Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1710013 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1105698 Mar 28, 2014
Food prices are going up. Just FYI.

Later.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105699 Mar 28, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be taking video of all the car traffic activity, noting the times and dates, and turn it over to the police.
With Florida forfeiture laws you may be done with the whole lot of them if convicted of drug dealing.
Heck with Florida laws you can shoot and kill everyone on the block and say you felt threatened. Well if they are mostly black that is.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1105700 Mar 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Carol, why are all you Republicans so obsessed over Obamacare?/?Please don't try to convince me you are concerned about fellow Americans..That would be a first for your party.Pretty much the same things you idiots were saying about Social Security back then. I'll bet 90% of people on here collect that, including you.
Most people are upset since they now know they voted for a liar who told them they could keep their Doctor and their policy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105701 Mar 28, 2014
Who wants to argue about political parties and buying votes...

"In 1972 approximately half (51 percent) of the total income received by female headed poor families in the United States came from public assistance programs..."

Anderson, M.(1978).'Welfare: The Political Economy of Welfare Reform in the United States'. Hoover Institute Press : California.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105702 Mar 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck with Florida laws you can shoot and kill everyone on the block and say you felt threatened. Well if they are mostly black that is.
and on the other hand you can be suspended from school for pointing your finger at a classmate...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105703 Mar 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way he could afford to live in Southern Calif. You know that sleeze bucket is on some kind of government dole
the fact is that parts of Southern California are very affordable....except for the confiscatory state income tax.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105704 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a pit and she's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. I got her to protect my property and her look alone has kept people out.
They are great dogs; I don't blame the dog, it's the owner that is a nutcase. I have no intention of hurting the dog unless he comes at me and I have to defend myself.
And, no guns here. I think he has a gun though. Seems mentally unbalanced or drugged out. I don't want to tangle with him; I just want him to keep his dog on a leash. Not much to ask.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105705 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Newsweek editor said "Obama is sorta like God."
Time Magazine portrayed him on their cover with a halo over his head.
Jamie Foxx said Obama was "our Lord and Savior."
Barbara Walters said, "'We' thought he would be the next 'Messiah'."
Louis Farrakhan said of Obama,'The Messiah is absolutely speaking."
Chris Matthews got a tingle up his leg when Obama spoke.
It was quite the liberal frenzy in 2008 elevating Barack Obama to a deity.
Not sure where you were.
Ah heck, just bring out the naked mother photos again while yer at it.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1105706 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in your own little deluded world filled with fantasy
Sounds just like your neighborhood!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105707 Mar 28, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are upset since they now know they voted for a liar who told them they could keep their Doctor and their policy.

That's not true they were just as opposed to it before that ever came up. If the law is such a bad thing then you would think that you Republicans would be all for it. Only one explanation and that is they are terrified that they will be on the wrong side of a law that helps fellow Americans. Which they will be. In time.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105708 Mar 28, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be taking video of all the car traffic activity, noting the times and dates, and turn it over to the police.
With Florida forfeiture laws you may be done with the whole lot of them if convicted of drug dealing.
That's one way to get killed! But I could do so anonymously I suppose. Seems odd, one night about 10 pm an SUV went down, made a uturn, beeped his horn in front of his house, he came out and handed him something, car left. I've been noticing this quite a bit, but
doesn't necessary mean anything.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105709 Mar 28, 2014
safety nets are not so bad....

NYC...

"...The average AFDC case received $6,088 in total income from welfare and non-welfare sources during 1974...

...The average case received $1,900 as a basic AFDC grant...$1,500 in shelter allowances...$500 in food stamps...$1,600 in Medicaid....$128 in social services....$460 in non-welfare income..."

"...the average value of the welfare benefits alone was $5,628 a year..."

1974...dollars...

Anderson, M.(1978).'Welfare: The Political Economy of Welfare Reform in the United States'. Hoover Institute Press : California.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1105710 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Newsweek editor said "Obama is sorta like God."
Time Magazine portrayed him on their cover with a halo over his head.
Jamie Foxx said Obama was "our Lord and Savior."
Barbara Walters said, "'We' thought he would be the next 'Messiah'."
Louis Farrakhan said of Obama,'The Messiah is absolutely speaking."
Chris Matthews got a tingle up his leg when Obama spoke.
It was quite the liberal frenzy in 2008 elevating Barack Obama to a deity.
Not sure where you were.
Have you stopped taking your lithium again doll?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105711 Mar 28, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you supply your opinion with no support of your position and claim it as fact.
Funny ... you prove my assertions about you every time you reply, and your actually too stupid to even realize it. LOL
clearly, i did just provide support of the facts.

all you need to do is show why this occupation of the ukraine would end any different than all other post WWII occupations of the like.

but i noticed you ran away from the facts and support for them ...once again...as always...

St. Croix valley

#1105712 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
That's one way to get killed! But I could do so anonymously I suppose. Seems odd, one night about 10 pm an SUV went down, made a uturn, beeped his horn in front of his house, he came out and handed him something, car left. I've been noticing this quite a bit, but
and you want keep living here why?

move, dear. pick up and move to a better neighborhood!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1105713 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Florida's sunshine laws are unforgiving__anything you say to law enforcement or provide to law enforcement is public record and you can be subpoenaed to testify in open court.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1105714 Mar 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true they were just as opposed to it before that ever came up. If the law is such a bad thing then you would think that you Republicans would be all for it. Only one explanation and that is they are terrified that they will be on the wrong side of a law that helps fellow Americans. Which they will be. In time.
Opposition has shifted over the years since we had to pass it to find out what was in it.
As the people began to find out what was in it opposition remained consistent for various reason. The most vociferous opposition came when people realized they lost the Doctor and their policies.

St. Croix valley

#1105715 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact is that parts of Southern California are very affordable....except for the confiscatory state income tax.....
i love how you point out your own statements to be false in the same sentence!

you really have a knock for ignorance, Galt...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105716 Mar 28, 2014
American ethics on parade...

1975 and welfare...

Census...
450,000 families earning over $15k were receiving welfare -$1,342 avg.
(annual welfare earnings)
-$15K-$20 income range - 235,000 families recvd $1,655 avg/yr
-$20K-$25K income range - 102,000 families recvd $1,794 avg/yr
-$25K-$50K income range - 101,000 families recvd $1,188 avg/yr
-Over $50K income range - 12,000 families recvd $1,917 avg/yr

----------

avg price for a house in Jan 1975?

median $37,200...
avg $39,500...

http://www.census.gov/const/uspricemon.pdf
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105717 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>

What is cheaper in Calif, than in Pa.? Housing and rent is far more expensive, gas and electric is higher, I can't think of anything that is cheaper there than here in Virginia. The only good deal I ever got was buying the house in Tuscany Hills in Lake Elsinore it was a buyers market at that time and now it's quite a bit more valuable, But I still like to visit but not to live there. Although if we have many more winters like this I just might change my mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 min hojo 12,233
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min cpeter1313 330,966
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Chosen Traveler 35,583
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web