Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375768 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1105504 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The two questions two other posters asked are still unanswered.
How many have paid? How many are on Medicare?
Jay Carney says no one in this administration knows. The truth is likely they don't want US to know.
Carol, quit your f*cking whining. You & Flack should start a credit card company. You could call it "whiner's Club".

With every purchase, you get a 2% cash back is split between Fox News, Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck as all three hold a valid claim that they helped you people get this freakin misinformed

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1105505 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
if they attack you, they'll be put down anyway. Yeah, alot of animals are attracted to antifreeze...scratch that.
check out the link I put in a reply to sonic.
I'm surprised Eman didn't suggest you poke it with a sharp stick.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1105506 Mar 28, 2014
Nate Silver predicts GOP will take back Senate by as much as 11 seats come November. Silver also predicted an Obama win at 70% 10 days before the election in 2012.

Didn't take long for some liberals to throw him under the bus.

Paul Krugman called him "Tarnished Silver".

Let's just hope Republicans have winners running this time. It's our own fault we lost the Senate in 2012 - and the election. Romney dropped the ball one too many times.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105507 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so who owns the dogs in question? the new renters? the owner of the rental property?
The guy with the dogs lives diagonally across from me; he also owns the house next to me and rents it.
dem

United States

#1105508 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>The two questions two other posters asked are still unanswered.

Jay Carney says no one in this administration knows. The truth is likely they don't want US to know.
Here's what Gaba found, however. First, the percentage of enrollees who have paid up (the "paid rate") looks to be hovering at 81%-85%. The figure is murky because only 10 states actually provide a figure. That includes California, which bases its figure on what it hears from the insurance companies getting the payment and which says its paid rate is "more than 85%" as of March 15.

But Gaba observes that the 15% shortfall includes a lot of people who aren't sleazing out on their bills. It includes millions of people who enrolled between mid-February and mid-March and won't start coverage until April 1; there will be more who have enrolled since March 15 who won't start coverage until May 1. Their first bill might not arrive until as long as six weeks after their enrollment, which means many haven't paid because they haven't been billed yet or have been billed but the payment isn't yet due.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105509 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old snarky repetitive remarks. At least you're reliable.
Obama apparently doesn't even know where he was born. He's giving mixed messages if he does. Michelle saying Kenya is Obama's "homeland" doesn't help to clarify it.
Just wind her up and she's off....!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105510 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Statistics from Vermont lend support for Gaba's analysis. The state reported last week that nearly 92% of enrollees whose policies started in January, February and March were paid up -- but only 19% of those with coverage starting in April and 16% of those starting in May. In Vermont, then, it appears that we're talking mostly not about "deadbeats" but prudent household budgeters with maybe a few procrastinators folded in. So the next time an ACA critic warns that a lot of people haven't paid for their exchange coverage, ask if he normally pays his bills six weeks in advance.
if you insist on making phony posts, at least make the effort to show Temecula instead of your Fullerton ghetto.......
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105511 Mar 28, 2014
More than 6 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance under the ­Affordable Care Act, the White House announced Thursday,­reflecting a surge in enrollment after months of technical problems prevented many people from picking a plan.

The administration originally expected 7 million to buy health plans during the law’s initial six-month enrollment period but revised its target to 6 million after the disastrous rollout of HealthCare.gov , the federal Web site.

The Obama administration is courting a certain demographic as the enrollment deadline looms. So who’s on the receiving end of the last-minute hustle?

President Obama shared the new total in a conference call with thousands of health-care Web navigators and volunteers who are helping enroll people through state and federal market­places, urging them to redouble their efforts over the next few days. There were more than 1.5 million visits to the Web site and more than 430,000 calls to federal call centers Wednesday, administration officials said.

“We are seeing near record numbers of consumers coming to check out their options and enroll in coverage,” Marilyn ­Tavenner, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said in a blog post.

The announcement comes in the final days of the health law’s maiden sign-up period, when the most controversial legislation in decades was aggressively promoted by the administration and vehemently fought by its opponents.

Much higher enrollment than the republican wanted .
dem

United States

#1105512 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>The two questions two other posters asked are still unanswered.

Most of the bills haven't been sent yet, dumb carol.
Btw it's the talking point of the day on tea bag terrorist sites.

Orlando, FL

#1105513 Mar 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, quit your f*cking whining. You & Flack should start a credit card company. You could call it "whiner's Club".
With every purchase, you get a 2% cash back is split between Fox News, Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck as all three hold a valid claim that they helped you people get this freakin misinformed
Just two simple questions:
1. How many have paid?
2. How many are on Medicare?

Seems even the most confused and misguided liberals would want to know something as important as this before touting this monstrosity.
dem

United States

#1105514 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Michael Vick understood the only use for pit bulls and that they should be caged at all times....
Fk you racist azzhole dog killer.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105515 Mar 28, 2014
Homer wrote:
Happy Friday everybody.
Very busy at work, we're hiring if anyone's looking.
Maybe El Cid; you can find him at the New Age store in Scranton
dem

United States

#1105516 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Same old snarky repetitive remarks. At least you're reliable.

Obama apparently doesn't even know where he was born. He's giving mixed messages if he does. Michelle saying Kenya is Obama's "homeland" doesn't help to clarify it.
Try the birther argument again, dumb carol.

Orlando, FL

#1105517 Mar 28, 2014
Homer wrote:
Proof there is a god:
I prayed Obama would win the election and my prayers were answered both times.
Only proves you have to be careful what you wish for - or pray for.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105518 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat; it's not the dogs, it's the owners. Pitbulls are actually great dogs. All dogs should be on leashes. He has a big fenced in back yard, but he likes to hang out in his garage and driveway like the trailer trash he is.
all dogs are great dogs...or could be if trained properly...

poorly trained and mistreated dogs are a danger, just as any wild animal can be...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105519 Mar 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm surprised Eman didn't suggest you poke it with a sharp stick.
Funny you should mention that! I am babysitting my daughters dog for the weekend; when I walked him this morning; I carried a stick just in case that nutjob across the street let his dog out. However, that dog would probably break the stick in half; maybe I'll take a golf club next time out.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105520 Mar 28, 2014
OK...i'm officially sick of winter!
dem

United States

#1105521 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Nate Silver predicts GOP will take back Senate by as much as 11 seats come November. Silver also predicted an Obama win at 70% 10 days before the election in 2012.

Didn't take long for some liberals to throw him under the bus.

Paul Krugman called him "Tarnished Silver".

Let's just hope Republicans have winners running this time. It's our own fault we lost the Senate in 2012 - and the election. Romney dropped the ball one too many times.
You laughed at Nate Silver before the past election. You are turning into a filthy fkn liar from hanging out with tea bag azzholes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105522 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything that you don't attribute to politics?
Perhaps when this neighbor realizes I have cameras on him, he'll keep his dog on a leash.
I have a lot of patience. He is defiant and thinks he is above the law.
you have the right to defend yourself.....from dogs as well as from Trayvons.....
dem

United States

#1105523 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Only proves you have to be careful what you wish for - or pray for.
Carol prays for Obamas death like a good kkkristian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min ThomasA 311,038
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 32,251
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 254,986
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web