Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602222 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1091614 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you either don't understand anything or are a liar.
We all know the case,“Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank”.
You remember. You & your right whiners buddies were running in circles screaming how Obama required banks loan money to black people who could not pay it back. Funny how that conveniently slipped your mind here.
It was because Obama was a junior member of a law firm in this case that effectively ended redlining.
Once again, you are proven to be dumber than sh*t.
I don't recall seeing any evidence Obama was ever in a court room as a lawyer. I do recall you referencing some LA Times article about Obama working some cases that paid damages of 50 dollars and 300 and something dollars with the details of who the plaintiff and accused were and what the conditions of the complaint and resultant agreement were in these penny-ante cases settled out of court. I don't remember seeing any such details of the cases where the article didn't state Obama was actually in a courtroom as a lawyer, but led the reader to assume it.

So, back to the issue. If someone wants to borrow money to put into an area where it is well known to have a very high propensity of unpaid loans, why should any institution be forced to lower their risk standards and make that loan that, based on the location alone, has a very high risk of not being repaid?
dem

United States

#1091615 Mar 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>can anybody explain what this idiot is trying to say???...
He said you are a jagoff.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091616 Mar 5, 2014
What do you think.....

"16% Think Young Blacks Better Off Under Obama"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
dem

United States

#1091617 Mar 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Her poll numbers are still higher than your IQ.
Well played, grey.
Drinks on me.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1091618 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly these dupes forget that Putin kept his head down when Bush was President. Putin feared the United States when Bush was President. Today, he laughs at us.
But, why wouldn't he? We have pathological lying frauds as President and Secretary of State who hated the United States their entire lives, and were indoctrinated with the information Putin may have written, himself, during his KGB career.
Putin not only knows what they think, he knows how they think and what they will think.
This clown act of an administration is no threat to anything Putin chooses to do.
You mean like when Putin invaded Georgia in 2008, and annexed after Bush had promised to help Georgia defend itself against Russian agression??

So what did Bush do??

Nothing, nada, zilch. He basically caved to Putin, which allowed Putin to continue in his Communnist Thug ways.

You know as little about history as you do about the US Constitution.

So I will again educate you, as I did when you stupidly said Russians were Vikings!! HAHAHAHA

Yiou are both the biggest idiot and biggest liar on this thread, Dweeb.
----------

""Georgia 'overrun' by Russian troops as full-scale ground invasion begins

""Gordon Brown urges Moscow to order a ceasefire
Putin lashes out at the U.S. for 'helping Georgia'
Georgia 'restarts shelling' after ceasefire call ignore
Refugee crisis as 40,000 flee

Georgian officials tonight claimed the country had been 'overrun' by Russian troops after a full-scale ground invasion.

Amid reports that Moscow forces had taken the town of Gori - and were marching on the capital Tsblisi - Georgian soldiers appeared to be in full retreat.

Troops were apparently in complete chaos as a full-scale rout pushed them back through the countryside.

Meanwhile, the civilian crisis intensified with thousands of refugees fleeing the seemingly unstoppable advance of the Russian army.

Earlier in the day, Russian premier Vladimir Putin raised the stakes over the conflict by lashing out at the U.S. as the fighting continued to escalate in the region.

The Russian prime minister rejected calls from Georgia for a ceasefire and declared that his country would pursue its mission to its 'logical conclusion'.

A day after a face-to-face meeting with President George W. Bush in Beijing who expressed 'grave concern', Mr Putin accused the U.S. of siding with Georgia by ferrying Georgian troops from Iraq to the battle zone.

'It is a shame that some of our partners are not helping us but, essentially, are hindering us,' said Mr Putin.'The very scale of this cynicism is astonishing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10432...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
dem

United States

#1091619 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Not me. He's obviously blown a fuse.
Speaking of Russian whor Es that blow for green cards, where's Slutvana?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1091620 Mar 5, 2014
Was there ever a state called Palestine?

Did it ever existed as an autonomous entity ??

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

The term "Palestine" is believed to be derived from the Philistines, an Aegean people who, in the 12th Century B.C.E., settled along the Mediterranean coastal plain of what are now Israel and the Gaza Strip. In the second century C.E., after crushing the last Jewish revolt, the Romans first applied the name Palaestina to Judea (the southern portion of what is now called the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel. The Arabic word "Filastin" is derived from this Latin name.

The Hebrews entered the Land of Israel about 1300 B.C.E., living under a tribal confederation until being united under the first monarch, King Saul. The second king, David, established Jerusalem as the capital around 1000 B.C.E. David's son, Solomon built the Temple soon thereafter and consolidated the military, administrative and religious functions of the kingdom. The nation was divided under Solomon's son, with the northern kingdom (Israel) lasting until 722 B.C.E., when the Assyrians destroyed it, and the southern kingdom (Judah) surviving until the Babylonian conquest in 586 B.C.E. The Jewish people enjoyed brief periods of sovereignty afterward before most Jews were finally driven from their homeland in 135 C.E.

Jewish independence in the Land of Israel lasted for more than 400 years. This is much longer than Americans have enjoyed independence in what has become known as the United States. In fact, if not for foreign conquerors, Israel would be 3,000 years old today.

Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country, although Arabic gradually became the language of most the population after the Muslim invasions of the seventh century. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not."

Prior to partition, Palestinian Arabs did not view themselves as having a separate identity. When the First Congress of Muslim-Christian Associations met in Jerusalem in February 1919 to choose Palestinian representatives for the Paris Peace Conference, the following resolution was adopted:

We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria, as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographical bonds.6

In 1937, a local Arab leader, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, told the Peel Commission, which ultimately suggested the partition of Palestine: "There is no such country [as Palestine]!'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria."

The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947 that said "Palestine was part of the Province of Syria" and that, "politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity." A few years later, Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, told the Security Council: "It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."

Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.
dem

United States

#1091621 Mar 5, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>No one contacted me Couture Stretchy Pants. If that were the case, I wouldn't be posting . LIAR. You want to talk about sick--let me see what I can find that you posted.
Lol!
The Jew mutt is a little sensitive about her existing brain trauma. Maybe if I were to choke you with my co ck the lack of oxygen might improve your ability to think clearly?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1091622 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because ObamaKare caused the cost of the policies to go up, and the insurance companies that cancelled those 5 million policies joined the exchanges, you moron.
>>That Obamacare 'Bailout' Saves Taxpayers $8 BillionThe Congressional Budget Office expects insurance companies to pay in more than they take out.<<

The Obamacare program Republicans have criticized as a "bailout for insurance companies" will actually save the federal government about $8 billion, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

The program in question, known as risk corridors, was designed to stabilize insurance premiums if the pool of people who sign up for coverage is different than expected.

Many Republicans, led by Sen. Marco Rubio, want to repeal the program—perhaps as part of an agreement to raise the debt ceiling. But the program will probably save the government money, CBO said in its revised budget figures.

Here's how risk corridors work: When insurers' real-life costs are higher than what they expected when they set their premiums, the government absorbs some of the losses. When insurers' costs are lower than expected, they pay into the program.

In effect, the government shares in unexpected costs as well as unexpected savings. And the savings will likely be bigger, CBO said.

Insurers will probably receive about $8 billion in risk-corridor payments, CBO said, but will pay in roughly $16 billion—for a net savings to the government of about $8 billion.

CBO Director Doug Elmendorf said that doesn't mean repealing the risk corridors would add $8 billion to the deficit—insurers change their behavior because they're counting on these payments, he noted, so repeal would need to be scored on its own.

Still, today's estimate certainly makes it easier for vulnerable Democrats to resist any political pressure to repeal risk corridors. It might also reflect some underlying optimism about Obamacare enrollment.

Everyone knows overall enrollment will be somewhat lower than expected—CBO says about 1 million lower—because of the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov . That uncertainty has stoked fears that insurers will end up with sicker, more expensive patients than they planned, causing them to raise premiums next year.

But by projecting that risk corridors would save the government money, CBO is saying it expects insurers' costs, overall, to be lower than expected—not higher.

"Despite the technical problems that have impeded enrollment in exchanges … CBO expects that premium bids will still exceed costs," the budget office said.

Risk corridors wouldn't save the government money if insurance markets nationwide were flooded with sick, expensive patients. In a worst-case scenario, insurers would have to pay out far more claims than they anticipated when they set their premiums, triggering risk-corridor payments from the government and then premium increases next year.

By predicting savings from the risk-corridor program, CBO isn't necessarily predicting that Obamacare's exchanges will be healthier than expected; there are other reasons for spending to be low. But the projection is a sign that CBO doesn't expect the kind of exceptionally bad risk pool that could threaten the exchanges' basic solvency.

Elmendorf noted that there is considerable uncertainty in CBO's analysis of how the health care law will affect insurers and said the $8 billion figure was in the middle of a wide range of possibilities. It could save the government more, he said, or it could end up costing taxpayers.

Catherine Hollander contributed to this article.

This article appears in the February 5, 2014 edition of NJ Daily.

----------

Funny how none of your stupid lies hold up to any sort of scrutiny.

It must be your advanced Obama induced schizophrenia.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1091623 Mar 5, 2014
Texas Buck-rakers

How the Texas Tea Party became nothing more than an effort to take people’s money.

The headlines are as lousy as anyone could dream up. From the Associated Press:“Republican Cornyn Wins Primary in Texas Over Tea Party Foe.” From Politico:“Two Pillars of the Republican Establishment Crushed Their Tea Party–Inspired Primary Challengers in Texas.” Hadn’t it just been a few days since the movement gathered in Washington and celebrated for its five-year jubilee? Hadn’t Sen. Ted Cruz said they were winning? What happened?

Nothing happened. That was the point. Neither Sen. John Cornyn nor Rep. Pete Sessions was ever at risk of losing his primary. The organizations and people that claimed these establishment Republicans were in danger inspired headlines, trend stories, TV buzz—fundraising. They followed that up by expending exactly zero effort.

Tea Partiers and other conservatives did quite well down the ballot. On Wednesday morning, a Texas Tea Party organizer copied me on a memo about the votes in “major races,” like lieutenant governor and attorney general and various state legislative districts. He didn’t mention Cornyn’s campaign against Rep. Steve Stockman, or Sessions’ 2–1 landslide over Katrina Pierson. You could describe the choice for activists as one between the scoreboard and the school board, between “challenging” the leaders of the GOP in a way the press can cover and changing the GOP with unsexy local election wins. Tuesday was an apocalypse for the team scoreboard.

....Actually, if you’d been following Stockman’s race on WND, Tuesday’s result would have stunned you. The conservative news site reported that Stockman was following a “Cruz missile” strategy and closing the gap with Cornyn, citing one Human Events/Gravis poll that ended up missing the result by 25 points. Jerome Corsi, the author of the investigative journalism classic Where’s the Birth Certificate?, endorsed Stockman and wrote credulous WND columns about his race. Stockman had blown off Texas reporters and made no public campaign appearances since January. He gave Corsi an exclusive interview.

The broader right has an uneasy relationship with Corsi and WND. It’s not just that the site obsessively covered conspiracies about President Obama’s citizenship or that it bought billboards to advance the conspiracies. It’s that the site twins conservative news with get-rich-quick, survive-the-apocalypse, buy-buy-buy ad scams. Eric Hoffer’s theory that every political cause becomes a “business, then eventually degenerates into a racket,” is proved every day at WND. It’s proved in less noticeable ways on the email lists of defeated presidential candidates like Herman Cain that have been sold to quacks.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091624 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Obama took the national stage in 2004 at the Democratic Convention and winning the election to be a US Senator.
And really, yet another dumbass right whiner who does not understand what the phrase "Redistribution of Wealth" means.
Get better informed. You are embarrassing yourself.
2004.... hmmmmmm.

Wasn't that the same year Obama's opponent accused him of being born in Kenya, and Obama's response was, and I quote:
"So what? I'm running for Illinois Senator, not the Presidency."

Did I get that right?

Did Obama lie when he claimed to be born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1091625 Mar 5, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
One more time you prove yourself to be a liar. I have not commented on global worming in any manner, pro, con or indifferent.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
And with global "worming", let's keep it that way.
dem

United States

#1091626 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
What do you think.....

"16% Think Young Blacks Better Off Under Obama"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Hire a black boy to fk you.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1091627 Mar 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
can anybody explain what this idiot is trying to say???...
No, I don't speak idot!
dem

United States

#1091628 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall seeing any evidence Obama was ever in a court room as a lawyer. I do recall you referencing some LA Times article about Obama working some cases that paid damages of 50 dollars and 300 and something dollars with the details of who the plaintiff and accused were and what the conditions of the complaint and resultant agreement were in these penny-ante cases settled out of court. I don't remember seeing any such details of the cases where the article didn't state Obama was actually in a courtroom as a lawyer, but led the reader to assume it.

So, back to the issue. If someone wants to borrow money to put into an area where it is well known to have a very high propensity of unpaid loans, why should any institution be forced to lower their risk standards and make that loan that, based on the location alone, has a very high risk of not being repaid?
Has Slutvana allowed you to watch her fk her real husband?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1091629 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I've told you before idiot that I'm a Deist. I don't have a bible MORAN!!!! There is nor ever was a Palestine moran.
I thought you were going to take a little break.

Food for thought pal__If there was no Palestine there would be no Palestinians__right?
dem

United States

#1091630 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
Was there ever a state called Palestine?

Did it ever existed as an autonomous entity ??

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

The term "Palestine" is believed to be derived from the Philistines, an Aegean people who, in the 12th Century B.C.E., settled along the Mediterranean coastal plain of what are now Israel and the Gaza Strip. In the second century C.E., after crushing the last Jewish revolt, the Romans first applied the name Palaestina to Judea (the southern portion of what is now called the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel. The Arabic word "Filastin" is derived from this Latin name.

The Hebrews entered the Land of Israel about 1300 B.C.E., living under a tribal confederation until being united under the first monarch, King Saul. The second king, David, established Jerusalem as the capital around 1000 B.C.E. David's son, Solomon built the Temple soon thereafter and consolidated the military, administrative and religious functions of the kingdom. The nation was divided under Solomon's son, with the northern kingdom (Israel) lasting until 722 B.C.E., when the Assyrians destroyed it, and the southern kingdom (Judah) surviving until the Babylonian conquest in 586 B.C.E. The Jewish people enjoyed brief periods of sovereignty afterward before most Jews were finally driven from their homeland in 135 C.E.

Jewish independence in the Land of Israel lasted for more than 400 years. This is much longer than Americans have enjoyed independence in what has become known as the United States. In fact, if not for foreign conquerors, Israel would be 3,000 years old today.

Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country, although Arabic gradually became the language of most the population after the Muslim invasions of the seventh century. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not."

Prior to partition, Palestinian Arabs did not view themselves as having a separate identity. When the First Congress of Muslim-Christian Associations met in Jerusalem in February 1919 to choose Palestinian representatives for the Paris Peace Conference, the following resolution was adopted:

We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria, as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographical bonds.6

In 1937, a local Arab leader, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, told the Peel Commission, which ultimately suggested the partition of Palestine: "There is no such country [as Palestine]!'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria."

The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947 that said "Palestine was part of the Province of Syria" and that, "politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity." A few years later, Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, told the Security Council: "It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."

Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.
Lol!
Never say flack isn't a scholar.
Looks like you asked the magic eight ball a question you dope.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091632 Mar 5, 2014
Poor min wage earners...who are they again?

from 2005....

"Min wage earners who actually support a family are few and far between. Fully 85 percent - 85 percent- of the minimum wager earners live with their parents, have a working spouse, or are living alone without children..."

U.S Congress.(2005).'CONGRESSIONAL RECORD: SENATE.' Vol 151 (17). Page 23161
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091633 Mar 5, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well played, grey.
Drinks on me.
Thanks, I'll have a shot of Jose Cuervo, This can be fun at times.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091634 Mar 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like when Putin invaded Georgia in 2008, and annexed after Bush had promised to help Georgia defend itself against Russian agression??
So what did Bush do??
Nothing, nada, zilch. He basically caved to Putin, which allowed Putin to continue in his Communnist Thug ways.
You know as little about history as you do about the US Constitution.
So I will again educate you, as I did when you stupidly said Russians were Vikings!! HAHAHAHA
Yiou are both the biggest idiot and biggest liar on this thread, Dweeb.
----------
""Georgia 'overrun' by Russian troops as full-scale ground invasion begins
""Gordon Brown urges Moscow to order a ceasefire
Putin lashes out at the U.S. for 'helping Georgia'
Georgia 'restarts shelling' after ceasefire call ignore
Refugee crisis as 40,000 flee
Georgian officials tonight claimed the country had been 'overrun' by Russian troops after a full-scale ground invasion.
Amid reports that Moscow forces had taken the town of Gori - and were marching on the capital Tsblisi - Georgian soldiers appeared to be in full retreat.
Troops were apparently in complete chaos as a full-scale rout pushed them back through the countryside.
Meanwhile, the civilian crisis intensified with thousands of refugees fleeing the seemingly unstoppable advance of the Russian army.
Earlier in the day, Russian premier Vladimir Putin raised the stakes over the conflict by lashing out at the U.S. as the fighting continued to escalate in the region.
The Russian prime minister rejected calls from Georgia for a ceasefire and declared that his country would pursue its mission to its 'logical conclusion'.
A day after a face-to-face meeting with President George W. Bush in Beijing who expressed 'grave concern', Mr Putin accused the U.S. of siding with Georgia by ferrying Georgian troops from Iraq to the battle zone.
'It is a shame that some of our partners are not helping us but, essentially, are hindering us,' said Mr Putin.'The very scale of this cynicism is astonishing.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10432...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oh, yes. The idiots sleeping through class now ask stupid questions.

Let me educate on the Georgia event, since you are obviously ignorant.

Abkhazia and South Ossetia populations are dominated by Russians. Georgia and Russia had an agreement that the two regions would not have a military presence while Georgia and Russia negotiated the status of the Russians living there. The President of Georgia abruptly moved the Georgia army into Abkhazia and South Ossetia in the midst of the negotiations with Russia. Russia countered by removing the Georgia army from Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Abkhazia and South Ossetia are independent nations today.

Now that you are educated on what happened in Georgia, you can apply that knowledge to make some assumptions about what will happen in Ukraine.

By the way, the news telecasts in Moscow show government officials of Crimea announcing themselves as President, Minister of Defense, Foreign Minister, etc., and also video statements by the governors of the Odessa and Kharkiv regions stating they want to join the new country of Crimea.
Here's the question:

Why is that so-called "news" network indoctrinating you keeping you ignorant of these facts?

What do you think their motivation is for keeping you ignorant of what's going on there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Truth is might 317,577
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Fugsworth 11,572
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web