Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374421 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103852 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everyone who is financially able, must pitch in to make health care a success. That's just the way it is.
at least you are finally being honest by admitting that people must buy insurance that they do not need to make your ridiculous program work....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1103853 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You Democrats displayed your open mind with Joe Lieberman now, didn't you?
Your ideal of open mindedness and diverse opinions is to crucify anyone who disagrees with a single issue.
I don't understand your question. I have no problem with Joe Lieberman. The fact that he has decided to become a lobbyist for the conservative partisan American Enterprise Institute is his problem not mine.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103854 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush this, Bush that, after 5 years....
the worst ever.

only those who voted for him are going to forget that.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103855 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and ignore the NATO Treaty???...
if Russia invades Canada, will you still wait for the UN to do nothing???...
Canada is different. She is at least located on the same continent as America. You seem to be asking ignornat questions just to see yourself in print.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1103856 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everyone who is financially able, must pitch in to make health care a success. That's just the way it is.
Why? What right does someone have to someone else's earnings?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103857 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh..it's always so fun to lay all the blame on the politicians, but both of you forgot that it takes two parties to sign a mortgage.
people who bought homes at obviously hyper-inflated prices at or beyond the limits of their borrowing ability are also to blame. they get half the blame for trashing our economy...
Yes. You are definitely right. I should have included them in that little scenario. However, if Bush hadn't thrown out the "no money down" fish line, they would not have been so eager to bite. It was like a cannibalistic witch offering candy to Hansel & Gretel.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103858 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada is different. She is at least located on the same continent as America. You seem to be asking ignornat questions just to see yourself in print.
one NATO ally has the same rights and expectations as any other NATO ally....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103859 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
what about defending the UK...or France....or the Netherlands???...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103861 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yikes! bad choice... Russia has a veto on the security council they would just block any action at all...
i like the UN and all, but those are the folks that watched hundreds of thousands get murdered in Rwanda cuz they couldn't be bothered to agree on the definition of genocide...
NATO can act without the consent of the UN, in fact, we are obliged by our own word to defend other NATO members...
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.

I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103862 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the US is obligated to defend all NATO allies....as are all NATO countries.....
Yes. And? Do you see that as some reason for us to take command? I don't.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103863 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.
I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.
Actually, Putin brought stability, at least for the time bing, to yet ANOTHER area in a list of quite a few over the past few years, plagued by the chaos of anarchy and FAILING statehoods.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103864 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
From?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103865 Mar 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? What right does someone have to someone else's earnings?
If it wasn't for people like your daughter, the rest of us wouldn't be paying such high premiums. She has her hand in the cookie jar but doesn't want to pay for the cookie.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103866 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin has done the EU a favor, buffer zoning isn't easy, and requires some actual leadership.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103867 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
does that mean that the Russian veto doesn't count and the resolution passes????....

and, if the resolution did pass, so what???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103868 Mar 25, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
From?
doesn't matter.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103869 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
one NATO ally has the same rights and expectations as any other NATO ally....
What are you talking about? I never said they didn't. What I said was the Untied States does not need to take the lead. We can act as part of NATO without providing troops on the ground.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103870 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103871 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
does that mean that the Russian veto doesn't count and the resolution passes????....
and, if the resolution did pass, so what???....
Russia has said they will abide by the resolution...whatever it is. Time will tell.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103872 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for people like your daughter, the rest of us wouldn't be paying such high premiums. She has her hand in the cookie jar but doesn't want to pay for the cookie.
If it wasn't for acts of Constitutional breaches of big brother givverment, you wouldn't have anything to talk about.

(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.)(Section in parentheses clarified by the 16th Amendment.)

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 254,917
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Patriot 9,513
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 11 hr Ela 39
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr cpeter1313 310,940
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed Jesse 201,845
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web