Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745275 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104244 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you already have a service or starting from scratch? Plenty of good wireless home security camera kits at Home Depot or Lowes.
No there aren't, dummy, it's all a pile of cheap chinee crap like everything else in modern america. Don't waste your money folks, buy something made in Germany or Scandinavia... you'll be glad you did.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104245 Mar 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
San Jose State University Dept. of Economics? Hired gun?
That explains a lot.

Anyway...... on to the facts......

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/30/us-...

"U.S. seeks $2.1 billion from Bank of America in fraud case

By Nate Raymond

NEW YORK Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:08pm EST

Credit: Reuters/Chris Keane

(Reuters)- The U.S. government has raised the amount it is seeking in penalties from Bank of America Corp (BAC.N) to $2.1 billion after a jury found the bank was liable for fraud over defective mortgages sold by its Countrywide unit.

The request in a court filing late on Wednesday was based on gross revenue generated by the fraud, the government said. The Justice Department had previously asked for $863.6 million.

The initial request was based on gross losses it said government-sponsored mortgage finance companies Fannie Mae (FNMA.OB) and Freddie Mac (FMCC.OB) incurred on loans purchased from Countrywide Financial Corp in 2007 and 2008...."
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104246 Mar 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Some people in the audience are trying not to laugh.
In the audience? Heheheheheh... but then YOU show up with your stoopid hat on and crack them all up, huh?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1104247 Mar 26, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He had to sell the 1998 Honda Accord when he moved to Shady Pines in Temecula!!
I thought it was older than a 98. He talked about hoppin in the manual shift Honda Accord and heading to Maryland to save a few bucks on his likka. He also went on and on about his fear of cell phones interfering with his privacy. He's a rare bird that one is.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104248 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! No I don't. A funny thing. I'm the only person on the road that doesn't have a security system. Guess what? I'm the only person on the road that hasn't had something stolen. lmao! My security system is a great big WV Mountaineers flag flying out front. I've actually heard people walking by say "Don't mess with that house they have guns" LOL!
Well, cousin, consider that maybe them other houses had sumthin' worth stealin' an' y'all'l understand why you ain't got broke into yet. You jus' need one of them chinee trailer protectors and y'all'l be fine; they called "Dawgs." Sides, I already took from you what you thought you was savin' fo' when you cousin married into the family... l'il pink membrane....? Yessir, iff'n you want to see the best america has to offer, jus' head out to west virginia I always say.... Yeeeeee-hawwwwwwww..
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104249 Mar 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That explains a lot.
Anyway...... on to the facts......
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/0erica in fraud case
By Nate Raymond
NEW YORK Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:08pm EST
Credit: Reuters/Chris Keane
The request in a court filing late on Wednesday was based on gross revenue generated by the fraud, the government said. The Justice Department had previously asked for $863.6 million.
The initial request was based on gross losses and 2008...."
Ah, shut up, pony boy. Just let the monkey blow you and be glad you never have to make up any nonsense of your own.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1104250 Mar 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
If anyone wants to watch Obama speaking live in Belgium, here it is:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/26/watch-li...
He thinks NATO will suddenly become relevant and the United States will be one other country working together under NATO.
Anyone else believe that?
Obama just said his grandfather fought under General Patton. First time I've heard that.
World War II[edit]

Stanley Dunham, daughter Ann Dunham, grandchildren Maya and Barack
Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and served in the European Theatre of World War II with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. Stanley and his brother Ralph were deployed to France six weeks after D-Day.

Not quite sure how a unit supporting the Air Force would be under Patton's command but hey!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1104251 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! No I don't. A funny thing. I'm the only person on the road that doesn't have a security system. Guess what? I'm the only person on the road that hasn't had something stolen. lmao! My security system is a great big WV Mountaineers flag flying out front. I've actually heard people walking by say "Don't mess with that house they have guns" LOL!
More from that distorted world you reside in. What they really said is "Hell he's from W. Va. you know he doesn't have anything worth stealing".
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104252 Mar 26, 2014
Hey frack, turns out neither me nor that OTHER Olive care iff'n you wanna' get all these erased. Too late fo' y'all already anyways, ain't it? I already burned that image into y'all's atrophied brain of that big brown head spreadin' the tiny pink lips.... need I say mo'?

Ya know, I sorta remember you hootin' n' hollerin' bout how you done got somebody's posts removed... and I just wanted to make note of the fact y'all ain't done yet... are ya cracker?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1104253 Mar 26, 2014
Lorex security camera system reviews
Please share your story! Submit your review and let other people know on how you feel about your security camera system.
Top surveillance systems reviews
We purchased the Lorex camera system after reading the reviews. All I can say is they are the best investment we have purchased in a long time. We live in a really dark area and I had some concerns about the night vision. As it turns out, we can see just as good at dark as we can in the daylight. I give these cameras a 5 star plus. Anyone looking to invest in a great quality in security cams ? Then these are what you need. Thank you to lorex and best buy for allowing such a GREAT product.
Merritts
I have used a Lorex surveillance system in my business for several years. It used to reliably feed my signal down the internet.
Montie Ferns
Own a home security system works great. I upgraded to the lorex system that has color /four channel viewing/record feature. I would recommend a system like this to any business owner or home owner.
Daniel Kodger
This is a top of line system, that you can use for your home, that don't cost you an arm and a leg.
Kenneth Mcculley
"The Lorex L400 Series Networkable DVR was a valuable asset to us during our field trials. Thanks to the unit's ability to record and store 6 channels of video simultaneously, we were able to to avoid having to use multiple tape decks and dozens of video tapes, all of which would have created greater logistical hurdles for us to overcome. The DVR's ability to connect to it remotely over TCP/IP is a exceptionally convenient feature we have used here in the building, and intend to take full advantage of during our next series of field trials."
Jon Power
Lorex offers quality security equipment at a great price! I am using two 15Ē LCD DVR security systems at our store and they work great. I really like your equipment. Can't beat the price for what you get.
John McMonagle
I just installed this today and for someone who does not know much about diy projects at home i am able to install this in minutes! you can mount it anywhere and it holds real tight, the remote control comes in handy because you can adjust the settings to your preference, the night vision is clear and the audio recording is sharp, it does not glare even if you mount it or hide it behind a glass window from your house, i will highly recommend this to anybody!
Bunny Loo
Great deals on great systems for DIYer's.
Tom Moalli
Thank you I love my system, easy to install
ďHere's the picture of Duncan watching the budgie-cam! This has been a really unique experience. I've been watching them while studying, and I could see what they were doing when they were making strange noises. I watched Violet cause all kinds of trouble, and I could tell when they were hungry. The most important discovery I made was watching Icarus (I knew it was him because he stays in the same spot all day everyday)Ė every time I looked up I saw him picking at his back feathers, so I went and picked him up to have a look at his back and found a small tumor. I was able to put some antibacterial soothing cream on the spot where he'd been picking."
Staysea Johnston
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1104254 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
No don't have cameras; was looking at them online, but there are so many to choose from;
what brand would you recommend?
suggest you get one light enough to throw at the intruder before he kills you....

or get a gun....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104255 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> World War II[edit]
Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and served in the European Theatre of World War II with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. Stanley and his brother Ralph were deployed to France six weeks after D-Day.
Not quite sure how a unit supporting the Air Force would be under Patton's command but hey!!!
That explains a lot.....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104256 Mar 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't they all bought? The one with the most money wins.[sarcasm]
Why is it sarcasm? Have any of you ever BEEN to Washington DC? You need to visit just to appreciate the sheer intellectual gems here that "represent" your districts. You need to sit down with a guy whose eyes don't focus properly and think to yourself... "Boy, I'm screwed aren't I?"

These folks here are ALLLLLL bought and paid for. There's no free agents here. It's like you folks always say, "you gets what y'all pays fo'." Democracy only works when you take business and money out of the loop. Citizen's United screwed that concept right up the ass.... not that it wasn't well-screwed long before that...
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1104257 Mar 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so unfair, racist and misleading.
Michelle said:
"And my story isnít unusual in America. Some of our most famous athletes, like LeBron James, and artists, like the singer Janelle Monae, came from struggling families like mine, as do many business leaders -- like Howard Schultz. Heís the head of a company called Starbucks, which many of you may have heard of. When Mr. Schultz was a boy his father lost his job, leaving their family destitute. But Mr. Schultz worked hard. He got a scholarship to a university, and eventually built the largest coffeehouse company in the world.(By the way, cretin, Howard Schultz is white.)
And then thereís this other guy I know who was raised by a single mother who sometimes struggled to afford food for their family. But like me, this guy got scholarships and loans to attend universities. He became a lawyer and a professor, and then he was a state senator and then a national senator. And then, he became President of the United States. This guy Iím talking about is my husband, Barack Obama.(Applause.)
These stories are the stories of so many Americans, and of America itself. Because in America, we believe that no matter where you live or how much money your parents have, or what race or religion or ethnicity you are, if you work hard and believe in yourself, then you should have a chance to succeed. We also believe that everyone is equal, and that we all have the right to say what we think and worship as we choose, even when others donít like what we say or donít always agree with what we believe."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/michelle-...
Scholarships and loans? Moochelle might be the only one besides Bill Ayers and Valerie Jarrett who have seen Obammy's sealed records. But she left out the part about living in Kenya and feasting on dog meat. And writing two fictional autobiographies.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104258 Mar 26, 2014
america's a dump. Let's face it. We haven't "won" anything in 60 years and all we do is consume chinee crap and then throw it out 2 months later once it breaks. We deserve the hosing we're going to get. Where else in the world would you find people trying to buy condos on real estate that's going to be underwater in 10 years?
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1104259 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm originally from MA; was shocked that he even got elected; and then implementing healthcare was even a bigger shock.
Too bad he ran away from his own accomplishment; perhaps he could have won if he ran on universal healthcare nationwide.
But, Romney is a hypocrite and a liar and an opportunist. I don't think there is one authentic thing about him.
"...a hypocrite and a liar and an opportunist"? Did you really slur, "...a hypocrite and a liar and an opportunist"?... LOL ... You and Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1104260 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> World War II[edit]
C'mon Flack__are you taking lessons from Carol or something? The Air Force wasn't born until 1947__prior it was the Army Air Force.

Billy Mitchell?.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104261 Mar 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That explains a lot.....
Not to you it doesn't, you haven't had an independent thought since you were 5 and decided to shit in your mom's underwear drawer. Go play with the other retard kids...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1104262 Mar 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that the black community should have the right to practice genocide on their children.....
You have to be one of the biggest pieces of white trash ever. One would have to figure your old lady ran off with a black person. Hell after you anyone would be a bargain.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104264 Mar 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
suggest you get one light enough to throw at the intruder before he kills you....
or get a gun....
Shut up badger-dick. You have nothing to say, you're just more white trash in a chat-room on the internet trying to pretend that your sagging triceps are your wings instead of bags of fat and wrinkled skin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 30 min June VanDerMark 336,757
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Chosen Traveler 35,803
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2