Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432078 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106827 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And? That has absolutely nothing to do with Shirley Sherod's job with the Department of Agriculture or the FALSIFIED video.
whether the video was falsified is a matter of fact for a jury to determine.......

whether Pigford scam artist Sherrod was libeled is a matter of fact for a jury to determine....

whether Sherrod suffered any damages is a matter of fact for a jury to determine.....

if the government ever stops stonewalling.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106828 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And? That has absolutely nothing to do with Shirley Sherod's job with the Department of Agriculture or the FALSIFIED video.
In January 2008 several members of Congress (one of whom was SENATOR Barack Obama of Illinois) urged the Senate and House Agriculture Committees to include in an upcoming farm bill a provision allowing "certain claimants who submitted late-filing requests under Pigford v. Glickman consent decree opportunity to receive determinations of their claims on their merits." These additional claims ultimately resulted in a $1.25 billion settlement."
Got that? These payouts were the result of a bill passed into law by the United States Congress on June 18, 2008 over President Bush's veto. Shirley Shirrod was not hired by the USDA until August 2009. You are chasing rainbows.
The fact that she and her husband lost their farm in 1985 due to the USDA's well documented policy of denying loans to black farmers and extending more favorable terms to white farmers and that the Sherrods were compensated for their loss under Pigford v. Glickman has no bearing on the Breitbart case. NONE. Zilch. Nada.
many of the claims were fraudulent, but Obama paid off his voters.....
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1106829 Mar 30, 2014
George K wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats drive the taxpayers out of every city they govern. Businesses follow.
So true. I'm looking forward to moving to a red state where people value freedom & personal responsibility some day when I retire. It would be great to not have so many worthless liberals around.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106830 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the term "falsified" in a sentence you cretin. People do use that word in normal everyday conversation.
ROFLMAO, most people use words in sentences-that is what a sentence is. That comment was totally moronic.
What next? You used letters to type it?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106831 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Their compliticy in the event still is evidence.
The 'EVENT" is the FALSIFIED video and Breitbart's lies. Just what "compliticy" (sic) do you believe did the United States government have in those issues? Sherrod's resignation or firing has no bearing on the case other than to show that she was negitively affected by Breitbart's actions. THERE IS NO "COMPLICITY".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106832 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
libel is an issue for the jury to decide when they have all the evidence....
as well as any damages if libel is proven.......
and Sherrod's reputation as a Pigford swindler isn't worth much.....
As a public figure Sherrod has an additional burden to prove that the act was damaging.

As far as what actual damages, she was offered her job back and refused. This leaves her in bad position to claim that the act damaged her "reputation" in the traditional sense of her ability to find employment.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1106833 Mar 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. I'm looking forward to moving to a red state where people value freedom & personal responsibility some day when I retire. It would be great to not have so many worthless liberals around.
Russia is a "RED" state....Adios Mutha.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106834 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you claim everybody would have heard about something that happened on a blog IF it wasn't for the MSM carrying the story? You are being dishonest.
Bill O’Reilly‘s was the first to mentioned the story at 8pm ET on the O’Reilly Factor. That same night, the video was aired "by two other prime time shows, with Sean Hannity and Dana Perino (in for Greta Van Susteren) devoting some time to it."

"And that doesn’t mean FOX was the only one to mention the story Monday night either. It was referenced by a guest on Larry King Live, and Anderson Cooper did have a brief segment as well on CNN. By Tuesday morning, all three cable networks were leading with the Sherrod video. FoxNews.com had a story up before anything aired on the network."

On Tuesday, according to "TV Eyes", Fox network covered the story 39 times; MSNBC covered it 21 times, and CNN mentioned Shirley Sherrod 63 times.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/examining-the-...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106835 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop embarrassing yourself and get informed.
I assume you were looking in the mirror when you made that statement. Shouldn't you be scrapbooking or sewing? That seems much more you speed than political commentary.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106836 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'EVENT" is the FALSIFIED video and Breitbart's lies. Just what "compliticy" (sic) do you believe did the United States government have in those issues? Sherrod's resignation or firing has no bearing on the case other than to show that she was negitively affected by Breitbart's actions. THERE IS NO "COMPLICITY".
Good grief! Sherrod has to prove she was somehow damaged by the video.

You were claiming this just a few posts back and now it is nada. You have no clue what your arguing about.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106838 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In January 2008 several members of Congress (one of whom was SENATOR Barack Obama of Illinois) urged the Senate and House Agriculture Committees to include in an upcoming farm bill a provision allowing "certain claimants who submitted late-filing requests under Pigford v. Glickman consent decree opportunity to receive determinations of their claims on their merits." These additional claims ultimately resulted in a $1.25 billion settlement."
Got that? These payouts were the result of a bill passed into law by the United States Congress on June 18, 2008 over President Bush's veto. Shirley Shirrod was not hired by the USDA until August 2009. You are chasing rainbows.
The fact that she and her husband lost their farm in 1985 due to the USDA's well documented policy of denying loans to black farmers and extending more favorable terms to white farmers and were compensated for their loss under Pigford v. Glickman has no bearing on the case. NONE. Zilch. Nada.
Focus!

The issue was the scam that Pigford was...Got that!

"From the start, the claims process prompted allegations of widespread fraud and criticism that its very design encouraged people to lie," but "those concerns were played down as the compensation effort grew."
"... Even now people who say they were unfairly denied loans can collect up to $50,000 with little documentation."

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106839 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey Ghost panics upon seeing that Libs are not supporting their viewpoints well and rushes in with childish epithets. There, that proves Libs are really smart!
<Yawn>

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106840 Mar 30, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
The useful idiot libs hate everyone who disagrees with what their handlers feed them. Nothing new here.
<spam>

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106841 Mar 30, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Poverty is still the number one issue facing minorities, despite trillions of dollars spent to reverse it. Unemployment among minorities is routinely double the white American unemployment rate, despite generous minority quota programs.
The rate of children born out of wedlock has only escalated, even with modern birth-control methods and public-school sex education. The absence of a husband and father contributes, at least to some degree, to the alarming rise in abortions among minorities.
Inner cities and inner-city schools are predominantly run by African Americans. Yet most of these cities routinely rank last among places to live.
So here we are in 2014, and what has our “investment” gotten us? If you are a Democrat strategist or politician, the taxpayers’ money has gotten you many, many election victories.
If you are an American, black, white, or otherwise, who pays taxes, the answer is nothing. If you are a sincere racial economic-equality advocate or a social activist for racial harmony -- you too got nothing for your dollar.
A recent Gallup poll confirmed a widening economic gap between white Americans and blacks and other minorities. Political opposition between the two blocs is intensifying. Even more shocking is that racial polarization and party preference by race increased since President Obama moved into the White House.
LOL. Too embarassed to post the link to your "American Thinker" cut and paste I see. You should be.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106842 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a Retjug to accuse someone of being anti-Semitic for attacking a low life Jew like Breitbart.
You are the low-life . You attacked me with a Jewish slur thinking I was a Jew.

You are one nasty, hateful woman who repeatedly attempts to justify being anti-Semitic

Next time I see you make a anti-Semitic comment towards anyone I will report you

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1106843 Mar 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what dumbo, if you can show anywhere I bragged about your my Bio, then we will talk. You are such an ignoramus just because I mentioned about three years ago and your obsession is still going on. Damn, I'm starting to think that you are such a lonely old goat that the only way you can even get someone to talk to you is piss them off, talk about desperate. Surely there must be something in your life you can obsess over. Dream about the last time you actually got an erection, or maybe you can't think back that far. I'll tell you what as soon as the deal goes through I'll fly out to Spokane and slap you up side the head with it, just to watch you piss your panties.
WTF? You hallucinating again??
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106844 Mar 30, 2014
What USA left out....The Obama admin was neck deep in PigfordII

"The USDA and Department of Justice publicly released a joint statement announcing the $1.25 billion settlement in 2010. Plus, the USDA could not "release more funds to Pigford" without the approval of Congress, and the money could not be paid out without court approval of the settlement. On Nov. 19, 2010, the Senate by unanimous consent passed the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 — which provided $1.15 billion in addition to the $100 million already appropriated. The House passed the bill 256-152 on Nov. 20, 2010. It was signed by Obama. The court has not yet approved the settlement, and no awards have been paid to any Pigford II claimants, said Justice spokeswoman Jessica Smith."
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/obama-and-th...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106845 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a Retjug to accuse someone of being anti-Semitic for attacking a low life Jew like Breitbart.
Who knew Breitbart was a Jew other than this hateful anti-Semitic?

Was he a Jew?

What difference does it make to case if he was a Jew?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1106846 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
accuse? you just did it again. You could call him a low life-but to call him a low life Jew is anti-Semitic. You are such an ignorant, uneducated person. So sad, and yet you talk of how smart you are.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106847 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you were looking in the mirror when you made that statement. Shouldn't you be scrapbooking or sewing? That seems much more you speed than political commentary.
This is best you got to offer about dumb Dave continuing to LIE about Obamacare grandfathering in ANY insurance policy.

Boy, that was intellectual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min New Age Spiritual... 257,123
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 10,088
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 311,871
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Les Miles 32,402
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web