Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1781737 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097130 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound gassy?
go take a TUMS....
It's probably your stomach you're hearing son.

Or are your mules trying to tell you where they've store additional 'merchandise?'
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1097131 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
21% of Americans now say "religion is not important".........
.....including those who worship Anne Rand the atheist materialist, as do you and nobama-Galt.

Check and Check Mate

LOL

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1097132 Mar 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
police need to understand that they are our employees, not our masters....
they also need to understand that they are paid far more in salary and benefits than their limited skills command, and that payment is to accept risk....not to shoot someone the instant they feel threatened.....
To be fair, not many would want to put on the uniform of a cop nowadays.

But no one gets more angry than me when cops overreact and abuse their advantage over a subdued criminal. Or throw women onto the ground after being stopped for a traffic violation because they didn't get out of the car fast enough. Or shooting people who are unarmed.

Those cops should be removed from the police force immediately.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097133 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
21% of Americans now say "religion is not important".
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news...
Thank goodness progressive secularists haven't won yet.
The state will take the place of religion just as it has in all communist countries - present and past.
Interesting......

Now you're claiming the Church does currently run the country.....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1097134 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
What happens when the food chain and food web gets interrupted?
Answer
All the animals will die. If the producer in a habitat dies , the herbivores will have nothing to eat and will die .The predators also having nothing to eat will die. If the predator dies, the herbivores will increase in number. But the producer cannot produce enough to feed all herbivores. Thus, they will all die.. This means all animals depend on each other for a complete food chain or food web.
Also, if the food chain is extremely top-heavy, then lots of ordinary people will die... Finally! Your conclusion is correct, in my opinion, except for the single most powerful species that ever roamed the earth looking for deals or someone else's nuts to steal, republicus enannimus. This is the only known specious that can survive by eating and then regurgitating it's own shit over and over.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1097135 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to blame Obama for your personal choice to kill yourself with cigarettes?
Amusing she wants people to smoke up while she looks for the birth certificate and his mothers phony pictures...

Retirement takes its tole the first year .... just saying

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1097136 Mar 13, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
You're forgetting about the 53% who say that because they have a hard time spelling Rastafarianism.... Lotta folks just say that because they're too cheap to by a Police Benevolent Association bumper sticker... Aw face it, honey-cheeks, God isn't dead, he's illiterate, or why else would he have made so many of you in his own image?
Well, that was both offensive and sacrilegious. Congratulations for being such a good little progressive liberal.

Do you worship at the altar of big government too? Or just pretend like you and your cronies would never do that? And it's all for our own good anyway?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1097138 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
They, for the most part, didn't eat other animals, you stupid toothless idiot.
Don't judge now, dear, they only died a few years ago, it could've been Clinton's doings?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1097139 Mar 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
bites your ass that the right wing rhetoric just doesn't fit reality.
immigration, spending, foreign policy, the right wing BS goes on and on despite the fact that the cherry picking is obvious to everyone who isn't a right wing nutjob. and need, or needlessly since it should go without saying, i remind you....there are more of 'everyone' than there are right wing nutjobs.
Doesn't bother me. I'm a party of one. What does bother me is that this administration is rotten to the core and you lap dogs just eat it up. These eight years will go down in history as the most corrupt, dishonest, lying administration to ever run the United States of America.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097140 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressives buy ponds for the fish
pt II
$17 trillion in debt...
50 million living on a food desert...
50 million starving to death...
yet the FED Government had $2,815,00 around to buy land for Lost River Suckers!....
'TABLE 3. REPORTED LAND ACQUISITION EXPENDITURES
FOR FY 2007 FOR ENDANGERED AND THREATENED SPECIES'
http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...
lol! So..... you're complaining when bushie boy was president and the economy ran like crazy according to reich wingers?!?!?!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1097141 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You're an idiot. I've repeatedly stated on here I didn't give a damn who somebody married. I don't think government should be in the marriage business at all.
So we didn't read what you posted? Damn idiot take a position and stick with it.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1097143 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one gets more angry than me when cops overreact and abuse their advantage over a subdued criminal. Or throw women onto the ground after being stopped for a traffic violation because they didn't get out of the car fast enough. Or shooting people who are unarmed.
Well, geez, carol, don't forget all the nice cops who'll let a good looking blonde drive 92 mph in a 55 zone as long as she hitches up her dress so he can see her panties when he pulls her over... boys will be boys... but I agree it's something else for you to worry about.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1097144 Mar 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
somewhat different from Bush hiding the cost of a war?
lying about the cost of Medicare Part D so Bush could buy votes?
downplaying the housing bubble because....
Lawrence Lindsay, Bush's first chief economic adviser, said there was little impetus to raise alarms about the proliferation of easy credit that was helping Bush meet housing goals.
"No one wanted to stop that bubble," Lindsay said. "It would have conflicted with the president's own policies."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
politics. at the expense of the American taxpayer.
Did you just say "first CHIEF economic adviser.?" A real adviser? Not a made up one?

God forbid that anyone would cite a campaign adviser while discussing military or economic strategery like Carol did yesterday.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1097145 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative and intellectual are an oxymoron.
but it makes for a great 'gotcha' headline.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097147 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Yeah... Right.... Sure.... Uh huh.....

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1097148 Mar 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
More good news!
Washington Post - 3 numbers in the NBC-Wall Street Journal poll that should worry Democrats: http://tinyurl.com/n242rq8
The Boy Messiah smells like that stripped smelly critter in your nocturnal backyard.
I don't think I have a "stripped" smelly critter in my backyard, oh dim one...what did you guys study in school?
Dirk Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1097150 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You're an idiot. I've repeatedly stated on here I didn't give a damn who somebody married. I don't think government should be in the marriage business at all.
Finally! Ok, sir, I'll be marrying your daughter for several weeks, beginning in June of this year and ending just after Labor Day. Tell her to get packin'!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1097151 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't understand what you are saying...
"...in 2011, about 46 percent of households won’t pay income taxes."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
You Republicans never saw a tax that you approve of.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1097152 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are dense as a brick. Yes I was. That was the whole point of posting what the president said. What I had been saying for years. Here is what a real president said about fixing healthcare without all the government control.
Another priority in my budget is to keep the vital promises of Medicare and Social Security, and together we will do so. To meet the health care needs of all America's seniors, we double the Medicare budget over the next 10 years. My budget dedicates $238 billion to Medicare next year alone, enough to fund all current programs and to begin a new prescription drug benefit for low-income seniors. No senior in America should have to choose between buying food and buying prescriptions.
To make sure the retirement savings of America's seniors are not diverted into any other program, my budget protects all $2.6 trillion of the Social Security surplus for Social Security and for Social Security alone.
My budget puts a priority on access to health care, without telling Americans what doctor they have to see or what coverage they must choose. Many working Americans do not have health care coverage, so we will help them buy their own insurance with refundable tax credits. And to provide quality care in low-income neighborhoods, over the next 5 years we will double the number of people served at community health care centers. And we will address the concerns of those who have health coverage, yet worry their insurance company doesn't care and won't pay.
Together this Congress and this President will find common ground to make sure doctors make medical decisions and patients get the health care they deserve with a Patients' Bill of Rights.
When it comes to their health, people want to get the medical care they need, not be forced to go to court because they didn't get it. We will ensure access to the courts for those with legitimate claims. But first, let's put in place a strong, independent review so we promote quality health care, not frivolous lawsuits.
My budget also increases funding for medical research, which gives hope to many who struggle with serious disease. Our prayers tonight are with one of your own who is engaged in his own fight against cancer, a fine Representative and a good man, Congressman Joe Moakley. I can think of no more appropriate tribute to Joe than to have the Congress finish the job of doubling the budget for the National Institutes of Health.
So exactly what did Bush do to secure social security surpluses?? By law, surpluses are loaned to the federal government. Are you saying Bush changed that law??

BTW, that drug expansion to seniors was not fully funded at all - in fact it was a long way from being funded.

I always new you were a Bush lover even though you have denied it in the past.

I am so glad you think a "real" President takes this country from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years & lies to get 4000 soldiers killed in a war about oil.

You people are just sick.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1097153 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't bother me. I'm a party of one. What does bother me is that this administration is rotten to the core and you lap dogs just eat it up. These eight years will go down in history as the most corrupt, dishonest, lying administration to ever run the United States of America.
the Bush apology tour. will it ever end?

pretty sure history will bear out the fact that Bush was exactly what you try to lay on Obama. consider that the Iraq war was why Obama got elected in the first place, and i think what you haters lie about won't be of much consequence in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr puppy power 1 346,187
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Trojan 36,100
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Wed Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4