Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1685119 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108495 Apr 1, 2014
Conservative Knitting Co wrote:
<quoted text>
A lovely bit of prose, dear. More tea? They're not much fun when they're molting are they?
Okay, time for a critique here.

You were sloppy and used the same town for two of your characters

You didn't change personas

People think you can only ID if you have actual handwriting but there are other clues. We all have a unique way of expressing ourselves in what we write.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1108496 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Gunner says, "I'll just toss out some personal insults to cover the fact that I can't read and so it's impossible to debate the issue on an intellectual level."
You've never debated the failure and liar Il Douche on any level.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1108497 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying a women who is raped can't be trusted.
NEWS FLASH: The Palestinians are the oppressed not the oppressors. Read a history book once in a while.
He who controls history controls the future.

Liberal Media's got your future by the balls and they ain't letting go.

You like rough sex, eh?

“you know i know”

denver

#1108498 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there, folks, we have the exact reason there will never be peace in the Middle East...idiots like Galt.
Peace in Israel/Palestine has nothing to do with Americans, dumbrowski. What's your solution?

Stab them in the back Kerry could use some new ideas.

Lapeer, MI

#1108499 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you? One of the reasons Obama was elected was to put an end to our reign as the world's peacekeeper. He's doing exactly what he was elected to do.
Really now?!!

So if I were to interview the man-on-the-street about it, they'd tell me they voted the bas turd into office so he could trash America's world standing, eh?

I'll bet they'd also tell me they voted him in for high unemployment, f*cked up economy, trillions in debt and lies about keeping their doctors and insurance plans, too, right?

You're on the dark side of the moon, doodette.

I didn't know Stupid was a breakfast cereal for idiots.

“you know i know”

denver

#1108500 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the tables and yes, they the CBO to show a decrease in the deficit. Look again.
Hilarious, how old are you? 16?

"they the CBO"? High school dropout as well?

“you know i know”

denver

#1108501 Apr 1, 2014
John Wang wrote:
When I came this country 25 years ago in container from Hong Beng I not even speak English, and now look! I own my own company! No taxes! No taxes! Not like taxes. Also I have 32 year old daughter trying to get rid of, maybe somebody here need good wife? She very cheap, and a little heavy to be honest but she quiet and does a little cooking, cleaning...
Wooddddikk might want to trade in his sofa cushion for a real girl, ask him.

Lapeer, MI

#1108502 Apr 1, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of those really RARE birds, ain't cha: The Really Dumb Jew. The smart ones hate your type. I mean, I don't even think the care that you're a closeted (yet comically transparent) homo -- they hate you strictly because you're so damned stupid, and, thus, an embarrassment to them. Why do you think the ditcher keeps the retarded "felc h all nighty" locked up in the apartment for weeks at a time, where she gnaws horribly on the heel of her claw-like hand and drools between bouts of poorly constructed sentences?
A mostly empty bottle makes the most noise when pouring. Cork it, babee.

“you know i know”

denver

#1108503 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying a women who is raped can't be trusted.
NEWS FLASH: The Palestinians are the oppressed not the oppressors. Read a history book once in a while.
The islamic nutjobs had a chance to live peacefully in Israel back in the 40's, they rejected it and decided to live in misery and poverty forever. Maybe you should read a book, one with short words, of course.

“you know i know”

denver

#1108504 Apr 1, 2014
Conservative Knitting Co wrote:
Well, the highway beckons... at least it's not snowing...
Hit the road, hack.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1108505 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A....l
...C ....A seems a success!

Obama touts high healthcare enrolment after deadline

President Barack Obama: "The Affordable Care Act is here to stay"

US President Barack Obama says his embattled signature healthcare programme is "here to stay" after more than 7 million Americans signed up.

He told reporters the law, nicknamed Obamacare, represented progress and benefitted the economy.

Mr Obama also lashed out at repeated conservative efforts to repeal or defund the law, calling it "troubling".

There would be additional challenges to implementing the law, he said, but it was "working".

An estimated 7.1 million Americans signed up for coverage to avoid penalties prior to Monday's deadline for doing so, exceeding initial projections.

"This law has made our healthcare system a lot better," Mr Obama said at the White House on Tuesday, adding that it would lower overall healthcare costs.

Though the reform had at times been "contentious and confusing", he said, "that's part of what change looks like in a democracy.
Patrick

United States

#1108506 Apr 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean from Queens .......
what are we drinking tonight?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108507 Apr 1, 2014
Remember the poor woman assailed by Reid over her health insurance and smug WaPo alleged analysis of it?

Glenn Kessler of The Washington Post, who never talked to Boonstra, analyzed various plans offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and claimed in his opinion, er,“fact check” column that Boonstra was lying about her own situation.

So, someone actually talked to the woman.

"To date, Boonstra has not even received a contract from BCBSM. She has only received a “statement of benefits.” Would you take an insurance company at its word based on a “statement of benefits” without having read the fine print in the contract? Apparently The Washington Post and the so-called “Michigan Truth Squad” would.

But there are some things she does know, based on the statement of benefits she received:

Long-term care and nursing care are not covered. Since Boonstra’s leukemia diagnosis five years ago, she spent two-and-a-half years bed-ridden. If that happens again, she’s got a big problem.

The statement of benefits says glaucoma is not covered. Leukemia is a disease that ravages every part of the body, so lack of coverage for glaucoma (or even dental care, which is also highly relevant for a leukemia patient and is also not covered) is a very serious issue.

Boonstra is on five different medications to help deal with her leukemia. The Blue Cross PR spokesman claimed that they are all covered. But when Boonstra went to fill her prescription for Loratadine — a prescription-level equivalent of Claritin that she uses to control congestion brought on by chemotherapy — she was told that Loratadine is not covered. She has not yet attempted to restock any of her other meds but she is already having to come with strategies to deal with that problem.

The “fact checkers” didn’t report any of this. All they did was add up premiums and out-of-pocket limits, and conclude on that basis that a woman whose life in danger — and whose excellent insurance has just been replaced by a nightmare collection of uncertainties — was a liar. Boonstra relayed through Hagerstrom that throughout this entire hulabaloo, no journalist has asked her about any of the issues detailed here.

http://blogs.detroitnews.com/politics/2014/03...

Lapeer, MI

#1108508 Apr 1, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text> ...C ....A seems a success!
Obama touts high healthcare enrolment after deadline
President Barack Obama: "The Affordable Care Act is here to stay"
US President Barack Obama says his embattled signature healthcare programme is "here to stay" after more than 7 million Americans signed up.
He told reporters the law, nicknamed Obamacare, represented progress and benefitted the economy.
Mr Obama also lashed out at repeated conservative efforts to repeal or defund the law, calling it "troubling".
There would be additional challenges to implementing the law, he said, but it was "working".
An estimated 7.1 million Americans signed up for coverage to avoid penalties prior to Monday's deadline for doing so, exceeding initial projections.
"This law has made our healthcare system a lot better," Mr Obama said at the White House on Tuesday, adding that it would lower overall healthcare costs.
Though the reform had at times been "contentious and confusing", he said, "that's part of what change looks like in a democracy.
I understand that you only copy-n-paste from left-wing propaganda rags.

You are like one of those Foot-Operated Trash Cans. The NY Times or mediamatters simply steps on your foot, your head opens up and they toss in the trash.

Better than pushing the Staples EASY Button, Robert Parker;-)

Lapeer, MI

#1108509 Apr 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
what are we drinking tonight?
"We"?

I don't know but you are drinking from the punch bowl at a Pissing Contest.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108510 Apr 1, 2014
Reid calls Harry Reid a liar

First, Harry Reid calls ALL people making claims of hardships due to the Obamacare Law are LIARS

#action =share

Yep, he boldly stated it as a fact. I don't know what happen between this nasty tirade and the next video-maybe a email box full of more horror stories, but now we have Harry Reid on tape saying anyone who said he called them liars are liars

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Harry you just called your self a LIAR. Doesn't this fool knows that every time he steps on the floor he is being taped?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108511 Apr 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I'm not an America hating retard like you, son.
Enjoy your night like you do all the days of your worthless life here on Topix!
Nothing will change the fact I am a contributor to society and you are a leech, son.
The day you die, reflect on how much Obama helped you. Prognosis:
Quite an empty feeling.
That's your life.
No, you're an American hating ruskie son.
Patrick

United States

#1108512 Apr 1, 2014
Asian stocks rose, with the regional benchmark index extending its winning streak to a sixth day, after an increase in U.S. manufacturing boosted optimism about growth in the world’s biggest economy.
Patrick

United States

#1108513 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're an American hating ruskie son.
on UK National Health Insurance ?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108514 Apr 1, 2014
Remember Leland Yee- the anti-gun /gun trafficking state senator arrested by the FBI last week?

It appears in CA you can use campaign funds for legal defense.

"More than half a million dollars that donors intended to support suspended state Sen. Leland Yee’s (D) now defunct campaign for California Secretary of State may now be available for the scandal-ensnared politician to fund his legal defense.

Jay Wierenga, spokesman for the California Fair Political Practices Commission, told the San Francisco Chronicle that the fundraised money is fair game for Yee’s use following his arrest Wednesday on corruption and firearm trafficking charges.

"The Political Reform Act is relatively silent on whether you can transfer the money (from a campaign account),” Wierenga said,“but it appears you can."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/lela...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr June VanDerMark 326,724
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Mothra 12,066
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Good meat missile 35,371
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web