Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394808 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096421 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States from 1789 to 2009.
before the first President ever installed a dictatorship and began violating the Constitution, writing his own laws, violating laws, losing all credibility of the United States in the world, joined terrorists, etc., etc., etc.
You see, limited government works better than any form of government that has ever been implemented.
Today, after just a few years of Obama, the United States went from being the most powerful and influential country in the world to being a country where, for an example of having no credibility, the entire world gave Obama a vote of no confidence on a slam dunk case in Syria.
Communist dictatorships don't work, moron. Get an education in history.
yet the real world facts show you to be absolutely wrong...

you don't deal with reality DB nothing you say is worthwhile...you know it. i have proved it over and over again...deal with the fact that you are a crazy loser and let the sane people discuss the real world..
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096422 Mar 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Screenshot and reported.
It won't matter but it's dishonest__is that you Floriduh? Carol?
I knew it wasn't you. Must be him, what a loser.

Unarmed airman shot in gut by Alabama police as he lay on ground following traffic accident

Police shot a 20-year-old airman as he lay on the ground following a traffic accident along Interstate 85 in Alabama, the man’s family said.

Air Force Airman 1st Class Michael Davidson was traveling Thursday evening from Texas to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, near Goldsboro, N.C., in a 2004 GMC Envoy when he changed lanes and clipped a semi-truck with his driver’s side mirror, according to police.

Davidson stopped and got out of his SUV to exchange insurance information with the semi’s driver, the airman’s father told the Opelika-Auburn News.

“He said he didn’t get that far,” said Billy Davidson.“When (he was walking) to the truck, he said he heard something but couldn’t tell what it was. There was a lot of noise, but (he) could see the reflection of the lights off the truck — the police lights. Then he did what I told him to do. I told my boys if you see police lights (to) stop, put your hands up and turn around.”

The elder Davidson said his son held up his arms, holding his wallet in one hand.

“The next thing I know I was on the ground,” Michael Davidson told his father.“That’s when they shot me. I didn’t realize he shot me. I didn’t know what happened. It was so fast. They couldn’t have been there three or four seconds when I was shot.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/12/unarmed...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1096423 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you n of primer, we need to discuss tutorial fees again...
you've been getting it for free from me long enough...
Quit pretending to be a teacher...

You are no teacher. I know A LOT about the teaching profession. Teachers inform using reputable sources...not anecdotes. You are an angry, frustrated nutcase....who yells at people who are not like you...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1096424 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The little jagoff will now argue with the Supreme Court. Currently being portrayed as the huffington post.
Case the Supreme Court ruled the Islamist terrorists in Gitmo are being detained unconstitutionally? Then why is Obama still keeping Islamist terrorists in Gitmo?

As I read the Constitution, it separates the Armed Forces from the people, and allows a different set of rules to apply.
Let's go over the facts again:
The Constitution separates the Armed Forces from the people, and allows a different set of rules to apply.
These rules that apply only to the Armed Forces apply on all US military installations that are not on US terrotory.
The US military base at Gitmo is not US terrotory.
Therefore, the Constitution does not apply there, just as it wouldn't apply in Peking, or Calcutta, or Mecca,... or any country where the Islamist terrorists are captured.
If you are a US citizen within the boundaries of the authority of the Constitution of the United States, except where the Constitution specifically identifies a separation between the people and the military, then the Constitution applies.
If you're an Islamist terrorist fighting a war against the United States, and you are not an American citizen, and you are not part of an invasion of the United States, the Constitution does not apply to you.

Read the Constitution, dumbass. You may learn something. Then, call Obama and tell him what you learned. He needs to read the Constitution, too.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096425 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me mof a question you and every other Democrat ran away from here. I'll ask it again, just so you can do what no other Democrat here has done: answer this question:
It's 9/12(2001). You're the President. What do you do? Do you:
A) Surrender to the Islamist jihad? Or;
B) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
C) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you're do goddam stupid you expect to not have over 30,000 killed and suffer the same outcome? Or;
D) You do something different that lets you crush the Islamist jihad with less than 5,000 killed.
If your answer is do something different without suffering over 30,000 killed in a losing effort, what would you do?
I suggest you begin your answer by listing all the countries where the Islamist jihad would not go there to fight us. Perhaps you can think of a country between the Atlantic shores of Morocco and Tibet where Islamist jihadists don't come from.
So, what is your answer? A, B, C or D?
As a conservative, I believe you've exercised (A) son....

St. Croix valley

#1096426 Mar 12, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy. The USA before Democrats started destroying it decades ago. Where have you been? Under a rock?
yet we had a strong central gov't then...and the democrats have run this nation for a long, long time. during its most prosperous years, in fact...

try to deal with the real world facts, dear...

run along now...go play with your dolls, the adults are talking here...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096427 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is the far right idiots running the GOP and they are driving them off a cliff.
once again you prove you have no idea of reality...
you might notice that the farther right the GOP goes, the worse they do...
RINOs are far right? LOL

St. Croix valley

#1096428 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language.
Go back and reread Galt's post and spot where you didn't comprehend what was written in the English language.
I'll give you a hint. The word "law" was used.
i never responded to Galt's post..

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096429 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
the owners of the private property can ban guns there. that is the point.
but you can't even follow the topic....why do you even try anymore?
I'm going to throw this at you one more time. Maybe some of it will stick this time.

Galt's point was there should be no law prohibiting guns in church.

If you need, write that a hundred times on a chalkboard. That may be the only thing that will make you understand.

You are an idiot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096430 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you n of primer, we need to discuss tutorial fees again...
you've been getting it for free from me long enough...
Oh, teacher... teacher... I have a question.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

St. Croix valley

#1096431 Mar 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The big government rigged the light bulb industry in favor of the big three light bulb manufacturers with their higher green bulb profits squeezing out the upstart small businesses manufacturing those pesky low profit incandescent bulbs. Nothing to do with state regulation as not many states had any regulations concerning light bulbs.
A small manufacturer could make bulbs sold within the state of manufacturer or even another state without regulation before the national efficiency rating. Nothing more than crony capitalism favoring the big corps.
but as i stated, and as was true, they were planned. many people who didn't like the CFLs wanted a more efficient option that the industry just wasn't giving us...

why would you want a less efficient product?
how many small manufacturers of light bulbs are there? really?

try to deal with reality, it will make you that much more credible.

show me one industry that asks for different regulations in every state? just one...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096432 Mar 12, 2014
Notorious Smear Merchants Launch Super PAC

The conservatives behind some of the worst political smear campaigns have started a super PAC.

Takeover Super PAC is backed by a team that includes Joseph Farah, founder of the fringe conspiracy site WND; Jerome Corsi, a leading member of the Swift Boat and birther campaigns; and Floyd Brown, producer of the racist Willie Horton ads.

....The toxic background of the group's board members may actually end up hurting any supported candidates.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/03/12/notor...

St. Croix valley

#1096433 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
RINOs are far right? LOL
nothe GOP is far right in its current iteration. what you call a rino is most likely a true conservative.

but again. you don't deal with reality..you are worthless.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096434 Mar 12, 2014
A social studies teacher at a Florida high school is claiming that his “right to free speech” was violated when school administrators barred him from a recent appearance of President Barack Obama.

Coral Reef Senior High teacher Randall Scott had said that he “would rather dine in Hell with Satan” than shake the president’s hand, and described himself as a “virulent anti-Communist and hater of Obamanism.”

Scott told his side of the story in a letter he posted on Instagram.“I’m a conservative Republican who uses social media to express my views,” he wrote.“At the last two faculty meetings our principal had strongly advised us not to post anything. As a citizen of this great country I chose to ignore her advise [sic] which now in retrospect seems more like a veiled threat.”

“The next day,” he continued,“I’m suddenly excluded from a presidential event.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/12/fl-teac...

St. Croix valley

#1096435 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to throw this at you one more time. Maybe some of it will stick this time.
If you need, write that a hundred times on a chalkboard. That may be the only thing that will make you understand.
You are an idiot.
i didn't respond to galt's post, perhaps that will stick this time.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096436 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
Oh wow, maybe all you cwazy evangelicals can have a good old shoot out and kill yourselves off.

St. Croix valley

#1096437 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, teacher... teacher... I have a question.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
where did it ce from to pay for previous gov'ts?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096438 Mar 12, 2014
Obama Blasts House Republicans For Stomping All Over The Constitution

The ENFORCE Act is a piece of House Republican legislation that would take away President Obama’s constitutional power to implement the law. It is ironic that while screaming about President Obama making his own laws, House Republicans are trying to steal the president’s constitutionally mandated powers, with a piece of legislation that allows either the House or the Senate to sue President Obama if they don’t like the way that he is implementing the law.

In case anyone needs a refresher, this is not the way our system of government is supposed to work. Congress passes the laws, and the president implements them. Congress does not have the ability to pass and implement their own laws. For decades, the courts have agreed that presidents have the power to implement the law. The only requirement is that they must implement the law within a reasonable period of time.

The ENFORCE Act is even worse than the usual grandstanding propaganda that House Republicans try to pass off as legislation. What Republicans are proposing is a fundamental transformation of the separation of powers. The president and his administration are correct to smack down this awful piece of half-baked legislation. The bill exists for the purpose of letting House Republicans go back to their districts and campaign against “Obama the dictator.”

House Republicans are frustrated because their power is diminishing as President Obama gets more willing to act on his own when and where he can. The Founding Fathers built a perpetual tug of war between the executive and legislative branches into our system of government. The separation of powers exists for a reason, and Republicans don’t get to trample the Constitution just because they don’t like the current occupant of the White House.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/12/obama-...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1096439 Mar 12, 2014
Emeem wrote:
Republicans claim the world perceives the President as weak.
I wonder if it has anything to do with their contempt, disrespect and sworn promise to undermine everything he, the President of the United State of America, does?
TO put it succinctly, Stupid is Weak.
We need a President and not an Affirmative Action tap-dancing entertainer.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096440 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the real world facts show you to be absolutely wrong...
you don't deal with reality DB nothing you say is worthwhile...you know it. i have proved it over and over again...deal with the fact that you are a crazy loser and let the sane people discuss the real world..
What real world facts?
The fact that the Taliban and Al Qaeda are bombing every village and city in Afghanistan today?
The fact that Al Qaeda has taken over half of Iraq?
The fact that Al Qaeda has grown so strong they are able to invade a country like Syria and fight a full scale war there?
The fact that Obama is the laughing stock of the world today?
The fact that the entire world gave Obama a vote of no conficence with a slam dunk case in Syria?
The fact that the government of Egypt has arrest warrants out for Obama and Hillary Clinton?
The fact that the President of Russia slaps Obama around like new meat in prison?
The fact that the Chancellor of Germany tells Obama to stop reading her emails and listening to her phone calls?
The fact that Obama was a deadbeat draw the last time he went to Geremany?
The fact that the UK doesn't care if Obama ever darkens the doors at Heathrow with his shadow again?
The fact that the Prime Minister of Ireland calls Obama an imbecile?
.. and on, and on, and on.

Obama is an ignorant buffoon, and the entire world sees it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 255,503
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 9,810
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Brian_G 311,325
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web