Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402832 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1091640 Mar 5, 2014
The truth is that there was never an Arab country of Palestine and that Palestinian Arabs were never a nation. The truth is that Jerusalem was never the capital of any Arab state or province. The truth is that in all of recorded history, only one people has ever made Palestine west of the Jordan a sovereign nation-state with Jerusalem as its capital: the Jews. So closely was Palestine associated with Jews, in fact, that in the years before Israel's birth, those who spoke of "Palestinians" were usually referring to the region's Jewish residents. Arab leaders rejected the notion of a unique Palestinian Arab identity, insisting that Palestine was merely a part of "Greater Syria." Not that they saw Palestine as much of a prize in any case. Until the Zionist enterprise got underway, Palestine was stagnant and mostly barren. Its Arab population was small and declining. With Jewish development, however, came economic opportunity and better living conditions, which, in turn, attracted huge numbers of Arab immigrants from beyond Palestine's borders.

Yet, if the Arabs didn't consider themselves Palestinians, they nevertheless ended up with most of Palestine. When the Ottoman Empire was broken up after World War I, the Allies carved a raft of new Arab countries from its territory, reserving only Palestine to fulfill their promise of a Jewish national home. Then, in 1922, Great Britain severed the 77 percent of Palestine that lay east of the Jordan River and created yet another Arab country - today's Jordan. Three-fourths of historic Palestine is sovereign Arab territory, and has been barred to Jews for 80 years. Arabs displaced by war from one part of Palestine have always had the rest of Palestine to resettle in - if only their Arab brethren would permit it.

The Arab myth of an ancient homeland stolen by Jews is dramatic and affecting, but it is still a myth. The Jews, meanwhile - the real Palestinians - try to live on just the sliver of land that lies between the river and the sea. Yet even that is too much for their neighbors, who cannot abide a Jewish state of any size. On the day it was born, they tried to wipe it out. They have been trying ever since.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1091643 Mar 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were going to take a little break.
Food for thought pal__If there was no Palestine there would be no Palestinians__right?
Been postponed a bit but won't be long. The answer to your question is above in two posts.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1091646 Mar 5, 2014
Obama Budget Doubles Spending to Fight 'Nightmare Bacteria'--What? O'bama is going to spend 30 million to fight himself?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091647 Mar 5, 2014
Poor min wage earners...who are they again? Where do they live on such meager earnings?

From 1998...

{emphasis added}

"Nearly 43 percent of all minimum wage earners are teenagers and young adults LIVING AT HOME; 16.5 percent are SPOUSES of OTHER earners:
22.5 percent ARE NOT HEADS of household..."

U.S Congress.(1998).'CONGRESSIONAL RECORD: SENATE.' Vol 144 (15). Page 21071
Lil Olive Skin Kid

Buffalo, NY

#1091650 Mar 5, 2014
Origin of the name Palestine:
The name Palestine is given to the region spreading from eastern Mediterranean coast to the Jordan Valley to the area covering Galilee Lake in the north and southern Negev Desert. The origin of this word lies in “Plesheth”. This is a name appearing frequently in the Bible and have started being known as “Philistine” in English. The world root of “Plesheth” lies in the word “palah” was is a term used generally in the sense of migratory, referring to the Palestinian’s conquest of the coast of Mediterranean. These people were mostly originates of Asia Minor and Greece and gradually became a part of the Arab world.

The Philistines entered in this region not all at one time but in different eras. The first group reached here in the pre-patriarchal period and made a settlement in Gerar, south of Beersheba. The second group arrived from Crete and settled in the southern coastal area where it divided made different settlements into Gat, Ekron, Ashdod, Ascalon and Gaza. These districts were occupied by the foreign settlers coming mostly from the Mediterranean islands.

In the fifth century BC, the region of eastern coast of the Mediterranean started being called as “the Philistine Syria”, a term coined by the Greek historian, Herodotus and used in its Greek language form. In AD 135, the Emperor Hadrian blotted out the name “Provincia Judea” and renamed it “Provincia Syria Palaestina”. This was the Latin version of the Greek name and soon became a name to be used as an administrative unit. This name was shortened to Palaestina and the name “Palestine” was derived from it as a modern and anglicized version.

No changes occurred to this name until after the fourth century had passed when Palestine was divided in to three regions, following the imperial reorganization. The name Palestine was used by the Christian Crusades to regard all three of the divided regions in general and continued to be used for the regions on both sides of the Jordan River in general. Palestine went under the rule of the Ottoman Turks for 400 years where its administration was attached to Damascus. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I, the name Palestine was revived and was applied to the land falling under the British Mandate for Palestine. Arabs use the name “Falastin” for Palestine which is an Arab pronunciation of the Roman word “Palaestina.”
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091651 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I've told you before idiot that I'm a Deist. I don't have a bible MORAN!!!! There is nor ever was a Palestine moran.
I never said that there was NUMBNUTS, but the ones now called Palestinians are the same ones that lived on that land for a couple thousand years,Before they were kicked to the curb, and it never cost us tax payers a penny, unlike the billions that we have donated to the money grubbing, conniving, ungrateful Jew b1tches now. You are one twisted twerp.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1091653 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is sofa ing stupid he doesn't understand that the cost of an employee is much more that their salary.
cut the $81 in half and the government slugs are still grossly overpaid....
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091658 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
The truth is that there was never an Arab country of Palestine and that Palestinian Arabs were never a nation. The truth is that Jerusalem was never the capital of any Arab state or province. The truth is that in all of recorded history, only one people has ever made Palestine west of the Jordan a sovereign nation-state with Jerusalem as its capital: the Jews. So closely was Palestine associated with Jews, in fact, that in the years before Israel's birth, those who spoke of "Palestinians" were usually referring to the region's Jewish residents. Arab leaders rejected the notion of a unique Palestinian Arab identity, insisting that Palestine was merely a part of "Greater Syria." Not that they saw Palestine as much of a prize in any case. Until the Zionist enterprise got underway, Palestine was stagnant and mostly barren. Its Arab population was small and declining. With Jewish development, however, came economic opportunity and better living conditions, which, in turn, attracted huge numbers of Arab immigrants from beyond Palestine's borders.
Yet, if the Arabs didn't consider themselves Palestinians, they nevertheless ended up with most of Palestine. When the Ottoman Empire was broken up after World War I, the Allies carved a raft of new Arab countries from its territory, reserving only Palestine to fulfill their promise of a Jewish national home. Then, in 1922, Great Britain severed the 77 percent of Palestine that lay east of the Jordan River and created yet another Arab country - today's Jordan. Three-fourths of historic Palestine is sovereign Arab territory, and has been barred to Jews for 80 years. Arabs displaced by war from one part of Palestine have always had the rest of Palestine to resettle in - if only their Arab brethren would permit it.
The Arab myth of an ancient homeland stolen by Jews is dramatic and affecting, but it is still a myth. The Jews, meanwhile - the real Palestinians - try to live on just the sliver of land that lies between the river and the sea. Yet even that is too much for their neighbors, who cannot abide a Jewish state of any size. On the day it was born, they tried to wipe it out. They have been trying ever since.
The United States made that all possible not the Jews Idiot..By arming and billions along with the fat Jews that run this nation.I say we should arm the Palestinians in the same manner and let them go at it. We owe Israel absolutely nothing, they have been responsible for more American deaths and violations against us than have the Palestinians, They have stolen our Atomic Bomb secrets, they attacked our ship The U.S.S. Liberty and killed and injured many of our Navy personell You can kiss their azzes because you are consumed with ignorance if you choose, but that doesn't change the "FACTS" Now GFY

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1091660 Mar 5, 2014
Hi y'all

I see Leo is still posting, Dave still can't read and dem is still humping any available leg. Nothing changes at Cheers.
dem

United States

#1091661 Mar 5, 2014
Slutvana- you vant to meet ruussshhhiinn whor e to marry, little old boy like man?

DB- I guess. Do you hate black people?

Slutvana- slutvana do or hate anything for green card. I mean I love you, tiny americunt.
dem

United States

#1091662 Mar 5, 2014
DB- I'm kinda leery cause the last mail order bride I paid for had some hairy ballz.

Slutvana- u like hairy ballz? My sister victor has some nice ones.
dem

United States

#1091663 Mar 5, 2014
Eman wrote:
Hi y'all

I see Leo is still posting, Dave still can't read and dem is still humping any available leg. Nothing changes at Cheers.
Didn't take you long to go for my co ck, ma'am.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1091664 Mar 5, 2014
Hey! Where did dem wit and the other socks go? LMAO!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1091665 Mar 5, 2014
Eman wrote:
Hi y'all
Welcome back Eman!
dem

United States

#1091666 Mar 5, 2014
DB- I do love you Slutvana. I will agree to support your "brothers" every needs.

Slutvana- my husband. Oh I mean my brother will forever worship you. He and I will share bed in your trailer.
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091667 Mar 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And with global "worming", let's keep it that way.
Good eye Leo, now you are aware that Eed is a graduate of the university of Montana, he has all kinds of degrees. Of course he cannot spell any of them.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091670 Mar 5, 2014
Science...

EPICA ice core drilling...

Antarctica...

Ice cores found evidence of 10 different ICE AGES...
Over the course of 800,000 years...

"The EPICA cycles show up to a 10 DEGREES CELSIUS fluctuation up or down...."

Warming and cooling,,,cooling then warming...and no automobiles or coal fired electricity in sight....

if you have an age of Ice....you have to have an age of NO ICE....

Webb, S.(2013).'Corridors to Extinction and the Australian Megafauna'. Elsevier : https://www.elsevier.com

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1091672 Mar 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that there was NUMBNUTS, but the ones now called Palestinians are the same ones that lived on that land for a couple thousand years,Before they were kicked to the curb, and it never cost us tax payers a penny, unlike the billions that we have donated to the money grubbing, conniving, ungrateful Jew b1tches now. You are one twisted twerp.
Do you mean since the Romans obliberated the Jews for the Arabs?

Or, would you be talking about the same Palestinians that tried to take over Jordan with a coup, which the Jordanians killed about ten thousand of them, and then forced them out of Jordan into the refugee camps you see in Lebanon and into the West Bank where Israel took them in and let them build homes and cities.
Is that the Palestinians you're talking about?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1091674 Mar 5, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't take you long to go for my co ck, ma'am.
no new material, I see. Sad. Hey, is lily still around? I want to ask her about her wife beating rep.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1091677 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Science...
EPICA ice core drilling...
Antarctica...
Ice cores found evidence of 10 different ICE AGES...
Over the course of 800,000 years...
"The EPICA cycles show up to a 10 DEGREES CELSIUS fluctuation up or down...."
Warming and cooling,,,cooling then warming...and no automobiles or coal fired electricity in sight....
if you have an age of Ice....you have to have an age of NO ICE....
Webb, S.(2013).'Corridors to Extinction and the Australian Megafauna'. Elsevier : https://www.elsevier.com
you mean climate change is.....normal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min Brian_G 311,478
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Richardfs 255,868
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 hr litesong 9,981
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,306
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web