Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1095414 Mar 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry...Galt leaves menial tasks like grocery shopping to others....
lol! no way you could ever have been military son....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1095415 Mar 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are not subject to estate taxes anyhow why do they care if the law is changed so they can't be used to avoid estate taxes?
because they will be taxed on income from the money forcibly withdrawn....

and because this is just the first step toward taxing withdrawals.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1095416 Mar 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh...ermm...oval Office dalliances are de rigueur for the position if you actually look at history...
some even included people of the same sex!!!!
gasp!!
grow up, fool.
You'd have to provide the names of presidents who preyed upon young interns.

Indiscretions with women who are closer in age and trysts outside the Oval Office is not what we're talking about.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1095417 Mar 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's immoral and shows a lack of character when someone in power preys on their subordinates for sexual gratification?
Now, if a mailroom clerk and an intern were mutually drawn to each other sexually, that would change the whole scenario. They're more like equals.
Do you really not see the difference?
so you believe in class separation. good to know.

you are digging a deeper hole for yourself with your ignorance, fool....stop now...you cannot win this...you know it...

you are so easily manipulated it is funny, and you don't even know you are dancing like a mindless puppet right now, do you?

Orlando, FL

#1095418 Mar 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then leave son! And be happy!
Geez you people have no concept of what to do!
I most certainly do have a concept of what to do. I talk loud enough in a crowd so the "debunked" are within earshot. Somebody's gotta do it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1095419 Mar 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when you include your full compensation package, you make far more than the private sector. and produce less.
you need to step up your game. or cut your pay...
in addition, the current zero interest environment strongly favors those with defined benefit pensions over those with defined contribution savings.... making government pensions much more valuable....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1095420 Mar 11, 2014
Segregation or racism? Because they are two different things.

In Big Cities, like New York, people tend to live in Neighbor"hoods" integrated by Ethnicity, because their Ancestors settled/live in that part of The City.. Always been that way.
There's an Italian Neighbor"hood", An Irish, Latino, Jewish, Russian, Arab etc. et al.

But people of every ethnic group brush shoulders in their every day hustle and bustle.
And integrate in Ethnic Shopping Centers, Markets, Delis Also Neighborhoods that are a mixture, a melting pot of different ethnicities living respectfully together in the same "Hood".

I discovered, in The South, racism is more overt.
Everybody "knows" where the other stands.
And neighborhoods are segregated due to racial dislike and distrust.
< But, Southerners also can also be very hospitable to ALL and live integrated as well >.

But ... My Experience:

Hell, those Excenos different even like me. My skin tone, hair, over all coloring was just a tad too dark for them. And I was A Yankee. Reminds me of the movie: My Cousin Vinny ;-)

You speak as if you are A World Traveler - Man About The World.
Well, you moved from PA to CA on here with a NY quickness!!! LOL!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is more segregation in cities like New York, Chicago, and Detroit than there is in Alabama....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1095421 Mar 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry...Galt leaves menial tasks like grocery shopping to others....
Galt's meals come with his retirement home package. Funny that you "knew" Californians paid tax on food. We were lying then?

St. Croix valley

#1095422 Mar 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Indiscretions with women who are closer in age and trysts outside the Oval Office is not what we're talking about.
i can't think of one that preyed on them...as clearly shown..

give it up. you already lost this issue.

as you have every one you have entered into here...

why aren't you berating Monika for preying on Clinton? are you a sexist?

run along now dear...go play with your dolls now...the adults are talking here...

St. Croix valley

#1095423 Mar 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in addition, the current zero interest environment strongly favors those with defined benefit pensions over those with defined contribution savings.... making government pensions much more valuable....
yes, USA seems to have 'forgotten" that when lying about how gov't workers are paid compared to private sector workers..

she used the same tactics in the taxes discussion...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1095424 Mar 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the fun of it, I just checked a Minnesota Real Estate site...you can buy a home on ten acres for $189,000. THAT is the reason his taxes are low.
your "logic" is completely illogical.....

the cost of government is not a function of property values.....

and you can buy 10 acres in parts of California for a bucket of spit....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1095425 Mar 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, that just means - according to your standards of ethics - as long as it's a hussy longing for attention from someone who should be in control of the situation - and them NOT being in control of the situation is perfectly understandable.
Did Bill Clinton really not think this would more than likely come back to bite him in the ass?
He was the President of the United States of America! Does that not hold any clout whatsoever about making moral and sound judgments in your eyes? Or is a flashed thong just too much for a sex poodle to resist?
What you are saying must stem from your own thoughts on this. In other words, if you had run into Clinton while he was resident,you would offer to blow him? Or maybe you did?

Orlando, FL

#1095426 Mar 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican credo: "When all else fails, start asking hypothetical questions that have been debunked over and over and over. If your opponent chooses to ignore your pointless questions and remains on topic, repeat your meaningless question(s) over and over. This will make any Believers in the audience think that your opponent is evading the issue."
They have not been debunked. They have been obstructed. The investigations are ongoing. Of course, taking the Fifth to protect those who could be removed from power is a tell-tale sign of something gone awry.

Or knowing lies were spread in a Senate Intelligence Report by those in power and seeking power to win an election (and a future election) is a nasty little inconvenience debunking the debunked.

Or did you conveniently forget those unfortunate inconveniences?

St. Croix valley

#1095427 Mar 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
so age is the difference? the president of the US doesn't hold power over anyone under him..(pun intended...)

why must you undermine your own argmuents like this? are you so stupid you don't even know you are doing it? then why are you even here? just to embarrass yourself?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1095428 Mar 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he has conveniently forgotten the $102 million that Romney amassed in his IRA during just 15 years at Bain Capital LLC. So much for IRAs "not for the wealthy".
you live in a multimillion dollar house and are bitching about Rmoney's IRA?

Orlando, FL

#1095429 Mar 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recognize that it is very, very difficult for you to comprehend facts but just try....
The Intelligence Community did not change its assessment that there was a protest in classified intelligence reports until September 24, 2012...after they had the opportunity to review the Consulate video.
What the IC discussed in their internal memos were not shared with the White House because, in their words, "... as a standard practice, we do not base analysis on e-mails and other informal communications from the field because such accounts often change when formalized as disseminated intelligence reports."
Senate Report: "This slow change in the official assessment affected the public statements of government officials, who continued to state in press interviews that there were protests outside the Mission compound."
If you still insist in your lie that Obama was lying about the protests, it can only be because you are stuck on stupid.
I posted the damned Senate Intelligence Report's findings to you just a few days ago. With the damned website.

Finding III clearly stated this administration knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack within minutes after it began.

Do you not even care to see the truth when it's right in front of you???

(And now you have me cursing out of sheer frustration...)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1095430 Mar 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, that just means - according to your standards of ethics - as long as it's a hussy longing for attention from someone who should be in control of the situation - and them NOT being in control of the situation is perfectly understandable.
Did Bill Clinton really not think this would more than likely come back to bite him in the ass?
He was the President of the United States of America! Does that not hold any clout whatsoever about making moral and sound judgments in your eyes? Or is a flashed thong just too much for a sex poodle to resist?
None at all, he was having affairs while governor of Arkansas__the guy was a hound, the bulk of the nations voters didn't give a fk and elected him over GHWB and then again over Dole who was likely no stranger to bjs either.

Surely you're not stupid/naive enough to actually believe the bullsht you post.

BTW Clinton is likely the very best President of our lifetimes based on how Presidents should be judged.

Remember Nelson Rockefeller? Wasn't he a (R)?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1095431 Mar 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and he has conveniently forgotten the $102 million that Romney amassed in his IRA during just 15 years at Bain Capital LLC. So much for IRAs "not for the wealthy".
not a Roth IRA, and taxable upon withdrawal.....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1095432 Mar 11, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Envy...
Aristotle told us in 'Nichomachean Ethics' and the 'Rhetoric' that envy is aimed mostly towards others in our peer group...
so tell us why you 'hate those PEOPLE with IRA's' that are middle class, or even working class?
You just don't get it. IRAs were set up as a path to save for one's retirement. I have nothing against people who save for their retirement. I applaud them. That is not what this discussion is about at all. It is about those people who have been using ROTH IRAs as a means of allowing their heirs to avoid taxes.

IMO, anyone who is critical of Obama's plan to force people with ROTH IRAs to start taking withdrawals when they reach the age of 70 1/2 is just downright clueless.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1095433 Mar 11, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever salary you have been paid as a 'civil servant'...you were never worth it...
I understand....you are just jealous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min New Age Spiritual... 238,404
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr tom wingo 29,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr Pearl Jam 309,755
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web