Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581827 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1108036 Apr 1, 2014
Durbin Criticizes Free Enterprise:'Created Unfairness and Injustice'
April 1, 2014 - 11:51 AM
By Susan Jones

( CNSNews.com )- In a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said free enterprise isn't always best. Government must step in.

"The free enterprise system is a strong system," he said, but it "created unfairness and injustice when it came to health care, which we are addressing with this Affordable Care Act."

In passing that law, Durbin said Democrats "rejected the free enterprise approach to health care and said let's have something that basically respects families."

He also criticized Republicans for embracing free enterprise:

"Let me tell you a free enterprise idea when it came to health care. Before the passage of the Affordable Care Act, the free enterprise idea was this: If you were unfortunate enough in your family to have a sick baby; if your wife was a cancer survivor; if your child had diabetes, the free enterprise answer was, we will raise the cost of health insurance to the point where you can't afford it or we won't even offer it.

"That was the free enterprise idea on health insurance for millions of American families."

Durbin said another free enterprise idea was to sell insurance policies that offered limited protection and sent families into bankrupcty.

"That was free enterprise at work," Durbin said. "What we said -- let's put some sensible rules of the road in here...so we passed the Affordabe Care Act, and not a single Republican -- not one, not a single Republican -- would join us in that effort," he complained.

"The free enterprise system is the best system in the world, but there are moments when we need to step in as an American family, set some standards, set some goals."

Dubin admitted that the Affordable Care Act is not perfect and changes will have to be made --"but not a single Republican has been willing to sit down and work on bipartisan compromises and changes, not one. It's take it or leave it. And they want to walk away from it. And we're not going back to those old days."

Later, speaking about equal pay legislation, Durbin repeated himself: "The free enterprise system is good, but listen, let's be honest about it, in some aspects, it doesn't really reach the goals that we want in terms of equal opportunity in this country."

He said government must establish "a standard in America of equal opportunity."
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/d...
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1108037 Apr 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda funny that he would name himself Shinning....Especially since it's way beyond obvious that he isn't very bright. But he makes a great bagger.
Says the moron who is making posts using the moniker "GhostAdmitsHeisStupid "
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108038 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody left the barn door open again.
That's cause we are gonna fk you old goats.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1108039 Apr 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda funny that he would name himself Shinning....Especially since it's way beyond obvious that he isn't very bright. But he makes a great bagger.
In all humility, I will admit that I am not very bright but I do try to reflect the intense flashes of greatness of those whose shoulders I have been allowed to stand on.

Meanwhile, the likes of you can just keep groveling ignorant and filthy at their heels.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1108041 Apr 1, 2014
GhostAdmitsHeisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your moniker-aint that the truth, Ghost.
Your yapping around and nipping at heels isn't frightening anyone-you delusional old fool
You are more paranoid than Old Waxman. I have only one name fool, I want you idiots to know it's me Ghost and there is only one. All you baggers are frightened, paranoid, programmed, un-American, pathetic, lowlife, draft dodging, racist pigs. Chew on that for a while, Moose breath. Yea Obamacare, just knowing all of you obsessed Foxbots are in misery is my reward. YAHOO.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1108042 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody left the barn door open again.
He does that on purpose-always slaving under the delusion of grandeur.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108043 Apr 1, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist...

In Australia...

measuring coronary events (fatal and non fatal) and the weather...

Daily temp and rainfall were recorded from 1 July 1985 to 30 June 1990...

what did they find?

"...fatal coronary events and non-fatal definite myocardial infarction were 20–40% more common in winter and spring than at other times of year.”

http://heartland.org/media-library/pdfs/CCR-I...

and the JOURNAL is war originally published in...

Enquselassie, F., Dobson, A.J., Alexander, H.M., and Steele, P.L. 1993. Seasons, temperature and coronary disease. International Journal of Epidemiology 22 : 632–636.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108044 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>My god you are s-l-l-o-o-w-w-w.

Ask someone to explain it to you. I'm busy.
For instance, let's just say an over weight dumb as fk hillbilly from Nebraska were to offer her butthole to you? You in?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1108045 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody left the barn door open again.
Maybe you should find a nicer place to live. OINK.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108046 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is WRONG and a Dem myth
CBO and JCT Estimate That the Coverage Provisions of the ACA Will Have a Net Cost to the Federal Government of $1.5 Trillion Over the 2015–2024 Period
http://cbo.gov/publication/45159
There you go...reporting only part of the story.

Yes, the "CBO and JCT Estimate That the Coverage Provisions of the ACA Will Have a Net Cost to the Federal Government of $1.5 Trillion Over the 2015–2024 BUT they go on to say, "Those estimates address only the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA; they do not constitute all of the act’s budgetary effects. Many other provisions, on net, are projected to reduce budget deficits. Considering all of the coverage provisions and the other provisions together, CBO and JCT estimated in July 2012 (the most recent comprehensive estimates) that the total effect of the ACA would be to reduce federal deficits...The Estimated Budgetary Effects of the ACA’s Coverage Provisions Have Changed Little on a Year-by-Year Basis Since March 2010."

The truth is in the details.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45159
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108047 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>Says the moron Ghost who is posting using the moniker "GhostisStupid"

Stupid is as stupid does
Probably should put me (carol) on the "ignore list"?

Hee hee

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1108048 Apr 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you starring in that flop? Is that what you are saying?
You better stick to cut and paste. When you try to be creative you come up with incoherent drivel like this.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108049 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, those numbers are only for the coverage provisions.
"Those estimates address only the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA; they do not constitute all of the act’s budgetary effects. Many other provisions, on net, are projected to reduce budget deficits. Considering all of the coverage provisions and the other provisions together, CBO and JCT estimated in July 2012 (the most recent comprehensive estimates) that the total effect of the ACA would be to reduce federal deficits. "
the total effect of the ACA would be to reduce federal deficits.
You are truly dumber than sh*t.
Oops. I'm playing catch-up. Just read your post. Perhaps by repeating the obvious more than once it will sink in.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108050 Apr 1, 2014
Not much room for right wing propaganda. They are busy swimming for their lives.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1108051 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Kill yourself. You're losing AGAIN.
Yep Ghost you are still stupid as your moniker says
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1108052 Apr 1, 2014
It's obvious the ACA is here to stay. But Fox News said to keep acting dumb in its name.
I appreciate the work you do, you are obviously one of God's messengers.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1108053 Apr 1, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide Your Evidence ?
There is no evidence - except that over 5 million who were privately insured lost their insurance because ObamaCare said theirs wasn't good enough and why Obama apologized to them and gave them a reprieve in signing up on the exchanges a little while longer.

I should be asking you though. Where IS the evidence 7 million signed up who weren't already insured or already on Medicare and have paid their premiums?

There is none. That's the problem. Why you don't question it is the real mystery.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108054 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
This should be interesting.....

"Apr 1, 10:55 AM EDT

Marathon victim sues Glenn Beck for defamation
AP Photo

BOSTON (AP)-- A Saudi Arabian man injured in the Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation lawsuit against Glenn Beck, accusing the conservative commentator of calling him "the money man" behind the attack.

Abdulrahman Alharbi, 20, said in the lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Boston that his reputation was "substantially and severely damaged" as a result of Beck's statements on the air linking him to the bombings.

The lawsuit, which also names the broadcast companies connected to Beck's show, seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.

In the days after the explosions that killed three people and injured more than 260, Beck "repeatedly and falsely identified Mr. Alharbi as an active participant in the crimes that were committed on April 15, 2013, repeatedly questioned the motives of federal officials in failing to pursue or detain Alharbi and repeatedly and falsely accused Mr. Alharbi of being a criminal who had funded the attacks at the Boston Marathon," the lawsuit alleges...."
Civil case?
Who could have guessed.
Just wait till the conceal carry retards start shooting like Barney Fife. Courts will be busy. They got their right to carry. Good luck on the consequences of pulling it out and firing.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1108055 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Kill yourself. You're losing AGAIN.
A Dead Man Walking ordering others to kill themselves! Cute.

Your jealousy of my living is a compliment.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1108056 Apr 1, 2014
Okay let's use the Obamacare numbers

So, to fix the uninsured 45 million, govt took over 1/6 the economy to enroll 7 million, of which previously uninsured made up just 2 million.

I would be so proud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Freedomofexpression 316,356
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Nice Phartez 33,676
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web