Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564124 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1109082 Apr 2, 2014
Not enough money on the planet to please Progressives and evil white greedy corporations....

[Employers spend $578.6 billion annually in providing
health coverage for 170.9 million employees, retirees, and dependents.]

National Health Expenditure Data, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Sponsor Highlights, Table 1, available at http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-a...
/NationalHealthExpendData/Nati onalHealthAccountsHistorical.h tml; Census Bureau, Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2012, September 2013, available at http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p60-245.p...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1109083 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>none of yo assumptions in this post are factual..just assumptions.
again, why are your dancing on their graves still? what are you attempting to prove other than what a horrid jackass you are?
Four questions:

1. Does the buck stop with the president or not?

2. If the references to Al Qaeda were taken out of the initial CIA reports, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?

3. If someone told Susan Rice to perpetrate a lie about a spontaneous mob and a video, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?

4. And which is more scary? A president who is behind a major cover up to win an election or a president not knowing anything that goes on within his own administration?

Answer the questions.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109084 Apr 2, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol
the 'no class' fake teacher is still up to her habitual spell checking!
psssst......i don't have any problems with 'dem'. dem wears a short skirt and a long jacket. in other words he's fast and easy. i heard that about you, too.
You should have seen the hacked up sentence the grammar nazi posted earlier

The person is a fraud
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1109085 Apr 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You've posted frequently that your first interest in Presidential politics coincided with the Reagan era and also that you stood firmly against the VN war.
Do you have some subconscious need to tell lies???
many Americans, probably a majority, were initially in favor of the Vietnam War and later turned against the war when it became apparent that military decisions were being made based on politics and that thousands of lives were being lost needlessly in a war that we were not even trying to win.......
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1109086 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel your pain. I rooted for Nixon when he first won in my junior year of high school. It wasn't until he delayed ending the war in Vietnam because he wanted to wait until after his second election that I turned on him. Even then, when everyone was going after him during the Watergate scandal, I felt a twinge of anger.
But there comes a point when you have to say your guy was wrong and move on.
That time has come for you. It gets easier when the truth can't be denied any longer. You might have to wait a little longer, but it will come.
hard for suckers to admit that they were wrong....

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1109087 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what chip? ummm... and the people at the consulate told them specifically there was no demonstration? can you provide that transcript?
Your original response was to me commenting on Merrill stating that he ignored their report during a congressional hearing today.

There is a tape and probably a transcript available in a day

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1109089 Apr 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You've posted frequently that your first interest in Presidential politics coincided with the Reagan era and also that you stood firmly against the VN war.
Do you have some subconscious need to tell lies???
What part of "I turned against Nixon when he delayed ending the war for political reasons" didn't you understand?

I didn't vote until 1980. I voted for Reagan and have been a voting conservative ever since.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1109090 Apr 2, 2014
Salt, overpopulation, trans fats, second hand smoke, not enough food, GMO's, AGW, The Patriot act, lead in water, frakking "dangers",
polar bears, etc., i t never ends and it's never right.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1109091 Apr 2, 2014
Evil rich white corporations...

bunch of cheapsters...

"However, the cost of employer-sponsored health care per employee has risen 83 percent since 1987 after adjusting for inflation, from $1,440 to $2,633 per worker..."

http://www.americanhealthpolicy.org/content/d...

Calculated by AHPI using data from National Health Expenditure Data, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Sponsor Highlights, Table 1, available at http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics
-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-T rends-and-Reports/NationalHeal thExpendData/NationalHealthAcc ountsHistorical.html, and
Bureau of Labor Statistics, Access to historical data for the "B" tables of the Employment Situation News Release,
available at http://www.bls.gov/ces/cesbtabs.htm

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1109092 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, every time I see that commercial about hungry children in America and an organization to raise money to feed them, I say to myself, "Isn't that what food stamps are for??" And if food stamps AREN'T feeding hungry children, why the heck not? It's why taxpayers gladly pay for the safety net of food stamps...so children won't go hungry.
Especially when rich people can easily get them.
I'd give my neighbors money to buy groceries if I knew their plight. Wouldn't you?
You were complaining about TV ads for welfare like food stamps. " OMg OMG Obama is trying to put people on welfare OMG OMG OMG"

Welfare is to help people. If people are hurting they should know about programs to help them.

That s the purpose of the ads. To make sure those in need get the help that is available.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1109094 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all religions should be treated equal. If you want foot baths then don't be a hypocrite and object to a Star of David
I don't want any of this shiit.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1109095 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you heard about people's insurance plans changing...
why do you feel you need to lie about this?
Are you serious? Where were you this fall when the insurance policies were being cancelled?

I still think this contrary act is NOT working for you -oh well.

I am done with this silliness. Take care

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1109096 Apr 2, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed. I never thought I'd live to see a teabagger approve a Muslim preaching on a public school campus.
Galt doesn't have the balls to admit it would be hypocritical to allow only Christians this right so he just ran away.
I don't have a problem with that at all. A problem develops when they begin to poke their fingers in your eye by building a Muslim center near the twin tower location and calling it Cordoba, or when they hold a Million Muslim march on 911.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1109097 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt's response was clear....all religions should have freedom of speech....as should others be free to speak in response.....
now your question is not very clear....do you mean "any" public property or "all" public property????......
certainly, anyone is free to speak on the public street.....
again, that depends on what they are saying.

why do get this concept? oh yes, you don't really understand any of the first amendment!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1109098 Apr 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The 74% that they don't pay gets added to the deficit.
Basically for eery billion seniors pay in premiums, etc, 43 billion is added to the debt.
Peanuts compared to Il Douche and dirty Harry's trillion dollar deficits and the app.$1 trillion a year in welfare.

Changes to Medicare Part D Could Cost Taxpayers Billions

Brandon Arnold
March 3, 2014

Since Medicare Part Dís creation in 2003, National Taxpayers Union has expressed concerns about its impact on the federal budget. The program, which instituted a prescription drug benefit for Medicare, cost $55 billion in 2012 Ė a hefty price tag, yet much less than original projections that suggested it would saddle taxpayers with a $123 billion burden.

Itís encouraging (and extremely rare) to see a federal program defy the trend and actually come in well below the cost forecasts. Unfortunately, recent actions by the Obama Administration could take Part D in the wrong direction. In approximately 700 pages of text, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed wholesale changes that could reduce options within the program, increase premiums, cancel or significantly alter millions of existing plans, and force taxpayers to shell out more. In fact, a study by the Milliman actuarial firm concluded that Part D would cost an additional $1.6 billion per year if the rules are adopted.

Dems voted for it at any rate, no republicans have ever voted for Il Douche's spending.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1109099 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many Americans, probably a majority, were initially in favor of the Vietnam War and later turned against the war when it became apparent that military decisions were being made based on politics and that thousands of lives were being lost needlessly in a war that we were not even trying to win.......
I don't think there would have been many people favoring the Viet Nam war before it ended.

Where is the issue coming from?

St. Croix valley

#1109100 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I turned against Nixon when he delayed ending the war for political reasons" didn't you understand?
I didn't vote until 1980. I voted for Reagan and have been a voting conservative ever since.
then who did you vote for last few elections? teh only real conservatives were knocked out in the beginning.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1109101 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what chip? ummm... and the people ate the consulate told them specifically there was no demonstration? can you provide that transcript?
They is a word commonly used by persons of low IQ__Flack would be a good example of that.

The self described "bulldog" Gregory Hicks testified that he was communicating via cell phone.

I should add that the ambassadors body was discovered quickly after the attack at the consulate by looters__a good crowd of looters per the photos. How the looters happened to be there has never been explained properly.

The looters alerted the, cough, security guards who transported Chris Stevens body to one of the nearby hospitals where there were attempts to revive the ambassador.

Right wingers__just wing it__or just lie outright.

And the little dog laughed..

St. Croix valley

#1109102 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Where were you this fall when the insurance policies were being cancelled?
I still think this contrary act is NOT working for you -oh well.
I am done with this silliness. Take care
they were being changed.

why do you feel you need to lie about this?

yes, you were done long ago when you started posting bullshit...as you usually do.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1109103 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the incident in question was outdoors on a college campus, not "on the steps of a public school building".....
Galt sees no difference between that and delivering comments on a public street......
After reading your answer a second time I realized you've never been to college. If you had you would know that the steps of campus buildings (outdoors) is where virtually all of the public discourse takes place. Did you even finish high school?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min cpeter1313 315,212
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 11,290
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr John 258,471
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web