Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508895 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1107983 Apr 1, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen illiterate dupe-
I said "CHOICE"...as in NO, there was NO tax increase.
Meaning..some CHOOSE to purchase the part D extra coverage, while some do Not (and pay out of pocket then).
UNlike the UNConstitutional commie-MORE robbinghoodieTic TAX and FINE of the american communist act.
And I KNOW the percentages of the TAXES for BOTH Medicare AND Medicaide-being Already PAID every paycheck off of the WORKING class sector backs.
So--GIVE US OUR CREDIT for the TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY (drained dry) Payments-irresponsible, GREEDY big brotha grubber.
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmy.
You act as though the premiums of Part D fund the bill. They do not.

74% of the funding forPart D comes from the General fund ( I.e. not funded at all & piles onto the debt.

Choose it or not, you are paying for it.
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107984 Apr 1, 2014
Even by GOP standards, this was a rather extraordinary moment. A member of the Senate Republican leadership – indeed, the chair of the Senate Republican Policy Committee – went on national television to accuse the White House of perpetrating a fraud based on nothing but his own hopes.

It’s hard to overstate how difficult it is to take Barrasso’s complaints seriously. For one thing, note the extent to which the far-right senator wants to have it both ways. When enrollment totals were low, Barrasso said the figures were very important. When enrollment totals surged, Barrasso said the figures don’t mean anything. At least some form of intellectual consistency would be a welcome change of pace, but it’s apparently in short supply.

For another, there’s literally no evidence to suggest the enrollment totals are illegitimate or have been “cooked” for political purposes. For a Senate leader to make such a reckless accusation out of frustration – a U.S. senator is apparently annoyed by American consumers gaining access to affordable medical care – is deeply irresponsible.

To be sure, there are reasons to keep the champagne on ice. The political world is understandably invested in knowing just how many folks sign up for coverage, but we don’t yet know how many of these new consumers will pay their premiums and keep their coverage. Also, as Kaiser’s Drew Altman explained last week, watching the enrollment thresholds shouldn’t obscure related questions about cost, quality, and duration, the answers to which will come in time.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1107985 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
No sh it, dumbfk.
My advice was to you. You seem like a gun nut that would piss himself firing your gun erratically. You pull your gun and fire, killing an innocent kid, and you open yourself to a whole other world of problems. But hey you just missed killing the bad guy. Kudos.
Dumbass, I could field strip an M-1 Garand at 12 years old. Hit an innocent kid? What do you think it was, a drive by?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1107986 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning little old diaper clad azzhole.
It is never a good morning in Liberalland. It is always nightfall.

But just wait until this coming Autumn. The Sun also rises:)
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1107987 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>

It amazes me how many on here don't question what they're being told even now.
The handful of reasonably intelligent democrats know this is just more contrived crap by the regime.

No different than the unemployment number's miraculous recovery just prior to the '12 election.
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107988 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how many of the over 5 million who had insurance but whose policies were cancelled signed up on the exchanges. They can't count those who were already insured twice.
All I know is this administration should make all of us feel a little stupid. They tell us lies and then expect us to believe everything they say just because they say it without any data or proof that what they say is true.
It amazes me how many on here don't question what they're being told even now.
Especially when the public is acutely aware they have LIED in the past

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1107989 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
leosanus is fool of sh it.
"fool"??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1107990 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
He had a slight bit of humor
Ghost is stodgy and bitter-it just isn't the same
Yea me, I'm the most popular person on topix.. Uh huh, uh huh, that's right, that's right.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1107991 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> pretty sure he was referring to next of kin, but...when you look at the real story, no suit will be filed. pulling a gun on a LEO is perfectly good reason for them to put three rounds into you...
Yea, I know. That would be the one and only time they would own up to him as a father.

Lapeer, MI

#1107992 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna fk my meat flab?
Soliciting on social networks is just about your speed, doodette.
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107993 Apr 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because you said so?
you folks who've lost the right wing narrative on the ACA are a real hoot. you need to just face the fact that it worked and that it's not ever going away.
funny thing is...if it had been a republican who phased it in you'd be all for it. but when was the last time a major republican program actually worked? so, it had to be a democrat who got the job done.
Because you say so?
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107994 Apr 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Who verified the ¨7 million¨ sign up number?

¨Two anonymous White House sources.¨
Crying and lying will not repeal the ACA.
But it does give me something else to terrorize you frightened old people with.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1107995 Apr 1, 2014
flack wrote:
How Is Medicare Financed?
Medicare is funded primarily from three sources: general revenues (40%), payroll tax contributions (38%), and beneficiary premiums (13%)(Figure 3):
Figure 3. Estimated Sources of Medicare Revenue, 2012
Figure 3. Estimated Sources of Medicare Revenue, 2012
Part A is financed primarily through a 2.9% tax on earnings paid by employers and employees (1.45% each)(accounting for 86% of Part A revenue). For higher-income taxpayers (more than $200,000/individual and $250,000/couple), the payroll tax on earnings increases by 0.9 percentage points, from 1.45% to 2.35%, in 2013.
Part B is financed through general revenues (72%), beneficiary premiums (25%), and interest and other sources (3%). Beneficiaries with annual incomes over $85,000/individual or $170,000/couple pay a higher, income-related Part B premium reflecting a larger share of total Part B spending, ranging from 35% to 80%; the ACA froze the income thresholds through 2019, which is expected to increase the share of beneficiaries paying the higher Part B premium.
Part D is financed through general revenues (74%), beneficiary premiums (13%), and state payments for dual eligibles (13%). Similar to Part B, enrollees with higher incomes pay a larger share of the cost of Part D coverage.
i.e. 74% of part D was never funded but just taken from the general fund.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1107996 Apr 1, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist...

"Carbon dioxide (CO2) does not seriously affect human health until the CO2 content of the air reaches approximately 15,000 ppm (Luft et al., 1974; Schaefer, 1982), more than 37 times greater than the
current concentration of atmospheric CO2."

http://heartland.org/media-library/pdfs/CCR-I...

Luft, U.C., Finkelstein, S., and Elliot, J.C. 1974.
Respiratory gas exchange, acid-base balance, and
electrolytes during and after maximal work breathing
15 mm Hg PICO2. In: Nahas, G. and Schaefer, K.E.(Eds.)
Carbon Dioxide and Metabolic Regulations
. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, pp. 273281
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107997 Apr 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Who verified the 7 million sign up number?
Two anonymous White House sources.
who unverified it? two anonymous FOX sources?

i've never seen a site write more stories on the back of anonymous sources. Benghazi in particular.

Lapeer, MI

#1107998 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Brian Williams predicting imminent flooding
Brian Williams.....isn't he another world renowned scientist like the great fatass Algore, Jr.?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1107999 Apr 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
Kerry runs to Israel again--for the 12th time: "The U.S. is trying to force Israel to release Arab terrorist murderers including Israeli Arab terrorists from its prisons in order to maintain a peace process whose phoniness is exposed by the very request.
Let's hope Kerry allows the terrorists to go to Santa Barbara, California. Joan never met a terrorist she didn't like: so I suggest she sponsors a few.
It's more like israel is trying to force the United States to release convicted spy Jonathan Pollard in return for any israeli concessions in the peace talks with the Palestinians. I'm sure you'll make room for him in your home.

"If the Netanyahu government could win Pollards release, which many Israeli leaders have failed to do over the years, it could insulate him from political blow back if the prisoners are released and the Palestinian talks fall through." Anyone who believes israel won't renege on their promises the minute Pollard is released is living in a fantasy world.

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/dershowitz-p...
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1108000 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Then change the GD bill so it does not cover soft drinks.. Don't cut funding to the program.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
Says the person who argued that ACA was fully funded for a couple hours this morning
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1108001 Apr 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Who verified the 7 million sign up number?
Two anonymous White House sources.
Ribbit, ribbit.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108002 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the disgraced journalists go work at fox.
Dan Rather...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 min AnyonePhartss 32,820
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 313,659
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... 14 hr BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web