Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094937 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone want to measure themselves using you as a standard?
Too subtle?
How about this, you're a no-life egotistical moron that gets off by bullying your pathetically gullible conservative "friends".
gee. it seems you try to do that to me and try to prove yourself doing it.

i deal with sane rational people very nicely...when idiots keep posting lie after provable lie, i lose patience with them and call them for what they are... fools like that do not deserve the common courtesy they deny others with their continuous lies.

and now to the matter at hand...you didn't answer any of your own posts topics....who am i reining in? who here is it you think are my conservative friends?

have you noticed how you always seem to run from the crux of the issues you dive mindlessly into?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1094938 Mar 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Smoking isn't normal human behavior lily__it's suicide with "all the options."
There is a terrific TV ad running in our state presently__"would you choose your your children over smoking?" Most states don't have the TV ads Florida does because most states didn't share in Florida's legal windfall which must* be spent on anti tobacco advertising..
*must is a nebulous word eh?
There is no reason on earth to smoke cigarettes__none!!!
I didn't say normal; I said I am against legislating human behavior. It should be up to a person if he or she chooses to smoke or not; drink or not, etc. People have been smoking and drinking and taking drugs forever; laws don't make it stop. I say; to each his own.
Legalize drugs, stop arresting drug addicts; I don't care if there are laws that prohibit smoking at work or school, but, what people do on their own time is their own damn business.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094939 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with government employees contributing the full cost of their pensions as long as their pay is increased to make up the difference. Remember, the very reason people give up good higher paying jobs to work for the government is because of the benefits.
when all the compensations are added up, gov't work has hihger pay than comparative private sector work...and their production is remarkably lower in almost every case...

that is just wrong. i fully believe in the concept of paying for the best. and it would be nice if we had that in our public employees, yet the opposite seems true. the facts show we pay them more and they do far less. that needs to change.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094940 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a lie, fartsack?
Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange
America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.
The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs
Still, the flow of money the Fed has been trying to pump into the economy has dried up before trickling down to many middle-class families. Of course, it’s better to have the wealthy back on their feet, in Prada footwear, than to have nobody back on their feet at all. But the middle class still has much further to go before it reclaims its prior level of prosperity. America isn’t quite as rich as the headline number suggests.
The rich get richer, the rest get squat, thanks Barry you douchebagging, hypocritical failure.
Where's the jobs, Dopey?
you are taking an obviously hyper-inflated housing market value as your basis. that is ridiculous.

yes, household wealth is down for most from it's previous highs as those highs were mostly unsustainable, hyper-inflated home values...

when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1094942 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are taking an obviously hyper-inflated housing market value as your basis. that is ridiculous.
yes, household wealth is down for most from it's previous highs as those highs were mostly unsustainable, hyper-inflated home values...
when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense.
So, as well as woodddikk, you're Fartsack? LMAO

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094943 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
So, as well as woodddikk, you're Fartsack? LMAO
i am just woodtick. i just deal with facts. you just post crap you don't understand...why?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1094944 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>gee. it seems you try to do that to me and try to prove yourself doing it.
i deal with sane rational people very nicely...when idiots keep posting lie after provable lie, i lose patience with them and call them for what they are... fools like that do not deserve the common courtesy they deny others with their continuous lies.
and now to the matter at hand...you didn't answer any of your own posts topics....who am i reining in? who here is it you think are my conservative friends?
have you noticed how you always seem to run from the crux of the issues you dive mindlessly into?
Hyime, hyime, hyime...

Just love to fight with other people, don't you. Were you mistreated as a child?

Yep. Thought so...

“you know i know”

denver

#1094945 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with government employees contributing the full cost of their pensions as long as their pay is increased to make up the difference. Remember, the very reason people give up good higher paying jobs to work for the government is because of the benefits.
What a load of horsecrap, are you that stupid? Really? For 99.9% of them it's the best job they could ever hope to get.

Do frikkin mailmen give up "good higher" paying jobs to be mailmen?

Do low level drones at the IRS give up "good higher" paying jobs?

No they don't.

“you know i know”

denver

#1094946 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am just woodtick. i just deal with facts. you just post crap you don't understand...why?
Why do you have 2 names, Fartsack?

“you know i know”

denver

#1094947 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's hilarious to watch you try to prove yourself against me...you're about as subtle as a brick wall. and make almost as good arguments as one...
so where is it you think i have been trying to rein in anyone, and whom is it you think i have been trying to rein?
Woodddikk/fartsack, the only poster on Topix with enemies from both sides.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094948 Mar 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyime, hyime, hyime...
Just love to fight with other people, don't you. Were you mistreated as a child?
Yep. Thought so...
i like the facts to be dealt with rationally in our nation. i would like to have ignorant people like you silenced, as you do great harm to our nation and society.

i was educated as a child. i can see where you would think this is mistreatment...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094949 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodddikk/fartsack, the only poster on Topix with enemies from both sides.
are you here to make friends? you sure suck at it. do you have any friends here?

see?

“you know i know”

denver

#1094950 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it Rethugs always rely on cherry picked articles rather than make any attempt to fiind the truth?
The Senate report specifically states that the IC (intelligence community) did not share information with the White House until September 20th.
Pages 33-35, Senate Report on Benghazi:
"Moreover, it appears this reporting from those present during the attacks did
not make its way into assessments at CIA Headquarters, as the Deputy Director of
the Middle East and North Africa Analysis Office at CIA wrote an internal email,
dated September 16, 2012, that rnentioned "protestors that preceded the
violence."118 On September 18,2012, the FBI and CIA reviewed the closed circuit
television video from the Mission facility that showed there were no protests prior
to the attacks. Although information gathered from interviews with U.S. personnel
who were on the ground during the attacks was shared informally between the FBI
and CIA, it was not until two days later, on September 20, 2012, that the FBI
disseminated its intelligence reports detailing such interviews...
As a result of evidence from closed circuit videos and other reports, the IC
changed its assessment about a protest in classified intelligence reports on
September 24, 2012, to state there were no demonstrations or protests at the
Temporary Mission Facility prior to the attacks. This slow change in the official
assessment affected the public statements of government officials, who continued
to state in press interviews that there were protests outside the Mission compound."
The Senate Recommendation contained in the report: "The IC should avoid repeating erroneous information in its intelligence products as analysts continued to do when they wrote there were "protests" at the Temporary Mission Facility, which then made its way into reports
disseminated to U.S. policymakers and Congress. "
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi20...
Why is it douchebagging, dimwitted dems can't see the truth about the lying sack of offal Il Duce? He's a liar, the liar of the year in fact, he hid under his bed for 4 1/2 hours during Bengazi, wise up.

He lies about everything.

‘We’re going to have to take on entitlements, and I think we’ve got to do it quickly. We’re going to have a lot of work to do, so I can’t guarantee that we’re going to do it in the next two years, but I’d like to do it in my first term as president.”

That was candidate Barack Obama back in October of 2008, responding to a question from Tom Brokaw about how soon Obama would, if elected, move to reform entitlement programs, which Brokaw described as “a big ticking time bomb that will eat us up maybe even more than the mortgage crisis.”(Funny how this sense of urgency has all but evaporated in the mainstream media.)

Il Duce

What has he done?

zero, squat, nada, zilch,zip

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1094951 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>gee. it seems you try to do that to me and try to prove yourself doing it.
Interesting strategy, DBWriter uses it too; place yourself in control by demanding answers to questions you define as "the matter at hand". This only works on right wing morons. Progressives are free thinkers and don't allow pedantic bullies to make the rules.
I'll get back to you if I need your opinion on anything.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1094952 Mar 10, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say normal; I said I am against legislating human behavior. It should be up to a person if he or she chooses to smoke or not; drink or not, etc. People have been smoking and drinking and taking drugs forever; laws don't make it stop. I say; to each his own.
Legalize drugs, stop arresting drug addicts; I don't care if there are laws that prohibit smoking at work or school, but, what people do on their own time is their own damn business.
You're right. It's really a matter of picking your poison. Here are some statistics.

Lung cancer death estimates for 2013: 159,480.

In the United States, tobacco use is responsible for nearly 1 in 5 deaths; this equals about 443,000 early deaths each year.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tob...

A big number, granted. But eliminating trans fats could avert up to 228,000 coronary heart events each year..

The most common reason for heart attacks and strokes are due to a build-up of fatty deposits on the inner walls of the blood vessels that supply the heart or brain related to unhealthy diets and physical inactivity.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs3...

And then we have alcohol-related deaths. Alcohol causes more deaths worldwide than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence combined, according to the World Health Organization.

Approximately 2.5 million people die each year from alcohol related causes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/11/alco...

So pick your poison - cigarettes, doughnuts or booze.

(Interestingly, the WHO study pointed out that alcohol control policies are weak and remain a low priority for most governments despite drinking's heavy toll on society from road accidents, violence, disease, child neglect and job absenteeism.)

So this PC attempt to control one vice over all the others is unacceptable.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094953 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting strategy, DBWriter uses it too; place yourself in control by demanding answers to questions you define as "the matter at hand". This only works on right wing morons. Progressives are free thinkers and don't allow pedantic bullies to make the rules.
dear, it was you that brought up the topic!

but then you have shown you cannot stick to a single thought from one post to the next..

and i'll make a fool of you again when you get back to me... looking forward to it!

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094954 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it douchebagging, dimwitted dems can't see the truth about the lying sack of offal Il Duce? He's a liar, the liar of the year in fact, he hid under his bed for 4 1/2 hours during Bengazi, wise up.
‘We’re going to have to take on entitlements, and I think we’ve got to do it quickly. We’re going to have a lot of work to do, so I can’t guarantee that we’re going to do it in the next two years, but I’d like to do it in my first term as president.”
That was candidate Barack Obama back in October of 2008, responding to a question from Tom Brokaw about how soon Obama would, if elected, move to reform entitlement programs, which Brokaw described as “a big ticking time bomb that will eat us up maybe even more than the mortgage crisis.”(Funny how this sense of urgency has all but evaporated in the mainstream media.)
Il Duce
What has he done?
zero, squat, nada, zilch,zip
it's kind of fun to watch your puny mind implode like this when you cannot comprehend the logical facts that show you to be ignorant of teh topics you bring up...

kind of like a 1st grader holding his breath and stomping his feet.

amazing you are allowed computer time at all....must be a very progressive 'home' you are lucky to have us paying for...

take your pills now...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1094955 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, and sweetie, i don't need to place myself in control. i just am in control. always. this is what dealing with facts does for you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1094956 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican Credo:(A revision of the Skeptic Report's, "Woo-Woo Credo")

1 - "Never look for the simplest, most obvious cause of something. Refrain from mentioning Occam’s Razor (it’s your nemesis)."

2 - "Always favor the conspiracy angle over the boring angle. Mundane explanations (like saying that Roswell was a balloon) are for dullards and government drones."

3 - "Don’t accept mainstream science unless it’s something you’ve believed in for years (like gravity)."

4 - "Try to answer as few direct questions as possible. Always obfuscate and try to sound learned."

5 - "Use “what if” scenarios to change the subject whenever possible. If you linger on one topic too long you may be asked to provide annoying things like “proof.”

6 - "If you’re cornered and asked for proof of something, always tell the person that they “can’t disprove” your claims. Many of them will just walk away shaking their heads, which of course means they agree with you."

7 - "When all else fails, start asking hypothetical questions that have nothing to do with the actual debate. If your opponent chooses to ignore your pointless questions and remains on topic, repeat your meaningless question(s) over and over."

8 - Accuse your opponent of being a liar, or try some other tactic that will (hopefully) make him angry. If he responds in kind to your endless taunts, change the subject to his anger, and accuse him of name calling. If he accuses you of provoking him, then you have changed the subject of the debate.

9 - When your position appears hopeless, your entire audience is laughing at you, and you’ve lost all credibility take a day off.

10 - Go make your own Topix thread and gang up on anyone who doesn’t agree with your view of the world. Occasionally crosspost to other Topix threads, then complain when people answer your posts, complain to the system admistrators that they’re abusing the terms of Topix and demand their accounts be yanked for abusive spamming.

11 - Sock Puppets are very useful. If you can’t find a weak-minded soul who will blindly parrot you in support of your nonsense, create your own. Then post agreeable responses to your own messages. Just manufacture a group of people who agree with you, and the rest of the mindless zeebs will fall into line, tripping over each other to become one of your supporters.

12 - Refer to anyone who doggedly uncovers your latest little scams, time after time as “stalkers.” Write to the system administrators and demand their accounts be removed for net abuse. Remember to occasionally tell your opponents that you’ve handed all the information you’ve collected about them to the authorities who were extremely interested and grateful for the advance notice of where to find criminals like you.

13 - Claim that there is no evidence that you are a fraud, kook, net-abuser, spammer, or liar. Refer to any actual proof of this as “spinning” or “disinformation.”

14 - Keep trotting out the one “respectable” scientist who might possibly have said something that could be construed as perhaps giving a hint that it may theoretically support your position.

15 - Dig out one reference that supports your position. Complain when someone presents a reference that refutes yours. Say that this means they can’t think for themselves and your reference proves it.

16 - Whenever you read something on the Internet, re-post it as fact. Never bother to do even basic research into the matter.

17 - When debating, remember that the best technique to “proving” your hypothesis is to start with a supposition, and when you get to the third point, refer to the supposition as a “fact”.

http://www.skepticreport.com/sr/...

“you know i know”

denver

#1094957 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, el stupidisimo, you're as moronic as fartsack/.woodddiikkk. Can't even come up with an original name, go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 16 min litesong 3,218
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruce Jenner 28,760
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 308,061
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 hr thetruth 234,703
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu HitMan 201,321
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Jan 27 Pinoyboyguy 733
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web