Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394975 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1094140 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The funniest thing about Issa is that he was a car thief who made his money developing car alarms.
the only thing that would be funnier is if Issa sold fire alarms
Olive Pit

New Hyde Park, NY

#1094141 Mar 9, 2014
flack wrote:
(Credit: AP)
The GOP’s in-house poet laureate and stand-up comic Sarah Palin unironically wowed a crowd at CPAC with her rendition of Dr. Suess’s “Green Eggs and Ham,” an homage to Sen. Ted Cruz’s non-filibuster filibuster from late 2013. While Cruz recited the story to an empty room, however, Palin invigorated about 3,000 people. Palin spiced the “bedtime story”— a book about overcoming bias and self-discovery — up “a bit” with conservative rhetoric about Obamacare, congress and the media:
I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his healthcare scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals. I do not like their crony deals.
I do not like this spying, man. I do not like ‘Oh, yes we can.’
I do not like this spending spree. We’re smart, we know there’s nothing free.
I do not like reporters’ smug replies when I complain about their lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, and we won’t take it, nope, nope, nope.
While conservatives cheered her on, liberals paused to reflect on what just happened:
This one to hold you till tomorrow.
It's obvious what just happened. She has proven herself, again, to be America's resident Dunce and laughing stock. Well done Sarah!!
DEMidiots

Satellite Beach, FL

#1094142 Mar 9, 2014
DEMidiots wrote:
<quoted text> Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Suck it up, Obamabots! It's the truth! LOL

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1094143 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all is not lost.....
Carter did the same thing, finally humiliated by Iran.......
and then Reagan defeated the Soviet empire.....
dump Obama and Hillary and America will rise again....
Yo John, when exactly did the Soviet Union collapse and who was President????

geesh, you are one dumb sob aren't you? You aren't even knowledgable about recent history.

Unlike your ill informed opinion. most people credit George Marshall as being the single most influential person to stem the spread of communism.

Kennedy's reaction to the Berlin and Cuban missile crisis, plus his initiative for developement of SLBM as second.

Lech Wa&#322;&#281;sa and his trade UNION were also contributing factors that started the whole domino fall of the Soviet Union

the 9 year war in Afghanistan and the Mujahideen were the final straws that broke the financial back of the Soviet Union

REAGAN HAD LEFT OFFICE FOR 3 YEARS WHEN THE SOVIET UNION COLLAPSED IN 1991, FYI

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1094144 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
History will remember Obama for surrendering to terrorist armies in two separate countries...Iraq and Afghanistan.......
and for returning the Soviet Union to power......
while destroying the American economy.....
Mission Accomplished!!!!
Hmmm, so in your opinion, President Obama should have signed the Status of Forces agreement where the Nouri al-Maliki gov't insisted that our troops be subjected to Iraqi judicial system. That was what prompted President Obama to cease negotiations and abide by the Bush signed status of forces agreement to remove all combat troops in 2011

I also suggest you check your history on conflicts in Afghanistan and let me know the last western power to win there. You can go back a couple of thousand years, as that is where Alexander the Great's army met its defeat.

FYI, there is no soviet union and natural gas and oil had a big hand in Russia's rise.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094145 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks very much. Well, at least we both know what we're doing here, am I right? Once my hands stop shaking I'm gonna go pick up some more chicks...
I'm not sure how I mixed you up with Satan but there you go... Let's start over, Nice to meet you, sir. I've been accused of being you as long as I can remember... And, yes, the electrical creature is fun to bat around like a yarn-ball, though tedious in the extreme most times. I really just poke around til I find the wound and then keep sticking a fork in there over and over until he's crying. I have no idea why that's so satisfying sometimes? I guess I'm just mean? Which brings us back to being married over and over again. Do you ever miss any of them? Maybe you should buy a scope?
It seems like ever time I stay gone for a few months they are accusing someone of being me. I take it as a compliment. As far as missing any of my ex's, nah, I'm always looking for the next one. I think I pretty much belong in the shouldn't be married category.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1094146 Mar 9, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I've long felt that the women's movement had a lot to do with changing the game. As corporations realized they could employ women cheaper than men, they also realized those women in the workforce meant families could buy more stuff and go further into debt in doing so. I believe this was dumb luck on the corporate part rather than any kind of manipulation. It was just their greed.
You make a good point. Certainly a two-earner household is going to produce income inequality. Leaving single-income households in the dust.

I, however, believe it was economic NEED that drove women to work not the women's movement. The women's movement was the result of women entering the workforce, not a cause. It encouraged women to push the boundaries of being more than just secretaries, bookkeepers and school teachers.

So many things affected income inequality....Kennedy permitted states to include two-parent, unemployed families in the AFDC programs. Nixon enacted SSI to assist people with mental and physical disabilities. Nixon made participation in the Food Stamp Program mandatory for all states and Nixon enacted the Housing and Community Development Act. Certainly all things greatly expanding the number of people receiving assistance.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1094147 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Putin has outflanked, outmaneuvered, outsmarted and outperformed the Magic Negro so much that it could take decades for America to regain its world position - if ever.
The Shitface from Chicago has trashed everything from Middle America to the Middle East, from Europe to Yangshuo, from Common Decency to Common Sense.
There are actually growing numbers of Americans who are rooting for Putin as a result of our global embarrassment by this Jerk-In-Chief.
Bizarre.
Why don't you just leave America? Your kind really isn't wanted here.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1094148 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't know squat about anything you are talking about. you just parrot crap you clearly do not understand and make a fool of yourself in the process.
LOL...accusing others of parroting, how ironic. My guess is 75% of your posts are almost a carbon copy of what you've posted here.

You're nothing more than an average political bigot. You know no more or less than anyone else with a computer and half a brain.

Calling people stupid and uninformed just because they disagree with your views and opinions is probably the epitome of ignorance.

Congratulations, fool.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1094149 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good point. Certainly a two-earner household is going to produce income inequality. Leaving single-income households in the dust.
I, however, believe it was economic NEED that drove women to work not the women's movement. The women's movement was the result of women entering the workforce, not a cause. It encouraged women to push the boundaries of being more than just secretaries, bookkeepers and school teachers.
So many things affected income inequality....Kennedy permitted states to include two-parent, unemployed families in the AFDC programs. Nixon enacted SSI to assist people with mental and physical disabilities. Nixon made participation in the Food Stamp Program mandatory for all states and Nixon enacted the Housing and Community Development Act. Certainly all things greatly expanding the number of people receiving assistance.
Nixon also was an advocate for universal health care coverage. amazing how much things have changed
Surecock Holmes

Edgerton, WI

#1094151 Mar 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo John, when exactly did the Soviet Union collapse and who was President????
geesh, you are one dumb sob aren't you? You aren't even knowledgable about recent history.
Unlike your ill informed opinion. most people credit George Marshall as being the single most influential person to stem the spread of communism.
Kennedy's reaction to the Berlin and Cuban missile crisis, plus his initiative for developement of SLBM as second.
Lech Wa&#322;&#281;sa and his trade UNION were also contributing factors that started the whole domino fall of the Soviet Union
the 9 year war in Afghanistan and the Mujahideen were the final straws that broke the financial back of the Soviet Union
REAGAN HAD LEFT OFFICE FOR 3 YEARS WHEN THE SOVIET UNION COLLAPSED IN 1991, FYI
My sense is that the thread is disintegrating nicely now. Plus, you neglected to mention that Ronald Reagan did not actually KNOW he was out of office at that point, he'd slipped by the SS somehow and was found at a Blimpie's in Alexandria when management called the police and alerted them that there was another old white guy in there trying to buy a footlong when everybody in Alexandria knows you're either born with one or you're not.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1094152 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a low opinion of me, I know.
But then everything you do is low.
You need a big shoulder to climb on.
It's impossible not to have a low opinion of a troll like you who lacks moral character and will side with our enemies if it will benefit you and your special interests.
Surecock Holmes

Edgerton, WI

#1094154 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
anybody can find one federal judge somewhere who will issue a ridiculous decision...
and Obama has packed the courts with incompetent judges, in his own mold...
that's what appeal courts are for.....
Fortunately you guys haven't actually approved any of his nominees so you're still ok so far...
Surecock Holmes

Edgerton, WI

#1094156 Mar 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now...now.....
Hug every woodie you see! One of them made you!
Um.. no.. nope, it's the one you DIDN'T see that did that... otherwise your sentiment is fine obviously...
Surecock Holmes

Edgerton, WI

#1094157 Mar 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that would be funnier is if Issa sold fire alarms
...to Tom Ford.
TSM

United States

#1094159 Mar 9, 2014
When you’re in Over Your Head and unsuccessful dealing with the Russia and Ukraine fight over the Crimea what does our Man- Child ‘Obama ‘do… Golf Anyone!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094160 Mar 9, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, sock. I called the building department in December on liberals that live down the street because their wood burning stove chimney was too low so the Obama Voters have been burning oil since then and paying for it. Their large stacks of wood are sitting outside as we had one of the coldest winters on record.
Baawaaahhh!!!!
Hard to believe that one human can be so stupid, useless, worthless and think that he is cool...You are your own punishment. Total Loser
Olive Balls

Buffalo, NY

#1094161 Mar 9, 2014
I'm getting dizzy
DEMidiots

Satellite Beach, FL

#1094162 Mar 9, 2014
DEMidiots wrote:
<quoted text> Suck it up, Obamabots! It's the truth! LOL
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094163 Mar 9, 2014
Malaysia Airlines disaster "could be" an act of terrorism. It's appears that at least 4 persons were travelling with false documents two of which were using documents stolen in Thailand.

No one has come forward to claim credit.

Debris has been been seen but not yet identified about 70 miles SW of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,824
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Truth is might 311,332
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,504
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web