Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521737 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1106666 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so why is this my go to source when shooting down Bush apologists?
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/
and half the time you don't even cite a source for your assertions.
just because you heard it on FOX or read it on a right wing site doesn't make it the truth. pretty sure i've already proved that. just ask carol. pretty sure she hasn't been forced to ignore you.
If you would like sources then ask. I find the looney left have few reliable sources.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1106667 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Feds should apologize & compensate her for thinking that Breitbart would post anything that was true or honest.
It does not change the fact that Breitbart was a liar & fraud.
Dan Rather...

Location hidden

#1106668 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep defending your racist buddies. I notice that all you Tea Party people accept & welcome racists into your tent.
Got to watch those "inner city" men who don't want to work & those kids hoping to become rappers.
you don't have to be white to be a racist RealDave....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106669 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one dishonest POS who produced the fake video.
no different than ABC, CBS, and NBC news every night.....

Location hidden

#1106670 Mar 30, 2014
'Beano' for cows...

"White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda"

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/white-house...

Since: Jun 13

Chicago, IL

#1106671 Mar 30, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have to be white to be a racist RealDave....
Dave is a 98 lb weakling living off all of the people that really do work.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106672 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you go to the 'source' of an edited video.
you have to be kidding. i'm usually not one to throw out disparaging remarks, but....you're not all too bright, are you?
so how about a transcript of the WHOLE video. see if you can find that smart guy.
Says the person who posted a transcript and stated but, but they didn't include "audience cheered" in it.

You are a spinning
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106673 Mar 30, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> President Barack Obama 's policy approval numbers are a lot higher than George W Bush ever had while in office....
blatantly false statement.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106674 Mar 30, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't seem to get Carol is that unlike the examples you've given smoking affects the people around the smoker. When somebody is drinking alcohol or eating fried chicken next to me it doesn't affect me but a smoker is putting their smoke in my lungs also.
smelly food and loud drunks are also unpleasant for other patrons.....

so are people with crying babies......
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106675 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so why is this my go to source when shooting down Bush apologists?
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/
and half the time you don't even cite a source for your assertions.
just because you heard it on FOX or read it on a right wing site doesn't make it the truth. pretty sure i've already proved that. just ask carol. pretty sure she hasn't been forced to ignore you.
This is pathetic. Sonic clings to a blog he KNOWS is not legit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106676 Mar 30, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, Here's some parts of the plan that are problematic at best:
Allowing health insurance across state lines will not cause prices to go down. Insurance companies will simply headquarter in states with the loosest regulations like credit card companies did and will be more able to raise premium prices.
Raising the retirement age is a stupid idea. A better idea is to raise or even eliminate the income cap which will improve the solvency of the system and lower the retirement age which would allow workers to leave earlier and open up jobs.
Tort reform which would allow big insurance to use their deep pockets to steamroller over any litigation.
Retirement accounts will actually make Social Security less solvent and increase the risks should the market tank.
lunatic gibberish from a government slug feeding off the taxpayers......
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106677 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Feds should apologize & compensate her for thinking that Breitbart would post anything that was true or honest.
It does not change the fact that Breitbart was a liar & fraud.
Whaa, everybody makes the Obama admin do stupid things.

It is never the Obama admin does stupid things!

Too funny!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106678 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew Breitbart made a mistake. Based on a two-minute video excerpt of Shirley Sherrod's speech at an NAACP dinner last year, he accused her of practicing racism as a federal employee. He neglected to mention that in the excerpt, she was clearly talking about events in a different job 20 years ago. And when the rest of the video turned up, it proved that her story was about transcending her old racial resentment.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
and then he lied about making a 'mistake'.
the right wing media never admit that they make 'mistakes'. they don't have to. everyone gives them a pass because lying is what they do.
so, Sherrod is a racist and a scam artist.....

screw her and her frivolous lawsuit.....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106680 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep defending your heroes like Breitbart for putting out false information that dupes right whiners like you.
Do you feel the same about the outright LIES the Obama admin made about Obamacare?

If not, take your bogus self-righteousness somewhere else.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106681 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The teal story is a right whiner put together a fake video to rile up their feeble minded base.
Obama fired Sherrod, not Breitbart.......

but the scam artist can't sue Obama or the government.......
spoko

Oakland, CA

#1106682 Mar 30, 2014
America is an experiment.
(What republicans don’t seem to comprehend)

From the time of its first white settlement, America has been a place where people came to experiment with doing things differently. It’s been a place to gamble, to see if you could be one of the lucky ones who became landowners or lawyers or independent merchants. You gambled on the weather, politics, your own skills, and your own ability to commit to the experiment of living in America, and being an American.

During the 18th century, the experiment deepened, as Americans began to speculate that they could form the first democratic nation in modern times. Intense experimentation went on from the 1760s to 1787, as Americans adapted and invented forms of government fit for the scope of their needs, the gaping hole of their inexperience, and the high and intense expectations for their future.

On and on went the experiment: could we create a strong and stable centralized government? Could we grow without destabilizing? Could we solve the problem of slavery? Could we truly create a melting pot in which to forge Americans out of peoples of all nations? Could we give women the vote? Could women have control of their reproductive rights? Could we accept Jewish people as true Americans? Could we desegregate? Could we assure civil rights regardless of sexuality? Could we assure that everyone is covered with health insurance?

America’s story is one of constantly tackling the big—the biggest—problems, ahead of everyone else, with very little to guide us but those founding principles that nag at our conscience. And each time we’ve made progress, extending civil rights to more and more people, it’s been because that old spirit of taking a gamble, of performing the ultimate experiment, took over and led us to the right decision.

As we think today about what divides Americans, I think it boils down to the fact that some Americans no longer want to experiment. They want to close the lab down. We’ve gone far enough into the unknown, making it known, they say; now let’s stop—let’s even go backward. We were wrong to conduct some of our experiments in liberty, and that’s the source of all our problems. Gay people shouldn’t be treated equally. Black people shouldn’t run the country. Women shouldn’t hold high office. Muslims shouldn’t be granted habeas corpus.

Whenever one of those Americans talks about the problem with our country today, they talk about how we should be like we once were, back when white people who defined marriage as one man-one woman and were Protestant veterans built this nation. They feel they are losing their birthright, their legacy.

But those Americans are wrong. What their ancestors really were are scientists, experimenters and radicals, who always considered the impossible possible. To define those ancestral Americans as merely white or straight or Christian strips them of their most stunning feature, their near-supernatural qualities of optimism and defiance and willingness to go into the unknown and make it their home, to make the amazing the norm. They defied the status quo. That’s how they built America.

Americans who want to end the experiment are few, but boisterous. They clamor at the national microphone. But Americans who know that there is no America without the experiment will keep at it, and they will persevere. Barack Obama is such an American, and his election is proof that the lab is still open, and that America in general will always be at the drawing board, expanding its concept of liberty and justice and equality until we finally fulfill the founding principles that created this nation so long ago.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1106683 Mar 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
16 hours ago
GM expands ignition switch recall to 2.6 million cars
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/29/us-...
And? Those cars date back all the way to 2003. Doesn't come close to Ford's 2009 recall of 4.5 million vehicles due to a fire hazard from a faulty switch. I have confidence in GM's first female CEO seems to shake things up.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1106684 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama fired Sherrod, not Breitbart.......
but the scam artist can't sue Obama or the government.......
So if I use a fake video to successfully frame my neighbor for murdering my wife, its not my fault but rather the justice system.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1106685 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel the same about the outright LIES the Obama admin made about Obamacare?
If not, take your bogus self-righteousness somewhere else.
The ACA has a claus to allow insurance companies to continue to offer any plan in effect at the time the bill passed. The ACA does not dictate network.

The insurance companies decided o no longer offer those policies & it was the insurance companies that chose the networks.

You people are just dumber than sh*t.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106686 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And? Those cars date back all the way to 2003. Doesn't come close to Ford's 2009 recall of 4.5 million vehicles due to a fire hazard from a faulty switch. I have confidence in GM's first female CEO seems to shake things up.
female or male, Mary Barra was Executive Vice President of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain a Government Motors.....,in charge of creating the problems....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 313,951
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web