Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406516 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1090838 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So please explain how "my cult" led to Iran wanting to blow Israel off the face of the earth.
Or North Korea threatening us with their nuclear power. Or Russia invading Ukraine - a peaceful people who want to preserve democracy. Or terrorists blowing up people all over the world and burning Christian children in their beds while they slept. Or China supporting Russia and Iran. Or Syria unleashing WMDs on innocents.
You live in a fairy tale when the ogres live in the real world.
More people have been killed in the name of religion than any other thing. Your Christians are just as guilty. Man created God not the other way round, only the very weak minded believe that crap. Religion doesn't make you a good person but it damn sure makes one judgmental and fuels hatred. On another note..The Russians violated Poland, Hungary and Georgia all during a Republican presidency and they did nothing...What say you?
Raspy Putin

Madison, WI

#1090839 Mar 4, 2014
Lil Olive Skin Kid wrote:
I don't think Barack "misunderstands" The World.
I think his perception of The World was formulated in his youth when he lived in 3rd World Countries, Indonesia, Kenya ( either domtor.
His mother was a Communist symp
Just a preview of a dynamic, comprehensive, well researched documentary that puts it all in a chronological and an unbiased perspective. It answers the How. It answers the Why.
This Documentary is Worth the Watch ... IMO.
And I agree, Brit Hume has been generous in his fair and balanced assessment of Obama.
I don't think Barack can learn. He's too indoctrinated into a communistic mind set imbedded in him, his World View since his youth ... An
<quoted text>
Why do you call yourself, "L'il Olive Skin Kid?" Is because you've got a big hole on the top and a big hole on the bottom and the rest of you is kind of a round sickly green thingy?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1090840 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're living in a 9/10/2001, mentality.
None of us thought the unimaginable then either.
Do you honestly not understand how volatile and unstable the world is today? And how vulnerable we are because of it?
You are attempting to reason with a child.

Try using lollipops, Sesame St. props and the like.

Elmo works good sometimes.
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1090841 Mar 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The sailors all know about your favorite tricks, honey.
What now, You think you are still talking to your wife?
dem

United States

#1090842 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>You're living in a 9/10/2001, mentality.

None of us thought the unimaginable then either.

Do you honestly not understand how volatile and unstable the world is today? And how vulnerable we are because of it?
You know where I was on 9-11?
About twenty minutes after they leveled the twin towers I was just getting off a train one block from the Sears Tower
I wasn't a bit frightened. Know why, dumb carol? Cause I know there is nothing that can protect me if it's my time. You are a dumb hysterical woman that needs psychiatric help.
Crude enough?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1090843 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's favorite pet? Really? Ok, that does it. I'm starting a campaign right now to disenfranchise Nevada and make it a truck stop in the desert where the toilets have no water in them... or wax-cakes,(DB! Aren't you glad you told us about that dark period in your life?) Wait... what?... It already is?
Did I say Harry Reid is Obama's favorite pet? My mistake. Harry Reid is Obama's favorite pet "stooge". Thanks for pointing out that important omission.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1090844 Mar 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sure hope so for otherwise the tourism sector will suffer. The Crimean coastal resorts are some of the most beautiful on the planet and inland the historic tours to places such a Livadia Palace are wonderful and reasonably priced.
Kinda reminds me of the time Reagan invaded Granada.
You are correct. Livadia Palace is astounding. But, it's next to the goddam coast, you moron. Very close to the Lastivchinee Gnizdo, which is more astounding.(If you went to Livadia Palace, you would have had to pass by Lastivchinee Gnizdo. If you were going to mention just one of the two, you would have mentioned Lastivchinee Gnizdo. But, you'd have to have seen them to know that.)

Keep looking in that travel brochure and tell us more about Crimea.

By the way, the main source of income for Crimea doesn't come from tourism. Crimea is like one large vinyard in the interior, you moron. Grapes and wine are the main products. Russian Admirals and Generals and high ranking officers retire there. The headquarters of Russia's Black Sea Fleet is in Sevastopol. But, tell us more about what you found on the internet.
dem

United States

#1090845 Mar 4, 2014
Lil Olive Skin Kid wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it interesting ...

The Islam arse kisser Barack is less respected by Muslims than Putin, that Commie Leader.

Guess the Muslims like Putin's type of Communism better, eh ?
They don't like or respect wimps like Barack ...
More interesting how you old tea bag homosexuaks love ya some Putin.
Patrick

United States

#1090846 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, the warmongers who are intent on killing you and the rest of us don't necessarily share your same views.

There is more danger in the
world today than at any time in history.

But you go ahead - roll over and play dead or pretend you're safe in your isolated denial. If it had been up to you, Hitler would have won WWII.
Your posts exceed your knowledge of history ....just saying

Orlando, FL

#1090847 Mar 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dumb carol I live in one of the biggest cities in our country and I don't feel threatened unless of course you mean be the stupid azzhole tea baggers running for office.
You live in Fantasyland. But we're learning the hard way that it really is a small world after all. And that we're not isolated from it.

Lapeer, MI

#1090848 Mar 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that's an oxymoron....kind of like the chimera or griffin...a mythical creature never seen in real life...
...or like that other mythical creature, a sentient typing woodtick

Lapeer, MI

#1090849 Mar 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
About twenty minutes after they leveled the twin towers I was just getting off a train one block from the Sears Tower
I wasn't a bit frightened. Know why, dumb carol? Cause I know there is nothing that can protect me if it's my time. You are a dumb hysterical woman that needs psychiatric help.
Crude enough?
God protects Fools, Drunks and Little Boys.

You are covered.
Nostrilis Waxman

Hamden, CT

#1090850 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's favorite pet? Really? Ok, that does it. I'm starting a campaign right now to disenfranchise Nevada and make it a truck stop in the desert where the toilets have no water in them... or wax-cakes,(DB! Aren't you glad you told us about that dark period in your life?) Wait... what?... It already is?
Obama's favorite pet?

Everyone knows he likes to eat dog!

It's part of his third world culture...
Patrick

United States

#1090851 Mar 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Being stupid is one thing ..........
....We notice your posts

-
On Thursday, leaders of the European Union will meet to decide whether to impose “targeted measures” on Russia. The fact that the EU’s 28 member states are working in unity is a testament to its success. But even more revealing will be whether Russian President Vladimir Putin now recognizes that his country’s own economic dependence on Europe is reason enough to back off his violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

The EU vision of shared prosperity as a peace enhancer has led it to steadily expand its membership. It now includes 11 states of the former Soviet empire. That vision also led EU members to trust Moscow leaders enough to allow their economies to become closely intertwined with Russia’s.

Russia has become the EU’s third largest trading partner, while the EU is Russia’s largest export market. Nearly a third of natural gas used in Europe comes from Russia.

Perhaps as the EU’s experiment began to work, it believed it could offer Ukraine the opportunity to join its prosperity club. Ukraine shares borders with four recent EU members: Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Slovakia. That EU offer, however, proved too threatening to Mr. Putin last November, precipitating the crisis that has led to a standoff in Crimea.

After years of facing internal financial turmoil over the eurozone’s debt crisis, the EU is once again returning to the original reason for creating a sphere of peaceful and mutual prosperity. Poland, for example, is now rethinking its stalled decision to join the 17-nation monetary union.“This [Ukraine] crisis shows that it’s worth making an additional investment in the European Union. It’s perhaps worth looking at the issue of our membership in the eurozone,” said Marek Belka, governor of Poland’s central bank, on Monday.

The EU is an experiment in countries giving up some sovereignty for the greater good of a peaceful continent. This is a type of “soft power,” or an attempt to influence events through nonmilitary means, such as recognizing common values, culture, and ideals. Russia’s aggression in Ukraine is a throwback to hard power, or the use of force by one nation to gain territorial advantage out of a notion of zero-sum thinking.

At least eight nations still seek to join the EU. In fact, it is European ideals that inspired last November’s protests in Ukraine, where people believe in those ideals more than many Europeans do. This crisis can help the EU get back to basics.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1090852 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, then, I'll say it. Obama doesn't have any idea in the world what to do.
He's in over his head. Always has been. Always will be.
I'd also say what Britt Hume said - who, by the way, has been too "fair and balanced" where this president is concerned in the past - if he hadn't said it better than I could.
“I think that Barack Obama misunderstands the world, that he had limited experience of it and in it, and I think he has proved, as Oscar Goodman, the mayor of Las Vegas, said in another context, to be a very slow learner.”
All Obama knows is he really needs a diversion now. He's getting the crap beat out of him everywhere else.
The bad part is, the rest of the world, like Russia and China, also know that.
Obama is like an amateur poker player playing blindfolded on a Mississippi River boat when he has to deal with the world.

Orlando, FL

#1090853 Mar 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Crude enough?
Apparently, you would have also been a content Jew in Hitler's concentration camps too. Good thing you didn't have to jump out of one of the top floors in the Twin Towers that day. At least you wouldn't have been frightened and saying all the way down, "my time has come."

Lapeer, MI

#1090854 Mar 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts exceed your knowledge of history ....just saying
Your perceived self-worth far exceeds your actual market value.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1090855 Mar 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More people have been killed in the name of religion than any other thing. Your Christians are just as guilty. Man created God not the other way round, only the very weak minded believe that crap. Religion doesn't make you a good person but it damn sure makes one judgmental and fuels hatred. On another note..The Russians violated Poland, Hungary and Georgia all during a Republican presidency and they did nothing...What say you?
Which religions? Id bet that land grab wars killed as many....
I mean some Anthropologists are now telling us that the CONCEPT OF A CITY was created in response to war...
Nostrilis Waxman

Hamden, CT

#1090856 Mar 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What now, You think you are still talking to your wife?
Nope. He was talking to yours!
dem

United States

#1090857 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Fantasyland. But we're learning the hard way that it really is a small world after all. And that we're not isolated from it.
That was an expected dumb carol response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min IB DaMann 256,135
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 27 Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jul 27 ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web