue, even if prosperity doesn’t trickle down, well, that’s the price of liberty.
Now, it’s a simple theory. And we have to admit, it’s one that speaks to our rugged individualism and our healthy skepticism of too much government. That’s in America’s DNA. And that theory fits well on a bumper sticker.(Laughter.) But here’s the problem: It doesn’t work. It has never worked.(Applause.) It didn’t work when it was tried in the decade before the Great Depression. It’s not what led to the incredible postwar booms of the ’50s and ’60s. And it didn’t work when we tried it during the last decade.(Applause.) I mean, understand, it’s not as if we haven’t tried this theory.
Though not in Washington, I’m in that “certain crowd” that has been saying for decades that the market will take care of everything. It’s not really a crowd, it’s a tiny group of radicals–radicals for capitalism, in Ayn Rand’s well-turned phrase.
The only thing that the market doesn’t take care of is anti-market acts: acts that initiate physical force. That’s why we need government: to wield retaliatory force to defend individual rights.
Radicals for capitalism would, as the Declaration of Independence says, use government only “to secure these rights”–the rights to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.(Yes, I added “property” in there–property rights are inseparable from the other three.)
That’s the political philosophy on which Obama is trying to hang the blame for the recent financial crisis and every other social ill. But ask yourself, are we few radical capitalists in charge? Have radical capitalists been in charge at any time in the last, oh, say 100 years?
I pick 100 years deliberately, because it was exactly 100 years ago that a gigantic anti-capitalist measure was put into effect: the Federal Reserve System. For 100 years, government, not the free market, has controlled money and banking. How’s that worked out? How’s the value of the dollar held up since 1913? Is it worth one-fiftieth of its value then or only one-one-hundredth? You be the judge. How did the dollar hold up over the 100 years before this government take-over of money and banking? It actually gained slightly in value.
Laissez-faire hasn’t existed since the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890. That was the first of a plethora of government crimes against the free market.
By Harry Binswanger__a one time associate of Ayn Rand.

An interesting guy

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1109850 Apr 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the filthy Jew kkkhunt is attacking our military.
If the VA was run by the Military men in our socieity, we wouldn't have 22 soldiers a day committing suicide. I am attacking the crack head that O'bama put in charge-the directive from the O'bama administration to medicate our soldiers. Just give them a pill. Give them a pill and then give them methadone. Give them more pills because they might be depressed-just give them pills. Many soldiers do not want to be medicated and yet if they don't want to follow the O'bama way they are cut free. Defend your precious O'bama who has always been a hater of the military. Instead of openly showing his disdain, he has gotten to the military in other ways.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1109851 Apr 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Straighten up your ACT-then maybe and only then you can pretend to have the high moral ground.

Put the socks back in the drawer and start acting like a man
dem

Chicago, IL

#1109852 Apr 3, 2014
leanne wrote:
I'm a felon! Doesn't that turn any of you REAL men on?
She has no shame

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1109853 Apr 3, 2014
Oh he one to ship...he went blackened tart he was sent off out to sea in a burning a fire and then the other he had to climb....

Was it a Promise for a once in up on and due time...

Have you come through yet there at the end of that TUNNEL that one which there is nay no more...and then hey there I SEE another in distance through the looking GLASS???

Kaleidoscope

Same as an OLD HOME SIT...don't think so somehow then too they were a send then sent and a taken...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1109854 Apr 3, 2014
Shell it and keep your thought in it..

OIL...Olives so what and then...

NOW in today that NEW...has a man sent of plenty with them...

That trunk

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1109855 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
correction...'insulating'...(n ot 'insulting'...it was late).
Who cares? The grammar Nazi got sucked up with the rest of Ghost's socks last night.

It is the angry, immature fool Ghost mouthing off

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1109856 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue who I am and what my background is- you are a moron
I can certainly tell you don't understand that word or concept..

i have sat here and watched you make an ass of yourself enough to know all i need to know about you. just a parrot of thoughts you cannot possibly understand.

wanna cracker?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1109859 Apr 3, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghostfkface for sure.
Whining, crying looks so natural on you baggers. I dearly love your misery. Yea Obama. Things are shaping up even for the midterms, you morons are your own worst enemies. I for see Mass suicides on the right coming, adios losers.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1109861 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
There, there Ghost. You live in a glass house. You are in no position to throw stones
Interesting hillbilly tactic.
Let me see....EVERYONE is the same person?
I'm not saying it's wearing thin, DUI addict. But the plausibility of it all is clearly making you look more like THE sock than ANYBODY else.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1109862 Apr 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't do this to hurt or embarrass the dumb hillbilly. She needs to accept The Lord Jesus Christ as her savior or she's fkd in the azz.
I bet you are getting all the action you can stand at California and 26th. It's no secret you have been posting for two weeks from the county jail.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1109863 Apr 3, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>If the VA was run by the Military men in our socieity, we wouldn't have 22 soldiers a day committing suicide. I am attacking the crack head that O'bama put in charge-the directive from the O'bama administration to medicate our soldiers. Just give them a pill. Give them a pill and then give them methadone. Give them more pills because they might be depressed-just give them pills. Many soldiers do not want to be medicated and yet if they don't want to follow the O'bama way they are cut free. Defend your precious O'bama who has always been a hater of the military. Instead of openly showing his disdain, he has gotten to the military in other ways.
Don't speak to me you filthy domestic terrorist pig.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1109865 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Straighten up your ACT-then maybe and only then you can pretend to have the high moral ground.
Put the socks back in the drawer and start acting like a man
Oh, ok I'll address you like a moral man. Go fk yourself you ditch heaving b1tch. Now go take your meds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min YeahPhart 32,814
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 313,638
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web