Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094975 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
real estate taxes are lower than in many states.....
but you are correct that the overall tax burden is excessive, the result of one-party government.....
in CA? seriously? your entire real estate industry is out of control...

i was talking with two people here...one from CA and one from NJ. their property taxes for their single, regular sized homes on teeny lots were FAR greater than the taxes on my home on 5 acres and my 40 acres up north with a nice little cabin on it together. and MN is consistently rated as one of the best places to live...( and we still give far more to the feds than we get back!)

you folks have to learn how to use your taxes better...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094976 Mar 10, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say normal; I said I am against legislating human behavior. It should be up to a person if he or she chooses to smoke or not; drink or not, etc. People have been smoking and drinking and taking drugs forever; laws don't make it stop. I say; to each his own.
Legalize drugs, stop arresting drug addicts; I don't care if there are laws that prohibit smoking at work or school, but, what people do on their own time is their own damn business.
These are the words of a shallow BocaJew anarchist lush: "I said I am against legislating human behavior."

Ten Commandments?

Ancient Sumer's Code of Ur-Nammu?

Hammurabi's Laws?

The League of Nations' International Law?

The Bill of Rights? The entire U.S. Constitution?
Acts of Congress and the President?

You have a law down there, too, governing human behavior.

Something about Public Drunkenness.

There ought to be a law against stupid people like you.

Lapeer, MI

#1094977 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are taking an obviously hyper-inflated housing market value as your basis. that is ridiculous.
yes, household wealth is down for most from it's previous highs as those highs were mostly unsustainable, hyper-inflated home values...
when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense.
"when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense."

Sure thing, Adam Lanza

Stay away from my family.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1094978 Mar 10, 2014
<quoted text>
I didn't say normal; I said I am against legislating human behavior. It should be up to a person if he or she chooses to smoke or not; drink or not, etc. People have been smoking and drinking and taking drugs forever; laws don't make it stop. I say; to each his own.
Legalize drugs, stop arresting drug addicts; I don't care if there are laws that prohibit smoking at work or school, but, what people do on their own time is their own damn business.
"silly"
You would like to see. crack cocaine and heroin legalized?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1094979 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
put down the bong, doll....
all the military equipment in the world is useless if the world knows you would never use it, pal.....
ROTFLMAO.....
...or there is no incentive to serve your country.

Lapeer, MI

#1094980 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You look more and more ignorant every day.
FACT: Reports that a plane door and its tail had been spotted turned out to be untrue according to the director general of the Malaysian Civil Aviation Department.
FACT: The oil slick that searchers had thought might be from the plane turned out to be fuel oil typically used in cargo ships.
I'll join the families in holding out hope.
“You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down”(Charles Chaplin)
Early accident reports oftentimes contain inaccuracies

Holding out hope for 239 people onboard a plane missing for over two days, a plane that dropped off radar over the ocean without radio contact means what?

Maybe they snuck into Disneyland? Headed for the Outback?

Maybe they're vacationing with the Magic Negro?

Your holding out hope is like waiting for the Boy Messiah to help lower Unemployment numbers or rein in Federal Spending.

Or stand up to his buddy Vladimir;-)

Lapeer, MI

#1094981 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's hilarious to watch you try to prove yourself against me...you're about as subtle as a brick wall. and make almost as good arguments as one...
so where is it you think i have been trying to rein in anyone, and whom is it you think i have been trying to rein?
You're about as subtle as a freeway sinkhole at rush hour.

You've got the communication skills of a Wilda Beast and the tact of drunk BocaJew Trailer Park Resident.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094982 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in CA? seriously? your entire real estate industry is out of control...
i was talking with two people here...one from CA and one from NJ. their property taxes for their single, regular sized homes on teeny lots were FAR greater than the taxes on my home on 5 acres and my 40 acres up north with a nice little cabin on it together. and MN is consistently rated as one of the best places to live...( and we still give far more to the feds than we get back!)
you folks have to learn how to use your taxes better...
real estate taxes here are 1.5% of assessed valuation, lower than in many other places....

maybe not lower than MN, but certainly lower than metropolitan areas of NY and NJ....

and the real estate market is stable and relatively inactive, primarily because of short supply due to lack of new construction.....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1094983 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you here to make friends? you sure suck at it. do you have any friends here?
see?
"harmonious"
You described "woodendick000" to a T. He comes on to this thread with just a single thought in mind. Piss off as many posters as he can. If you told him he had a brilliant mind he would demur. If you told him the sky is blue he would call you a liar.
Keep up the good work!!
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#1094984 Mar 10, 2014
While Uruguay’s president grabbed international headlines for legalizing the government-controlled production and sale of weed to registered users, Mujica also presided over the legalization of abortion and gay marriage over the last two years.
In an interview with Brazilian news agency O Globo published Sunday, Mujica explained his administration’s logic.
“We applied a very simple principle: recognize the facts,” Mujica said, according to O Globo.“Gay marriage, please -- it’s older than the world. We had Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, please. To say it’s modern, come on, it’s older than we are. It’s an objective reality that it exists. For us, not legalizing it would be to torture people needlessly.”
Uruguay became the third country in the Western hemisphere, after Canada and Argentina, to legalize gay marriage last year. The reform, backed by Mujica’s leftwing Broad Front, created one set of rules for all couples, replacing the words “husband and wife” with terms “contracting parties” for legal purposes, according to the Associated Press.
All couples may adopt children under the Uruguayan law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/jose...
Come on, Pedophilia and sex slavery are older than we are. Not legalizing them would be to torture people needlessly. NAMBLA has a membership of professional people from all walks of life including judges, politicians and teachers.

We should listen to these wise people among us, right azzhole?

"Hey! They do it in Europe!" is always a popular banner yelped by Demonic Liberals.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094985 Mar 10, 2014
<quoted text>
even Governor Moonbeam is opposed to legalization of marijuana, recognizing that some functioning adults are required to maintain society.....

Lapeer, MI

#1094986 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Racist f*ck
Try staying on-topic, azzhole.

You are like sh it trying to ride a greased pig here on Topix.

Take your racist rants down to your neighborhood NAACP office.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094987 Mar 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Holding out hope for 239 people onboard a plane missing for over two days, a plane that dropped off radar over the ocean without radio contact means what?
Your holding out hope is like waiting for the Boy Messiah to help lower Unemployment numbers or rein in Federal Spending.
perhaps the plane time-traveled to a future century.......

makes as much sense as Jean's idiocy........

Lapeer, MI

#1094988 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
It's hilarious watching Woodtick try to rein in the embarrassing ignorance of his fellow conservatives. Its like watching a guy trying to herd cats.
Watching Woodtick gather his thoughts is like watching a guy trying to herd cats.

Orlando, FL

#1094989 Mar 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem weird they haven't found one shred of evidence of a plane crash or an explosion in midair after three days.

Or no word from anyone if it was a hijacking.

I mean, it could have just exploded into a million pieces and sunk when these pieces hit the water or the currents took them further away. But luggage and other items on an airplane would have surfaced somewhere.

And maybe there will be evidence of that soon enough. But it really does seem odd that hasn't happened.

Orlando, FL

#1094990 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even Governor Moonbeam is opposed to legalization of marijuana, recognizing that some functioning adults are required to maintain society.....
Thought that was kind of funny too - because it was California's governor. Too many Californians are half-baked as it is.

Lapeer, MI

#1094991 Mar 10, 2014
Your Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! You remind me of a movie I used to get stoned and watch over and over...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2eMkth8FWnoXX
You remind me of The Topiarist of La Mancha, the guy who used to clean the needles off of a phallic cactus before sitting on it.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1094992 Mar 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, Sherlock. People will die from alcohol-related deaths and eating too much trans fat - or accidents or hereditary disease - as smoking. That's the point, isn't it, Sherlock?
Why the obsession to control just one human behavior? Is this just the beginning? Or just selective hypocrisy?
Who's obsessed and what is the behavior? Smoking? The health nazis have done a pretty good job with that.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1094993 Mar 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching Woodtick gather his thoughts is like watching a guy trying to herd cats.
clearly a legend[in his own warped mind]

Lapeer, MI

#1094994 Mar 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem weird they haven't found one shred of evidence of a plane crash or an explosion in midair after three days.
Or no word from anyone if it was a hijacking.
I mean, it could have just exploded into a million pieces and sunk when these pieces hit the water or the currents took them further away. But luggage and other items on an airplane would have surfaced somewhere.
And maybe there will be evidence of that soon enough. But it really does seem odd that hasn't happened.
I watched a few round-table discussions between professionals regarding the disappearance. The honeycombed construction of so much of an airliner body says that some pieces will and do, in fact, float.

The electrical systems in modern airliners supposedly have (4) layers of redundancy. Radio communications also have redundancy. Not receiving radio communications on any frequency from a troubled airliner is puzzling. Vietnamese Traffic Controllers claim that Flight 370 actually made a quick U-Turn just as it disappeared from radar. Making a 180 degree variance from your flight plan demands open-channel notification to other flights in your area - for safety reasons. This did not occur.

Weather conditions were beautiful, balmy.

Intentionally or not, flying a huge airliner below radar above the ocean for great distances can be very dangerous. If, as is speculated by some, the aircraft was hijacked to fly under radar all the way to the coast, where could it possibly land? Jungle density in that area is extremely dense so an airliner crashing into the jungle may not be noticed. However, U.S. Military Satellite Imaging showed no telltale infrared appearances anywhere in the expanded search areas. Bizarre.

What's left? The Bermuda Triangle is vacationing off the coast of Vietnam?

LOST has left the Hollywood Stage lots and headed into a nearby reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Joe fortuna 235,777
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Swallower 29,078
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr HitMan 201,419
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 5 hr alvina haynes 13
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 6 hr LonePalm 4,347
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 7 hr Nina 753
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 308,963
More from around the web