Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642266 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Madison, WI

#1092865 Mar 7, 2014
Oh, my goodness! He's back again.... I wonder why he never rubs my feet? Is it the bunions?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1092867 Mar 7, 2014
Whitewashing the Failure of Bush’s Russia Policy

It is not possible to understand Russian behavior over the last ten years without acknowledging the extent to which U.S.-Russian relations were wrecked by several Western policies, chief among them being Bush’s push for missile defense in eastern Europe and NATO expansion into the former USSR. If the Bush administration suffered from any illusions, it was that the U.S. could consistently goad and provoke Russia in its own region without consequences. By the end of Bush’s second term, that illusion was dispelled, and it was in order to repair the substantial damage that had been done in the previous five or six years that the U.S. successfully sought to find common interests with Russia.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
carol

Madison, WI

#1092868 Mar 7, 2014
oppen_high_mer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuclear weapons...
i vote for nuclear winter...
You got it, Tex... I've always said Ok City needs to be ground zero... It's weirdly comforting to me, the image of Oklahoma being erased... You people START to scream, but are cut off short... I apologize but I just love it...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1092869 Mar 7, 2014
Absurd Arguments About “Credibility” and the “Reset”

Hawks recite the mantra “weakness is provocative” with religious devotion, but over the last twenty years we know that Moscow has viewed Western shows of “strength” with great alarm. Hawks always assume that other governments act as they do because U.S.“weakness” permits or invites them to do so, but this is impossible to entangle from their general assumption that specific U.S. policies need to be more aggressive across the board. The possibility that other states perceive the U.S. as still being far too meddlesome and intrusive doesn’t occur to them because they are preoccupied with complaining about so-called “retreat.” Despite the fact that Russian action in Ukraine came in direct response to an “advance” by “pro-Western” forces, hawks discount that and look back to the Syrian episode because they think this validates the “retreat” argument. In so doing, they ignore what really seems to be motivating the Kremlin’s decision-making and substitute their own explanation.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1092870 Mar 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>were they constitutional lawyers like Obama?
in our nation, religious laws do not trump our constitution. simple fact.
Obama, apparently, has his own version of the Constitution. He thinks the original should be rewritten according to him and his own vision. Don't you remember?

He probably taught his own version at Harvard as well.

And then went on to become another corrupt Chicago politician.
carol

Madison, WI

#1092871 Mar 7, 2014
What was that bomb that just killed people? What's the matter with that? What's wrong with that? It sounds like the perfect weapon....?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1092872 Mar 7, 2014
Rubio’s Bad Ideas For “Punishing” Russia

Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1092873 Mar 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is well known" = Fox said.
You're cute and you're funny and I can hardly believe you used to HATE me! And you know in your heart that if you were to pull the trigger you could recreate that youthful passion with a flick of your fingers... Honestly, this thing is wasted on the internet tubes...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1092874 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake...I just hope there aren't too many like you out there...
Our Constitution PROTECTS religious freedom - including the right to exercise that freedom when refusing services which go against one's religious beliefs.
Seriously...this is why the loyalists are irreversibly brainwashed and would follow Obama over a cliff and into the sea led by the Pied Piper of the liberal media.
Wow, you right whiners are all really dumber than sh*t.

If your religion says gays do not have the same rights as other Americas, then I think you are in for a surprise when you get to the pearly gates.

No fair & just God would encourage bigotry & racism based on the idea that it is OK to trample upon those who were created different than you.

What the f*ck is wrong with you people?

If you want to be in business, then you follow the rules of business.

According to you, if the KKK was a religion, then racism should be legalized. You know, just like Rand Paul said.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1092876 Mar 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we';ve ready done that. the jim crow laws were overturned. and they were exactly what you just described for those bigots.
it is funny how you don't see you are the exact same kind of bigot as them...
That is the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted. But it's hard to say for sure.

Religious Freedom Restoration Act
March 11, 1993

http://prop1.org/legal/rfra.htm

SEC. 3. FREE EXERCISE OF RELIGION PROTECTED

c) JUDICIAL RELIEF.-- A person whose religious exercise has been substantially burdened in violation of this section may assert that violation as a claim or defense in a judicial proceeding and obtain appropriate relief against a government. Standing to assert a claim or defense under this section shall be governed by the general rules of standing under article III of the Constitution.

SEC. 6. APPLICABILITY.

(c) RELIGIOUS BELIEF UNAFFECTED.-- Nothing in this Act shall be construed to authorize any government to substantially burden any religious belief.

...This has nothing to do with discrimination based on race. All religions are protected under this same law.

You just have a problem with Christians when it comes to gay marriage...forgetting the state of California voted against it twice. Not exactly a rightwing state.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1092877 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
...this is why the loyalists are irreversibly brainwashed and would follow Obama over a cliff and into the sea led by the Pied Piper of the liberal media.
Yes, I can see the parallels... there were only three children of legend who escaped the Piper's clutches, One was deaf, one was blind, one was crippled. Republicans all, apparently.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1092878 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama, apparently, has his own version of the Constitution. He thinks the original should be rewritten according to him and his own vision. Don't you remember?
He probably taught his own version at Harvard as well.
And then went on to become another corrupt Chicago politician.
When did he teach at Harvard babe? Your posts are loaded with lies and mistakes this morning. Are you hurried doll or are the anti depressants backfiring?
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1092879 Mar 7, 2014
I bought some Fess Parker wine the other day at Rodman's, trying to determine if it tasted like old moccasins or a bear?$30 a bottle! You people really LOVE you some Davy Crockett!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1092880 Mar 7, 2014
You said it Mr President

"The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide."
Barack Obama
August 21, 2010

"On the advice of my council I respectfully exercise my First Amendment right and decline to answer.."
Lois Lerner
Former IRS Official
March 5, 2014

Blain, PA

#1092881 Mar 7, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The airports the planes toke off from are not small.
But some of the terrorists entered this country through smaller airports. I think one came in through Maine.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1092882 Mar 7, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The airports the planes toke off from are not small.
Toke off from...And you call liberals stupid??? Me thinks you may be toking now.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1092883 Mar 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But some of the terrorists entered this country through smaller airports. I think one came in through Maine.
Aaay-yup...
oppen_high_mer

Norman, OK

#1092884 Mar 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>whose military is gutted?
Are you saying the US military is EXPANDING?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1092885 Mar 7, 2014
flack wrote:
You said it Mr President
"The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide."
Barack Obama
August 21, 2010
"On the advice of my council I respectfully exercise my First Amendment right and decline to answer.."
Lois Lerner
Former IRS Official
March 5, 2014
Lulu Lerner needs to be in jail. It isn't like she was some civic minded American walking down the street, minding her own business and was ambushed by some oppressive government--she was the oppressive government. Lock her up.

Blain, PA

#1092887 Mar 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
Obammy's Chickens
Until last week, we lived in a world where the West had grown comfortable that Francis Fukuyama was right and history had ended. Events would still happen, but the world would inevitably evolve toward liberal democracy. We all learned in college that liberal democracies were more stable and least prone to violence of all forms of government. Barack Obama, the British prime minister, the French president, and the rest of the West could sit around tables fretting about the environment, income inequality, unisex bathrooms, gay marriage and other issues. The West had concluded there were no longer national interests, but global interests where we would all win or all lose together.
It is the foreign policy view of the naive elite in comfortable times detached from the real world. The Aspen and Davos sets can tut-tut at world events, but their worldview and foreign policy have brought us to this point. That worldview both fostered and fed off of an unserious foreign policy press and analytical corps that saw the world through global issues and global interests.
Many of those within the foreign policy community with the biggest media platforms eschew the military, support progressive social views and generally think the world can get along if only the bully United States let others lead. They transition in and out of government -- a fourth estate that works in and around the first and second, whispering in ears, holding salons, and attending cocktail parties where worldview is more important than the wine selection.
And they all nodded approvingly when Barack Obama declared his intention to LEAD FROM BEHIND.
They all pretended NOT to hear when in 2012 he promised the Russians "flexibility after the election."
Typical right whiner. Not capable of original thought & can only steal the words of others. And steal the words of obvious right whiner websites that post sh*t they know will attract the feeble minded right whiners so they can sell advertising.

The same way & the same audience from which Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck make millions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min June VanDerMark 320,084
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,801
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Not who you think 34,827
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web