Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1348719 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1099202 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb is Dumbwaiter??
He has the gall to complain about others "mindless regurgitating", when he then posts "why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?" for the gazillionth time.
Where's the jobs, Dopey ?

Oh, here they are:

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

- See more at: http://keystone-xl.com/about/jobs-and-economi ...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1099203 Mar 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the better question is how much less they would charge if prostate coverage was removed. There are some things that don't make sense to separate by demographics, but when your dealing with gender based care, its easy and cheap. Your just too damn enamored with Obama to think logically.
You're once again lost on the subject of health insurance pal__just sayin.

As a reminder, this is a very old thread, with comments from years ago__seems you get dumber as time passes.

Who is paying for your health coverage? Do you even have health coverage?

“you know i know”

denver

#1099204 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb is Dumbwaiter??
He has the gall to complain about others "mindless regurgitating", when he then posts "why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?" for the gazillionth time.
Here's some more, Dopey:

Jobs Bills - Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader

majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/&#8206 ;

Majority leader

Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about ... 72 - Passed by the House (391-28) on February 11, 2011.

[PDF]
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN ...

kelly.house.gov/sites/...house.../Jobs.PDF&am... ...... ;

United States House of R...

HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN THE SENATE ... Protecting Jobs From Government ... Budget for Fiscal Year 2012 H. Con .Res.

House passes jobs bill with wide bipartisan margins - Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com/.../house-passes-jobs -... ;

The Washington Post

Mar 8, 2012 - In a rare show of bipartisanship, the House approved a measure Thursday designed to make it easier for small businesses to launch initial ...

25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate ...

www.speaker.gov/.../25-house-passed-jobs-bill ... ;

John Boehner

The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the ... the House in November,“removes barriers to doing business” for job creators.

Your hero Il Douche doesn't give a rat's ass about jobs, he's a liar and a failure.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1099205 Mar 17, 2014
Red States legislatures & Governors are legislating taking the science of global warming out of the classroom.
What is taught in science should be dictated by educators & scientists, not Republican politicians.
Let it up to Republicans to make kids dumber because it helps their party.

“you know i know”

denver

#1099206 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the exchanges on the ACA were never meant to compete with most employer provided insurance premiums.
Second of all, you are a liar. Comparable coverage would not be double in the exchanges unless, of course, you are only considering her share of the premiums.
Really, Dopey? Were you there looking over my shoulder? No, you're a liar like Il Douche, the liar in chief. Everything about Obamakare is a lie, gawd you're dumb.

He lied, then lied again and again and again.

When will anyone save $2500 a year like the liar in chief promised?

And where's the jobs he promised?

“you know i know”

denver

#1099207 Mar 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the questions again. You can answer the last question first, if it helps your case.
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Hillary Clinton lie to Congress, lie to the entire country, and lie to Ty Woods' father standing right in front of Ty Woods' casket?
What evidence did the White House or State Department have of any spontaneous demonstration that never happen that Obama lied about for two weeks?
Americans died

Il Douche lied

and lied

and lied

and lied

Fox showing a 4 year old interview of Barry lying and lying and lying and lying about ObamaKare, I just love technology.

“you know i know”

denver

#1099208 Mar 17, 2014
Jesus christ, it is so painful listening to Il Douche "talk", the man is an idiot'

10 year old: why does the president talk so funny?

True story

“you know i know”

denver

#1099210 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So avoid the question, I get it.
Because if you admitted that insurance companies would not add anything onto a woman's policy for prostate care, it would make your post to look really really stupid. Probably because it was.
Il Douche " if you like your policy you'll be able to keep it"

was that a lie or not?

21,000 pages of regulations for Obamakare, so far , and dimwitted dems think somehow this monstrosity can work.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099211 Mar 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What did bushie boy do for 8 years son?
I know, I know (hand waving violently in the air):

1. Bush pulled the United States out of the Kyoto protocol which set requirements for 38 large nations to lower greenhouse gas emissions in order to combat climate change.

2. He ignored several warnings about Osama bin Laden.

3. He escalated the war on drugs, incarcerating minorities at a record pace for nonviolent, drug related offenses.

4. Instead of embracing the help of our major allies after 9/11, he declared a global war on terrorism and stated,“you are either with us or against us“.(Basic Republican mantra)

5. He deceived America by creating a false narrative that Iraq was an ally of Afghanistan in their war of terror against the U.S.

6. He lied about the scope and magnitude of Iraq’s weapons.

7. He ignored the United Nations and launched an illegal preemptive war.

8. His staff leaked the name and endangered the life of Valerie Plame in retaliation for the Op-Ed pieced penned by her husband, Joseph C. Wilson, a writer for the New York Times, which said there was no credible nuclear threat from Iraq.

9. He exonerated Scooter Libby.

10. He forced American taxpayers to foot the bill for hundreds of no-bid contracts to some of the world’s most powerful military contractors. VP Dick Cheney and his company Halliburton made a healthy $39.5 billion profit.

11. He destroyed America’s standing in the world by ignoring the international ban on torture.

12. He created spiraling federal deficits.

13. He instated the reckless and unnecessary Bush tax cuts. The biggest experiment in supply-side trickle down economics in history, the Bush tax cuts resulted in catastrophe, blowing a hole in the federal budget and leading to unprecedented social economic inequality.

14. Whether blocking stem cell research, loosening environmental regulations, saying that evolution is a theory, and cutting Pell Grants, he never stopped trying to make America dumber and less healthy.

15. He destroyed the American middle-class. Median household incomes declined by 4.2%, social economic inequality reached epidemic proportions, and the middle-class took on more debt than at any time since the Great Depression. His policies led to 8 million Americans falling below the poverty line, 3.5 million of those being children.

16. His policies led to the 2007 Great Recession.

17. He stood by and watched as 35 million uninsured Americans risked death and financial ruin without proper and affordable health care.

http://aattp.org/the-top-20-ways-president-bu...

“you know i know”

denver

#1099212 Mar 17, 2014
Sebilus is an incompetent boob, Il Douche rewards incompetence.

Il Douche sends Americans to the most dangerous place on the planet[Libya] without adequate security.

Then he hides under his bed for 4 1/2 hours.

Shrillary refuses phone call from second in command in Libya, doesn't even call him back.

These are your demorats.

“you know i know”

denver

#1099213 Mar 17, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> And how did it come about that the wealthiest Americans were able to keep more of their personal wealth or recover lost wealth in a economic downturn? Well, beginning in the early 1980's Ronald Reagan was elected President and immediately cut the marginal tax rate for the wealthiest Americans to 28%, fired the Air Traffic Controllers and crushed their Union, to give just two anti-Labor,anti-Middle Class policy examples--and Bush W when elected in 2000 by U S Supreme Court decree in Bush v. Gore ruling) immediately gave another whopping tax cut to the wealthiest Americans. And when President Obama ,in trying to be fair to the Middle Class, gives them a 2% payroll tax cut that added $120 million dollars to average workers expendable income (not even close to what a very small U S Corporations' CEO makes),Republicans raised holy hell and screamed that we can't afford it. Right. We could afford to spend over $1 Trillion dollars on George W Bush's two overseas wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we can't afford to give back to our own American workers a small tax cut?
What a clown you are, Reagan has been out of office for 26 years, nice try, the article lays it out quite clearly, Il Douche and the fed are propping up WS and the 1%, you , sir, are a fool.

Where;s the jobs Porkulus was supposed to create?

They don't exist.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1099214 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Red States legislatures & Governors are legislating taking the science of global warming out of the classroom.
What is taught in science should be dictated by educators & scientists, not Republican politicians.
Let it up to Republicans to make kids dumber because it helps their party.
Thanks for confirming you are dumber than sh*t, DumbDave.

Make sure you turn off your heat and live in cave, god forbid, you contribute to your Glow Bull Warming or whatever a moron like you calls it today.

At least Republicans are for vocher and school choice whereas a moron like you and your fellow Democrats are for union teacher pay and forcing kids to stay in underperforming schools.

You are an idiot. Google that, moron.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099215 Mar 17, 2014
Nostilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
And in honor of this perfectly reasonable beer company's - and past employer - choice, I, myself, am taking a cool, mellow bath in the stuff right now along with.... Susan? Susan. Susan is not Irish in any way that I could determine, however, sometimes you have to look very carefully to be sure.... Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody in the rest of the country who forgot how to celebrate it correctly!(This is not simply an erotic experience I should mention, without Susan in the tub with me the lovely stuff doesn't come up to my sternum. With her, however, it rises to head level. Young people today have marvelous breath control... simply marvelous) I worry that I was in the parade today even though I didn't mean to be, 16?
I think you are safe. I didn't see anyone resembling what I imagine you look like in the parade. Enjoy your day...night. The extent of my celebrating was the wearing of green.

“you know i know”

denver

#1099216 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if you admitted that insurance companies would not add anything onto a woman's policy for prostate care, it would make your post to look really really stupid. Probably because it was.
Avoid the question, Dopey, trillions spent on Porkulus, where's the jobs?

Oh, here they are:

Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange

America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.

How many gave hugely to Il Douche?

Shipping jobs overseas?

Here. Dopey, Il Douche supporters:

Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:

DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.

In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing-Oba ...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
"

When it comes to their own bottom line, Hollywood is as avaricious as anyone else.

Deny it, dopey dave,

Petal Power

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#1099218 Mar 17, 2014
Yesssss he IS..!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1099219 Mar 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know (hand waving violently in the air):
1. Bush pulled the United States out of the Kyoto protocol which set requirements for 38 large nations to lower greenhouse gas emissions in order to combat climate change.
2. He ignored several warnings about Osama bin Laden.
3. He escalated the war on drugs, incarcerating minorities at a record pace for nonviolent, drug related offenses.
4. Instead of embracing the help of our major allies after 9/11, he declared a global war on terrorism and stated,“you are either with us or against us“.(Basic Republican mantra)
5. He deceived America by creating a false narrative that Iraq was an ally of Afghanistan in their war of terror against the U.S.
6. He lied about the scope and magnitude of Iraq’s weapons.
7. He ignored the United Nations and launched an illegal preemptive war.
8. His staff leaked the name and endangered the life of Valerie Plame in retaliation for the Op-Ed pieced penned by her husband, Joseph C. Wilson, a writer for the New York Times, which said there was no credible nuclear threat from Iraq.
9. He exonerated Scooter Libby.
10. He forced American taxpayers to foot the bill for hundreds of no-bid contracts to some of the world’s most powerful military contractors. VP Dick Cheney and his company Halliburton made a healthy $39.5 billion profit.
11. He destroyed America’s standing in the world by ignoring the international ban on torture.
12. He created spiraling federal deficits.
13. He instated the reckless and unnecessary Bush tax cuts. The biggest experiment in supply-side trickle down economics in history, the Bush tax cuts resulted in catastrophe, blowing a hole in the federal budget and leading to unprecedented social economic inequality.
14. Whether blocking stem cell research, loosening environmental regulations, saying that evolution is a theory, and cutting Pell Grants, he never stopped trying to make America dumber and less healthy.
15. He destroyed the American middle-class. Median household incomes declined by 4.2%, social economic inequality reached epidemic proportions, and the middle-class took on more debt than at any time since the Great Depression. His policies led to 8 million Americans falling below the poverty line, 3.5 million of those being children.
16. His policies led to the 2007 Great Recession.
17. He stood by and watched as 35 million uninsured Americans risked death and financial ruin without proper and affordable health care.
http://aattp.org/the-top-20-ways-president-bu...
lol! Ok, since the primary participant has run away in fear, I declare you the winner!!!!

I would also like to add my 2 cents:

1) He toyed with the idea of using troops to arrest American citizens.

2) He toyed with the idea of putting the SSA retirement system into the hands of the open market.

3) He asked Russia for permission to give aid to Georgia

4) He looked good sitting in his aircraft flying over New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina

5) He thought "Brownie" did a good job in his response to Katrina

6) He pushed and got the Patriot Act passed (thankfully, it wasn't passed as a permanent enforcement tool as he wanted.)

7) And surprisingly, he got the NW Hawaiian islands declared a monument site (now this one I was happy about. But I really need to thank Laura!)
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1099220 Mar 17, 2014
DumbDave...

Stuck in the plantation of stupid:
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He gets it?

Baawwaahhh!!!!

“you know i know”

denver

#1099223 Mar 17, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> And how did it come about that the wealthiest Americans were able to keep more of their personal wealth or recover lost wealth in a economic downturn? Well, beginning in the early 1980's Ronald Reagan was elected President and immediately cut the marginal tax rate for the wealthiest Americans to 28%, fired the Air Traffic Controllers and crushed their Union, to give just two anti-Labor,anti-Middle Class policy examples--and Bush W when elected in 2000 by U S Supreme Court decree in Bush v. Gore ruling) immediately gave another whopping tax cut to the wealthiest Americans. And when President Obama ,in trying to be fair to the Middle Class, gives them a 2% payroll tax cut that added $120 million dollars to average workers expendable income (not even close to what a very small U S Corporations' CEO makes),Republicans raised holy hell and screamed that we can't afford it. Right. We could afford to spend over $1 Trillion dollars on George W Bush's two overseas wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we can't afford to give back to our own American workers a small tax cut?
More education for you wee .little man, no president can cut tax rates for anyone, you are seriously confused. What you really mean is Reagan, Tip O'Neil and both parties cut the tax rate.

No need to thank me, I take educating the ignorant as my mission here on Topix.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1099224 Mar 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Dopey? Were you there looking over my shoulder? No, you're a liar like Il Douche, the liar in chief. Everything about Obamakare is a lie, gawd you're dumb.
He lied, then lied again and again and again.
When will anyone save $2500 a year like the liar in chief promised?
And where's the jobs he promised?
Your obsession is just that. You don't know squat about healthcare. You simply sing the song that you are programmed to sing. Self thought or the desire to find the truth is nonexistent with you baggers. I just helped a waitress get on Obamacare and she was paying over $500,00 a month and now she is paying less than half of that with far better coverage. I have now helped 6 people sign up and they all have saved along with getting better care, some more than others. So you programmed minions can cry until the cows come home Obamacare is here to stay and is making a great comeback. Just wait until November when we will be on a real roll and your suicide rate will be at its highest level ever. Good riddance. Over 5 Milliion and growing, as the un American baggers gasp.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1099225 Mar 17, 2014
Putin is laughing at Obama, yet again....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr EXPERT 253,660
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr litesong 8,697
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Kathwynn 310,662
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Bruins 31,901
Garry wilson investment company Fri Michael Derman 3
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 10 123 say 201,847
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 7 Mary 284
More from around the web