Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395459 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1108850 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon, noted climatologist fktard.
you need to come back to that thread, paco!! we enjoy reading your idiotic posts trying to support an agenda that you have absolutely no understanding of, short skirt.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108851 Apr 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I looked at the Constitution. Your part seems to be missing.
What Constitution are you looking at?
Strange when it clearly stated

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1108852 Apr 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name just one person, citizen or otherwise, that has died because they were uninsured?
Well, my grandmother, both my grandfathers for a start--and they had insurance, not to mention the 45,000 or so a year. Now, just quietly go to your corner and grovel because we are getting rid of another passive/aggressive whiner at the moment.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108853 Apr 2, 2014
Nothing to see here...

Chicago experienced coldest 4 months on record...

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/01/its-off...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1108855 Apr 2, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the world is your common sense?
lol! Reich whiner 'common sense' supersedes the US Constitution?

Yup, I'm sure that's how you people see things.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1108856 Apr 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you and the work you do.
work is something only dem's ugly wife is familiar with in his household. that's why she owns the only automobile that isn't a gas guzzling antique.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108857 Apr 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess You are wrong again ...
maybe "Auntie Galt" will assist
Bush signs landmark Medicare bill into law - Father of Obamacare ?
President Bush:'Giving older Americans better choices'
Monday, December 8, 2003 Posted: 1:23 PM EST
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- President Bush on Monday signed into law landmark Medicare reform legislation that includes prescription drug benefits and has sparked a bitter fight between opponents and supporters.
Speaking at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, Bush characterized the measure as "the greatest advance in health care coverage for America's seniors since the founding of Medicare."
Backers say the $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act will provide much-needed help for the nation's 40 million senior citizens to buy medications; critics say it is a giveaway to drug makers and insurance companies and a prelude to the dismantling of the program.(Interactive: Prescription coverage)
"Our government," Bush said, "is finally bringing prescription drug coverage to the seniors of America."
"With this law, we're giving older Americans better choices and more control over their health care, so they can receive the modern medical care they deserve," he said.
In addition to the prescription drug benefits, the measure provides billions of dollars in subsidies to insurance companies and health maintenance organizations, and takes the first step toward allowing private plans to compete with Medicare.(Interactive: Prescription for change)
It is the largest expansion of Medicare since the program was created in 1965, though most of its provisions won't take effect for several years. The drug benefit, for example, does not take effect until 2006. Before that, seniors will be able to purchase a discount card that could provide a 10 to 25 percent off prescription drugs.
"Our nation has made a promise, a solemn promise, to America's seniors," Bush said. "We have pledged to help our citizens find affordable medical care in the later years of life."
"These reforms are the act of a vibrant and compassionate government," Bush said.
Bush was great ... You seem not a republican
Do you know the difference between a $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act to help the elderly afford life-saving medications that was supported by both parties and a multi-trillion dollar health care law that was passed by a strictly partisan vote creating unnecessary confusion and upheaval so one president can have his "legacy"?

Medications for the elderly - passed by both parties -$400 billion.
ObamaCare - strictly Democratic vote using back room deals -$2 trillion and counting.

We won't even go into the lies and deception or if it's even going to work or not. According to Harry Reid, it's just the first step toward single-payer. They have to create enough confusion so we will surrender.

Surely, even you can see the difference.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108858 Apr 2, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again dumbass! I support the freedom of those who choose to use contraception to plan their families, a freedom that Hobby Lobby seeks to deny their employees. Here's a little tidbit that demonstrates Hobby Lobby's and the Green family's hypocrisy;
The company's 401(k) plan for employees had $73 million invested companies that make the emergency contraception pills, intrauterine devices and drugs used for abortions, according to documents filed with the Department of Labor in 2012. The companies invested in by multiple mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Pfizer and Bayer. Some of the funds also invested in Aetna and Humana, insurance companies that provide plans covering contraception.
That plus the fact that much if not most of the ugly crap they sell in their stores come from China whose population control policies include forced abortions.
You're an idiot!
Hobby Lobby employees are free to use contraceptives and have abortions.....

Dupie is a liar......

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108859 Apr 2, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
I am such a good liar.
Benghazi was due to a video!
Liberals think moslems are stupid. They think moslems watch Utube in their caves. Liberals think moslems are so stupid that they don't plan anything. Liberals thought they would never be caught lying about violent moslems.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108860 Apr 2, 2014
Nancy Pelosoi flushes Obamakkkare...

"...Tuesday afternoon, she appeared hesitant to make the law the central plank in her party’s push to win in 2014, telling reporters that “while we’re proud of the Affordable Care Act, we now pivot to jobs.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/01/pelosi-wont...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1108862 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange how they both sound so similar-wouldn't you say
No, they don't sound similar at all, Goober. What else did you want me to say?

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1108863 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you want to blame Bush, why has spending increased by nearly $200 billion since Obama's presidency?
Did you know, combined with state and local spending, the federal government spends $20,610 for every poor person in America - or $61,830 per poor family of three.
I didn't.
And given the poverty line for that family is just $18,530, we should have theoretically wiped out poverty in America many times over?
But Obama is inviting more people to get on welfare by spending even more money on ads. You don't have to be working at any job or take a drug test. And to receive ObamaCare subsidies, you don't even have to verify your income.
If Carol's neighbor was struggling and having trouble putting three meals a day on the table for her children, Carol would not tell them about food stamps.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1108864 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
dem also claims to live in the middle of the Atlantic ocean -lots of interesting facts dem is sharing with us
Allow me farm boy, dem happens to have powers that mortal men and women simply do not possess. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor. Already, unbeknownst to you he has converted you into a very small dic with a vey small head, and slowely but surely he is draining that small head until there is nothing left but sheepshit, how in the world do you think Waxman and Fetch got like they are? Run man, collect your pet goat named Banghazi and flee while you can. If I even get caught warning you I could be severely punished.
Patrick

United States

#1108865 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no heads up.
Case closed.
Got any new birther stuff?
Obamcare 7.1 million has the baggers in retreat.
Birthers always a great help to the Democrats
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108866 Apr 2, 2014
the wonderful gubbymint...

"EPA Human Study Subjects"

forgot to warn them about cancer risks...

'The EPA obtained informed consent from the 81 human study subjects before exposing them to pollutants. While the consent forms met the requirements of 40 CFR Part 26, we found that exposure risks were not always consistently represented. Further, the EPA did not include information on long-term cancer risks in its diesel exhaust studies’ consent forms. An EPA manager considered these long-term risks minimal for short-term study exposures. We believe presenting consistent information about risks further ensures that study subjects can make the most informed choice about participating in a study."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/215909101/EPA-Human...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1108867 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey little pretend millionaire. Take a number and I'll dry fk you in a minute.
see what i men, folks??? never original.

and the mullet thinks he scores points with this lame writing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108868 Apr 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Where's the recovery, Dopey?
Where's the jobs?
Fed chief says job market keeping interest rates low
WASHINGTON — Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen made clear yesterday that she thinks the still-subpar U.S. job market will continue to need the help of low interest rates “for some time.”
Low interest to the big banks, check your credit card to see if it's "low"
note that the lefties rarely defend Obama's low interest rate scam, which has destroyed the incomes and lives of senior citizens.....

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108869 Apr 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you blowing a favorite goat named Benghazi while you are posting again?
Man, this sounds like it should have been a dem post
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1108870 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that wealthy donors shouldn’t be limited in how many candidates they can contribute to during an election, though the justices did leave in place the maximum donation that can be made to a single candidate.
The ruling is certain to reignite a debate over the role of money in politics and it enraged Democrats, who argue that conservatives are dismantling the campaign finance system one ruling at a time.
But Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., in the controlling opinion in the 5-4 ruling, said that while the government has an interest in preventing corruption of federal officeholders, individuals have political rights that include being able to give to as many candidates as they want, in order to show support.
“Money in politics may at times seem repugnant to some, but so too does much of what the First Amendment vigorously protects,” the chief justice wrote.“If the First Amendment protects flag burning, funeral protests, and Nazi parades — despite the profound offense such spectacles cause — it surely protects political campaign speech despite popular opposition.”
Gee, go figure. And you are happy about this? Why?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108871 Apr 2, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong moron! Freedom of religion doesn't include forcing your beliefs on others. One shouldn't have to leave your freedoms at the door when applying for a job. Also freedom of religion applies to individuals, not corporations.
I don't shop there. Most of their merchandise is ugly crap made in China and I can find whatever else they sell like art supplies elsewhere.
You're an idiot!
retired male government slugs are hardly the target market for Hobby Lobby.......

unless they are the artistic type.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 32 min Into The Night 9,868
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 hr ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web