Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,016,281 - 1,016,300 of 1,098,805 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
forks_make_us_fa t

Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I find it not only entertaining but I find the Republican brain's complete denial of reality fascinating.
You really do think forks make people fat don't you?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
"Democratic Sens. Mark Warner of Virginia, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia, as well as Sen. Angus King (I., Maine), plan to introduce as soon as Thursday a set of principles and legislation aimed at strengthening the health law, according to lawmakers and Senate Democratic aides.…
Among the proposals likely to be included is one backed by Messrs. Begich and Warner offering a new kind of insurance plan, a “copper” plan featuring lower premiums and higher out-of-pocket costs than the “bronze,”“silver” and “gold” options on the government-run health-care exchanges.
Lawmakers also would like to make health care more affordable for small businesses by expanding certain tax credits and making them available for longer. And Mr. Warner said on Fox News earlier this week that he favors enabling the sale of health insurance across state lines, an idea that has garnered interest among House Republicans as well."
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/27/sen-war...
Democrat Indicted for Arms Trafficking to Islamist Rebels after Supporting Assault Weapons Ban
From your state of California, I just bet that you knew him well. After all you wanted to arm the Islamists in so-called Palestine.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
my prediction is that you will start supporting catastrophic (copper) health insurance plans as soon as you're given the ok.
What difference at this point does it make? Period. I just wanted to say that-so now O'bama and the democrats are going to offer those rotten plans that the democrats said everyone had, that have been canceled. This is like that old movie, The Birds, they peck and peck until the democrats kill you, no matter what phone booth you are in, and then after that they run Jaws, and they kill you again. It is some sort of sci fi these libs.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
poisoned meat........
Old Farmer's Tip: Shoot, Shovel & Shut Up.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.

Holding an Illuminati Torch believing it signifies enlightenment.

A Beacon to "the huddle masses" ...

Nothing can be further from the truth.

Now, what were you saying about "denial of reality"?
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I find it not only entertaining but I find the Republican brain's complete denial of reality fascinating.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.

This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.

Guess it's better not to report any news than bad news.

Obama is bragging 6 million signed up. More than that lost their insurance.

Sorry to post and run. Fallon's on.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like the DemoKKKrats want to add one of those crummy catastrophic plans that you hate so much.......
desperate people do desperate things.....
The proposed Copper Plan would cover 50% of health care cost. Unlike a catastrophic plan which, beyond three annual visits, pays nothing unless there is a catastrophic event.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise to me at all that you wouldn't understand the meaning of freedom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.
This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.
You are truly clueless. That's about all I can say. Reality just isn't your thing.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I haven't gone there, perhaps I will. I was in Brandsmart yesterday, they had quite an assortment that it was overwhelming. It's on my list of stuff to do; but that's a good idea, they probably have knowledgeable sales people.
Still having a problem with the nutty neighbor and his pitbull running loose. I call the police and then the dogs are in his yard; the officer said he has to see the dog running loose. I said, do I have to wait till he bites me? I'm getting the cameras because of him. They keep warning him, but as soon as they leave; the dogs are out again. Some people are just awful.
These stories are gut-wrenching.

Historical fatal dog attacks :http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-b ite-statistics-fatalities-hist orical.php

Fatal dog attacks in the United States: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_k...

Houston woman nearly killed by large pack of dogs: http://tinyurl.com/lxuulhp

BOY'S DEATH SPARKS DEBATE ON BUCHAREST STRAY DOGS: http://tinyurl.com/pg43qjv

Horror as four people - including a one-year-old boy - are mauled to death by pack of wild dogs in Mexico City park: http://tinyurl.com/ag7dgwl

Trying to reason with dog owners either privately or in a public forum is an exercise in futility.

Antifreeze works great. Sweet & Silent. Some people like to inject a little Mercury, too. It makes the dog go crazy inside the owner's home later on tearing up the place..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed Copper Plan would cover 50% of health care cost. Unlike a catastrophic plan which, beyond three annual visits, pays nothing unless there is a catastrophic event.
don't worry....this is just more bullshit that will never see the light of day....
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
Five Million signed up for Obamacare.

You posted 437 times on Obamacare

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
There is Healthy Cynicism and then there is Unhealthy Cynicism.

"Trust but verify" is an example of Healthy Cynicism.

"The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute" is an example of Unhealthy Cynicism

What was that figure I heard recently...?...85% of all new business start-ups in America are formed by immigrants.

Your Prostitute was a Beacon to the founder of Intel - a Hungarian immigrant.
Danny Thomas came over with his parents from Lebanon as immigrants and St. Jude has been thankful ever since.

The examples are endless. It is very telling of your mindset that you see a prostitute where others see "pursuit of happiness".

You best and only friend is your lubricated right palm, Luzer.
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly clueless. That's about all I can say. Reality just isn't your thing.
Carol is still a bit ahead of shinny....

ACA moves ahead each day and chance of GOP repeal recedes
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Five Million signed up for Obamacare.
You posted 437 times on Obamacare
more people have lost insurance than have gained insurance.....

what a great accomplishment......

middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

lol!

Boy! I didn't realize Alaska was this RED!

I guess reich winger like Palin had a higher agenda for running the Untied States.

Traitors!!!!!!

I love this comedy channel..

" WhiteHouse.gov petition seeks to give Alaska back to Russia
The campaign currently falls about 70K signatures short but coincides with Russia's annexation of Crimea
By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo News 11 hours ago The Sideshow

A petition on WhiteHouse.gov seeking to give Alaska back to Russia is probably safe to file under "N" for "Never Gonna Happen."

Still, 30,000 people have lent their virtual John Hancocks to the petition. Rules dictate petitions with 100,000 or more signatures get an official response from the White House. The creator(s) of this one have until April 20 to make that happen.

And there's the timing of the petition, which coincides with Russia's annexation of Crimea, a move that was rejected by the United Nations.

The petition's language is a bit difficult to follow, but a kind of Russian patriotism seems to shine through. Below, the text from WhiteHouse.gov :

Groups Siberian russians crossed the Isthmus (now the Bering Strait) 16-10 thousand years ago.

Russian began to settle on the Arctic coast, Aleuts inhabited the Aleutian Archipelago.

First visited Alaska August 21, 1732, members of the team boat "St. Gabriel »under the surveyor Gvozdev and assistant navigator I. Fedorov during the expedition Shestakov and DI Pavlutski 1729-1735 years

Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia...."
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more people have lost insurance than have gained insurance.....
what a great accomplishment......
middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November.....
You make this up?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

lol! Again, another incestuous relationship reich wingers have with themselves.

They should simply say "believe because I said so!"

I love this comedy channel!!!!

"Christie's lawyer: Governor not involved in plot
Associated Press
By ANGELA DELLI SANTI and GEOFF MULVIHILL 10 hours ago

Report clears Christie of wrongdoing in BridgeGate scandal

NEW YORK (AP)— Gov. Chris Christie was not involved in a plot to create gridlock near a major bridge in a scheme directed at a mayor, lawyers hired by the administration reported Thursday while also defending the integrity of their internal review amid separate federal and legislative investigations.

The taxpayer-funded report released by former federal prosecutor Randy Mastro relied on interviews with Christie and other officials in his administration and 250,000 documents, many of them emails and text messages. But the key figures in the plot would not cooperate with Mastro's investigation, leading Democrats to question the credibility of the report and its thoroughness.

The investigation concluded Christie had no knowledge beforehand of lane closings in September near the George Washington Bridge between New Jersey and New York that caused four days of massive gridlock in the community of Fort Lee....."
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

The Obama administration will give more time to people who try to apply for health insurance coverage through the federal marketplace by Monday but encounter difficulty, administration officials said Tuesday evening.

Monday is the deadline for people to enroll in order to have coverage for this year or face penalties under the Affordable Care Act.

"Open enrollment ends March 31. We are experiencing a surge in demand and are making sure that we will be ready to help consumers who may be in line by the deadline to complete enrollment -- either online or over the phone," said Joanne Peters, a spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Human Services.

Administration officials said this move, similar to the one in December for the large number of people who were trying to sign up by January 1, will accommodate people who face special circumstances or complex cases and need extra time to complete their enrollment.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Libertarians puff it up for free death

Banning smoking in public places has helped to cut premature births by 10%, according to new research from the United States and Europe.

A study in the Lancet medical journal found that while the impact of anti-smoking laws varied between countries, the overall effect on child health around the world had been positive.

"Our research shows that smoking bans are an effective way to protect the health of our children," said Jasper Been of the University of Edinburgh's Centre for Population Health Sciences, who led the study. He said the findings should help to accelerate the introduction of anti-smoking legislation in cities, countries and districts that have yet to do so.

Laws banning smoking in public places such as bars, restaurants, offices and other workplaces have already been proven in previous studies to protect adults from the health threats associated with passive smoking.

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) tobacco kills around six million people a year worldwide, including more than 600,000 non-smokers who die from exposure to secondhand smoke. By 2030 if current trends continue it predicts tobacco's death toll could be eight million a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Eagle 12 226,077
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 27,015
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Big Sky 305,423
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••