Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619682 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101716 Mar 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That story times a million__maybe more__and those folks sounded white__just saying.
racist Obama voting baaastard
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101717 Mar 21, 2014
Anyone think Obama is making the world safer?

Has the USA gained respect now that Obama is president?

NOT!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1101718 Mar 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-topic again.
You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a flyswatter.
Poor Oink, you just can't get out of that barn yard huh? Just curious why would a sane person want to hit the side of a barn with a fly swatter? Boy do you know how to have fun.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1101719 Mar 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you already had a photo ID. So a photo ID law did not affect you at all.
sure it would. Its not tattoo d to my forehead. And in the last year I lost my wallet, the replacement photo id didn't come out my....you know what. Getting a photo id is a hurdle everyone would have to face, some have already faced it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1101720 Mar 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In that case it wouldn't just be GM but all the manufacturers__correct?
And truth be told all manufacturers probably have similar problems__I can personally vouch for replacing a $386 ignition switch and having to go through having one key for the doors and another for the ignition.
The owners manual explains the key chain deal btw. Perhaps the print isn't bold enough for the truly stupid.
Did you note that the gas cap needs to be tightened__three clicks? Otherwise what?
Stupid fk!!!
the check engine light comes on....no big deal.....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1101721 Mar 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wivoices.org/2011/12/10/wisconsin-...
March 6, a Dane County Judge placed a temporary restraining order on the Voter ID bill, calling it the “single most restrictive voter eligibility law” in the United States. Local elections all over the state on April 3, 2012 operated under the previous law. A second judge placed a permanent injunction on the law. A trial on whether to grant a permanent injunction is scheduled for April 16. This issue is expected to reach the WI Supreme Court.
Rita: On November 23 (2011), John and I drove down the day before Thanksgiving, because we were both lucky enough to have the day off … hoping to get our Wisconsin driver’s licenses. It is a long haul down to the DMV, and it takes some time at the DMV, and it is a long haul back up, so we wanted to do it on a day when we didn’t have work.
----------
So, as soon as we got there another customer told us that the computers were down and that he’d been there all morning. We must’ve gotten there sometime around 10 or 11:00 am, and he said he’d been there since it opened [8:00]. And so we thought (Hugh…rolled eyes),“What a bummer! The one day we could come here the computers are down and we can’t get our licenses.” Then, the gals behind the counter encouraged us to get our paperwork filled out, in the hopes that when we were finished the computers would be up and running.
So, we filled out the paperwork, and the gal asked for my identification. I gave her my expired Iowa state driver’s license.[Rita and John moved to WI 18 months ago] And I gave her my pay stub for my school district in St. Croix Falls, where I teach. She said these didn’t count as proof of identification and that I needed either a certified birth certificate or a passport, neither of which I had. Then, I asked her if I could, at least, get a voter ID, since I’d like to vote in the next election. She said,“No.” I couldn’t get that either because I’d need either a certified birth certificate or a valid passport to get a voter I.D., as well.
Finally, I told her that I’d previously been a Wisconsin resident (from the mid ‘80’s – mid 90’s) and that I’d had a driver’s license at that time. Then, she said,“Oh, if you’ve already had a Wisconsin driver’s license, then you can get a new one and you don’t need the other proof.” So, she got on the computer…which, I still don’t understand because she said it was down, but she was able to find some information on the computer about me.…She was able to see my old license on the screen but for some reason she couldn’t see enough information for it to count. So, at that point I knew that there was no chance to get a license or voter I.D.
I was super, super frustrated at that point. And, um, and you know, I’d watched John struggle to get his, too, and also be denied. So, we left, and that was the end of the story for that day.
John:… fair enough, computers go down…but I went in there with a current Iowa driver’s license, social security card, proof of residency here – a bank statement, and a pay stub. They said,“No, that doesn’t count as proof of your identity.” They also said that I had no proof that I was a United States citizen, because all a social security card says is that at some point I was allowed to work here. So, you know, it is hard in that situation to not want to argue with the women that are working there. But at the same time you realize that they are just employees.
go right ahead and put your trust on judges

"An Oklahoma state judge frequently masturbated and used a device for enhancing erections while his court was in session, charges a petition by the state's attorney general seeking his removal. "
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1101722 Mar 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't lie dumbazz__in Florida you will be asked to provide a photo ID, even though your name/address already appears on the FVRS list.
If you don't have a photo ID__the fkrs start whispering__what part of that don't you get?
the part where it gets old farts like you upset instead of just reminding them of the law....

other states already require that your signature be compared to the signature on record when you vote.....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1101723 Mar 21, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs obammmieKKKare is working...
"Oregon health exchange loses second boss: Report"
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101512460
AND, just like the Affordable Care Act, despite their website problems Cover Oregon is a success.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1101724 Mar 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I undersand your problem..
You're a f*cking idiot.
When there is a requirement for a photo ID to vote:
Poll Worker: "Show me your photo ID."
voter: "I don't have one."
Poll worker: "You cannot vote."
It is that simple.
But hey keep making an ass out of yourself on this subject. It's something you're good at - besides poking sharp sticks into defenseless animals.
Poll Worker: "Show me your photo ID."
voter: "I don't have one."
Poll worker: "You cannot vote"

genius!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1101725 Mar 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
But a flyswatter comes in handy to take care of the "embellisher" sockpuppet Grey Ghost. He's been on his "glorious" vacation to the East Coast for two years now!
Only in your distorted small mind old homebound freak. I'm from here, I plan on living here for the rest of my life, don't you wish you had a life? I've been back to Calif. 5 times since I've been here and all that while you managed to get out to two liquor stores and propositions eight hookers with out any success. Of course you are like your hero Limpbaugh. You get elections and erection mixed up. And the same length of time for each to happen.LMAO AYS
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101726 Mar 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Oink, you just can't get out of that barn yard huh? Just curious why would a sane person want to hit the side of a barn with a fly swatter? Boy do you know how to have fun.
Hi Wilhelm from Germany!

So how is your "glorious" vacation going? Is that big (in your mind) 50K per year allowing you to live like a King? It helps you pay for that VPN service I bet, right sockpuppet!

Baawwaaahhh!!!!

Poor frustrated liberal. Maybe Obama will save you!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101727 Mar 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, just like the Affordable Care Act, despite their website problems Cover Oregon is a success.
Baawwaaahhh!!!!

"Oregon’s failed exchange launch has been one of the most intriguing stories of the Obamacare rollout"

The $228,000 review, ordered three months ago, was based on interviews with 67 stakeholders and more than 3,200 documents. It found two major themes contributing to the botched rollout:

- Lack of communication.

- Unrealistic optimism <--- Just like YOU! Libtard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1101728 Mar 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wivoices.org/2011/12/10/wisconsin-...
March 6, a Dane County Judge placed a temporary restraining order on the Voter ID bill, calling it the “single most restrictive voter eligibility law” in the United States. Local elections all over the state on April 3, 2012 operated under the previous law. A second judge placed a permanent injunction on the law. A trial on whether to grant a permanent injunction is scheduled for April 16. This issue is expected to reach the WI Supreme Court.
Rita: On November 23 (2011), John and I drove down the day before Thanksgiving, because we were both lucky enough to have the day off … hoping to get our Wisconsin driver’s licenses. It is a long haul down to the DMV, and it takes some time at the DMV, and it is a long haul back up, so we wanted to do it on a day when we didn’t have work.
----------
So, as soon as we got there another customer told us that the computers were down and that he’d been there all morning. We must’ve gotten there sometime around 10 or 11:00 am, and he said he’d been there since it opened [8:00]. And so we thought (Hugh…rolled eyes),“What a bummer! The one day we could come here the computers are down and we can’t get our licenses.” Then, the gals behind the counter encouraged us to get our paperwork filled out, in the hopes that when we were finished the computers would be up and running.
So, we filled out the paperwork, and the gal asked for my identification. I gave her my expired Iowa state driver’s license.[Rita and John moved to WI 18 months ago] And I gave her my pay stub for my school district in St. Croix Falls, where I teach. She said these didn’t count as proof of identification and that I needed either a certified birth certificate or a passport, neither of which I had. Then, I asked her if I could, at least, get a voter ID, since I’d like to vote in the next election. She said,“No.” I couldn’t get that either because I’d need either a certified birth certificate or a valid passport to get a voter I.D., as well.
Finally, I told her that I’d previously been a Wisconsin resident (from the mid ‘80’s – mid 90’s) and that I’d had a driver’s license at that time. Then, she said,“Oh, if you’ve already had a Wisconsin driver’s license, then you can get a new one and you don’t need the other proof.” So, she got on the computer…which, I still don’t understand because she said it was down, but she was able to find some information on the computer about me.…She was able to see my old license on the screen but for some reason she couldn’t see enough information for it to count. So, at that point I knew that there was no chance to get a license or voter I.D.
I was super, super frustrated at that point. And, um, and you know, I’d watched John struggle to get his, too, and also be denied. So, we left, and that was the end of the story for that day.
John:… fair enough, computers go down…but I went in there with a current Iowa driver’s license, social security card, proof of residency here – a bank statement, and a pay stub. They said,“No, that doesn’t count as proof of your identity.” They also said that I had no proof that I was a United States citizen, because all a social security card says is that at some point I was allowed to work here. So, you know, it is hard in that situation to not want to argue with the women that are working there. But at the same time you realize that they are just employees.
John was driving illegally with an Iowa driver's license 18 months after he had moved to Wisconsin.......

irresponsible maggot.....

out-of-state drivers moving to California need either a birth certificate, passport, or similar identification to obtain a driver's license....and have 10 days to obtain a license....
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1101730 Mar 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would the fraud be?
What advantage would one get by buying health insurance under a fake name?
Really?

Next from Duh A Vey, we'll hear he trying to tell us a hundred plus illegal aliens crammed like sardines into 1300 square feet of building, are all actually legal citizens.

("Gaw you people are sooo stoopid" sometimes!!)
Hawley Hunter

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1101731 Mar 21, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn right I'm the butcher. I'm a regular sharp edged virtuoso. Pretty damn proficient with firearms too. I just love my new PPK/S .380 Auto. ;)
If you love it so much why don't you gay-marry it?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1101732 Mar 21, 2014
Hawley Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>If you love it so much why don't you gay-marry it?
Lol!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101733 Mar 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your distorted small mind old homebound freak. I'm from here, I plan on living here for the rest of my life, don't you wish you had a life? I've been back to Calif. 5 times since I've been here and all that while you managed to get out to two liquor stores and propositions eight hookers with out any success. Of course you are like your hero Limpbaugh. You get elections and erection mixed up. And the same length of time for each to happen.LMAO AYS
Baawwaahhhhh!!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101734 Mar 21, 2014
Grey Ghost 2012:

I'm going on a "glorious" vacation to the East Coast!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101735 Mar 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That story times a million__maybe more__and those folks sounded white__just saying.
\

You are a racist loser...

just saying.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1101736 Mar 21, 2014
Obama's Government Motors (GM) may have recalled 3.2 million vehicles for everything from ignition switch problems that killed at least a dozen people – to air bag, brake and front impact test defects – but that hasn’t stopped some dealers from selling the flagged cars.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/03...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min Babock 318,328
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 34,441
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web