Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1709668 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Mr Lib

United States

#1099905 Mar 19, 2014
Listen to the GOP canary birds chirping the same song, over and over.

As if Bush and his catastrophic legacy never happened.

It's like 9-11 all over again. Wahhh! Clinton did it!

lol
Mr Lib

United States

#1099906 Mar 19, 2014
Penelope Cruz-Bardem wrote:
Meanwhile, all you impotent old white people tear the yellowing flesh off the bones of jur neighbor, even as he ees having hees diaper changed by the nurse hired by jur very resentful son/daugter. You will even eat the tender (yet polluted by jur pesteeeeesides) flesh of jur grandchildren -- anything to have a few more days, a few more minutes doing ...what -- watching Judge Yudi berating another eediot who ees possibly even stupider than ju (but not by much, I daresay!)
As for me, I will fleeeng my slender smooth thigh over Javier's thick, hairy one, and we will watch the waves lap at the shores the beach that curves seductively around the perimeter of our (modest by norte americano standards) hacienda, and we will raise a toast to all that there is ... love .. all there is ... all there ever was. Eat chur miserable old black hearts out old men and women -- cheap caricatures of men and women. We remain insulated from all your folly, all your crazyfucking dreams of gloreeeeee ... at least for as long as eet matters. There are no gods, you stupid bastards. You will go to the dirt, to the dung, to which you have become inured ...
Shining Electron pretending to be Peppy LaPew, but twice as smelly.
Nostrils Psychologist

United States

#1099907 Mar 19, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
If I ever have to look at a presidential candidate again and try and forget she's black or... a man... wait! an epiphany! I don't! The system doesn't work. It works for no one. However, the system of "tribes" DOES work. My tribe is northern European, Scandinavian in fact. How about yours? I frankly no longer care about how blacks or mexicans or somalis have suffered... I don't care. My only interest at this point is trout. Yer either for us or against us... you probably should avoid celebrating because I'm nearly ready to exercise my ultimate solution...
Time for your meds, Nostrils. Here comes the airplane... open wide... atta boy.
Mr Lib

United States

#1099908 Mar 19, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is dead, neo nazism has taken it's place, Adolph.
Nazism took over in 2001.

The torture, war-by-lies and big business rip-offs really took off.

But by Novemeber, 2008, America decided it was fed up with GOP Nazism pretending to be middle of the road politics. Bub-bye, Chimpster Repugs.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099909 Mar 19, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,
No way you were a Captain in the US Army....you are just to shitty of a person to make it that far...
Oh, I'm so sorry. but unfortunately I forgot momentarily that you were a bagger void of a sense of humor along with being deprived intellectually. But I promise to allow for those minor afflictions next time. But in answer to your doubts. I got my rank the hard way...I earned it. Unlike your hero BUSH and Darth Vader Cheney who was too busy to serve.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1099910 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the people with intelligence....
If they were intelligent, they would not be so stupid to be uninsured.

Blain, PA

#1099911 Mar 19, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid his reputation has been earned after an uninterrupted string of failures. This just being the latest one.
I didn't know doves could crow.
More whining from a right whiner.

What failures are these?

I'll assume that since you loved the Bush years that you consider economic growth to be a failure. Not going to war to be a failure.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099912 Mar 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were intelligent, they would not be so stupid to be uninsured.
I always find it very amusing when idiots like Galt and crazy Eed question other people's intelligence. All baggers are defective units. There can be no other explanation.

Blain, PA

#1099913 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
With the midterm elections looming, vulnerable Democrats may be moving even further from the White House by refusing to support yet another of President Obama's hand-picked nominees.
The latest nominee facing trouble with Senate confirmation is Dr. Vivek Murthy, a Harvard Medical School physician and a strong political ally, tapped for the post of U.S. surgeon general.
The White House is still backing its controversial nominee but acknowledges that officials are “recalibrating” their strategy -- amid vocal GOP opposition, waning support from Senate Democrats and concern about back-to-back defeats. Earlier this month, the administration failed to win Senate support for its nominee to lead the Justice Department’s civil rights division, Debo Adegbile.
Like Adegbile, Murthy is facing strong opposition on several fronts. The nominee is being targeted by the National Rifle Association for his support for gun control. Such opposition has created a tough situation for Senate Democrats facing re-election a year after the NRA led efforts to defeat Obama’s push for new firearms restrictions.
As a result, the White House doesn’t want to create more problems for vulnerable Democrats by asking them to take a hard vote now.
“Dr. Murthy is a dynamic, entrepreneurial practitioner who had dedicated a lot of time, energy and passion to health and wellness,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Monday.“But after the confirmation vote of Debo Adegbile, we are recalibrating the strategy around Dr. Murthy’s floor vote.”
Adegbile had strong Democratic support before the vote earlier this month. But seven Senate Democrats joined all 44 Republicans in blocking the nomination, angering the White House.
The National Fraternal Order of Police led the effort to block the Adegbile nomination, mounting a campaign against him over his advocacy on behalf of Mumia Abu-Jamal, who was convicted of killing a Philadelphia police officer.
There reportedly are 10 Senate Democrats who will not vote for Murthy because of the NRA opposition.
Alaska Democratic Sen. Mark Begich, a lifetime NRA member seeking re-election this year, is on the record about his position.
"While the Senate has not yet scheduled a vote on Dr. Murthy, I have already told the White House I will very likely vote no on his nomination if it comes to the floor," Begich wrote constituents, according to his office.
Begich has also expressed concerns about the 36-year-old Murthy's political advocacy and inexperience as a practicing physician.
The NRA speaks & the feeble minded right whiner drones follow.

OMG we can't have the Surgeon General not being a gun toting moron. Yep, doctors just love treating gun shot wounds.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1099914 Mar 19, 2014
Wow... I don't think I have seen a forum with over a million posts. I wonder if there is a world record for this somewhere.

Blain, PA

#1099915 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, absolutely....
You would.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1099916 Mar 19, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
A balanced budget means nothing when it comes to creating jobs and a healthy economy, something we had for most of Bush's tenure, the mortgage disaster caused the economy to crash, dems own it 100%, F ing liar in chief Il Douche has had 5 years, where's the jobs?
You deny that every day of your worthless existence.
Wrong again stupid! We didn't have a healthy economy during the Bush administration, it was overheated and couldn't be sustained over the long run. Job growth under Bush was anemic at best. During his first term there was a net loss of jobs and his second term there was a gain of only .21%.
Obama beat that in his first term even with being hobbled by an obstructionist House for two of those years.
It was the GOP that controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House when the housing bubble expanded out of control dimwit. It was also the Republicans who refused to regulate the mortgage backed securities and debt default markets so just how are the Democrats 100% responsible for anything Dumbass?
You're an idiot!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1099918 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
restraint imposed by the US is the only thing that has prevented Israel from wiping out the Palestinians long ago....as well as occupying Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria.....
the Arabs fight like the French......
Oh poor Galt..did you break the button on your automatic hiney wiper?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1099919 Mar 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I always find it very amusing when idiots like Galt and crazy Eed question other people's intelligence. All baggers are defective units. There can be no other explanation.
Ol' Vlad doing a good job whipping the gilligans into shape over there on zee pennisula, eh goober.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1099920 Mar 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with the ACA. It was a glitch in Nevada's exchanges.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
"It was a glitch in Nevada's (the biggest parasite state) exchanges".

But it had nuffing to do wif duh ACA.

Talk about duhm.

Let us guess, you a beeg fan of all that there newely reresquawked parrotry of "core edumacation" just this time wif no specific implementations of as well, right?

dhmfk Duh a vey Duhmmy.

Blain, PA

#1099921 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
not in obamaland.
So in your "land" women get prostate care?

Tell me again how much an insurance company would add to a woman's policy for prostate care.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1099922 Mar 19, 2014
Mr Lib wrote:
Listen to the GOP canary birds chirping the same song, over and over.
As if Bush and his catastrophic legacy never happened.
It's like 9-11 all over again. Wahhh! Clinton did it!
lol
Thank you for being todays shining example of the ittern and abject ignorance of (mr) libuhrulism.

And the toxic plague levels of entitlementalcase diseases and socio-Illogical twisted and warped disorders of.

Imbecile.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1099923 Mar 19, 2014
Penelope Cruz-Bardem wrote:
Meanwhile, all you impotent old white people tear the yellowing flesh off the bones of jur neighbor, even as he ees having hees diaper changed by the nurse hired by jur very resentful son/daugter. You will even eat the tender (yet polluted by jur pesteeeeesides) flesh of jur grandchildren -- anything to have a few more days, a few more minutes doing ...what -- watching Judge Yudi berating another eediot who ees possibly even stupider than ju (but not by much, I daresay!)
As for me, I will fleeeng my slender smooth thigh over Javier's thick, hairy one, and we will watch the waves lap at the shores the beach that curves seductively around the perimeter of our (modest by norte americano standards) hacienda, and we will raise a toast to all that there is ... love .. all there is ... all there ever was. Eat chur miserable old black hearts out old men and women -- cheap caricatures of men and women. We remain insulated from all your folly, all your crazyfucking dreams of gloreeeeee ... at least for as long as eet matters. There are no gods, you stupid bastards. You will go to the dirt, to the dung, to which you have become inured ...
So will you...and we'll be be sure to throw the trash out on top of ya.

Freak.
angel

Boise, ID

#1099925 Mar 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was a glitch in Nevada's (the biggest parasite state) exchanges".
But it had nuffing to do wif duh ACA.
Talk about duhm.
Let us guess, you a beeg fan of all that there newely reresquawked parrotry of "core edumacation" just this time wif no specific implementations of as well, right?
dhmfk Duh a vey Duhmmy.
Typical teabagging tool:just cant wrap your mind around anything you dont WANT to hear.
More proof the Stupes gravitate Right.LMAO!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1099926 Mar 19, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think the war the Arab Islamists started with the United States was unnecessary? I agree with that. They should have never started that war.
Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq attacked us moron. Targeting Al Qaeda didn't require a wholesale invasion and occupation of either country.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min susanm 330,893
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Swallos Me Rods 35,582
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Thu hojo 12,231
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web