Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264205 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106901 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why It Is Essential for Jews to Speak Out as Jews, on Israel"
"But the sight of us doing the unthinkable has many benefits: There are a few Jews who are happy and relieved to see us because it opens the door for them. They have felt uneasy about Israeli policies for a long time, and seeing us seems to give them more courage to speak their minds. There are also some gentiles who are happy to see us because they have been afraid for a long time of being called anti&#8209;Semites if they criticize Israel." Jewish activist Dorothy Zellner
So? You being an anti-Semitic is not redeemed by you pointing out others have political opinions about Israel.

Really? Are you this clueless about your bigotry?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106902 Mar 30, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spot on".
“The government gives people checks, but nobody teaches them how to live,” says Teresa Barrett, a former high-school principal who now publishes the Owsley County newspaper.
In spite of the prevailing stereotypes and assumptions about who uses SNAP Food Stamp benefits the most in the United States, the highest usage is not in Compton, Queens, nor the South Side of Chicago. Instead, a city that is 99.22% white and 95% Republican comes in the lead. Owsley County, Kentucky is a community of about 5,000, residents earning the lowest median household income in the country outside of Puerto Rico, according to the U.S. Census.

http://politicalblindspot.com/the-food-stamp-...

someone needs to start teaching.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106903 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pigford v. Glickman (1999)
The case was decided during the Clinton administration, but the payouts were during the Bush administration. The Bush administration did not share the views of President Bill Clinton or USDA Secretary Dan Glickman and protected the government’s financial interests above recovery by farmers and worked aggressively against awarding Track A claims. Under Bush, 69% of the 22,721 eligible claims were denied. Additionally, 73,800 farmers filed claims past the deadline and were denied review. A contributing factor to the late claims were that were not enough attorneys ready to take the thousands of Track B claims, leading to errors, missed deadlines, incorrect filings, and other problems. The news media criticized the lawyers representing the black farmers, that they did not provide full, fair, and adequate representation. Animosity towards black farmers increased. Ultimately, Congress made $1.25 billion available to settle Pigford II claims, which were the late settlements. These settlements were allowed because notice to eligible claimants was “ineffective or defective”, and class counsel mismanaged the settlement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigford_v._Glick...
Irrelevant!

The issue was -Was the Obama admin involved in the Pigford case
""The USDA and Department of Justice publicly released a joint statement announcing the $1.25 billion settlement in 2010. Plus, the USDA could not "release more funds to Pigford" without the approval of Congress, and the money could not be paid out without court approval of the settlement. On Nov. 19, 2010, the Senate by unanimous consent passed the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 — which provided $1.15 billion in addition to the $100 million already appropriated. The House passed the bill 256-152 on Nov. 20, 2010. It was signed by Obama. The court has not yet approved the settlement, and no awards have been paid to any Pigford II claimants, said Justice spokeswoman Jessica Smith. "

Yes, yes they were.

What next? Are you going to post the Pigford family history. Really this looks a little disconnected on your part.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106904 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your comment that "falsified" is a legal term is moronic. Go back to your sewing.
What was moronic was you tossing around your dumb-down definition of falsified as if your definition of the term had any bearings on a court case.

One thing I can always count on is you being a right-fighter so I can point out your lack of logic repeatedly.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106905 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant!
The issue was -Was the Obama admin involved in the Pigford case
""The USDA and Department of Justice publicly released a joint statement announcing the $1.25 billion settlement in 2010. Plus, the USDA could not "release more funds to Pigford" without the approval of Congress, and the money could not be paid out without court approval of the settlement. On Nov. 19, 2010, the Senate by unanimous consent passed the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 — which provided $1.15 billion in addition to the $100 million already appropriated. The House passed the bill 256-152 on Nov. 20, 2010. It was signed by Obama. The court has not yet approved the settlement, and no awards have been paid to any Pigford II claimants, said Justice spokeswoman Jessica Smith. "
Yes, yes they were.
What next? Are you going to post the Pigford family history. Really this looks a little disconnected on your part.
so you're saying Obama was just following up on the original settlement?
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1106906 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You being an anti-Semitic is not redeemed by you pointing out others have political opinions about Israel.
Really? Are you this clueless about your bigotry?
Did you miss the memo stating any progressive bigotry is supported by intellectual reasoning?

An excellent example is how they attempt to justify their irrational hatred of conservatives who are NOT white.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106907 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a reading comprehension problem. What I posted was, "Sherrod's resignation or firing has no bearing on the case OTHER THAN TO SHOW THAT SHE WAS NEGITIVELY AFFECTED BY BREITBART'S ACTIONS." I did not say it is "nada". Go back to your scrapbooking. That's about your level of thought.
So now you are back to acknowledging that the Admin memos are relevant to the case.

Too funny. I say something, you repeat it and then claim I am the one having problems keeping my viewpoint consistent.

Hey a lot of people scrapbook and those I know have their logic more glued together than you do. Take up knitting-anything. Really just do something that forces you to think in thoughtful, organized manner.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106908 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying Obama was just following up on the original settlement?
I am saying in 2010 they announced a joint settlement that awaited congressional and judicial approval-as the article stated.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106909 Mar 30, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the memo stating any progressive bigotry is supported by intellectual reasoning?
An excellent example is how they attempt to justify their irrational hatred of conservatives who are NOT white.
Hmmm, more like self righteous idiocy

Then they wonder why blacks are becoming conservatives.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106910 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The subject was Sherrod and Breitbart's LAME attempt to tie Sherrod to the Pigford case to save face.
No the issue was what Galt posted- that there was fraud in these claims.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106911 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the issue was...'scam'.
it was not a scam. unless the USDA who admitted it's racism with this: "minorities received less than their fair share of USDA money for crop payments, disaster payments, and loans." was in on the scam.
https://archive.org/stream/441289-pigford/441...
USA lectured me that this wasn't the issue. LOL, a break down in communication
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1106912 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, more like self righteous idiocy
Then they wonder why blacks are becoming conservatives.
Speaking of self righteous idiocy (well put, by the way) here is a perfect example:

At a Nevada campaign event with Latino supporters,[blatant racist Dingy Harry] Reid blasted Republicans for blocking comprehensive immigration reform, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

"I don't know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican, OK," Reid said. "Do I need to say more?"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/conservatives-bla...

No Dingy, you don't need to say another word. We clearly remember you confirming your racism when you said Obama could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106913 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you got the wrong name
Second anyone can comment on any post.
So what if someone supports the Israel? Is that illegal? Nope, just a political opinion.
However being anti-Semitic is illegal
No, that wasn't the point you were making you took a low brow swipe at someone for being of the Jewish faith which I am not sure is even true.
STOP acting like an ignorant, uneducated bigot
My swipe was at Galt, not Breitbart. But I don't expect you to understand. It's over your head.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106914 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are acting like a nutcase. Somebody is responding to my posts -whaaa
Grow up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106915 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
USA lectured me that this wasn't the issue. LOL, a break down in communication
we're not FOXbots. we don't have a lockstep propaganda outlet that tells us what to say. some of us can actually think on our own.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1106916 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it is with republicans and conspiracy theories? Now you want to claim the Dept. of Agriculture "was looking for an excuse to fire her"? Try to stay on track. THE US GOVERNMENT IS NOT A PARTY TO THIS ACTION.
Claim? I believe it was "what if". To investigate cause and effect, one has to eliminate all other possibilities.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106917 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
My swipe was at Galt, not Breitbart. But I don't expect you to understand. It's over your head.
It was my post your responded to-you are confused as usual. You are no position to disparage anyone's comments

Your comment to ME was my judgment was clouded due to my love for that low-life Jew Breitbart.

Only an anti-Semitic would think that Breirtbar being an Jew was relevant to anything especially to the court case

No matter how you attempt to spin this that was anti-Semitic.

How do you explain your comment to me which also was irrelevant to discussion but you took a swipe at me because you thought I was Jewish.

Do you we need to put it out on the table why you really HATE another poster here and why you had a melt down when she responded to you.

Just stop! You cannot keep justifying being an anti-Semitic-no excuses!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106918 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
Projecting? Wasn't me whining about someone responding to me and you and I both KNOW why that irritated you so much. She probably does too.

Being anti-Semitic is ignorant-it really is

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1106919 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep defending your racist buddies. I notice that all you Tea Party people accept & welcome racists into your tent.
Got to watch those "inner city" men who don't want to work & those kids hoping to become rappers.
I kinda liked Eminem. Not bad for a kid from the Detroit inner city. Oh wait, he's white!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1106920 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we're not FOXbots. we don't have a lockstep propaganda outlet that tells us what to say. some of us can actually think on our own.
My comment was that everyone seemed to be confused about what the issue was -simple observation -and this is your nutty response. Doesn't even make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineW 245,089
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 47 min IBdaMann 6,505
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 310,364
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web