Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345584 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1102558 Mar 23, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
The poster counters the BS you so poorly try to spew on a regular basis, yoiu are just to stoopid to comprehend. Run coward, run
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
it is cute that you still try...kind of like daddy's little helper, huh?

why is it you have absolutely nothing to add to conversations..just detractions and hate...and then you end with "peace"

you are the biggest hypocrite on topix, and that is saying quite a bit...every single one of your posts points out what an asshole hypocrite you are.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1102559 Mar 23, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Some clarification needed. Would this separation prevent a priest from running for congress?
No__not at all but it wouldn't give a clergyman any sort of advantage. Perhaps you recall Pat Robertson's runs for public office__and Jesse Jackson's.

William Penn actually checked in on that very topic well before the First Continental Congress.

"William Penn, a pious man, a Quaker, had no use for church or clergy."

Pennsylvania and Delaware were the models for the new nation__Penn's Philadelphia was America's grandest city__had the founding fathers met elsewhere the new nation would have been much different and likely wouldn't have lasted very long.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1102560 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, why would it?
you should read the whole amendment...
Just clarifying. Why would you think I didn't read it when asking for your interpretation of it?
Gray Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Murrieta, CA

#1102561 Mar 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Patrick, I'll bet he didn't knock Zimmerman.
Pfffttt, squirt, Pffttt. Change your bag and diaper, your Colon is hanging out

Minnesota's North Coast

#1102562 Mar 23, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Just clarifying. Why would you think I didn't read it when asking for your interpretation of it?
because only someone who didn't read the whole amendment,(or understand it) would ask that question...

Bordentown, NJ

#1102563 Mar 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No__not at all but it wouldn't give a clergyman any sort of advantage. Perhaps you recall Pat Robertson's runs for public office__and Jesse Jackson's.
William Penn actually checked in on that very topic well before the First Continental Congress.
"William Penn, a pious man, a Quaker, had no use for church or clergy."
Pennsylvania and Delaware were the models for the new nation__Penn's Philadelphia was America's grandest city__had the founding fathers met elsewhere the new nation would have been much different and likely wouldn't have lasted very long.
That's good to hear you say. Sometimes that great wall of separation between state establishment and free exercise get a little convoluted with some people. I'm not a religious person at all, but am concerned with thought police, teachers being suspended for wearing a cross and so on. On the other hand, I get concerned with some idiots on the other side introducing marriage amendments and so on.

Not only those people you mention, but I recall catholic priests being elected to congress in the late sixties or early seventies, one from Massachusetts, I believe. Our first speaker of the house was a Lutheran minister.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1102564 Mar 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishment Clause of the First Amendment: forbidding an official establishment of religion.
"Forbidding an official establishment of religion" - i.e. The Church of England - which is why the first colonists settled in the New World to exercise their own freedom of religion

You people get so mixed up sometimes. But then again you have Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi on your side. No wonder.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1102565 Mar 23, 2014
Gray Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
<quoted text>Pfffttt, squirt, Pffttt. Change your bag and diaper, your Colon is hanging out
Waa, waa. I own you fk face. I think you are amusing, a little [lot] weird. What a life you must not have.LMAO.

Bordentown, NJ

#1102566 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because only someone who didn't read the whole amendment,(or understand it) would ask that question...
Only in your mind, I'm asking for your understanding. You seem to be good at pulling on noses, but offer no opinions or positions of your own. Fugetaboutit!

Murrieta, CA

#1102567 Mar 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa. I own you fk face. I think you are amusing, a little [lot] weird. What a life you must not have.LMAO.
You like owning grown men, weird and gay, just like your folks.

Orlando, FL

#1102568 Mar 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney asked for his ethics investigation.
pretty sure Tom Delay didn't.
Barney Frank admitted he hired a male prostitute to be his personal assistant and admitted it wasn't an "arms length" relationship.

And kept his job. Good thing he didn't tap his foot in a public restroom...

Boy, are you people slow on the uptake or what!

Orlando, FL

#1102569 Mar 23, 2014
The Church of England was an established religion.

These liberals are MUCH too slow on the uptake. No question about it.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1102570 Mar 23, 2014
Gray Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
<quoted text>You like owning grown men, weird and gay, just like your folks.
Hey, if you want to come out of the closet feel free. Your old lady told me that you were penis deprived anyway. Man, talk about a gobbler, Yahoo. You and Galt make a lovely couple...you are both bitches. LMAO, BWAAAAAA

Minnesota's North Coast

#1102571 Mar 23, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your mind, I'm asking for your understanding. You seem to be good at pulling on noses, but offer no opinions or positions of your own. Fugetaboutit!
ummmm...yeah...sure.

i clearly did offer my position and opinion on it...

why would you so clearly lie about that?

Minnesota's North Coast

#1102572 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
The Church of England was an established religion.
These liberals are MUCH too slow on the uptake. No question about it.
still is, isn't it?

even Us states had established religions..

but look back at those times..the people for the most part were superstitious fools that would believe anything told to them by supposed learned people.

we live in a modern, rational world. no state religions. no national religion. the further we get from those stupid religious cults the better off our society is...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1102573 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney Frank admitted he hired a male prostitute to be his personal assistant and admitted it wasn't an "arms length" relationship.
And kept his job. Good thing he didn't tap his foot in a public restroom...
Boy, are you people slow on the uptake or what!
having a gigolo has never been illegal soliciting sex in a public venue is..

try to think, fool...your prejudice is getting in the way of your brain..oh wait...you never seemed to have on e of those..

Murrieta, CA

#1102574 Mar 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if you want to come out of the closet feel free. Your old lady told me that you were penis deprived anyway. Man, talk about a gobbler, Yahoo. You and Galt make a lovely couple...you are both bitches. LMAO, BWAAAAAA
Is that all you got left in you? My old lady wouldn't talk to an old balding, pony tail wearing fat old LibTard with a colostomy bag like you, you've confused her with your girlfriend dem

Murrieta, CA

#1102575 Mar 23, 2014
God these 65 year old hippies are sure fun to fck with, old and bitter, wearing diapers and popping pills to get an erection so they can squirt another weak bag into their old lady's clam. Laugher

Bordentown, NJ

#1102576 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...yeah...sure.
i clearly did offer my position and opinion on it...
why would you so clearly lie about that?
Your opinion was they are separate, not clarifying what separate is in your opinion.
Then it was about chastising Galt when he offered his opinion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102577 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Forbidding an official establishment of religion" - i.e. The Church of England - which is why the first colonists settled in the New World to exercise their own freedom of religion
You people get so mixed up sometimes. But then again you have Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi on your side. No wonder.
Church of England?

has to be the weakest argument ever presented in trying to claim that the Constitution says what it doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min thetruth 253,284
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruins 31,883
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr Earthling-1 8,534
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Kathwynn 310,631
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 3 KeS 201,847
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb 3 Fart news 89
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Feb 2 Sonny 2
More from around the web