Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402788 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1096308 Mar 12, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>God you're such an Obama ass licker!!!!!
Says the dumb azz on the dumb azz side of every argument.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096309 Mar 12, 2014
flack wrote:
I post the above to make a point. Do you know what it is?
The top ten from 2007 were mostly about people aspiring to improve their lot in life. About the American dream.

The top ten from 2013 are about vampires, supernatural, fantasy life. Death and destruction.

Speak volumes!!!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096310 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look at the actual poll - especially Questions 4, 5, 6 and 22.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...
While most Americans don't have a problem downsizing the military in places where they're not as needed, most Americans still don't like this president or his health care law.
And the vast majority still think we're on the wrong track.
at least the vast majority seem to be taking right wing war mongering with grain of salt.

no one wants another war we should have never started.
dem

United States

#1096311 Mar 12, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my effing word
She is really off the deep end. Gets dumber everyday.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096312 Mar 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real funny chit babe.
By the way he also owns a home on the Grandest Street in Dallas. To be near his benefactors.
Shall we name them all again?
How many homes does John Kerry own? Or Dianne Feinstein? Or the number of other top wealthiest on Capital Hill who are also Democrats?

What's it to you if Bush owns a nice home in Dallas? I really don't care how many homes Kerry, Feinstein and all the rest of the wealthiest Democrats own.

His ranch was a working ranch whether you like it or not or whether you want to admit it or not. He didn't take 5-star resort vacations. Sorry if that bothers you so much.
dem

United States

#1096313 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>This reminds me mof a question you and every other Democrat ran away from here. I'll ask it again, just so you can do what no other Democrat here has done: answer this question:

It's 9/12(2001). You're the President. What do you do? Do you:

A) Surrender to the Islamist jihad? Or;
B) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
C) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you're do goddam stupid you expect to not have over 30,000 killed and suffer the same outcome? Or;
D) You do something different that lets you crush the Islamist jihad with less than 5,000 killed.

If your answer is do something different without suffering over 30,000 killed in a losing effort, what would you do?
I would suggest you begin your answer by listing all the countries where the Islamist jihad would not go there to fight us. Perhaps you can think of a country between the Atlantic shores of Morocco and Tibet where Islamist jihadists don't come from.

So, what is your answer? A, B, C or D?
So why does your wife live in Russia?
dem

United States

#1096314 Mar 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop patting yourself on the back. You don't get to claim "Wisconsin" as "your" state when you are a recent transplant from Illinois and still do business there. You were a contributer to the problems in Illinois. It's your legacy.
She's a former city worker that now collects SSDI. More of a democrat than Rahm.
dem

United States

#1096315 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't the Daily Show a comedy show on television?
What argument on slavery? The only place where slavery is openly practiced today is Africa and the rest of the muslim world.
Can you tell us a little bit about what you're nebulously posting. Some quotes would help.
Did she dump you the exact day she got her green card or did she wait till the next morning?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1096316 Mar 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarians usually siphon off republican votes when they run separately. Most run as republicans to avoid that possibility. The Democrats ran a fake Libertarian in the Virginia governor's race enabling a democrat. I guess Virginia isn't used to NJ style politics and don't look for democrat scams. Corzine ran a fake tea party candidate here against Christie. It's normal here. We look out for it.:-)
You have to understand there is left and right Libertarianism. The potheads with the marijuana issue are usually the left side.
How do you get Democrat out of this?
http://www.lp.org/platform
the platform is fine for the most part, but has some fatal flaws......

the Libertarian Party serves no function other than to elect DemoKKKrats.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1096317 Mar 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Napolitano:… What President Bush did with the suspension of habeas corpus, with the whole concept of Guantanamo Bay, with the whole idea he could avoid and evade federal laws, treaties, federal judges, and the constitution was blatantly unconstitutional, and in some cases criminal.
Nader: What’s the sanction for President Bush and Vice President Cheney?
Napolitano: There has been no sanction except for what history will say about them.
Nader: What should be the sanction?
Napolitano: They should have been indicted. They absolutely should have been indicted. For torturing, for spying, for arresting without warrant. I’d like to say they should be indicted for lying, but believe it or not, unless you’re under oath, lying is not a crime — at least an indictable crime. It’s a moral crime.
Nader: So you think George W. Bush and Dick Cheney should — even though they’ve left office — they haven’t escaped the criminal laws. They should be indicted and prosecuted.
Napolitano:[...] the evidence … is overwhelming, when you compare it to the level of evidence required for a normal indictment, that George W. Bush, as President, and Dick Cheney, as Vice President, participated in criminal conspiracies to violate the federal law, the guaranteed civil liberties of hundreds, maybe thousands, of human beings.
- See more at: http://socialsecurityinstitute.com/blog/judge...
Unlike Democrats that gobble up everything blindly, I've never agreed with anyone 100 percent of the time. So, let's continue that discussion. You can say what you think, you know.

So, keeping prisoners of war incarcerated is unconstitutional?(That's a yes or no question. You can add text from the Constitution to support your argument.)
If any country claimed the terrorists as part of their standing armed forces, any country at all, then the rules of the Geneva convention would have applied, but not the US Constitution. The US Constitution applies only within the boundary of the authority of the US Constitution.

What do you say about that?
dem

United States

#1096318 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Democrats would learn to grow food, instead of pot so they could feed themselves!

It's like they want to starve to death...
Eat shi t. It's the new tea party snack for idiot liars.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096319 Mar 12, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> God you're such an Obama ass licker!!!!!
So mr. hypocrite, you reserve the right to knock and post lie after lie about Obama with every post [which pretty much makes you an un-American bitch] but no one is allowed to defend. Good little commie.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1096320 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that doesn't work in today's world businesses need standards if they are to work across the nation.
remember the light bulb deal? how the light bulb industry totally supported the new regulations and why? because they didn't want 50 different regulations on efficiency?
when you deal with the modern real world, your conclusions will actually make sense.
it is this real world that made the TEA party irrelevant.....
Where are those bulbs made now? I don't know of two many states that had imposed efficiency ratings on light bulbs.
dem

United States

#1096321 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>the platform is fine for the most part, but has some fatal flaws......

the Libertarian Party serves no function other than to elect DemoKKKrats.....
Like the tea party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096322 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u serious?
Is 0bmmikkkare a locally generated prigram?
Foodstamps?
WIC?
SEC 8 housing?
pretty sure all of those programs, other than the one the republicans really hate because they can't do anything about it, were around when Bush was in office. and considering....

Obama’s Budget: Spending Too High, But Bush Was Worse

http://www.cato.org/blog/obamas-budget-spendi...

....i'd say another republican in the WH in the near future is still a long shot. some people, mainly those who didn't vote for Bush, know that it would be just like the Bush years.....failure.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1096323 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no law should prohibit guns in churches, nor should any law prohibit churches (or any other private property) from prohibiting guns on their premises....
Galt now for the government passing laws to tell you what you can do in your own home.
dem

United States

#1096324 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>How many homes does John Kerry own? Or Dianne Feinstein? Or the number of other top wealthiest on Capital Hill who are also Democrats?

What's it to you if Bush owns a nice home in Dallas? I really don't care how many homes Kerry, Feinstein and all the rest of the wealthiest Democrats own.

His ranch was a working ranch whether you like it or not or whether you want to admit it or not. He didn't take 5-star resort vacations. Sorry if that bothers you so much.
Sorry if a dumb woman thinks Bush did any work at his "working ranch". He has illegal aliens to do that.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096325 Mar 12, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my effing word
Get rid of teachers' unions and open more charter schools and you'll see a complete turnaround in our education system. Mark my words. It's only in the pits because of these unions who place more importance on convicted pedophiles remaining on the payroll and rewarding bad schools and bad teachers than our children who are subjected to their unconscionable priorities.

Surely, you can't be so blind as to not see our public school systems are going down the drain and why. It's right under you nose. Teachers' unions are poison to education.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096326 Mar 12, 2014
Judge Andrew Napolitano defends the Constitution against Bush on FOX!

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/01/20/judge_and...

maybe DB is on to something.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096327 Mar 12, 2014
"Brothers Of The Road"

Silent shadows of the night
Faded with the morning light
We just wrote another song
Maybe a word or two is wrong
There's so much that could be said
It's hard to write it in a line
But when the final word is read
Maybe something could be said
For all the brothers of the road
Just like you, we bear a heavy load
Been through hell and back again
If we don't lose we're bound to win

Somehow they gave it all a name
Just like a southern hurricane
We play our music like a storm
They say a brand new sound was born
We're all brothers of the road
Just like you, we bear a heavy load
Been through hell and back again
If we don't lose we're bound to win

Some of us fell along the way
We came together, not too proud to pray
But the music must go on
So there's no one left out there all alone
We're just brothers of the road
Casting shadows in the night
Big wheels rolling on and on
But everything's gonna be all right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min _Susan_ 255,867
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 min Brian_G 311,477
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr litesong 9,981
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,306
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web