Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251456 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096255 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there was no cover up. you are the one who was lied to and is not dealing with reality...
There's an easy way to solve this.

Let's say the Bush administration put up "significant resistance" to release emails about a terrorist attack to the Senate Intelligence Committee in a timely fashion. And, because of prolonging their cooperation, it created more confusion and false information which they allowed to continue until after winning an election.

Would that be a cover up in your eyes?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096256 Mar 12, 2014
Top ten TV shows 2007
No. 10: Gossip Girl
No. 9: This American Life
No. 8: The Office
No. 7: House
No. 6: 30 Rock
No. 5: Damages
No. 4: Flight of the Conchords
No. 3: Pushing Daisies
No. 2: Mad Men
No. 1: Friday Night Lights

Top ten TV shows 2013
No. 10 Supernatural
No.9 The Vampire Diaries
No.8 American Horror Story
No. 7 Dexter
No. 6 How I Met Your Mother
No. 5 Arrow

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1096257 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're watching too much television, moron. Don't you know that's why you're so ignorant of the recent history of the United States, and who Obama really is, and Obama surrendering to Al Qaeda, and Islamist terrorists running the Department of Homeland Security, and there being 30+ million illegal aliens in the U nited States, and Obama bringing Islamist terrorists into the country, and the government not tracking Islamist terrorists here, and the capitalists revolting against the communist government in Venezuela, etc., etc., etc.
How about you open your copy of the Constitution and compare what Andrew Napolitano says to it. I've noticed you've never used any text from the Constitution to back up anything you say.
Glad you're back. I can't wait to hear your defense of your hero and pick for POTUS, Andrew Napolitano, after his appearance on the Daily Show.
Did you see him kiss Jon Stewart on the cheek, twice?
Did you see him kneel in front of the Black woman dressed as Lincoln and kiss her hand?
Did you see his arguments on slavery get ripped to shreds.
Is he still your pick for POTUS?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-1...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1096258 Mar 12, 2014
No. 4 The Big Bang Theory
No. 3 The Walking Dead
No. 2 Breaking Bad
No. 1Game of Thrones
dem

United States

#1096259 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>His ranch, Crawford, was a working ranch if that's what you mean. Working at home isn't the same as taking a 5-star resort vacation at taxpayers' expense. Which this president does.
Goddamn black president is making racist carol crazy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096260 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Which actions did he specify?
I know he said Obama has violated the Constitution numerous times. He even quotes the text from the Constitution to back his case up.
I'm curious. What unconstitutional actions did he specify?
Napolitano:… What President Bush did with the suspension of habeas corpus, with the whole concept of Guantanamo Bay, with the whole idea he could avoid and evade federal laws, treaties, federal judges, and the constitution was blatantly unconstitutional, and in some cases criminal.

Nader: What’s the sanction for President Bush and Vice President Cheney?

Napolitano: There has been no sanction except for what history will say about them.

Nader: What should be the sanction?

Napolitano: They should have been indicted. They absolutely should have been indicted. For torturing, for spying, for arresting without warrant. I’d like to say they should be indicted for lying, but believe it or not, unless you’re under oath, lying is not a crime — at least an indictable crime. It’s a moral crime.

Nader: So you think George W. Bush and Dick Cheney should — even though they’ve left office — they haven’t escaped the criminal laws. They should be indicted and prosecuted.

Napolitano:[...] the evidence … is overwhelming, when you compare it to the level of evidence required for a normal indictment, that George W. Bush, as President, and Dick Cheney, as Vice President, participated in criminal conspiracies to violate the federal law, the guaranteed civil liberties of hundreds, maybe thousands, of human beings.

- See more at: http://socialsecurityinstitute.com/blog/judge...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096261 Mar 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiots on the right have no clue about Obama's healthcare plan. You all are basically a bunch of parrot heads. Repetitious clowns that don't possess the ability for self thought. If you morons would help any where near as much as you hinder the America people would be far better off. We desperately need healthcare. The Republican party has never been for the poor or working class, since the baggers came along they have become the biggest threat to civil unrest that we have ever seen. How anyone that draws Social Security or gets medi-care could ever vote Republican is a mystery.
Guess I'll just have to ask the question directly and start with you.

Raising the income tax which affected everyone's take home pay and also raising taxes on more of everything we consume isn't helping the economy or unemployment. In fact, the economy is just barely crawling and unemployment is getting worse among minorities.

Why do you support these policies?
dem

United States

#1096263 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Teachers' unions are the blight on our public schools.

It's speculated de Blasio closed down very successful charter schools because the unions don't like success or teachers who don't give them money to ruin their schools too.

The country should switch over to charter schools - and vouchers - and tell the unions where to get off.

If you really care about the poor, I mean.
Dumb carol advocating education for profit.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1096264 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
His ranch, Crawford, was a working ranch if that's what you mean. Working at home isn't the same as taking a 5-star resort vacation at taxpayers' expense. Which this president does.
That's some real funny chit babe.

By the way he also owns a home on the Grandest Street in Dallas. To be near his benefactors.

Shall we name them all again?
dem

United States

#1096265 Mar 12, 2014
Nothing better than my tax money going to a charter school CEO than the teachers doing the work.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1096266 Mar 12, 2014
I post the above to make a point. Do you know what it is?
M Stein

New York, NY

#1096267 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
All one has to do is look at blue states like New York and blue cities like Detroit to know the War on Poverty is a failure.
So why do liberals want to keep the poor in "poverty traps"?
Shouldn't we be listening to other solutions from the other side to help them escape it?
Why is the new liberal Mayor of New York City living up to his campaign promise to destroy successful charter schools? These schools are in most cases, the only way out of poverty for minority children.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1096268 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That you were so desperate for attention you bought a wife??
I can understand that an idiot like DB would find it necessary to buy a bride, and then to come on here and brag as if he really ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING...I guess that would be his MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...kinda SAD. The boy isn't smart enough to have any shame.
dem

United States

#1096269 Mar 12, 2014
Hey dumb carol why do your charter schools need government subsidies?
dem

United States

#1096270 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Guess I'll just have to ask the question directly and start with you.

Raising the income tax which affected everyone's take home pay and also raising taxes on more of everything we consume isn't helping the economy or unemployment. In fact, the economy is just barely crawling and unemployment is getting worse among minorities.

Why do you support these policies?
Why do you support the obstructionists at the core of the turtle like pace of the recovery?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1096271 Mar 12, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really expect the biased media to extensively report Obama's many distortions the way they would have had it been Romney, Palin, Bush or McCain?
See in LibLand (like in Orwell's 1984), lies are called approximations.
"Mr. Obama was upfront in his memoir that dialogue in the book was “an approximation” and that some of the characters in his book had been compressed or combined. But the specifics had remained mostly unknown. In his book, Mr. Maraniss documents several of the efforts by Mr. Obama to invent or alter characters to help his narrative.
The most dramatic was that of Mr. Obama’s New York girlfriend. In the book by Mr. Maraniss, the president acknowledges that some of the events he describes as taking place with the New York girlfriend actually took place with another woman he dated in Chicago.
“Like many characters in the memoir, he introduced her to advance a theme, another thread of thought in his musings about race,” Mr. Maraniss writes in the book.
The book by Mr. Maraniss, who is also the author of a biography about Bill Clinton, is not the first effort by journalists to examine Mr. Obama’s telling of his own life story.
In 2008, Serge Kovaleski, a New York Times reporter, interviewed friends of Mr. Obama’s from college and high school who questioned the scenes in Mr. Obama’s memoir about smoking marijuana and trying cocaine as a youth.
“Friends, classmates and mentors from his high school and Occidental recalled Mr. Obama as being grounded, motivated and poised, someone who did not appear to be grappling with any drug problems and seemed to dabble only with marijuana,” Mr. Kovaleski wrote.
Mr. Maraniss offers a third view, describing Mr. Obama as part of a “choom gang,” a group of high school basketball buddies in Hawaii who frequently smoked marijuana.
Last year, a former New York Times reporter, Janny Scott, wrote a book that raised questions about Mr. Obama’s frequently mentioned story about his mother’s battles with insurance companies at the end of her life.
“I will never forget my own mother, as she fought cancer in her final months, having to worry about whether her insurance would refuse to pay for her treatment,” Mr. Obama said in 2009, as he campaigned for passage of his health care program.
Ms. Scott’s research suggested that Mr. Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, was covered by health insurance at the time, and was instead denied disability coverage that would have helped to pay expenses that were not covered by insurance.
Aides to Mr. Obama last year said the book confirmed the basic facts of the stories that the president told about his mother, including the health care expenses that she struggled to pay.
The campaign for president this year is unlikely to turn on questions about Mr. Obama’s memoir. Both presidential campaigns have said they believe the American people are focused on the country’s struggling economic fortunes."
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/19...
Of course.
So maybe the woman was in Chicago? This is your "OMG OMG OMG the lie!.The Lies OMG OMG" moment?

Now you claim Obama lied about trying harder drugs? So, your source check with every friend? Or do you think maybe only a few knew.

Ann Dunham was covered.Obama never said she wasn't. I guess you never had to fight with insurance companies to get bills paid because claims were initially denied.

So that is all you had. What a joke.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096273 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Sell your million dollar California mansion and buy your Latino neighbors some insurance!
You should buy your mules some insurance son....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1096274 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>our republican party congresswoman? yes.
again, i don't know of any tea party people in elected positions.
You are probably unaware of this....

Saul Alinsky commands the Democrats to make it appear as if all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.
To execute this strategy, there can only be two sides. Having the TEA Party existing as a real world fact upsets that strategy.
And that is why you're being indoctrinated to pretend the TEA Party doesn't exist.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1096275 Mar 12, 2014
flack wrote:
I post the above to make a point. Do you know what it is?
You're blaming Obama for exactly what this time?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096276 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Under Carter and stagflation, unemployment went almost into the two digits. Under Reagan, it steadily declined to just above 5%.
When GHW Bush listened to Democrats and raised taxes, employment crept up again to 7%.
Under Clinton's Republican-controlled Congress for six years, unemployment again steadily declined down to 4%.
After 9/11, unemployment rose to almost 6% but steadily declined again after GW Bush lowered taxes to just above 5%.
After Democrats took control of Congress in 2007, unemployment began to rise again until the economic fallout and up to the present day seven years later.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/...
See for yourself.
amazing. 96% unemployment in your world because democrats were in charge.

I won't ask for historical references as usual. Since you won't have any... as usual....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 21 min The Anti-Flower C... 1,647
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Earthling-1 6,254
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 243,322
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web