Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094034 Mar 9, 2014
On one of my MANY bizarre Topix sidebars it used to say, take a test to find out if you're smart enough to be a Marine. The questions ranged vaguely from Algebra 1 to Shop class and 3 of the answers the test provided were incorrect in one respect or another, or incomplete, or capable of have several different correct answers. I scored a 60% and a screen pooped up and said, "Congratulations, Marine! You made it! I was sooooo proud of miself.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1094035 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
Postcard from Flack...
"I hate you and am writing a SCATHING letter in Hindi to the site moderator ,Rajneesh, AS WE SPEAK. I'll get you this time!!!!"
Rajneesh?
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094036 Mar 9, 2014
Actual republican story...

One day, when I was goofing off in McDonald's, I saw a kid who I knew worked at Burger King stumbling home with his paycheck in his hand. I just assumed he was drunk again and went out and stole it from him. That was a good day, let me tell you...
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094037 Mar 9, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Rajneesh?
You know him too? Little guy.. smells like curry..
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094038 Mar 9, 2014
flack wrote:
One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself,“Why would anyone bring home all his books on Friday? He must really be a nerd.”
I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up, and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.
My heart went out to him. So I jogged over to him, and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said,“those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.” He looked at me and said,“Hey thanks!” There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
I helped him pick up his books and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before, but we talked all the way home, and I carried his books.
He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes.
We hung out all weekend, and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said,“Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books every day!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.
Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak.
On graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech, so I smacked him on the back and said,“Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smile.“Thanks,” he said.
As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began.“Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, you teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach—but most your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend in disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.“Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”
I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.
Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture, you can change a person’s life.
Plagiarizing again I see.
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094039 Mar 9, 2014
So, um, Flackie... just how "GREAT" did "Kyle" look?
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094040 Mar 9, 2014
It's ok... I don't blame you. I thought he looked "GREAT" too... You forgot to mention that the girls all liked him because he'd take them shopping... not that there's anything wrong with that...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094041 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
Ben Franklin the Deist opens the Philadelphia Convention...
"Gentlemen, Shit-for-Brains over here has suggested we just scrap the peace and love crap and just beat the shit out of the southerners like we planned back in Boston. All in favor?"
Lol too funny.
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094043 Mar 9, 2014
You can get into the Army or Marines for a couple of hundred dollars... duh!
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094044 Mar 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol too funny.
Alright, alright, I guess I was wrong about you... I've been married 3 times at least once and my character judging skills are not always razor sharp, sorry.
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094046 Mar 9, 2014
You never hear republicans cutting guys like me any slack, because I can tell you being married three times makes you work your ass off just to keep the po-po from the door...
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094048 Mar 9, 2014
How to spot a good, marriageable woman...

If she's smart and funny, has nice breasts of pretty much any size, a well-furred good-fitting vagina mounted above shapely legs, and well-turned ankles above pretty feet she's pretty much got a house and a car is how it's been working so far... it's a sore subject... fortunately that lets the guys out... otherwise I'd be a WRECK!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094050 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
So, um, Flackie... just how "GREAT" did "Kyle" look?
Hmmm, yea think????
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094051 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, alright, I guess I was wrong about you... I've been married 3 times at least once and my character judging skills are not always razor sharp, sorry.
Gotcha by one, I've been married 4 times. I love your posts, you obviously are well versed and your use of humor is great. I love it when you dissect old Shinning Erection.
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094052 Mar 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, yea think????
That's where I went with it, and I'm about as hetero as they come... Straight guys usually don't try and kill themselves until AFTER they've been in the Army...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1094053 Mar 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's the ticket. Or, I was lampooning the tendency for liberals to call everyone who disagrees with them racists. Take your pick.
When you right whiners claim that they are called racists for disagreeing with Obama's policies, you provide cover for those here that post racial slurs & make racist posts.
I call out those that make slurs & racist posts. You cannot find one of my posts that call people racist for any other reason.
When you mock that effort like you did, you provide cover for those racists.
Why os that?? Why do you protect racists?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094055 Mar 9, 2014
Thank God She Lost: Bitter Sarah Palin Calls for the Nuking of Russia ASAP

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/08/palin....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094056 Mar 9, 2014
CPACer On Women's Issues Panel: No Stupid Comments This Time Please

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cpac-no...
Bette Davist

Satellite Beach, FL

#1094057 Mar 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you right whiners claim that they are called racists for disagreeing with Obama's policies, you provide cover for those here that post racial slurs & make racist posts.
I call out those that make slurs & racist posts. You cannot find one of my posts that call people racist for any other reason.
When you mock that effort like you did, you provide cover for those racists.
Why os that?? Why do you protect racists?
Barack Hussein Obama's "Policies": "Lies of the Year" ... LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094058 Mar 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were half bi, why are you being homophobic?
i'm not living in the giant closet that says GOP on the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Susanm 313,940
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun SomePhaarts 32,913
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web