Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643440 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096817 Mar 13, 2014
the host of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" asked Perry his position on decriminalizing marijuana. Perry nodded when Kimmel suggested the governor may decriminalize pot in Texas by January 2015.

"We've kind of done that," Perry said. "You don't want to ruin a kid's life for having a joint."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/rick...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096818 Mar 13, 2014
Ann Coulter....

Right-wing mobs? Say it isn’t so, conservatives!

When I wrote a book about mobs and group-think a few years ago, I could honestly say that mob behavior existed exclusively on the left in America — unless you count Oakland Raiders tailgate parties, which I do not.

To my dismay, some of these mob characteristics can now be found in small pockets on the right.

For months and months, for example, I’ve been demanding facts — not shibboleths or epithets — from the anti-Mitch McConnell brigade.

Here are my facts:

(1) For more than a decade, Sen. Mitch McConnell has stood alone in fighting unconstitutional campaign finance laws, earning him the undying enmity of the New York Times.(The Times is probably the largest contributor to the Senate Conservatives Fund opposing McConnell.)

McConnell took on the entire MSM, as well as members of his own party, principally John McCain and President Bush, who incomprehensibly signed McCain-Feingold into law with the idle musing that the Supreme Court could strike down any unconstitutional parts.(It didn’t — until some of it was finally overturned in Citizens United.)

(2) As minority leader, McConnell managed to get every single Republican in the Senate to vote against Obamacare — even “Strange New Respect” Republicans like John McCain, Susan Collins and Lindsey Graham. No other Republican leader has ever accomplished anything like that.

(3) McConnell tricked Obama into accepting the only spending cuts to the federal government in more than half a century.

(4) On the most important issue — immigration — McConnell not only voted against Marco Rubio’s amnesty bill, but at the moment, he may be the only thing standing between us and a scheme to import 30 million new Democratic voters. As House Speaker John Boehner works feverishly behind the scenes to push amnesty through, McConnell recently announced that there would be no immigration bill in 2014 (thank almighty God).

There are breathless headlines all over the Internet claiming,“McConnell Supports Amnesty!” but when you click on them, the links don’t work and the claims don’t make sense.

Those are facts. Here’s the counter-argument from the anti-McConnell crowd: He’s a RINO! He’s an establishment Republican! He’s been a terrible leader! Mitch Lied, kids died!

Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have all the attributes of a mob: Slogans in lieu of logic and evidence, beliefs impenetrable by facts, emotional hatred of the “enemy” and the acceptance of wild contradictions. Isn’t Paul Ryan dreamy? Let’s run Ted Cruz for president! We love Reagan … But we hate McConnell for voting with Reagan!

Nothing good has ever been accomplished by a mob.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/12/right-wing-...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1096819 Mar 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you have me confused with your hero George Bush who is a known draft dodger. The very last person that I or anyone needs to prove anything to is a total nut case like you.
Edit:

CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul/Uncle Joe..Bush Sr and Jr..et al 2016!

Leadership FOR America again-not divide, drain, and/or disease against it!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096820 Mar 13, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
New Justice Department Policy Will Cut Federal Drug Sentences
Attorney General Eric Holder will announce a new policy on Thursday that may shorten sentences for federal drug offenders as part of his "Smart on Crime" initiative.
Holder is set to testify in front of the U.S. Sentencing Commission on Thursday and endorse changes to the commission's Drug Quantity Table. The changes would mean a two-level reduction in ranges of sentences for people convicted of federal drug crimes. For example, someone convicted of trafficking more than one kilogram of heroin, five kilograms of cocaine or 280 grams of crack would now trigger a Level 32 sentence -- 121 months to 151 months. If the Sentencing Commission passes the changes, it reduce that punishment to 97 months to 121 months.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/eric...
Shorter sentences for you & your family son! Break out your crack pipe!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096821 Mar 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The Imbecile Lane is still open, so you can cross son!
Kinda figures along with being necessary that a lowlife like you would be aware of the imbecile lane. Be sure and keep us update.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1096822 Mar 13, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
New Justice Department Policy Will Cut Federal Drug Sentences
Attorney General Eric Holder will announce a new policy on Thursday that may shorten sentences for federal drug offenders as part of his "Smart on Crime" initiative.
Holder is set to testify in front of the U.S. Sentencing Commission on Thursday and endorse changes to the commission's Drug Quantity Table. The changes would mean a two-level reduction in ranges of sentences for people convicted of federal drug crimes. For example, someone convicted of trafficking more than one kilogram of heroin, five kilograms of cocaine or 280 grams of crack would now trigger a Level 32 sentence -- 121 months to 151 months. If the Sentencing Commission passes the changes, it reduce that punishment to 97 months to 121 months.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/eric...
In twue ozombieTic intelligence of nasty, disgusting yeast spores-
Attn All Caliphonyia THIRD GRADE juvenile tokers-
Don't worry-you cans safely consume any and everything in you public skewl restrooms now...cause the libuhrulTic disease level spores sayz so.
Flocking IDIOTS.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096823 Mar 13, 2014
Wife of Florida congressman Alan Grayson drops restraining order against him
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1096824 Mar 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a kernel truth can sometimes be found in the oddest places.
Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.
I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.
In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.
Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...
see what i mean?
Duud,
You are ate up with envy...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1096825 Mar 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Paul Ryan apologized yet to the American people for his votes that took us from a balanced budget on the path to surpluses & paying down the debt to the worst recession in 80 years?
The worst recession in 80 years was caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.

You still don't understand the definition of "deficit'. Let's go over that lecture again.

You have to be the most stupid person in the class. How many times do you need to be told the budget is not what the government spends. The amount the government spends is the amount the government spends. The budget is a lawful guide that can be changed by a subsequent appropriations.
How about you go to the chalkboard and write this a hundred times:

A deficit is spending more than revenue.

If you noticed, I defined "deficit" without even using the word "budget". I know using words as their definitions in the English language require is inconvenient to your lies. Get over it. Here, we speak English.

Now that you've been given this lesson again, why don't you post the defits during the Clinton era.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096826 Mar 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you have me confused with your hero George Bush who is a known draft dodger. The very last person that I or anyone needs to prove anything to is a total nut case like you.
Confused you with Bush... Bush would rather have less than 5,000 killed and win than more than 30,000 killed and lose, dupe.

Now, where were we... oh, yeah.

You're running away again, just like you did when you arranged to get into the reserves when everyone else was getting drafted. And you even managed to get thrown out of the reserves.

Here's that post again so you can clarify your answer that you'd rather see over 30,000 Americans killed and lose than less than 5,000 killed and win.

So, your answer to the question is C) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soveits, and you're so stupid you expect to not have over 30,000 killed and ending up with the same outcome as the Soviets, right?

Makes sense. You're a treasonous fraud that slandered the Armed Forces with lies your entire life. You'd rather have over 30,000 Americans killed and lose than less than 5,000 killed and win.
You're a homo reservist that got thrown out, and joined those frauds pretending to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "VVAW" that joined Kerry slandering American veterans with lies.

Is there a lure in my tacklebox you won't hit?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096827 Mar 13, 2014
Seventh person dies after New York City explosion causes buildings to collapse

NEW YORK (Reuters)– The death toll from an explosion that collapsed two New York apartment buildings after an apparent gas leak rose to seven on Thursday, and the number of injured is close to 60, police said.

New York City Police Detective Marc Nell said a seventh victim of Wednesday’s blast was pulled from the buildings’ rubble, and that no one had died at a hospital.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/13/seventh...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096828 Mar 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
In twue ozombieTic intelligence of nasty, disgusting yeast spores-
Attn All Caliphonyia THIRD GRADE juvenile tokers-
Don't worry-you cans safely consume any and everything in you public skewl restrooms now...cause the libuhrulTic disease level spores sayz so.
Flocking IDIOTS.
Notice everyone: this is a brain on meth

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1096829 Mar 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the bridge closed?
It could be. I would take the side ramp to the river and wait for the ferry. Don't worry, it'll be there in a while.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1096830 Mar 13, 2014
LONDON (Reuters)– Four of the biggest U.S. technology groups collectively hold an estimated $124 billion in U.S. Treasury debt, much of it offshore, earning them tax-free interest, the UK’s Bureau of Investigative Journalism (BIJ) said on Thursday.

The finding means Apple Inc, Microsoft Corp, Google Inc and Cisco Systems Inc hold a large proportion of the $254.9 billion held in their foreign subsidiaries in U.S. Treasuries, according to securities filings reviewed by the London-based BIJ, a not-for-profit news organization.

Bringing the money home would trigger a tax bill, so the companies keep it offshore, partly to fund foreign expansion but also, executives say, to avoid a tax hit.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/13/tech-gi...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096831 Mar 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not funny jerkface goober-not even close.
That's no way to talk to your superior, maggot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1096832 Mar 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Ann Coulter....
Right-wing mobs? Say it isn’t so, conservatives!
When I wrote a book about mobs and group-think a few years ago, I could honestly say that mob behavior existed exclusively on the left in America — unless you count Oakland Raiders tailgate parties, which I do not.
To my dismay, some of these mob characteristics can now be found in small pockets on the right.
For months and months, for example, I’ve been demanding facts — not shibboleths or epithets — from the anti-Mitch McConnell brigade.
Here are my facts:
(1) For more than a decade, Sen. Mitch McConnell has stood alone in fighting unconstitutional campaign finance laws, earning him the undying enmity of the New York Times.(The Times is probably the largest contributor to the Senate Conservatives Fund opposing McConnell.)
McConnell took on the entire MSM, as well as members of his own party, principally John McCain and President Bush, who incomprehensibly signed McCain-Feingold into law with the idle musing that the Supreme Court could strike down any unconstitutional parts.(It didn’t — until some of it was finally overturned in Citizens United.)
(2) As minority leader, McConnell managed to get every single Republican in the Senate to vote against Obamacare — even “Strange New Respect” Republicans like John McCain, Susan Collins and Lindsey Graham. No other Republican leader has ever accomplished anything like that.
(3) McConnell tricked Obama into accepting the only spending cuts to the federal government in more than half a century.
(4) On the most important issue — immigration — McConnell not only voted against Marco Rubio’s amnesty bill, but at the moment, he may be the only thing standing between us and a scheme to import 30 million new Democratic voters. As House Speaker John Boehner works feverishly behind the scenes to push amnesty through, McConnell recently announced that there would be no immigration bill in 2014 (thank almighty God).
There are breathless headlines all over the Internet claiming,“McConnell Supports Amnesty!” but when you click on them, the links don’t work and the claims don’t make sense.
Those are facts. Here’s the counter-argument from the anti-McConnell crowd: He’s a RINO! He’s an establishment Republican! He’s been a terrible leader! Mitch Lied, kids died!
Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have all the attributes of a mob: Slogans in lieu of logic and evidence, beliefs impenetrable by facts, emotional hatred of the “enemy” and the acceptance of wild contradictions. Isn’t Paul Ryan dreamy? Let’s run Ted Cruz for president! We love Reagan … But we hate McConnell for voting with Reagan!
Nothing good has ever been accomplished by a mob.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/12/right-wing-...
Ann Coulter was promoting Chris Christie... until it got shoved back in her face. She got off that treasonous fraud's fandwagon in a hurry.

You're a maroon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096833 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Duud,
You are ate up with envy...
envy? because Erickson/FOX employee called out Romney's BS about the 47% myth?

well, maybe a little envious.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096834 Mar 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Confused you with Bush... Bush would rather have less than 5,000 killed and win than more than 30,000 killed and lose, dupe.
Now, where were we... oh, yeah.
You're running away again, just like you did when you arranged to get into the reserves when everyone else was getting drafted. And you even managed to get thrown out of the reserves.
Here's that post again so you can clarify your answer that you'd rather see over 30,000 Americans killed and lose than less than 5,000 killed and win.
So, your answer to the question is C) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soveits, and you're so stupid you expect to not have over 30,000 killed and ending up with the same outcome as the Soviets, right?
Makes sense. You're a treasonous fraud that slandered the Armed Forces with lies your entire life. You'd rather have over 30,000 Americans killed and lose than less than 5,000 killed and win.
You're a homo reservist that got thrown out, and joined those frauds pretending to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "VVAW" that joined Kerry slandering American veterans with lies.
Is there a lure in my tacklebox you won't hit?
More psycho babble from the forum idiot.It's idiots like you that will forever insure that we have a Democrat as president. Thanks BOZO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096835 Mar 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann Coulter was promoting Chris Christie... until it got shoved back in her face. She got off that treasonous fraud's fandwagon in a hurry.
You're a maroon.
so what's it like living on nutjob island?

Coulter is the perfect example of over the top crazy. if she can't even reach your standard of nutjob, then who does?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096836 Mar 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a maroon.
so she isn't very good at choosing her candidates, huh? and very fickle.

so it seems popular opinion of her candidate means more than his or her actual abilities and record? good to know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Trojan 34,843
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 320,260
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Poor performance 11,802
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web