Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394857 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094905 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. He does seem to have fabricated quite a life for himself. It's rather pathetic, don't you think?
What really comes across to me more than anything is that Flack appears to be a lonely little man. It's amazing to me that there are those that come on here every day and regurgitate the same old crap. They are a miserable lot no doubt. I think they all are in need of psychological help. Oh well tomorrows another day and again we will hear their psychotic roar. Poor fools. Hell I'm happy I also enjoy their self imposed misery.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1094906 Mar 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the facts, smokey:
<<<The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: "Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq") was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.>>>
So if Bush agreed to have all combat troops out of Iraq by Dec 2011,how is it Obama's fault that we actually took them out, per the agreement signed by George Bush??
Was Obama supposed to defy a document signed by his predecessor??
You get crazier by the day, Carol Facts are an alien concept to you.
You are correct. Bush signed the Iraq-US Status of Forces Agreement. The question is, do we still credit Obama for ending the war?
Ringo Starr

Dallas, TX

#1094907 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Retard that doesn't understand the difference between a budget proposal and the Federal budget which is voted on by members of Congress and signed by the President. Face it, you are too stupid to learn anything.
It sort of rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1094908 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the video and you tell us what you think it is.
It looks like a rocket rising from the sea to me. What does it look like to you?
I think all "expert" comments concluded the jet contrail explanation is hooey. I didn't see any "experts" say it was aliens leaving Earth to go back to the mother ship. And, it looks exactly like videos of US submarine ballastic missile tests, except the first D5 test that failed near Puerto Rico, which sought a horizontal path as soon as the rocket motors ignited, which means we have a video of a ICBM being launched and taking a horizontal path to compare it with.
This was a submarine ICBM launch.
Who are the only countries capable of launching an ICBM from a submarine? US, Russia, UK and England. Russia seems unlikely. UK seems unlikely. This administration may have been so incompetent it tested an ICBM right off of Malibu Beach.
The Russians tracked the rocket launch off the Oregon coast. I think if the Russians can track a rocket launch off the Oregon coast from Kamchatka, we can track it from here.
Let's review.
"As the Pentagon and their US mainstream media covered up the 10 November 2010 China missile launch, this MoD (Ministry of Defense) report continues, they have likewise labeled the 30 October missile launch as a fireball-meteor and the 20 November one as ‘maybe’ another fireball-meteor or contrail.
Important to note, Russian intelligence analysts in this report say, was that China warned the US about its planned 30 October launch test when on Sunday 27 October the world was given a rare glimpse into China's nuclear-powered submarine fleet, with State-owned media carrying extensive coverage of the previously mysterious strategic deterrence force."
China shows it's ICBM fleet to the world, then shows it to us up close.
You people really need to read mor than your propaganda bullshit.
sure pal...we can detect launches around the planet but not on our shores? sure..

was it bigfoot that launched it?

i've seen teh video.

we know where all the subs are. we would have known if a chinese one was there. it was not.

you are an easily mislead sheep.

St. Croix valley

#1094909 Mar 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Smoking isn't normal human behavior lily__it's suicide with "all the options."
There is a terrific TV ad running in our state presently__"would you choose your your children over smoking?" Most states don't have the TV ads Florida does because most states didn't share in Florida's legal windfall which must* be spent on anti tobacco advertising..
*must is a nebulous word eh?
There is no reason on earth to smoke cigarettes__none!!!
yet people from all cultures smoke. they always have since recorded history began.

there are many reasons to smoke. it is a drug administering system. people have used drugs of all kinds since recorded history. so with these facts in mind, one could make a very strong argument that smoking is indeed normal behavior. now doing any drug to the point of damage may not be normal behavior.

i've smoked most of my life. usually one or two a day. haven't had one in a long time now, but i certainly may again... i doubt that is suicide. i bet someone living in L.A. or Denver would have worse lungs than i do...

St. Croix valley

#1094910 Mar 10, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. Bush signed the Iraq-US Status of Forces Agreement. The question is, do we still credit Obama for ending the war?
not sure why anyone would... the iraqi's had made it clear they wanted us out of there and we wanted out of there and the negotiations for that withdrawal were well on the way even as Obama was campaigning on ending that war. something lost on most people who applauded that mindlessly...

but, sadly, mindlessness and US poliical campaigns go hand in hand...

St. Croix valley

#1094911 Mar 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You never post a link....
I DEAL in the EMPIRICAL....not opinion holmes...if you cant supply a link then you are better off arguing with your potted plants....
dude....you may have a degree but you are still an idiot....
Here are somethings to ponder while you are mowing my lawn....
framing (social sciences)
'Framing refers to the social construction of a social phenomenon often by mass media sources, political or social movements, political leaders, or other actors and organizations....
In the context of politics or mass media communication, a frame defines the packaging of an element of rhetoric in such a way as to encourage certain interpretations and to discourage others. For political purposes, framing is often times used to present facts in such a way that implicates a problem that is in need of a solution. Members of political parties attempt to frame issues in a way that makes a solution favoring their own political leaning appear to be the most appropriate course of action for the situation at hand...
(or)....
... people build a series of mental filters through biological and cultural influences. They use these filters to make sense of the world. The choices they then make are influenced by their creation of a frame. Framing is also a key component of sociology, the study of social interaction among humans. Framing is an integral part of conveying and processing data on a daily basis. Successful framing techniques can be used to reduce the ambiguity of intangible topics by contextualizing the information in a way the recipient can connect to what they already know."
not bad considering its wiki....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framing_%28socia...
so....when I post a link from the US gov that tells the READER that we are spending $50 million bucks to save sea lions that is an example of FRAMING.....duuuuuuuddddddd... ..
em·pir·i·cal
adjective
based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.
https://www.google.com/search...
i do when i need to. when i don't all you have to do is show my post to be incorrect, yet you have never been able to do that even once.yet, have you? not. even. once. why is that again?

and again, i often times show your "empiracal evidence to be false. or your understanding of it to be the exact opposite of wht you think it said. because you are stupid, incredibly stupid.

these are the facts, dear. you know it. you cannot counter them...you just have to sit and wallow in your stupidity...

happy wallowing, fool!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1094912 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it to Flacktard to keep up the lie of Obama's civilian force to be militaristic.
The racist, violent knockout game continues, what does rughead Il Duce have to say?

"If i had sons everyone of the perps would look like them"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094913 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't write the budget, dummy.
obviously....

Obama wouldn't come within a mile of anything resembling work.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094915 Mar 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Diplomacy. LQQkie here doll, were the strongest nation on earth times ten, militarily speaking.
And then we have "all of those" satellites that you FOXbots keep forgetting about__satellites that can probably see hairs on heads by now.
Let's refresh K babe?
Many voted for DaBammy believing that he'd get us out of Bush's wars and then keep us out of new ones.
Well guess what???
put down the bong, doll....

all the military equipment in the world is useless if the world knows you would never use it, pal.....

ROTFLMAO.....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1094916 Mar 10, 2014
It's hilarious watching Woodtick try to rein in the embarrassing ignorance of his fellow conservatives. Its like watching a guy trying to herd cats.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1094917 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do when i need to. when i don't all you have to do is show my post to be incorrect, yet you have never been able to do that even once.yet, have you? not. even. once. why is that again?
and again, i often times show your "empiracal evidence to be false. or your understanding of it to be the exact opposite of wht you think it said. because you are stupid, incredibly stupid.
these are the facts, dear. you know it. you cannot counter them...you just have to sit and wallow in your stupidity...
happy wallowing, fool!
Why hello there Hyime!

You doing the everyone else is an idiot except for me routine again?

I think everyone here knows who the idiot is. Usually the one that says everyone else has a problem.

You crack me up! You always tout your facts, but never present any!

Baawwaaahhh!!!

Fiction is fun, right?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1094919 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
It's hilarious watching Woodtick try to rein in the embarrassing ignorance of his fellow conservatives. Its like watching a guy trying to herd cats.
How long have you been one of woodnuts fellow conservatives?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1094920 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The racist, violent knockout game continues, what does rughead Il Duce have to say?
"If i had sons everyone of the perps would look like them"
Yep, "If i had sons everyone of the perps would look like them" "no matter which of the 57 states I lived in" LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094921 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People who feel they need to use ROTH IRAs as a means of passing their "hard earned" money onto their heirs are cheats. Plain and simple. I'm for closing all loopholes.
how about making government employees contribute the full cost of their pensions????...

and reducing the pensions if there is a shortfall instead of screwing the taxpayers....

close that loophole....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094922 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
IRAs are supposed to help people save for their retirement by making tax exempt contributions.
It is not supposed to be a way to circumvent the laws regarding estates.
anther government moocher sucking off the taxpayers.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094923 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People who feel they need to use ROTH IRAs as a means of passing their "hard earned" money onto their heirs are cheats. Plain and simple. I'm for closing all loopholes.
the fact is that the government convinced the suckers into converting to Roth IRAs to generate some up-front tax revenue...and now they are reneging on their promises.....

anybody eligible should withdraw their money now, before it is taxed......
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1094925 Mar 10, 2014
I sure am glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless Democrat.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094926 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another assh*le that fights to maintain loopholes primarily beneficial for wealthy.
We need money to fund this country. Assh*les like you call funding the government communistic.
IRAs are for average working people, not for the "wealthy"....as if that matters....

loser boozehounds like you never have enough money to fund an IRA....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094927 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't get to choose whether or not they fund our infrastructure or support our military. If you don't want to contribute, please leave. Simple as that.
government employees should be taxed each year on the value of the government contribution to their pension, instead of having a special loophole...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 min Too Easy 9,818
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zach 311,329
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr ChristineM 255,503
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web